• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:20
CEST 19:20
KST 02:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9326 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 22

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 54 Next
Quadratic
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada249 Posts
May 04 2011 01:30 GMT
#421
I just placed a preorder for a Mionix Zibal 60 http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=zibal60. It will be my first mech keyboard. It is using black cherry MX switches. I was wondering how loud those keys are? I think there can be some differences between types, correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone can also answer if Mionix's reputation as a company is decent in terms of build quality. Their webpage only lists them selling mice and mousepads currently. The keyboard isn't out until June so I still have some time to mull over my purchase. It's the only backlit mechanical keyboard I like so far.
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
May 04 2011 23:44 GMT
#422
Hey all, I got my XArmor U9 today and I posted a review on Amazon. Check it out if you're interested:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S86PBS/ref=cm_cr_thx_view

Hope it's helpful to some...
n.Die_Jaedong <3
Eleaven
Profile Joined September 2010
772 Posts
May 05 2011 09:29 GMT
#423
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless with cherry browns arrived in the post today..

Oh wow.. this thing so good, why did i delay so long to get a mechanical keyboard? it's so sexual to type on it feels amazing.
I still accidentally bottom out the keys when i type 99% of the time, but as im getting used to it, i start hitting that 2mm actuation point more and more often, and oh wow fingers flying all over the keyboard.

10/10 for this, feels gorgeous, looks smart, and simple (only man children need lights on all their products ;D )
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
May 05 2011 18:04 GMT
#424
Take this with a grain of salt as I've literally only had it for 1 day, but so far I'm loving my lycosa. The keys have a low profile and don't stick out too much which is something I really really wanted since I'm transitioning from my laptop so that I practice under better conditions for MLG. So weird getting used to playing on a larger monitor now.
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
NPHarris
Profile Joined May 2011
91 Posts
May 05 2011 18:46 GMT
#425
That's not a mechanical keyboard.
seansye
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1722 Posts
May 06 2011 00:00 GMT
#426
Amazon is selling Filco Majestouch-2 for $149.00 on amazon. All color key switchest(red, blue, brown, black)! And I think they are going to sell Filco Ninja ones too.
Still waiting for them to restock the leopold blue's on elitekeyboards. God they take forever.
I will master Speshul Taktics.!
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
May 07 2011 16:09 GMT
#427
Yeah they do, I think they ship them by sea
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
May 09 2011 03:02 GMT
#428
I am seriously agonizing over which keyboard to purchase.

I am torn between three keyboards as it currently stands.

the Filco Majestouch-2 Linear Action Tenkeyless (I would prefer it to be non TenKeyless but they do not have any cherry black filcos with 10 keys on Amazon)

The Filco Majestouch-2 Red Switch (I hear these are a nice bridge between blues and blacks, although I hear black is best for gaming overall, I am not certain what to do. My ultimate objective is to have more accurate and precise keystrokes when playing SC2)

The Steel Series 6Gv2 (I hear Cherry blacks are amazing, but I hear Filco is the best and I don't know what to believe. Which keyboard is higher quality, SS or Filco? I'm really dying over this decision and I don't want buyers remorse.)

My only real issue is not having a place in Utah to try out these switches so I can know for sure what I really want. All I know is that the Cherry blues that I currently have are great for typing but for playing they are not the best in the world.
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
May 09 2011 03:19 GMT
#429
If your main goal is more efficiently playing SC2 than don't get blacks. I have both a 6Gv2 and a Das Prof with browns, and while the 6Gv2 isn't unplayable, you'll definitely feel the fatigue while playing. I'd personally go for the Reds.
Eleaven
Profile Joined September 2010
772 Posts
May 09 2011 03:28 GMT
#430
after around 130 games played in the last 4 days with this filco tenkeyless with browns, i'd like to mention that i feel 0 hand fatigue and no wrist/finger pains at all.

after roughly 2000 games played on a membrane keyboard i'd gotten used to the stiff mushy feeling and thought it was "normal" but hand pain was slowly creeping up on me.

Literally overnight my problems are gone, and im playing MORE than before. Maybe co-incidence maybe it only happened to me but i believe that the ease of use from the browns has made my gaming a little healthier on my hands
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
May 09 2011 03:38 GMT
#431
Well, are the browns better for gaming than the Reds? I've heard that the blacks are nice because of the fact that they reduce misclicks.

Would Reds or Browns handle that portion better? I mean, from what I've read the blacks are the best for gaming. iNcontroL and a few others from EG and other teams like em.

I know I have a million questions about this, but it is a big purchase for me. And thanks to all the posters in this thread for the wealth of information I know posses on the matter :D
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
EZjijy
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1039 Posts
May 09 2011 03:50 GMT
#432
It wouldn't matter while you are gaming between the browns and the reds. It's really hard not to bottom out while gaming and you won't ever notice the bump. The red are a little bit lighter, but I haven't tried the reds so I can't say that they are better/worse than the browns for gaming.
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
May 09 2011 03:55 GMT
#433
So Browns vs Blacks then?

I hear that the Brown is just a less intense version of the Black. I really am a noob on this issue I must say. If the Brown really is better than I am definitely getting the Filco.

Let me rephrase, what is the primary difference between the Brown and the Black?

And what is the difference between the Filco line and The SteelSeries line of keyboards?
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 04:24:47
May 09 2011 04:08 GMT
#434
On May 09 2011 12:55 Incursus wrote:
So Browns vs Blacks then?

I hear that the Brown is just a less intense version of the Black. I really am a noob on this issue I must say. If the Brown really is better than I am definitely getting the Filco.

Let me rephrase, what is the primary difference between the Brown and the Black?

And what is the difference between the Filco line and The SteelSeries line of keyboards?

Two main differences between browns and blacks:

1 - browns are a lot easier to press; they have a much lower activation force than blacks
2 - browns have a tactile bump that you can feel when the switch is activated; blacks do not have this bump

*reds have the low actuation force of browns, but the non-tactility of the blacks. if anything, reds are the "less intense" (as you said) version of blacks.

The "blacks" are best for gaming is not true for RTS games where you will be pressing many keys quickly all game long.

Filco has a bunch of Cherry switches (blue, brown, red, black, etc) while SteelSeries only has one mechanical switch type, Cherry blacks.

--edit

Your main concern is best keyboard for SC2, so Filco (or some other reputable company) with brown cherries or red cherries are probably your best and safest choices. It basically comes down to whether or not you want the tactile bump. Not sure if you've looked into cherry blues, but blues are essentially the same as browns, but with the loud clicky sound.

One last issue to look into is whether or not you want your keyboard to support N-KRO/more than 2-KRO. Most of the keyboards over $100 support 6-KRO and greater on USB and N-KRO on PS/2, but it's always good to check to make sure they support what you want.
DaBears57
Profile Joined December 2009
United States300 Posts
May 09 2011 04:23 GMT
#435
If I am looking at getting a quality tenkeyless brown switch keyboard, are my only viable options either a Leopold from Elite Keyboards or Filco buying through Amazon?
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 06:20:57
May 09 2011 05:26 GMT
#436
If you had to recommend one of the following which would it be?


Filco Linear Action tenkeyless or 6gv2?


EDIT:


For the record, I already posses a Cherry Blue keyboard and I find that it's too light when I press it down in games. So I wonder if that would be a problem I would encounter when dealing with the Reds and Browns that have lower activation force, or do they?
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
May 09 2011 07:33 GMT
#437
Sort of answered your own question. Browns and reds have 5g less activation force than blues (45g vs 50g). Whether or not that would be a problem is up to you, but if you thought your blues were too light for gaming, then I see no point in getting browns (never tried reds). For Filco Linear Action vs 6Gv2, it depends on what features you want. One is tenkeyless and the other has media-control. My only gripe with the 6Gv2 is that the lettering wears out relatively fast. I dunno how it is for the Filco, but I'd assume it lasts longer than it does for the 6Gv2. The 6Gv2 is also around $20 cheaper, but it's probably more important to get the keyboard you really want at this price point than the one that's slightly more inexpensive.

You thought your blues were too light for gaming, but I thought my Cherry blacks were too strenuous for SC2. That's not to say it's impossible, but just not preferable. I heard some BestBuys carry 6Gv2s. I'd try em out before going for black cherries.
Duoma
Profile Joined March 2011
United States396 Posts
May 09 2011 07:57 GMT
#438
On May 09 2011 14:26 Incursus wrote:
If you had to recommend one of the following which would it be?


Filco Linear Action tenkeyless or 6gv2?


EDIT:


For the record, I already posses a Cherry Blue keyboard and I find that it's too light when I press it down in games. So I wonder if that would be a problem I would encounter when dealing with the Reds and Browns that have lower activation force, or do they?


Filcos and 6Gv2s are apparently made by the same manufacturer, so build quality shouldn't differ greatly(or at all)

Both keyboards also have "Black switches". Given this, it should really come down to personal style preference and price. The filco is generally a bit more expensive(coming from perspective of US citizen) and the 6G has the number pad or course.

As far as your question regarding the actuation force, Black switches(which both of the keyboards in question have) are generally recommended for the very reason you mentioned. Blacks are designed with the expectation that you will bottom out the key. Hopefully that answers some question :3
"I have stared a horse in the eyes.... there is only black... only darkness..."
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
May 09 2011 16:13 GMT
#439
Thank you all for answering my hurricane of questions on the subject of these keyboards. I can definitely say all of this has influenced my decision.

I will be getting the 6Gv2 once I have the money in hand. I did some extra research and found that what you said is true about the SS board being made by the same manufacturer. That's what pushed me over, the SS board is cheaper, has media control and the number pad over the tenkeyless (which is the only linear board that was for sale that I could get from filco). So that was the deciding factor.

If worst comes to worst and I hate this, I can always sell the keyboard and buy a new one lol. Life's too short to worry about peripherals.
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
May 09 2011 17:09 GMT
#440
On May 09 2011 12:02 Incursus wrote:
I am seriously agonizing over which keyboard to purchase.

I am torn between three keyboards as it currently stands.

the Filco Majestouch-2 Linear Action Tenkeyless (I would prefer it to be non TenKeyless but they do not have any cherry black filcos with 10 keys on Amazon)

The Filco Majestouch-2 Red Switch (I hear these are a nice bridge between blues and blacks, although I hear black is best for gaming overall, I am not certain what to do. My ultimate objective is to have more accurate and precise keystrokes when playing SC2)

The Steel Series 6Gv2 (I hear Cherry blacks are amazing, but I hear Filco is the best and I don't know what to believe. Which keyboard is higher quality, SS or Filco? I'm really dying over this decision and I don't want buyers remorse.)

My only real issue is not having a place in Utah to try out these switches so I can know for sure what I really want. All I know is that the Cherry blues that I currently have are great for typing but for playing they are not the best in the world.


I have a steelseries 6g and I loved it, tried a black widow and the blues felt better to me than the blacks but the keyboard build quality was crap. I went out and bought a Filco with browns and the keyboard feels amazing.

The Ficlo has no rock on my desk, it feels rock solid, doesn't move and browns are a joy to type on. For gaming especially sc2 which is very spam heavy the Browns feel great but for FPS I still prefer blacks personally.
Live hard, live free.
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 646
IntoTheiNu 625
SteadfastSC477
Rex98
CosmosSc2 57
EnkiAlexander 52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 477
Rex 98
UpATreeSC 92
CosmosSc2 57
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 13
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42865
Jaedong 1387
Hyuk 813
Soma 696
BeSt 453
Mini 446
Larva 347
Rush 291
Soulkey 253
ZerO 234
[ Show more ]
Snow 169
hero 91
Dewaltoss 76
Liquid`Ret 53
Mind 49
sorry 31
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 23
Rock 21
Terrorterran 19
Trap 19
Dota 2
qojqva1407
Dendi832
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
x6flipin540
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3053
crisheroes2358
Khaldor1798
Liquid`Hasu444
Other Games
singsing1805
ArmadaUGS1493
hiko791
byalli470
B2W.Neo396
ceh9377
KnowMe126
QueenE93
Trikslyr38
Railgan23
Chillindude20
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3574
League of Legends
• Nemesis2437
• TFBlade1009
Other Games
• imaqtpie643
• Shiphtur369
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 40m
OSC
19h 40m
Stellar Fest
19h 40m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.