• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:59
CEST 03:59
KST 10:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)23Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9313 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 24

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 54 Next
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
May 10 2011 22:24 GMT
#461
On May 11 2011 03:48 ShooTouts wrote:
so is the general consensus that blacks aren't great for SC2 ?

No, its all up the user and their tastes. There are a lot of progamers who use black keys, of note include iNcontroL, IdrA, and I believe White-Ra. There are more that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

It's all a matter of personal preference.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
May 10 2011 22:25 GMT
#462
On May 11 2011 03:34 Rei_Rice wrote:
I'm still waiting for my Filco German Edition but I'm thinking about to cancel that order and get a Zowie Celeritas.

Waiting or buying a Zowie? :-/

I've heard and read a few things about the Zowie, and what I've gathered is the way the key caps are printed is that it tends to get a little dirty as time passes, but not like how other key caps get dirty.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
apm66
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada943 Posts
May 10 2011 22:27 GMT
#463
On May 11 2011 07:24 echO [W] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 03:48 ShooTouts wrote:
so is the general consensus that blacks aren't great for SC2 ?

No, its all up the user and their tastes. There are a lot of progamers who use black keys, of note include iNcontroL, IdrA, and I believe White-Ra. There are more that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

or who's sponsoring you...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
May 10 2011 22:32 GMT
#464
Don't buy Zowie. The Space bar is just bad made there - sometimes just doesn't comes back up.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
May 11 2011 05:05 GMT
#465
ended up buying a Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless cherry brown for my first mechanical keyboard ... seemed like a pretty safe pick ... good choice for someone who had some extra money laying around ?
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
May 11 2011 05:24 GMT
#466
On May 11 2011 14:05 ShooTouts wrote:
ended up buying a Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless cherry brown for my first mechanical keyboard ... seemed like a pretty safe pick ... good choice for someone who had some extra money laying around ?


yea, Filco is a safe choice. Excellent QC. Did u get the ninja version?
Owarida
Profile Joined April 2010
United States333 Posts
May 11 2011 05:25 GMT
#467
Filco Majestouch MX Brown switch...Love mine...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
May 11 2011 05:57 GMT
#468
On May 11 2011 07:27 apm66 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 07:24 echO [W] wrote:
On May 11 2011 03:48 ShooTouts wrote:
so is the general consensus that blacks aren't great for SC2 ?

No, its all up the user and their tastes. There are a lot of progamers who use black keys, of note include iNcontroL, IdrA, and I believe White-Ra. There are more that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

or who's sponsoring you...

pretty much this
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
May 11 2011 06:19 GMT
#469
On May 11 2011 14:57 FragKrag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 07:27 apm66 wrote:
On May 11 2011 07:24 echO [W] wrote:
On May 11 2011 03:48 ShooTouts wrote:
so is the general consensus that blacks aren't great for SC2 ?

No, its all up the user and their tastes. There are a lot of progamers who use black keys, of note include iNcontroL, IdrA, and I believe White-Ra. There are more that I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

or who's sponsoring you...

pretty much this

Yep, EG is sponsored by Steelseries (aka 6gv2, 6g, 7g, all black switches); White Ra by Thermaltake, aka Meka G1, blacks too.
Chicken gank op
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
May 11 2011 06:52 GMT
#470
I have to post this... but at the end of season one I was high diamond on the verge of getting into masters. When season 2 hit I was moving so didn't play much during that time and when I did play I got smashed, I was waiting to get demoted and had 0 points despite having 5 or so wins w/bonus pool.

I just got my Filco yesterday and am currently 14-2 using it. Gear doesn't make much of a difference but just the feeling of knowing your keyboard will be there for you seems to help a lot
Live hard, live free.
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
May 11 2011 06:54 GMT
#471
On May 11 2011 14:24 LaiShin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 14:05 ShooTouts wrote:
ended up buying a Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless cherry brown for my first mechanical keyboard ... seemed like a pretty safe pick ... good choice for someone who had some extra money laying around ?


yea, Filco is a safe choice. Excellent QC. Did u get the ninja version?


I'm not sure... it was this one Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Tactile Action, USA Keyboard FKBN87M/EB2 cherry brown

I would post up the Amazon link but I don't know if I am allowed.. here is the pic though http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41c-23UD2aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I am impatient so I got next day shipping and it will be here tommorow.. very excited ... tired of my crappy feeling logitech
goodfella
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany23 Posts
May 11 2011 07:26 GMT
#472
Had a 6Gv2 before and just got a new DasKeyboard Ultimate Silent with Brown Switches and its just awesome, the 6Gv2 is not at all as good as the Das. Ofc its way more expensive but its worth the price, imo brown switches are much better for SC2 than blacks, they are just too stiff.
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
May 11 2011 07:32 GMT
#473
On May 11 2011 15:54 ShooTouts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 14:24 LaiShin wrote:
On May 11 2011 14:05 ShooTouts wrote:
ended up buying a Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless cherry brown for my first mechanical keyboard ... seemed like a pretty safe pick ... good choice for someone who had some extra money laying around ?


yea, Filco is a safe choice. Excellent QC. Did u get the ninja version?


I'm not sure... it was this one Filco Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Tactile Action, USA Keyboard FKBN87M/EB2 cherry brown

I would post up the Amazon link but I don't know if I am allowed.. here is the pic though http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41c-23UD2aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I am impatient so I got next day shipping and it will be here tommorow.. very excited ... tired of my crappy feeling logitech


http://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=775 - This is a pic of it. No difference to yours except the placement of the print, which I think is kinda cool.

Yea, I know the feeling. I was refreshing my tracking info every 5 min.
goodfella
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany23 Posts
May 11 2011 08:10 GMT
#474
On May 11 2011 03:34 Rei_Rice wrote:
I'm still waiting for my Filco German Edition but I'm thinking about to cancel that order and get a Zowie Celeritas.

Waiting or buying a Zowie? :-/


Would recommend you a DasKeyboard, its available in German with both blue and brown switches, shipping is free. I had both the Zowie and the Das and I think the Das is much better.
Fharoc
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada32 Posts
May 12 2011 09:34 GMT
#475
On May 10 2011 13:13 Minzy wrote:
has anyone tried the red switches? if so, are they any good/what to they feel like in comparison to the blue/brown/black.


I have red switchs on my Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless. Wouldn't be able to give you a comparison though as I have not tried the other switches.

It's hard to try out mechanical keyboards in Canada so I read up on geek hack as much as I could. This link is wonderful for figuring out the differences of the Cherry MX switches.

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Cherry switches and boards


Also the main wiki link they have to mechanical keyboards is fantastic!
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
May 12 2011 19:14 GMT
#476
I started using a red majestouch 2 and its my fav switch for sc2 - ive used blue, brown, and black before. red takes the cake for gaming (basically a lighter black switch - sooooo smooth) and is much better than blacks for typing for long periods (no fatigue) though I may still prefer brown/blue. after using all of these switches, I see no reason to go black unless you have a preference for a heavier switch.

linear for gaming (i prefer red over black) and tactile bump/click for typing. i should also add the blues drive me crazy when i game on them.
n.Die_Jaedong <3
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
May 13 2011 01:25 GMT
#477
Is there an alternative to the keyboard company for the Filco Majestouch tenkeyless with brown (prefered) or blue cherry switches?

Preferably with a Swedish/Finnish layout but I'm not too bothered if its a french language setup or whatever as long as the layout of the keyboard is the exact same (same size/shape return key etc) as this:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=807

I'd like to find a company within the EU that sells it since I'd get screwed on import taxes otherwise. I don't understand how the keyboard company stays in business when it seems like 90% of the stuff they sell isnt in stock and wont be for several months.
rezyn8
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia216 Posts
May 13 2011 07:40 GMT
#478
I wish Amazon would ship keyboards to Australia! Will need to look for a proxy address forwarding service
Silicon Sports Founder :: siliconsports.net :: @rezyn8
rezyn8
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia216 Posts
May 13 2011 07:57 GMT
#479
Actually I just found Das and Majestouch keyboards available in Australia at http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/products/1838/ - maybe a little pricey but at least its local.
Silicon Sports Founder :: siliconsports.net :: @rezyn8
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
May 13 2011 08:40 GMT
#480
Das Keyboards can be bought at pccasegear for around $140, which should be less than how much that website is offering.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=das keyboard model s&x=0&y=0

Extra nice if you live in Victoria. I think they have a new office/warehouse near Monash University.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
Nina 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13293
Rain 2209
Artosis 601
Dewaltoss 29
NaDa 22
Dota 2
monkeys_forever645
NeuroSwarm157
League of Legends
Doublelift4812
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1640
ArmadaUGS355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1232
WinterStarcraft500
Other Games
summit1g8836
Day[9].tv737
JimRising 620
C9.Mang0200
PiGStarcraft200
Maynarde161
ViBE145
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick854
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv737
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 1m
OSC
11h 1m
Stellar Fest
11h 1m
OSC
22h 1m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.