• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:23
CEST 11:23
KST 18:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9742 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 27

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 488 Next
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
August 08 2011 12:59 GMT
#521
On August 08 2011 20:19 don_kyuhote wrote:
So is it standard for Terran to switch to Mech in TvZ if Terran fails to stop Zerg from securing 4th gas?
I think it's a pretty accepted fact that once Zerg has 4th or more gas and near fully upgraded Ultra ling with defiler support, Bio with Vessel support just doesn't cut it.

I'm not quite sure but 4 gas zerg is still manageable. The problem I find with mech transitions is that if he can catch you while you transition, then you will be left in a tough spot because you will immediately require a 3rd gas. At the same time, you need to look out for when he moves to ultras and then you can most likely get into mech mode safely.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
August 09 2011 14:35 GMT
#522
The original zealot's HP and Shield was 80 HP and 80SHIELD
And was changed due to balanced to 100HP and 60
How that change the balance? Thanks...
Tekken ProGamer
Bwenjarin Raffrack
Profile Joined November 2008
United States322 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 16:16:21
August 09 2011 15:06 GMT
#523
On August 09 2011 23:35 therockmanxx wrote:
The original zealot's HP and Shield was 80 HP and 80SHIELD
And was changed due to balanced to 100HP and 60
How that change the balance? Thanks...

In many ways. They'd be worse against hydralisks and sunken colonies, worse against tanks and tank splash damage, and they'd only be able to take two spider mine hits instead of three.

With the size conversion, basically anything with explosive damage would do better against zealots with more shields because they'd do more full damage to shields and less scaled damage to hit points. For another drastic example, a 60/100 zealot can, suprisingly, barely survive a blast from a battlecruiser's Yamato gun because it does explosive damage. An 80/80 zealot, however, would not survive.

Edit:

On August 10 2011 00:52 lyAsakura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 00:06 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:
On August 09 2011 23:35 therockmanxx wrote:
The original zealot's HP and Shield was 80 HP and 80SHIELD
And was changed due to balanced to 100HP and 60
How that change the balance? Thanks...

In many ways. They'd be worse against hydralisks and sunken colonies, worse against tanks and tank splash damage, and they'd only be able to take two spider mine hits instead of three.

With the size conversion, basically anything with explosive damage would do better against zealots with more shields because they'd do more full damage to shields and less scaled damage to hit points. For another drastic example, a 60/100 zealot can, suprisingly, barely survive a blast from a battlecruiser's Yamato gun because it does explosive damage. An 80/80 zealot, however, would not survive.


Yamato is a spell and does static damage... nevermind a zealot can survive yamato @-@.. wtf

I know, I was surprised too.
I'm not as thunk as dreople pink I am.
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 16:06:11
August 09 2011 15:52 GMT
#524
On August 10 2011 00:06 Bwenjarin Raffrack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 23:35 therockmanxx wrote:
The original zealot's HP and Shield was 80 HP and 80SHIELD
And was changed due to balanced to 100HP and 60
How that change the balance? Thanks...

In many ways. They'd be worse against hydralisks and sunken colonies, worse against tanks and tank splash damage, and they'd only be able to take two spider mine hits instead of three.

With the size conversion, basically anything with explosive damage would do better against zealots with more shields because they'd do more full damage to shields and less scaled damage to hit points. For another drastic example, a 60/100 zealot can, suprisingly, barely survive a blast from a battlecruiser's Yamato gun because it does explosive damage. An 80/80 zealot, however, would not survive.


Yamato is a spell and does static damage... nevermind a zealot can survive yamato @-@.. wtf
Changing to 100hp also makes the armor upgrade much better than it would if the zealot had more shields.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
ThePianoDentist
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom698 Posts
August 09 2011 18:48 GMT
#525
on python with the island expos anyone know why when i ferry a probe across it wont let me build a nexus there. there's literally no area where it's all green for me to be able to build. 0_o
Brood War Protoss, SC2 Terran/Protoss
Memnon
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada37 Posts
August 09 2011 18:50 GMT
#526
There should be a mineral field in the middle. Mine that first.
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
August 09 2011 20:14 GMT
#527
On August 10 2011 03:48 ThePianoDentist wrote:
on python with the island expos anyone know why when i ferry a probe across it wont let me build a nexus there. there's literally no area where it's all green for me to be able to build. 0_o


All modern island maps have a blocking mineral field to prevent terran imbalance from being able to simply build and float--all 3 races require drop tech to expand to islands
ThePianoDentist
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom698 Posts
August 09 2011 20:15 GMT
#528
On August 10 2011 05:14 xxpack09 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2011 03:48 ThePianoDentist wrote:
on python with the island expos anyone know why when i ferry a probe across it wont let me build a nexus there. there's literally no area where it's all green for me to be able to build. 0_o


All modern island maps have a blocking mineral field to prevent terran imbalance from being able to simply build and float--all 3 races require drop tech to expand to islands

aaah so you mine it out like on destination. thankyou
Brood War Protoss, SC2 Terran/Protoss
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
August 09 2011 22:10 GMT
#529
Is 9 pool speed or 9 pool lair better against a 12 hatch?
☺
Magus
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada450 Posts
August 09 2011 23:41 GMT
#530
On August 10 2011 07:10 Release wrote:
Is 9 pool speed or 9 pool lair better against a 12 hatch?

Generally speed would be better, but on a map with a ridiculous rush distance lair would be better. Or in that case just 12 hatch too.
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
August 11 2011 19:12 GMT
#531
As a Protoss player/fan, I have loved the few games I can find on Nal_Ra from liquipedia. I joined the scene a little late, so I didn't get the glory days of the dreamer but could someone link some games that are some of his more memorable or more noteworthy? The man had a flair for creative play which you don't see in Protoss players much these days.
The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 19:23:55
August 11 2011 19:23 GMT
#532
On August 12 2011 04:12 TheGlassface wrote:
As a Protoss player/fan, I have loved the few games I can find on Nal_Ra from liquipedia. I joined the scene a little late, so I didn't get the glory days of the dreamer but could someone link some games that are some of his more memorable or more noteworthy? The man had a flair for creative play which you don't see in Protoss players much these days.

you've probably seen this one already
+ Show Spoiler +


2 parts
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y91-33Kl1-U&playnext=1&list=PL6471A2AA8EAC17DE
brood war for life, brood war forever
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
August 11 2011 19:44 GMT
#533

(click video responses for other parts of it)
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
August 12 2011 10:12 GMT
#534
Hello,

I am a sc2 noob who is trying to learn 1 simple BO for each matchup. For tvp I'm trying to make the double armory ("flash build") work for me.

One thing that's not clear to me is, what should I be producing out of the 2 factories? If I get 1 fact tank and 1 fact vultures I feel like I don't have an army to defend the fast 3rd that is the crux of the build*. If i get 2 fact tank i feel like I have no map presence and no good way to scout anything, I'm afraid even to move towards my 3rd because of possible flanks /ambushes.

* I especially have trouble when p gets a fast 3rd, which is still faster than mine, and then spams gateways and pins me to my natural with just lots of goons and zealots.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
August 12 2011 11:51 GMT
#535
On August 12 2011 19:12 dementrio wrote:
Hello,

I am a sc2 noob who is trying to learn 1 simple BO for each matchup. For tvp I'm trying to make the double armory ("flash build") work for me.

One thing that's not clear to me is, what should I be producing out of the 2 factories? If I get 1 fact tank and 1 fact vultures I feel like I don't have an army to defend the fast 3rd that is the crux of the build*. If i get 2 fact tank i feel like I have no map presence and no good way to scout anything, I'm afraid even to move towards my 3rd because of possible flanks /ambushes.

* I especially have trouble when p gets a fast 3rd, which is still faster than mine, and then spams gateways and pins me to my natural with just lots of goons and zealots.

1 fact tank and 1 fact vult, lay lots of mines, you should have 3rd and 4th facts coming around the time you're floating your 3rd CC out so you can add the second machine shop then and go 2 fact tank 2 fact vult, should be plenty to defend with, don't forget turrets and a depot or two or use the depot/barracks wall if it's the 3rd on Fighting Spirit you're talking about.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
ThePianoDentist
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom698 Posts
August 12 2011 23:47 GMT
#536
anyboyd have any vods of games or replays of PvT where P opens up with early reaver (gets reaver just before expand) transitioning into carriers later on?

I usually do the dt's into arbiters tech route, but have started switching to some early reaver play (found my dt drop never did enough damage, whereas i knew in same position dropping a reaver and 2 zealots could demolish his economy.) then seeing as I didn't take the temp archive tech route i was hoping to see if it would work to go straight stargate then fleet beacon.
Brood War Protoss, SC2 Terran/Protoss
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
August 13 2011 04:15 GMT
#537
On August 12 2011 19:12 dementrio wrote:
Hello,

I am a sc2 noob who is trying to learn 1 simple BO for each matchup. For tvp I'm trying to make the double armory ("flash build") work for me.

One thing that's not clear to me is, what should I be producing out of the 2 factories? If I get 1 fact tank and 1 fact vultures I feel like I don't have an army to defend the fast 3rd that is the crux of the build*. If i get 2 fact tank i feel like I have no map presence and no good way to scout anything, I'm afraid even to move towards my 3rd because of possible flanks /ambushes.

* I especially have trouble when p gets a fast 3rd, which is still faster than mine, and then spams gateways and pins me to my natural with just lots of goons and zealots.

idk TvP at all but have you tried looking at these? I bet that one of the TvP FPVODs covers the build you are talking about.
brood war for life, brood war forever
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
August 13 2011 04:22 GMT
#538
Off a 1 rax FE in a TvP, what's the correct response to a 12 nex?
I've seen Flash just pull SCVs and bunker rush, but my micro really isn't up to par.
☺
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
August 13 2011 05:46 GMT
#539
On August 13 2011 13:22 Release wrote:
Off a 1 rax FE in a TvP, what's the correct response to a 12 nex?
I've seen Flash just pull SCVs and bunker rush, but my micro really isn't up to par.

same as what you do on 1 fact. marine timing isnt delayed at all and if you can net some probe kills or to force probes on nat away from mining, then it is possible to even get ahead since u went 1 rax fe.

i think 12 nex is mostly an issue if you went factory first rather than for rax fe.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
August 13 2011 08:56 GMT
#540
When I try builds that open with 12 rax 12 refinery I never have enough minerals for a factory when i hit 100 gas. Is this intended, or am i doing something wrong with my initial worker micro, do i need to cut workers or what?
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1213
firebathero 641
Hyun 402
Hyuk 398
BeSt 344
Jaedong 336
Mong 292
Soma 217
PianO 87
Shine 68
[ Show more ]
Sexy 68
910 57
Mind 55
Stork 47
sSak 41
Shinee 28
Hm[arnc] 27
ZergMaN 27
Bale 25
yabsab 22
Sharp 19
HiyA 17
ZerO 16
sorry 13
Noble 11
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe9
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1226
olofmeister1150
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King320
Other Games
gofns34298
summit1g7849
ceh9615
KnowMe136
Pyrionflax104
Livibee44
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick466
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1004
• Stunt381
Other Games
• Shiphtur444
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 37m
Patches Events
6h 37m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.