• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:05
CEST 07:05
KST 14:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6055 users

Starcraft 2 -- It's coming. Show your support. - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
MannerLess_
Profile Joined November 2003
Brazil535 Posts
September 11 2004 00:29 GMT
#81
On September 11 2004 09:25 jacen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2004 09:19 MannerLess_ wrote:
Bah, if it sucks(it will), I guess people will eventually come back to bw(the hardcore players).

the hardcore player wont even switch to sc2 if its not anywhere near sc1

Oh well, I think everyone will at laest end up trying it, but unless SC2 is very good(which most likely is not gonna happen), I don't see BW's community dying anytime soon, dunno about progaming tho.
ur hed got smashed by ur moms dik lololol
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
September 11 2004 00:33 GMT
#82
On September 11 2004 08:45 Abyss_Bahamut wrote:
This is what I think should happen:

We need one representative or a few that are famous [ Progamers, rekrul, leg, someone famous in our community with cred ]

We need a list of what we ALL agree on. As impossible as it sounds, this list has already been started.

The true craft fans who've been playing since day one and visit this forum want:
Keep the same 2D Graphics format.

An expansion will be just as great as another game if not BETTER because it's nearly impossible to re-create what happened with Starcraft and Broodwar. By just creating an expansion we will have a higher chance of remaking that glory.

Continue the story on the plot it's been going, don't put in bs twists and fuck up the godly single player.

No fucking heroes. Because we know they could work but I don't think any of us wanna give Blizzard chances after the heroes in WC3. We want the BEST chances possible to recreate BW.

No fucking items, and so many upgrades for EVERY unit, when I play wc3 it's like playing diablo with every fucking unit including peons, wtf is that.

One new race max assuming you create SC2, 3 new races or some other absurd number would make ZERO sense. The only considerable races are Xel'Naga or the new race implied by Duran. Xel'Naga would be hard as hell to make original though considering they are an advanced Protoss. They'd cost way too much and the ' ladder ' between the other races would be too wide. Think about it, Xel'Nagas first unit would probably only be defeated by 2 zeals or 6 rines or 7-8 lings. Duran's race seems most appropriate.

We DON'T want wc3, do not look at it or even look at the few succesess you had with wc3. Sc is sc, remember, not warcraft in space.

We all want an RTS. We do NOT want a fusion of RTS FPS MMORPG

Point out the sc scene in Korea, educate them, do you really think that by changing the game like you did to wc3 that sc will still continue to exist? People LIVE off sc, you're doing something right, keep it that way.

HARD COUNTERS, I cannot stress this enough, and I'm sure the majority of the community backs me. WE WANT A HARD GAME, DON'T PUSSIFY WITH SOFT COUNTERS.


Generic things like these I think we all agree on and we need to present it RIGHT and with AUTHORITY.


You make an online petition, and I'll sign it... not that it worked when that shitty patch came out on April fools day.
Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
September 11 2004 01:53 GMT
#83
i just wanna ask you war3 haters something, if the game is so dumbed down and newbified, what seperates the good players from the best players?

it's not racial imbalance, that's actually pretty good (within about 2-3% differences)

it's not luck, anyone says you can win war3 on 'item luck' is stupid and hasn't played the game since they changed the drop tables (over a year ago)

=/

for the record, i don't want heroes, upkeep, smaller armies, creeps, shops, mercenaries in SC2

but to call war3 a newbie game at all is quite ignorant, why dont' you just go to korea and become a pro-war3 gamer and make tons of money then? =p



LazySCV
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
United States2942 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-11 02:12:57
September 11 2004 02:08 GMT
#84
--- Nuked ---
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
September 11 2004 02:34 GMT
#85
On September 11 2004 08:14 Jim wrote:
I guess its understandable but most of you guys just want sc with better graphics. Doesnt sc have any flaws for you? Imo sc lacks a random map generator ala AOE2. That is so much fun.


i wouldn't call that a flaw. it'd be cool, but a flaw is something else.
:O
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
September 11 2004 03:00 GMT
#86
There are a few key things that I think makes BW great:

1.) Interesting, and difficult, but doable micro tasks.
2.) Building a large eco is a strategy.
3.) Every match has the potential to spawn some cute, situational strategy.
4.) Each race has a significantly different strategy when facing the other races.
5.) Depth of ability to harass.
6.) Fast pace.
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
BlaZnDReaMe
Profile Joined September 2004
United States52 Posts
September 11 2004 03:02 GMT
#87
If they make a Mega-Patch then they are cohessively losing out on millions of dollars, yes it sounds best to the majority of the gamers, but seriously...would a corporation that is constantly losing respect from its own gamers even run the risk of not making the money while its there..?

More than 9 out of 10 brood war players with extensive knowledge of the game would tell you they want pretty much the same things... Now lets think, I'm sure Blizzard are not 9 year olds sitting around thinking "Lets make ORCS IN SPACE", they must have a general idea of why starcraft was much more supported tournament wise and have the longevity to last as long as it has..

I guess what I'm trying to say is stop bashing something that hasn't even had a platform chosen for itself yet, get on the forums, be productive and give positive, well rounded answers, and refrain from making yourselves look like jackasses by bashing people who play video games for fun and entertainment *war3 players*, its not, and wheter you believe it or not, will not help your arguement at all.

God forbid they don't make it exactly how YOU want it...your life is now over, shoot yourself.
Choices..
0wNaG3-
Profile Joined May 2004
333 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-11 03:04:32
September 11 2004 03:02 GMT
#88
I remember when I first baught WC3 the 3rd day it was released. Got bored of it in 3 weeks and havent played it since then. However, a month ago, I was at a friends house who had WC3, but no starcraft, so i played a game for fun. I was orc he was undead, and level 6. With my micro/macro I overpowered him, killing his entire army numerous times. Everytime he countered me he would say "No way are u noob, look how fast u rebuild ur army".( I was MACROING!!! :O ) In the end his giant beatle hero thing killed my entire army, cause it was like level 9. He had gone a "creeped" the entire map, something I hadnt done. I had also expoed a couple of times, but there was nothing I could do against his gay hero. My orcs and shit were even upped to the max. But the conclusion is, I nearly beat a lvl 6 player cause I knew the concept of macro (U cant really micro in wc3). WC3 is just an easier and crappier version of starcraft.

The only micro u can do in wc3, is like zealot vrs zealot micro.
AKA: frEeLoSS
tfeign
Profile Joined June 2004
United States2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-11 03:09:04
September 11 2004 03:08 GMT
#89
UPDATE!!JosephH has just posted yet ANOTHER suggestion question:
What platform do you most want to see the next RTS StarCraft game on? Which would you least like to see it on? Why? What advantages/disadvantages do you see to that platform compared to others?


I'll put this into the original post as well. I think this is a question that has an answer we all can agree on.
UniversalMoron
Profile Joined May 2003
Finland426 Posts
September 11 2004 03:14 GMT
#90
With my luck, SC2 will be XBOX only with heroes, creeping and a 100 food limit.
naventus
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States1339 Posts
September 11 2004 03:16 GMT
#91
Not to be an ass to ownage, but level 6 guy =[. Pretty much everyone from level 1 to level 10 have the same skills. An average played right now is about level 27. Level 6 is nothing =[. But I get your point.
hmm.
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
September 11 2004 03:21 GMT
#92
ROFL, an strategy game without a mouse isn't doable, especially if it involves so much speed like Starcraft. The online community requires an pc too. There's like only 1 million ppl playing on xbox online servers ... :S.

iirc starcraft 64 wasn't exactly a hit too. A pc is just capable of sooooooooooo much more then a console.
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
September 11 2004 03:21 GMT
#93
Hmm, im looking forward if they manage to discover new race
I dont want to be totally out :3
AcidZerg
Profile Joined July 2004
Canada102 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-11 03:28:47
September 11 2004 03:27 GMT
#94
Wow this is amazing I can't believe it, it's finally official. But I don't really care about it unless they manage to make it better than starcraft. I'll try before I buy and if I like it more than starcraft I'll play that part of the time, but sc:bw forever.

Actually a nice feature would be to play sc:bw with sc2 in either original format or sc2 format with original sc:bw players so you wouldn't have to switch games to play each one.
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
September 11 2004 03:30 GMT
#95
I wish it stayed as 2D, I like it as it is right now.
No heroes, This once-popular game called Kingdom Under Fire got fucked because of heroes.
No experiences stuff, easier observer settings

Hmm..Units?Maybe zerg can have more useful/effecitve magic unit?That would be awesome. I hope races stay as Z P T thow. =]

OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
September 11 2004 03:31 GMT
#96
I remember when I called everybody who said SC2 was coming out stupid.x.X
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
September 11 2004 03:35 GMT
#97
umm, i cant call wc3 crappy, instead of macroing you creep, and in battles its all about the same but in sc you move couple of units at the time and in wc3 you command single units
I dont want to be totally out :3
MannerLess_
Profile Joined November 2003
Brazil535 Posts
September 11 2004 03:42 GMT
#98
On September 11 2004 12:35 suxN wrote:
umm, i cant call wc3 crappy, instead of macroing you creep, and in battles its all about the same but in sc you move couple of units at the time and in wc3 you command single units


How good are you at both games?
ur hed got smashed by ur moms dik lololol
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
September 11 2004 04:20 GMT
#99
On September 11 2004 12:02 0wNaG3- wrote:
I remember when I first baught WC3 the 3rd day it was released. Got bored of it in 3 weeks and havent played it since then. However, a month ago, I was at a friends house who had WC3, but no starcraft, so i played a game for fun. I was orc he was undead, and level 6. With my micro/macro I overpowered him, killing his entire army numerous times. Everytime he countered me he would say "No way are u noob, look how fast u rebuild ur army".( I was MACROING!!! :O ) In the end his giant beatle hero thing killed my entire army, cause it was like level 9. He had gone a "creeped" the entire map, something I hadnt done. I had also expoed a couple of times, but there was nothing I could do against his gay hero. My orcs and shit were even upped to the max. But the conclusion is, I nearly beat a lvl 6 player cause I knew the concept of macro (U cant really micro in wc3). WC3 is just an easier and crappier version of starcraft.

The only micro u can do in wc3, is like zealot vrs zealot micro.


you can't level a hero past level 5 from creeping, so he got to level 9 from killing your units =/
iLoveLulu
Profile Joined August 2004
Venezuela457 Posts
September 11 2004 04:26 GMT
#100
I saw this a couple of days ago, in SCLEGacy.com, I hope they make Sc2. But a True Sequel not a stupid copy of SC with Heros and that crap.
Go to: Op NoLT, Op ToT) All in Europe ;D!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2553
GuemChi 740
Leta 174
Snow 96
Terrorterran 68
NaDa 43
Bale 36
Noble 14
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 646
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox408
Mew2King56
Other Games
summit1g7017
WinterStarcraft379
C9.Mang0319
Sick126
ViBE89
Trikslyr25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick582
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 131
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2136
League of Legends
• Lourlo1201
• Stunt417
Other Games
• Shiphtur480
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 55m
Patches Events
10h 55m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.