• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:11
CEST 12:11
KST 19:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7172 users

Starcraft 2 -- It's coming. Show your support. - Page 11

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
ParasitJonte
Profile Joined September 2004
Sweden1768 Posts
September 15 2004 15:52 GMT
#201
I don't think multiple building selecion is good for the same reasons already given above. I am just an average gamer but I don't think it would be fair cause this change would benefit me way more than any skilled gamer, that is the gap would decrease just because I don't have to do the same amount of tasks in a certain time like before.
Hello=)
gravity
Profile Joined March 2004
Australia2330 Posts
September 15 2004 19:35 GMT
#202
On September 16 2004 00:52 ParasitJonte wrote:
I don't think multiple building selecion is good for the same reasons already given above. I am just an average gamer but I don't think it would be fair cause this change would benefit me way more than any skilled gamer, that is the gap would decrease just because I don't have to do the same amount of tasks in a certain time like before.

I think it would actually increase the skill, as most people can click gateways fast with enough practice (not as fast as Nada or whatever, but fast enough), but not everyone can have the great sense of timing or creativity or anticipation of the opponent that the best players have, and with multiple building selection these qualities would have more room to shine through, at least in the late game.
Furthermore, tournaments should use matchup-specific maps
no.1
Profile Joined March 2004
516 Posts
September 15 2004 19:59 GMT
#203
plz dont change the graphik into 3d mode, dont make w3 with sc units . that's all !!!
www.ygosu.com
no.1
Profile Joined March 2004
516 Posts
September 15 2004 20:01 GMT
#204
and plz stay at this speed level or make it faster !! w3 is for old people !!
www.ygosu.com
x2fst
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
1272 Posts
September 15 2004 22:13 GMT
#205
i would prefer if it was not starcraft 2 but like another expantion that would take the pressure off blizzard to make some really good graphics game and just add to the game like brood war did without fucking it up
muda, is a crime for me to wear a shirt, cos I is so good lookin
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
September 15 2004 23:55 GMT
#206
On September 16 2004 04:35 gravity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2004 00:52 ParasitJonte wrote:
I don't think multiple building selecion is good for the same reasons already given above. I am just an average gamer but I don't think it would be fair cause this change would benefit me way more than any skilled gamer, that is the gap would decrease just because I don't have to do the same amount of tasks in a certain time like before.

I think it would actually increase the skill, as most people can click gateways fast with enough practice (not as fast as Nada or whatever, but fast enough), but not everyone can have the great sense of timing or creativity or anticipation of the opponent that the best players have, and with multiple building selection these qualities would have more room to shine through, at least in the late game.

AREDASD*atf13yt74

No you can't macro like reach or nada. Not even close, I mean seriously. Lightyears apart.

Reach can control 3 groups of units while setting rally points to his army and making units out of his gateways.

If all you had to do was click 4 z 5 d 6 t and you'd get 5 of each unit would you find that impressive??

No? SEE?

It would be ARTIFICAL SHINE! As it is now, only the great players can shine --

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Geval
Profile Joined September 2004
788 Posts
September 16 2004 00:21 GMT
#207
On September 16 2004 04:35 gravity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2004 00:52 ParasitJonte wrote:
I don't think multiple building selecion is good for the same reasons already given above. I am just an average gamer but I don't think it would be fair cause this change would benefit me way more than any skilled gamer, that is the gap would decrease just because I don't have to do the same amount of tasks in a certain time like before.

I think it would actually increase the skill, as most people can click gateways fast with enough practice (not as fast as Nada or whatever, but fast enough), but not everyone can have the great sense of timing or creativity or anticipation of the opponent that the best players have, and with multiple building selection these qualities would have more room to shine through, at least in the late game.


I dont think that make sense either.
Bc right now you have to focus on "click gateways fast" AND "the great sense of timing or creativity or anticipation of the opponent". Not just "click gateways fast"
WOW cant believe LT gave me BETA KEY thx thx thx thx thx
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-16 00:59:55
September 16 2004 00:55 GMT
#208
On September 16 2004 04:35 gravity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2004 00:52 ParasitJonte wrote:
I don't think multiple building selecion is good for the same reasons already given above. I am just an average gamer but I don't think it would be fair cause this change would benefit me way more than any skilled gamer, that is the gap would decrease just because I don't have to do the same amount of tasks in a certain time like before.

I think it would actually increase the skill, as most people can click gateways fast with enough practice (not as fast as Nada or whatever, but fast enough), but not everyone can have the great sense of timing or creativity or anticipation of the opponent that the best players have, and with multiple building selection these qualities would have more room to shine through, at least in the late game.


The point of any game is for skill to decide the outcome. What you're talking about, the top pros can do. Why give that ability to every player, it would be boring.

When you (meaning everybody) think of a suggestion that diminishes what the top players can accomplish, it's not a good suggestion.
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
gravity
Profile Joined March 2004
Australia2330 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-16 15:28:38
September 16 2004 15:26 GMT
#209
On September 16 2004 08:55 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2004 04:35 gravity wrote:
On September 16 2004 00:52 ParasitJonte wrote:
I don't think multiple building selecion is good for the same reasons already given above. I am just an average gamer but I don't think it would be fair cause this change would benefit me way more than any skilled gamer, that is the gap would decrease just because I don't have to do the same amount of tasks in a certain time like before.

I think it would actually increase the skill, as most people can click gateways fast with enough practice (not as fast as Nada or whatever, but fast enough), but not everyone can have the great sense of timing or creativity or anticipation of the opponent that the best players have, and with multiple building selection these qualities would have more room to shine through, at least in the late game.

AREDASD*atf13yt74

No you can't macro like reach or nada. Not even close, I mean seriously. Lightyears apart.

Reach can control 3 groups of units while setting rally points to his army and making units out of his gateways.

If all you had to do was click 4 z 5 d 6 t and you'd get 5 of each unit would you find that impressive??

No? SEE?

It would be ARTIFICAL SHINE! As it is now, only the great players can shine --


I never said I was anywhere near Nada's macro, just that it's easier to approach high levels players in terms of macro than it is to do it in the more subtle aspects of the game.

As for impressiveness, would have more time for even more impressive stuff. The overall level would be moved up. I seriously fail to see how artificially worsening the interface makes an RTS game better. After all, if there was no unit queueing or production hotkeys then good macro would be even more impressive, but that doesn't mean that taking away unit queueing or hotkeys would make the game better. Sure, fast-clicking is important, but this won't change that, it will just result in clicks being redirected, since even with easy macro you can't be doing too many things at once in SC, in the late game (unlike WC3).
Furthermore, tournaments should use matchup-specific maps
gravity
Profile Joined March 2004
Australia2330 Posts
September 16 2004 15:30 GMT
#210
On September 16 2004 09:55 A3iL3r0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2004 04:35 gravity wrote:
On September 16 2004 00:52 ParasitJonte wrote:
I don't think multiple building selecion is good for the same reasons already given above. I am just an average gamer but I don't think it would be fair cause this change would benefit me way more than any skilled gamer, that is the gap would decrease just because I don't have to do the same amount of tasks in a certain time like before.

I think it would actually increase the skill, as most people can click gateways fast with enough practice (not as fast as Nada or whatever, but fast enough), but not everyone can have the great sense of timing or creativity or anticipation of the opponent that the best players have, and with multiple building selection these qualities would have more room to shine through, at least in the late game.


The point of any game is for skill to decide the outcome. What you're talking about, the top pros can do. Why give that ability to every player, it would be boring.

When you (meaning everybody) think of a suggestion that diminishes what the top players can accomplish, it's not a good suggestion.

The game should be about fast-thinking more than fast clicking in my opinion, at least as far as possible while still giving people full control (ie not making the unit AI too autonomous). If that means some current pros will stop being good and others will rise up, then so be it; I think the game will be better for it, in the long term. After all, most people love Boxer's creativity, and that style of play would be more effective in modern times if it was a bit easier for him to keep up with macro (which iirc is his main weakness), so we would see creative players succeed more and the game become more interesting.
Furthermore, tournaments should use matchup-specific maps
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-09-16 23:45:57
September 16 2004 23:40 GMT
#211
I'm gonna use this Denis Leary (I think) quote:
"It's not stupid, it's advaaaaaaaaanceeeeed" said in a semi highpitched voice

You seriously don't see how this would impact brood war??? You would remove half of all playstyles out there.. You'd ONLY see players like boxer, yellow, gundam. Not a single nada, xellos, oov, junwi or starcraft_side. SERIOUSLY IT IS DUMB AS FUCK, it makes the skill cap MUCH LOWER.

Doing the stuff the pros do now 'but better and even more impressive' wouldn't be impressive at all because they have all the time in the world!!

I can't explain it to you if you don't see why this would be awful..

And btw you do realize that you just said the game would be easier for boxer? Hello? It's like we'd add in a trampoline for all short people in the high jump.

"It would make for more spectacular jumps, sorry the tall people can't use it".

Btw, it is not fast clicking that makes macro good (then you wouldn't see all these 100 apm tosses with awesome macro!)

It is the ability to MULTITASK.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko183
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1573
actioN 988
Jaedong 534
Bisu 519
Horang2 515
BeSt 416
Hyuk 328
firebathero 269
Soma 244
Hyun 215
[ Show more ]
Larva 208
Mong 203
Stork 181
Shine 131
Rush 127
Soulkey 111
PianO 105
Mind 66
910 59
Pusan 58
hero 51
Sexy 50
HiyA 37
ZerO 36
Shinee 33
Free 27
sSak 26
ZergMaN 26
Bale 26
Sharp 24
Hm[arnc] 21
Last 20
sorry 16
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe185
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1276
shoxiejesuss1140
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King280
Other Games
gofns35502
summit1g6990
singsing1385
ceh9544
Pyrionflax154
KnowMe149
DeMusliM133
Livibee99
Trikslyr28
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick465
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1217
Other Games
• Shiphtur403
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
49m
Patches Events
5h 49m
The PondCast
23h 49m
INu's Battles
1d
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.