• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:00
CEST 15:00
KST 22:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9250 users

US Politics Feedback Thread - Page 312

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 310 311 312 313 314 345 Next
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
May 18 2021 18:44 GMT
#6221
https://tl.net/forum/general/573090-things-arent-peaceful-in-palestine
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
May 18 2021 20:50 GMT
#6222
On May 19 2021 02:52 LegalLord wrote:
Is it about time to move the Israel talk into a separate thread? Pages and pages of this discussion on a topic whose relation to US Pol seems tangential at best.


The history lesson Kwark provided was certainly helpful for nearly all of us, but my interest was in the US role which I'd think is still a topic for the US politics thread?

Like how the US responds to the bombing of the AP offices in Gaza or whatever?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10005 Posts
May 18 2021 20:51 GMT
#6223
On May 19 2021 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2021 02:52 LegalLord wrote:
Is it about time to move the Israel talk into a separate thread? Pages and pages of this discussion on a topic whose relation to US Pol seems tangential at best.


The history lesson Kwark provided was certainly helpful for nearly all of us, but my interest was in the US role which I'd think is still a topic for the US politics thread?

Like how the US responds to the bombing of the AP offices in Gaza or whatever?

The US role is still more appropriate in the Israe/Palestine thread imo.
Problem is, any discussion of the subject at all is going to lead to long debates about Israel in general and all the subjects we've just seen. I like the new thread. I can stay out of it instead of getting riled up about the subject.
RIP Meatloaf <3
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-18 21:32:34
May 18 2021 20:55 GMT
#6224
On May 19 2021 05:51 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2021 05:50 GreenHorizons wrote:
On May 19 2021 02:52 LegalLord wrote:
Is it about time to move the Israel talk into a separate thread? Pages and pages of this discussion on a topic whose relation to US Pol seems tangential at best.


The history lesson Kwark provided was certainly helpful for nearly all of us, but my interest was in the US role which I'd think is still a topic for the US politics thread?

Like how the US responds to the bombing of the AP offices in Gaza or whatever?

The US role is still more appropriate in the Israe/Palestine thread imo.
Problem is, any discussion of the subject at all is going to lead to long debates about Israel in general and all the subjects we've just seen. I like the new thread. I can stay out of it instead of getting riled up about the subject.

I think the conversation was fine save for JimmiC's posting which is what's been crapping up the thread a lot lately imo.

For reference, the discussion started here: https://tl.net/forum/general/532255-us-politics-mega-thread?page=3219

EDIT: Rereading through it MWY wasn't very helpful either.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 18 2021 21:17 GMT
#6225
--- Nuked ---
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
May 19 2021 11:40 GMT
#6226
So, just a question in regards to the kind of "political discussion" we are currently having in the Palestine thread. If i believe a post is not violating forum guidelines but is so stupid i want to yell at someone over the internet, what should we do? Pages 3 to 6 of the thread are basically worthless, except that maybe information was gained about the position of posters. Is it more important to keep the discussion civil and move on when we encounter a road block? I feel like we bullied Magic Powers and that resulted in problematic posts but i also feel like his position couldn't just be accepted as a valid opinion. I would completely understand if this was not wanted by the staff and would try to limit it, as i am certainly not the authority which posts are reasonable. Or you don't care as long as i keep restrained and don't yell, even though Magic Powers clearly already felt insulted.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
May 19 2021 12:35 GMT
#6227
I think we did fine
No will to live, no wish to die
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
May 19 2021 12:38 GMT
#6228
It is a difficult topic to cordially discuss.. My best suggestion to everyone involved is to, if they feel they are about to make an overly aggressive post, is to reread it and see if they really have to include that part. But frankly, I think getting upset here is positive. You're not supposed to be so jaded that people aruing for bombing children makes you think 'meh'.

Still - it is best to avoid ad hominems. But I'm not gonna insist that you shouldnt be upset or angry - I think you should be both. ☺
Moderator
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
May 19 2021 12:54 GMT
#6229
On May 19 2021 21:35 Nebuchad wrote:
I think we did fine

The point y’all were making came through, for what my reader’s opinion is worth
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-05-19 13:34:19
May 19 2021 13:30 GMT
#6230
--- Nuked ---
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18450 Posts
May 19 2021 13:55 GMT
#6231
When you're having a terrible discussion, just stop having it. If you are having a terrible discussoin with, of all posters, Drone, you should probably just rethink posting all together.

And no, I haven't read the thread!
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
May 19 2021 14:01 GMT
#6232
Jimmy, did I accuse you of being solidly on the side of Israel?
Moderator
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
May 19 2021 14:18 GMT
#6233
I will freely admit that i frequently am over sensitive to some messages, that's why i asked the question here in the first place. Not to get approval from my peers, but to see if i reacted wrong. It's hard to judge between people casually saying monstrous things and people just leaving out context they clearly implied to people simply joking in bad taste. In all cases posts look very similar and if the argument is already controversial/heated, the lines blur even more. That's why i asked the question, not to bully afterwards. In the end there are opinions that are not acceptable in a discussion and bullying is kinda necessary in this case. But as these things are subjective, it's better to ask, especially those that were not invested in the discussion in the first place. And to be clear, i do not think magic powers is necessary a monster for stating the things he did.
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 19 2021 14:22 GMT
#6234
--- Nuked ---
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
May 19 2021 14:25 GMT
#6235
Imo, you've been exemplary, Broetchenholer.

One thing we can try to keep in mind is - and this is with the goal of hindering 'pile-ons'- which is a real issue, is that.. if others have posted virtually the same thing you intend on posting, you might not have to post it. I get that sometimes a lot of people start their posts within a similar time frame so they might not have seen others' posts before they're done writing their own, so this is kind of a 'this is just the nature of forums'- kind of thing. But sometimes it's actually avoidable, too.
Moderator
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 19 2021 14:34 GMT
#6236
--- Nuked ---
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
May 19 2021 14:53 GMT
#6237
On May 19 2021 23:22 JimmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2021 23:01 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Jimmy, did I accuse you of being solidly on the side of Israel?

Of course not, that would be direct. You have not directly said that to anyone. You have left it open ended. But it is clear that many people think I am and when you do that it hits me and others. You also are all about civil conversation and so on, but when Kwark starts talking about promptly fucking my mother you fall silent.

Who are the people "solidly on the side of Israel"? And what is their position. I doubt very few people can accurately describe those people positions because instead of using the basic communication model (acknowledge, question, confirm) they use the question piece for attempted gotcha's and they use the confirm to assert a position on the person. There is no mutual understanding so it is people talking beside each other and mostly insulting.

It is disturbing how many of you consider yourselves and how proud many of you are at how you are bullying someone online.


Well, I'll clarify once and for all. I'm more aligned with you politically than I am with any of the guys you accuse of bullying you, other than I guess myself. GH is revolutionary, I'm not. Neb kinda, too, and he's certainly less about reconciliation and getting together than I am. I'm pretty certain Kwark voted conservatory in the UK - I've voted left of Corbyn every election of my life. It very rarely happens that I read a post of yours and think 'that's a stupid political opinion'. My issues with you are 100% related to how you post, not what you think, and it's the same issue that repeats itself over and over and over, including in this very exchange we're having right now.

You make assumptions about what other people think and then you write long posts based on those assumptions and even if confronted on those assumptions being wrong, you double down, insisting that your assumption was the right one even if you get corrected. Further, you're completely incapable of letting stuff go. I'm an English teacher and I don't want to wrongly use literally, but I think literally every time you've directed a post towards GH in the past.. year? longer?, it's been some kind of stupid, misplaced stab where you want him to criticize China or Venezuela instead of the US. This is why I think it's absolutely laughable to see you complain about Kwark taking your posts out of context and targeting you with 'gotcha' posts, because from my perspective, you are the single poster on the forum most guilty of doing just that. At least out of the 1000 or so posters whose posting habits I have any impression of, anyway. (I actually just checked. In the USPol megathread, you've mentioned Maduro 162 times and Venezuela 255 times and an actual majority of these are attempts at needling GH.)

It has made me not want to discuss with you - and this generally makes me avoid responding to you. It's also generally not very interesting to discuss with you, because in terms of political opinion, I hardly ever find myself disagreeing in any meaningful way.

This is direct feedback that I give to you because you in the very post I am responding to are essentially accusing me of being indirect in my communication. But no, I can also confirm that when I wrote 'amusingly even the guys solidly on the side of Israel don't support the settlements', then I did not even remotely have you in mind.
Moderator
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
May 19 2021 15:29 GMT
#6238
On May 19 2021 23:34 JimmiC wrote:
Agreed Broetchenholer, that you are even asking is amazing. Most of the people are so self-righteous, that they would never even consider if they are wrong, or misinterpreted anyone, instead they assume the persons clarification is a lie and continue down their original path.

I challenge anyone here who has been piling on Magicpowers to write out his position, that he would agree is his position. If you can't, you don't understand his position. Unlike many people he has not dodged, and he has tried to defend against the accusations.

I can't do it, I'm confused on what it is because the whole convo for days now is him saying something and someone else saying he means "x".



You mean, what i believe his stance is [b]and[/] what he would agree with what his stance is? That's really tough. I think he believes his stance is that it is complicated, that both sides are shitty but that Israel has no choice but to be shitty. Here is where we started to discuss with him, because that no choice option seemed not logical to us. As to the part about Dresden i think he just messed up. I think he did not know exactly what we meant with Dresden, tried to argue against bombings of Germany in general and when he realized what we actually meant, backpedaled. But i can't say.

JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
May 19 2021 16:33 GMT
#6239
--- Nuked ---
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24369 Posts
May 19 2021 17:18 GMT
#6240
On May 19 2021 23:53 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2021 23:22 JimmiC wrote:
On May 19 2021 23:01 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Jimmy, did I accuse you of being solidly on the side of Israel?

Of course not, that would be direct. You have not directly said that to anyone. You have left it open ended. But it is clear that many people think I am and when you do that it hits me and others. You also are all about civil conversation and so on, but when Kwark starts talking about promptly fucking my mother you fall silent.

Who are the people "solidly on the side of Israel"? And what is their position. I doubt very few people can accurately describe those people positions because instead of using the basic communication model (acknowledge, question, confirm) they use the question piece for attempted gotcha's and they use the confirm to assert a position on the person. There is no mutual understanding so it is people talking beside each other and mostly insulting.

It is disturbing how many of you consider yourselves and how proud many of you are at how you are bullying someone online.


+ Show Spoiler +
Well, I'll clarify once and for all. I'm more aligned with you politically than I am with any of the guys you accuse of bullying you, other than I guess myself. GH is revolutionary, I'm not. Neb kinda, too, and he's certainly less about reconciliation and getting together than I am. I'm pretty certain Kwark voted conservatory in the UK - I've voted left of Corbyn every election of my life. It very rarely happens that I read a post of yours and think 'that's a stupid political opinion'. My issues with you are 100% related to how you post, not what you think, and it's the same issue that repeats itself over and over and over, including in this very exchange we're having right now.

You make assumptions about what other people think and then you write long posts based on those assumptions and even if confronted on those assumptions being wrong, you double down, insisting that your assumption was the right one even if you get corrected. Further, you're completely incapable of letting stuff go. I'm an English teacher and I don't want to wrongly use literally, but I think literally every time you've directed a post towards GH in the past.. year? longer?, it's been some kind of stupid, misplaced stab where you want him to criticize China or Venezuela instead of the US. This is why I think it's absolutely laughable to see you complain about Kwark taking your posts out of context and targeting you with 'gotcha' posts, because from my perspective, you are the single poster on the forum most guilty of doing just that. At least out of the 1000 or so posters whose posting habits I have any impression of, anyway.

(I actually just checked. In the USPol megathread, you've mentioned Maduro 162 times and Venezuela 255 times and an actual majority of these are attempts at needling GH.)

+ Show Spoiler +
It has made me not want to discuss with you - and this generally makes me avoid responding to you. It's also generally not very interesting to discuss with you, because in terms of political opinion, I hardly ever find myself disagreeing in any meaningful way.

This is direct feedback that I give to you because you in the very post I am responding to are essentially accusing me of being indirect in my communication. But no, I can also confirm that when I wrote 'amusingly even the guys solidly on the side of Israel don't support the settlements', then I did not even remotely have you in mind.


I knew it was a lot (too many imo) but damn.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Prev 1 310 311 312 313 314 345 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1011
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings247
CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
CosmosSc2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46601
Shuttle 11804
FanTaSy 1535
Hyuk 929
BeSt 474
Horang2 459
EffOrt 232
Stork 222
Last 170
Zeus 149
[ Show more ]
Soma 121
Pusan 119
Mind 94
hero 76
Killer 73
ggaemo 68
Hyun 68
sorry 56
Snow 53
Hm[arnc] 47
PianO 40
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 28
Aegong 27
zelot 19
JYJ 17
NaDa 15
Sexy 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 8
Icarus 1
Dota 2
qojqva1281
Dendi1136
XcaliburYe322
Gorgc0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2887
x6flipin748
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu546
Khaldor113
Other Games
gofns37234
B2W.Neo1146
byalli822
Beastyqt283
Hui .163
Livibee160
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King58
Mlord17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1896
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h
BSL Open Qualifier
6h
Replay Cast
10h
Afreeca Starleague
21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.