• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:42
CEST 17:42
KST 00:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War195.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10779 users

Community News + Brood War - Page 3

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
October 18 2011 21:53 GMT
#41
On October 19 2011 06:23 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2011 05:05 Kibibit wrote:
On October 18 2011 23:05 TheToast wrote:
On October 18 2011 05:38 Plexa wrote:
I use a greasemonkey highlight script so I can single out posts by important people. Makes browsing sc2 x10 easier.


I seriously hope this is a joke, or it's kind of sad.

There seems to be this view that before the SC2 community started, TL was some wonderland paradise of perfect threads with mannered academic responses disccussing the scientific aspects of Brood War and the cosmos.

When, in fact, if you go back to the early 2000's in the Brood War forum; practically every other thread is one sentence (many without punctuation, really making it a "one phrase" thread) written in a stream of conciousness form.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. But it's worth noting that it took TL some time to form into a community of posters that produced good content and participated in discussions in meaningful ways. Why are there so many members who are unwilling to afford the SC2 half of the TL community the same time to develop in the same way?


Because contrary to some people's belief, TL is a continuum of BW and SC2, not some mutually exclusive split with the two. The SC2 forums of TL are still a forum on TL, and as such are held to the same standards as everyone else on the TL forums. (Let's not forget that if you honestly think that SC2 people are NOT getting a lot of leniency on the grounds that they are new, you're wrong.)


Alright, I admit you may have a good point here about TL being one community.

But I still think there is some duality. The thread about Bisu, Jaedong, Jangbi, and Fantasy headed to Blizzcon (which due to the fact that there are BW players headed to an SC2 event makes it a truely cross-community thread) is a perfect example. Take some of the things BW players are saying about SC2; if the same things were said by an SC2 player about BW, I feel like the ban hammer would be incoming, or at the very least a warning

I'm not arguing for more lenient or more strict rules, I just want to see the rules applied equally. I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but this is just the way I feel about it.

Show nested quote +
All that said, that was a retarded strawman argument. Nobody but in the light of hyperbole calls the BW Forums, past or present, perfect.


I said it seems like it. As in, from my perspective, it sometimes appears that this is the type of attitude certain individuals have. I didn't mean that individuals had literally called the BW forum perfection.


For one, there are people like Sawamura, who do indeed get banned for doing the exact same thing as the blatant trolls/super defensive users from the SC2 forums. Anything further is more a function of TL's general function of Contributions = Leniency. Almost every person getting away with some stealth zing at SC2 has some background of contributions. Much the same way that If I went and copy-pasted some of Rekrul's posts, I'd probably catch a warning for it.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
October 19 2011 02:23 GMT
#42
On October 19 2011 06:53 Kibibit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2011 06:23 TheToast wrote:
On October 19 2011 05:05 Kibibit wrote:
On October 18 2011 23:05 TheToast wrote:
On October 18 2011 05:38 Plexa wrote:
I use a greasemonkey highlight script so I can single out posts by important people. Makes browsing sc2 x10 easier.


I seriously hope this is a joke, or it's kind of sad.

There seems to be this view that before the SC2 community started, TL was some wonderland paradise of perfect threads with mannered academic responses disccussing the scientific aspects of Brood War and the cosmos.

When, in fact, if you go back to the early 2000's in the Brood War forum; practically every other thread is one sentence (many without punctuation, really making it a "one phrase" thread) written in a stream of conciousness form.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. But it's worth noting that it took TL some time to form into a community of posters that produced good content and participated in discussions in meaningful ways. Why are there so many members who are unwilling to afford the SC2 half of the TL community the same time to develop in the same way?


Because contrary to some people's belief, TL is a continuum of BW and SC2, not some mutually exclusive split with the two. The SC2 forums of TL are still a forum on TL, and as such are held to the same standards as everyone else on the TL forums. (Let's not forget that if you honestly think that SC2 people are NOT getting a lot of leniency on the grounds that they are new, you're wrong.)


Alright, I admit you may have a good point here about TL being one community.

But I still think there is some duality. The thread about Bisu, Jaedong, Jangbi, and Fantasy headed to Blizzcon (which due to the fact that there are BW players headed to an SC2 event makes it a truely cross-community thread) is a perfect example. Take some of the things BW players are saying about SC2; if the same things were said by an SC2 player about BW, I feel like the ban hammer would be incoming, or at the very least a warning

I'm not arguing for more lenient or more strict rules, I just want to see the rules applied equally. I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but this is just the way I feel about it.

All that said, that was a retarded strawman argument. Nobody but in the light of hyperbole calls the BW Forums, past or present, perfect.


I said it seems like it. As in, from my perspective, it sometimes appears that this is the type of attitude certain individuals have. I didn't mean that individuals had literally called the BW forum perfection.


For one, there are people like Sawamura, who do indeed get banned for doing the exact same thing as the blatant trolls/super defensive users from the SC2 forums. Anything further is more a function of TL's general function of Contributions = Leniency. Almost every person getting away with some stealth zing at SC2 has some background of contributions. Much the same way that If I went and copy-pasted some of Rekrul's posts, I'd probably catch a warning for it.


Alright, I admit you may have a point there. Maybe.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
October 19 2011 02:27 GMT
#43
On October 19 2011 06:53 Kibibit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2011 06:23 TheToast wrote:
On October 19 2011 05:05 Kibibit wrote:
On October 18 2011 23:05 TheToast wrote:
On October 18 2011 05:38 Plexa wrote:
I use a greasemonkey highlight script so I can single out posts by important people. Makes browsing sc2 x10 easier.


I seriously hope this is a joke, or it's kind of sad.

There seems to be this view that before the SC2 community started, TL was some wonderland paradise of perfect threads with mannered academic responses disccussing the scientific aspects of Brood War and the cosmos.

When, in fact, if you go back to the early 2000's in the Brood War forum; practically every other thread is one sentence (many without punctuation, really making it a "one phrase" thread) written in a stream of conciousness form.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. But it's worth noting that it took TL some time to form into a community of posters that produced good content and participated in discussions in meaningful ways. Why are there so many members who are unwilling to afford the SC2 half of the TL community the same time to develop in the same way?


Because contrary to some people's belief, TL is a continuum of BW and SC2, not some mutually exclusive split with the two. The SC2 forums of TL are still a forum on TL, and as such are held to the same standards as everyone else on the TL forums. (Let's not forget that if you honestly think that SC2 people are NOT getting a lot of leniency on the grounds that they are new, you're wrong.)


Alright, I admit you may have a good point here about TL being one community.

But I still think there is some duality. The thread about Bisu, Jaedong, Jangbi, and Fantasy headed to Blizzcon (which due to the fact that there are BW players headed to an SC2 event makes it a truely cross-community thread) is a perfect example. Take some of the things BW players are saying about SC2; if the same things were said by an SC2 player about BW, I feel like the ban hammer would be incoming, or at the very least a warning

I'm not arguing for more lenient or more strict rules, I just want to see the rules applied equally. I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but this is just the way I feel about it.

All that said, that was a retarded strawman argument. Nobody but in the light of hyperbole calls the BW Forums, past or present, perfect.


I said it seems like it. As in, from my perspective, it sometimes appears that this is the type of attitude certain individuals have. I didn't mean that individuals had literally called the BW forum perfection.


For one, there are people like Sawamura, who do indeed get banned for doing the exact same thing as the blatant trolls/super defensive users from the SC2 forums. Anything further is more a function of TL's general function of Contributions = Leniency. Almost every person getting away with some stealth zing at SC2 has some background of contributions. Much the same way that If I went and copy-pasted some of Rekrul's posts, I'd probably catch a warning for it.

From his posts it seems like if I copy-pasted some of Rekrul's life I'd get murdered for it. He's kind of a special case
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
October 24 2011 16:24 GMT
#44
On October 14 2011 16:37 Manifesto7 wrote:
I will never ever ever let BW be buried in its own section at the bottom of the sidebar. BW deserves to be celebrated and spotlighted. It is the reason we are here at all. If people want to fuck around in those threads, fine, but I'll ban the shit out of them and BW will still be on the front page.

Half the battle are BW fans though, who give as much as they get, feed the trolls, and refuse to stay on topic. Their behaviour goes a long way in determining how those threads go.


Hey you know what.
I like you guy.
The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33106
Calm 5220
Bisu 2588
Jaedong 1100
Horang2 608
BeSt 471
Rush 423
Larva 406
Soma 391
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 254
Snow 182
ZerO 169
Zeus 160
Free 116
Mind 109
910 106
Barracks 79
Liquid`Ret 54
Sea.KH 50
Killer 42
Hyun 40
Shinee 35
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 31
Terrorterran 29
Bale 23
sorry 22
Aegong 21
Rock 19
Hm[arnc] 19
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8187
XaKoH 430
Counter-Strike
fl0m4437
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Other Games
singsing2315
hiko920
B2W.Neo595
Mlord379
DeMusliM210
mouzStarbuck205
Hui .179
Livibee164
FrodaN121
RotterdaM106
QueenE77
Trikslyr75
KnowMe61
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile1127
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3952
• Jankos2363
• TFBlade604
Other Games
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 18m
Big Brain Bouts
18h 18m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
Patches Events
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.