• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9417 users

League of Legends [New forum, check OP!] - Page 714

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 712 713 714 715 716 1431 Next
Soloside
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1238 Posts
August 24 2010 21:21 GMT
#14261
On August 25 2010 06:17 Mogwai wrote:
the 30 armor pen is no joke


opening stod and starks really makes you lack the physical strength imo. unless you plan on bursting the guy to death with stacked deck + that magical thingy.
LoL: Taylor Swift | King Kayle
STS17
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1817 Posts
August 24 2010 21:44 GMT
#14262
I like SotD on Fate if I'm not going for a pure AP build. It syncs with his E for extra burst / overall damage while giving you the ability to insanely burst someone when going for an AD build. Plus the AS from it isn't awful for the price either.
Platinum Level Terran - Take my advice from that perspective
LoCicero
Profile Joined August 2010
1100 Posts
August 24 2010 22:03 GMT
#14263
On August 25 2010 05:57 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2010 05:54 redtooth wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:52 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On August 25 2010 03:43 r33k wrote:
On August 25 2010 02:46 Mogwai wrote:
I don't really have a fancy defense for sheen on Sion, but the gist of it is that between your nukes and ult, you can get 2-3 procs of it in a typical "Sion is here and you are dead" fight. AP Sion is all about the 3-4 second burst and Sheen is a really cost effective way to jack that up + it builds into lichbane later which really lets you explode people. Essentially, the way AP sion plays only lets him get 2-3 auto-attacks in anyway, and Sheen is the best way to jack up the damage on those 2-3 attacks.

Now, that being said, I think AP Sion just isn't the way you should build him. At least not in the metagame. AP Sion is a monster insta-gibber, but you basically don't have any good ways to spec for real survivability through AP investments and if you're fighting a bunch of tanks, you need sustained damage output, not this petty burst crap. I'll let other good players say I'm a tard for this, but I think Sion should typically be Sheen -> mercs -> Survivability Item -> Zeal -> Survivability Item -> Triforce -> Tank Spam + maybe LW/Atma's. Doing this lets you have his strong early game (playing much the way straight AP Sion would play it) and then fluidly transition into a reasonably strong late game. This is assuming they have something in the way of squishies though. No squishies, go straight tanking + LW/Atma's, fuck the sheen opening and triforce late game. As far as abilities are concerned I've never seen the point in leveling his stun past 1 unless you're all in on AP, so I'd do stun -> enrage -> shield -> shield -> shield -> ult and then prioritize like this: ult > Shield > Enrage > Stun.

Sorta an aside: I still can't figure out why everyone likes to dump on Triforce. Yes, the item's all over the place, but if you want everything it's giving, it's very efficient at it. No one argues that Sheen, Phage or Zeal is terrible (well, I guess some argue about Sheen, but they're wrong, item's still fine), and then for 300 more you get:
2 AD
5 AP
5% Attack Speed
2% Crit Chance
4% Movespeed
50 Mana
75 Health
Phage Proc Slow increased from 30% to 35%
Sheen Proc Damage increased from 80% to 130%, also if the tooltips are correct, Triforces proc does not have the 3 second CD that Sheen's has.

zzzzz, w/e... on a character like Sion, I still think it's a really balanced 1-stop-shop for all your offensive needs, both burst and sustained. Then again I think Malady's fine on TF so don't mind me, herpdederp.

EDIT: and oh yea, I waltz on out of Galio's Explosion radius with Merc Treads like it's my job, lol.

I'm not a fan of triforce on anyone but poppy and blitz

Just gonna interject here and say that for Poppy, Lich Bane + Deathfire is better at getting kills than Triforce + anything else. And cheaper too. Add in a blue pot and it's an incredibly sick combo that will get kills all the way into late game. No more offense is needed... additional gold can get wards, GA (very nice synergy with her passive) and aura items.
i've seen knaan and rambo two-shot tanks with that combo haha. Nony my trade offer is still up . my account for lessons on being awesome? there may or may not be RIOT points incoming for WCG and alienware stuff.

uninstalled LoL sorry haha. i just have fun watching streams now (mostly hotshot) for a break from SC2.


You can't quit Nony, I want to have the pleasure of getting facerolled by you when you become imba at LoL just like SC2 =(.
mptj
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States485 Posts
August 24 2010 22:03 GMT
#14264
Idk who it was that posted his anivia skin on her, but congratz! it looks like it made it all the way ti RIOT :D
"Only the Good Die Young"
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
August 24 2010 22:05 GMT
#14265
On August 25 2010 07:03 LoCicero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2010 05:57 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:54 redtooth wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:52 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On August 25 2010 03:43 r33k wrote:
On August 25 2010 02:46 Mogwai wrote:
I don't really have a fancy defense for sheen on Sion, but the gist of it is that between your nukes and ult, you can get 2-3 procs of it in a typical "Sion is here and you are dead" fight. AP Sion is all about the 3-4 second burst and Sheen is a really cost effective way to jack that up + it builds into lichbane later which really lets you explode people. Essentially, the way AP sion plays only lets him get 2-3 auto-attacks in anyway, and Sheen is the best way to jack up the damage on those 2-3 attacks.

Now, that being said, I think AP Sion just isn't the way you should build him. At least not in the metagame. AP Sion is a monster insta-gibber, but you basically don't have any good ways to spec for real survivability through AP investments and if you're fighting a bunch of tanks, you need sustained damage output, not this petty burst crap. I'll let other good players say I'm a tard for this, but I think Sion should typically be Sheen -> mercs -> Survivability Item -> Zeal -> Survivability Item -> Triforce -> Tank Spam + maybe LW/Atma's. Doing this lets you have his strong early game (playing much the way straight AP Sion would play it) and then fluidly transition into a reasonably strong late game. This is assuming they have something in the way of squishies though. No squishies, go straight tanking + LW/Atma's, fuck the sheen opening and triforce late game. As far as abilities are concerned I've never seen the point in leveling his stun past 1 unless you're all in on AP, so I'd do stun -> enrage -> shield -> shield -> shield -> ult and then prioritize like this: ult > Shield > Enrage > Stun.

Sorta an aside: I still can't figure out why everyone likes to dump on Triforce. Yes, the item's all over the place, but if you want everything it's giving, it's very efficient at it. No one argues that Sheen, Phage or Zeal is terrible (well, I guess some argue about Sheen, but they're wrong, item's still fine), and then for 300 more you get:
2 AD
5 AP
5% Attack Speed
2% Crit Chance
4% Movespeed
50 Mana
75 Health
Phage Proc Slow increased from 30% to 35%
Sheen Proc Damage increased from 80% to 130%, also if the tooltips are correct, Triforces proc does not have the 3 second CD that Sheen's has.

zzzzz, w/e... on a character like Sion, I still think it's a really balanced 1-stop-shop for all your offensive needs, both burst and sustained. Then again I think Malady's fine on TF so don't mind me, herpdederp.

EDIT: and oh yea, I waltz on out of Galio's Explosion radius with Merc Treads like it's my job, lol.

I'm not a fan of triforce on anyone but poppy and blitz

Just gonna interject here and say that for Poppy, Lich Bane + Deathfire is better at getting kills than Triforce + anything else. And cheaper too. Add in a blue pot and it's an incredibly sick combo that will get kills all the way into late game. No more offense is needed... additional gold can get wards, GA (very nice synergy with her passive) and aura items.
i've seen knaan and rambo two-shot tanks with that combo haha. Nony my trade offer is still up . my account for lessons on being awesome? there may or may not be RIOT points incoming for WCG and alienware stuff.

uninstalled LoL sorry haha. i just have fun watching streams now (mostly hotshot) for a break from SC2.
You can't quit Nony, I want to have the pleasure of getting facerolled by you when you become imba at LoL just like SC2 =(.
how come you dont say anything when i quit? jerkface.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
August 24 2010 22:16 GMT
#14266
Just won a game in 19 minutes. I was ashe. Their ashe ragequit after I killed her 3 times in 5 mins. The rest ragequit when we pushed both top and mid in under 15 mins. ^^
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
LoCicero
Profile Joined August 2010
1100 Posts
August 24 2010 22:17 GMT
#14267
On August 25 2010 07:05 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2010 07:03 LoCicero wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:57 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:54 redtooth wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:52 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On August 25 2010 03:43 r33k wrote:
On August 25 2010 02:46 Mogwai wrote:
I don't really have a fancy defense for sheen on Sion, but the gist of it is that between your nukes and ult, you can get 2-3 procs of it in a typical "Sion is here and you are dead" fight. AP Sion is all about the 3-4 second burst and Sheen is a really cost effective way to jack that up + it builds into lichbane later which really lets you explode people. Essentially, the way AP sion plays only lets him get 2-3 auto-attacks in anyway, and Sheen is the best way to jack up the damage on those 2-3 attacks.

Now, that being said, I think AP Sion just isn't the way you should build him. At least not in the metagame. AP Sion is a monster insta-gibber, but you basically don't have any good ways to spec for real survivability through AP investments and if you're fighting a bunch of tanks, you need sustained damage output, not this petty burst crap. I'll let other good players say I'm a tard for this, but I think Sion should typically be Sheen -> mercs -> Survivability Item -> Zeal -> Survivability Item -> Triforce -> Tank Spam + maybe LW/Atma's. Doing this lets you have his strong early game (playing much the way straight AP Sion would play it) and then fluidly transition into a reasonably strong late game. This is assuming they have something in the way of squishies though. No squishies, go straight tanking + LW/Atma's, fuck the sheen opening and triforce late game. As far as abilities are concerned I've never seen the point in leveling his stun past 1 unless you're all in on AP, so I'd do stun -> enrage -> shield -> shield -> shield -> ult and then prioritize like this: ult > Shield > Enrage > Stun.

Sorta an aside: I still can't figure out why everyone likes to dump on Triforce. Yes, the item's all over the place, but if you want everything it's giving, it's very efficient at it. No one argues that Sheen, Phage or Zeal is terrible (well, I guess some argue about Sheen, but they're wrong, item's still fine), and then for 300 more you get:
2 AD
5 AP
5% Attack Speed
2% Crit Chance
4% Movespeed
50 Mana
75 Health
Phage Proc Slow increased from 30% to 35%
Sheen Proc Damage increased from 80% to 130%, also if the tooltips are correct, Triforces proc does not have the 3 second CD that Sheen's has.

zzzzz, w/e... on a character like Sion, I still think it's a really balanced 1-stop-shop for all your offensive needs, both burst and sustained. Then again I think Malady's fine on TF so don't mind me, herpdederp.

EDIT: and oh yea, I waltz on out of Galio's Explosion radius with Merc Treads like it's my job, lol.

I'm not a fan of triforce on anyone but poppy and blitz

Just gonna interject here and say that for Poppy, Lich Bane + Deathfire is better at getting kills than Triforce + anything else. And cheaper too. Add in a blue pot and it's an incredibly sick combo that will get kills all the way into late game. No more offense is needed... additional gold can get wards, GA (very nice synergy with her passive) and aura items.
i've seen knaan and rambo two-shot tanks with that combo haha. Nony my trade offer is still up . my account for lessons on being awesome? there may or may not be RIOT points incoming for WCG and alienware stuff.

uninstalled LoL sorry haha. i just have fun watching streams now (mostly hotshot) for a break from SC2.
You can't quit Nony, I want to have the pleasure of getting facerolled by you when you become imba at LoL just like SC2 =(.
how come you dont say anything when i quit? jerkface.


haha, I hadn't gotten to that post yet, I was working my way from back to front of the thread, keep your pants on. Oh yeah, and I guess you can't quit either, or whatever.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
August 24 2010 22:18 GMT
#14268
So I did the all the HoG before 13 minutes (I actually picked up one at 13:30, would have been before if I got a kill or assist), usually gives me 3 HoG, and room to buy wards, so I like it.
Soloside
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1238 Posts
August 24 2010 22:19 GMT
#14269
On August 25 2010 07:05 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2010 07:03 LoCicero wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:57 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:54 redtooth wrote:
On August 25 2010 05:52 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On August 25 2010 03:43 r33k wrote:
On August 25 2010 02:46 Mogwai wrote:
I don't really have a fancy defense for sheen on Sion, but the gist of it is that between your nukes and ult, you can get 2-3 procs of it in a typical "Sion is here and you are dead" fight. AP Sion is all about the 3-4 second burst and Sheen is a really cost effective way to jack that up + it builds into lichbane later which really lets you explode people. Essentially, the way AP sion plays only lets him get 2-3 auto-attacks in anyway, and Sheen is the best way to jack up the damage on those 2-3 attacks.

Now, that being said, I think AP Sion just isn't the way you should build him. At least not in the metagame. AP Sion is a monster insta-gibber, but you basically don't have any good ways to spec for real survivability through AP investments and if you're fighting a bunch of tanks, you need sustained damage output, not this petty burst crap. I'll let other good players say I'm a tard for this, but I think Sion should typically be Sheen -> mercs -> Survivability Item -> Zeal -> Survivability Item -> Triforce -> Tank Spam + maybe LW/Atma's. Doing this lets you have his strong early game (playing much the way straight AP Sion would play it) and then fluidly transition into a reasonably strong late game. This is assuming they have something in the way of squishies though. No squishies, go straight tanking + LW/Atma's, fuck the sheen opening and triforce late game. As far as abilities are concerned I've never seen the point in leveling his stun past 1 unless you're all in on AP, so I'd do stun -> enrage -> shield -> shield -> shield -> ult and then prioritize like this: ult > Shield > Enrage > Stun.

Sorta an aside: I still can't figure out why everyone likes to dump on Triforce. Yes, the item's all over the place, but if you want everything it's giving, it's very efficient at it. No one argues that Sheen, Phage or Zeal is terrible (well, I guess some argue about Sheen, but they're wrong, item's still fine), and then for 300 more you get:
2 AD
5 AP
5% Attack Speed
2% Crit Chance
4% Movespeed
50 Mana
75 Health
Phage Proc Slow increased from 30% to 35%
Sheen Proc Damage increased from 80% to 130%, also if the tooltips are correct, Triforces proc does not have the 3 second CD that Sheen's has.

zzzzz, w/e... on a character like Sion, I still think it's a really balanced 1-stop-shop for all your offensive needs, both burst and sustained. Then again I think Malady's fine on TF so don't mind me, herpdederp.

EDIT: and oh yea, I waltz on out of Galio's Explosion radius with Merc Treads like it's my job, lol.

I'm not a fan of triforce on anyone but poppy and blitz

Just gonna interject here and say that for Poppy, Lich Bane + Deathfire is better at getting kills than Triforce + anything else. And cheaper too. Add in a blue pot and it's an incredibly sick combo that will get kills all the way into late game. No more offense is needed... additional gold can get wards, GA (very nice synergy with her passive) and aura items.
i've seen knaan and rambo two-shot tanks with that combo haha. Nony my trade offer is still up . my account for lessons on being awesome? there may or may not be RIOT points incoming for WCG and alienware stuff.

uninstalled LoL sorry haha. i just have fun watching streams now (mostly hotshot) for a break from SC2.
You can't quit Nony, I want to have the pleasure of getting facerolled by you when you become imba at LoL just like SC2 =(.
how come you dont say anything when i quit? jerkface.




cuz you never had his back wra.
LoL: Taylor Swift | King Kayle
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 24 2010 22:33 GMT
#14270
I'm pretty sure tankwick is the best way to play warwick atm, Q + being alive to R when they run instead of having to initiate with it and hoping they don't kill you so you can attack is just better. Maybe it's just me. Once you're past the gank phase the survivability really trumps having a bloodrazor even if you do melt champs with it because of all the stun/disable tanks being run right now.

I don't even finish bloodrazors in most of my ranked warwick games nowadays. It doesn't affect me much.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
August 24 2010 22:39 GMT
#14271
You know, I don't mind having bad teammates, because I know I'm not very good myself. It does bother me when a bad teammate insults everyone else on the team and acts like he's so much better.
Zero fighting.
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
August 24 2010 22:45 GMT
#14272
thats a facepalm way to play warwick, you are just banking on them hitting you to be effective which is great against idiots but terrible in theory

bloodrazor's/merc treads/GA core build or bust!

and i see a lot of warwicks that are somehow super squishy even when they get the same items as me dunno...i never feel squishy. gotta play warwick like mundo, running in and out of the fihht sustaining yourself with Q
Brees on in
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 24 2010 22:51 GMT
#14273
On August 25 2010 07:45 Brees wrote:
thats a facepalm way to play warwick, you are just banking on them hitting you to be effective which is great against idiots but terrible in theory

bloodrazor's/merc treads/GA core build or bust!

and i see a lot of warwicks that are somehow super squishy even when they get the same items as me dunno...i never feel squishy. gotta play warwick like mundo, running in and out of the fihht sustaining yourself with Q

I dunno I feel like me being alive towards the end of a fight is a bigger deal than doing 4% per hit, and there is a LOT of CC nowadays so usually I go razors -> merc -> banshees -> GA/FoN then finish bloodrazors if the game goes that late. If I'm able to remove their carry from the fight by sticking on them, sustain damage on the tanks with Q, ult-stun to set up chain kills or catch runners... I just think it's really versatile. I feel like me being alive to make clutch decisions trumps me doing a bunch of damage and being dead when I could set up a kill.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Nailpolish
Profile Joined June 2010
United States56 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 22:59:50
August 24 2010 22:54 GMT
#14274
On August 25 2010 07:45 Brees wrote:
thats a facepalm way to play warwick, you are just banking on them hitting you to be effective which is great against idiots but terrible in theory

bloodrazor's/merc treads/GA core build or bust!

and i see a lot of warwicks that are somehow super squishy even when they get the same items as me dunno...i never feel squishy. gotta play warwick like mundo, running in and out of the fihht sustaining yourself with Q


why finish the bloodrazor if you're just running in and out of the fight with q??? that 3k~ extra gold does not justify the extra dmg you do with your ult assuming your ult doesnt get interrupted anyway, your ult is there to hold them and your team can kill the target. i believe 1000g razor/merc/GA then go more tank or finish razor is the best way to go on WW.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 23:01:26
August 24 2010 23:00 GMT
#14275
OK I'm going for the scrubbiest Kennen pub build known to man

9/0/21
MPen / energy regen plvl / cdr plvl / flat energy regen
flash ghost

Dorans Shield + pot
some boots
Nashors Tooth
whatever sounds awesome

With just Tooth, masteries + runes, I have max CDR and the regen equiv. of a blue buff, at all times.

it's my first day
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 23:02:50
August 24 2010 23:02 GMT
#14276
9/21/0 or 0/21/9 for kennen, imo. You seriously don't need CDR that bad, lol.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 23:11:44
August 24 2010 23:04 GMT
#14277
it wouldn't be scrubby enough without MAX CDR

also putting points in defensive mastery depresses me when I know neither SOS or Nimbleness will help my ninja bro
it's my first day
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 24 2010 23:26 GMT
#14278
On August 25 2010 08:00 myopia wrote:
OK I'm going for the scrubbiest Kennen pub build known to man

9/0/21
MPen / energy regen plvl / cdr plvl / flat energy regen
flash ghost

Dorans Shield + pot
some boots
Nashors Tooth
whatever sounds awesome

With just Tooth, masteries + runes, I have max CDR and the regen equiv. of a blue buff, at all times.


I've been experimenting with Kennen and found a build I really like. I build him as an off tank, you run in after your tank does and Lightning Rush to their carries and Ulti. You can chain stun them for the whole fight.

My build is something like this.
Boots 1
Rylais
Merc/Tabi (almost always merc)
Sunfire Cape
Abbysal Specter
GA

The tank items are dependent on their team, obviously.
The problem with this build is you're pretty weak until you get your sunfire so try to get a solo lane.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
barbsq
Profile Joined November 2009
United States5348 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-24 23:45:36
August 24 2010 23:30 GMT
#14279
soo

first thoughts on urgot:
masteries and runes are fairly negligable, ive been going both mpen and apen, recommend apen over mpen tho, i feel apen at the beginning (kinda scales off later tho) which helps zoning a good bit. also tried 9/0/21 and 0/9/21, 2nd one feels a bit better, since the 1st doesnt really change anything in laning phase in my experience, while the 2nd gives great staying power due to SoS

edit: i should note that mp5s of some kind are really great, he has a bit of mana issues otherwise. If you dont have them, nab a dorans ring and you should probably be fine. I start ring and have boatloads of mana.

Been going q->e->w->max q (r @ 6) then max w, and e last, basically use e just for aiming q on champs, otherwise ive found leveling it up to be kinda lackluster (doesnt increase duration), esp since his shield is soo great (towers do practically nothing plus adds a slow to your shit, its amazing). Note that this skill build is for an AD centric build, not AP. I'd have to test how important it is to max q to maybe neglect maxing it in favor of getting w/e faster for AP build, since both scale.

Items: Frozen mallet has been great (stacks with w for mega slow), brutalizer has seemed a bit underwhelming, guinsoo's is a no-go (unless mybe on ap build, but on ad and hybrid its been pretty bad), randuins is pretty great, frozen heart also a good choice, the cooldowns and mana work quite well with him. Been doing merc treads for boots, tho zerks might be feasable. Gotta make sure to be a bit tanky tho, since ur gonna be in the middle of alot of shit due to ur ult, so as long as u bulk up a bit, w should make you largely invulnerable in the midst of chaos

At some point im gonna try an AP build, but this is what ive got so far. Hope it helps some1

also, any and all criticism is welcome, i am both low-midish elo and (ofc) new to this hero, so constructive critique is welcome

edit: once you've grabbed some tank items so you can stay alive when shit gets real, bf items seem to really help dmg output with your q, cleaver and thirster seem better since you're gonna have inventory space issues with the tanky items you've already got.
Look at this guy, constantly diluting himself! (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
August 24 2010 23:52 GMT
#14280
nothin better than free skins
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
Prev 1 712 713 714 715 716 1431 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem315
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 315
IndyStarCraft 144
Railgan 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55435
Shuttle 3485
Horang2 492
BeSt 456
Larva 325
ggaemo 233
Soma 174
Mind 134
Sexy 107
Dewaltoss 89
[ Show more ]
Last 89
Zeus 78
hero 73
Killer 53
Hyun 52
Sea.KH 50
Aegong 36
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 28
PianO 21
NaDa 19
Rock 17
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5432
qojqva2774
Dendi1570
420jenkins451
Fuzer 162
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1391
Liquid`Hasu1175
MindelVK21
Other Games
singsing1754
FrodaN1187
B2W.Neo937
Beastyqt865
byalli613
Mlord502
Hui .177
ArmadaUGS171
KnowMe143
QueenE87
Mew2King54
Chillindude27
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick983
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 65
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4399
League of Legends
• Nemesis3175
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
• Shiphtur180
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 55m
Replay Cast
6h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 55m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.