• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:58
CEST 01:58
KST 08:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9013 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Aiurr
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland80 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 16:05:08
August 29 2011 16:04 GMT
#281
What do you do against protoss mass blink stalkers off of 1 base as a terran? I was prepared for a 4-gate and started building expansion but that guy just blinked into my base and moved away from bunkers killing tanks first and then marauders and marines.

I don't think I've done anything wrong. If I knew he wants to do that, I'd probably have more marauders, but I thought bunkers are enough.

any suggestions?
Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!
Terran _Leach
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3 Posts
August 29 2011 18:35 GMT
#282
On August 30 2011 01:04 Aiurr wrote:
What do you do against protoss mass blink stalkers off of 1 base as a terran? I was prepared for a 4-gate and started building expansion but that guy just blinked into my base and moved away from bunkers killing tanks first and then marauders and marines.

I don't think I've done anything wrong. If I knew he wants to do that, I'd probably have more marauders, but I thought bunkers are enough.

any suggestions?

A reply would be helpful.
"If your life is insignificant, make it significant." - Me
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
August 29 2011 20:28 GMT
#283
On August 29 2011 22:58 BushidoSnipr wrote:
Can anyone suggest good ZvZ builds for me? I always have problems early game when they can pump speedlings and I can't.


A safe ZvZ openner is a 14/14 (gas/pool) build where you immediately saturate the gas and remove your drones from gas at 92, 96 and 100 and immediately get speed and lings. If you suspect cheese changing to a 13/13 build will ensure you're safe, but a 14/14 build is generally fine against early pools as well, though you may need to use drones a little in the first engagement. Either allows you to transition in to either a variety of Speedling FE or any combination of pure ling, roach ling, or bling/ling builds safely.

Liquipedia has some more specific builds:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Zerg_Strategy#General_Builds
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 29 2011 20:32 GMT
#284
On August 30 2011 01:04 Aiurr wrote:
What do you do against protoss mass blink stalkers off of 1 base as a terran? I was prepared for a 4-gate and started building expansion but that guy just blinked into my base and moved away from bunkers killing tanks first and then marauders and marines.

I don't think I've done anything wrong. If I knew he wants to do that, I'd probably have more marauders, but I thought bunkers are enough.

any suggestions?


I'd probably have to see a replay to know what exactly happened, but if you're suspecting a 1 base blink allin, you want more bunkers. Did he use an observer or maybe a warp prism to spot up a cliff to blink, or did he just run up your ramp and go for it?

If you see your opponent 1 basing, as a general rule, build more barracks and feel OK cutting a couple scvs to get a couple bunkers up if money is tight. A missile turret will also be useful against voidrays/observers/DTs/non-range colossus rush, and will shut down attempts to blink up your ramp using the high-ground sight.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Sejanus
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Lithuania550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 03:08:46
August 30 2011 03:02 GMT
#285
I just noticed that an article on IdrA in Lithuanian wikipedia has made it to the front page for this week (the article of the week)
http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/

English speakers, don't fall behind ;P Wikipedia is a good place to promote e-sports, provided that you can write good articles meeting wiki criteria.
Friends don't let friends massacre civilians
BossPlaya
Profile Joined September 2010
United States141 Posts
August 30 2011 06:24 GMT
#286
Did anyone else's bonus pool go up by ~190 tonight? Had 31, logged off for about a half hour and when I logged in again I had 221. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything...?
Paid tha cost to be The Boss.
Xarayezona
Profile Joined August 2011
United States72 Posts
August 30 2011 08:52 GMT
#287
Yeah, I got +100 once, then +180 another time. It seems to be some sort of textual glitch and you don't actually have that bonus pool, proven when I had 184 pool, won a game and lowered it to 180.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 30 2011 09:49 GMT
#288
That gave me such false hopes. Immediately started SC2 and spamclicked multiplayer. 3 bonus pool.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
BossPlaya
Profile Joined September 2010
United States141 Posts
August 30 2011 18:19 GMT
#289
On August 30 2011 17:52 Xarayezona wrote:
Yeah, I got +100 once, then +180 another time. It seems to be some sort of textual glitch and you don't actually have that bonus pool, proven when I had 184 pool, won a game and lowered it to 180.

I won a game and it went down proportionally, but I just logged in this afternoon and it's back to normal Next time I'll keep quiet
Paid tha cost to be The Boss.
JimmyR
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom1 Post
August 30 2011 19:27 GMT
#290
Quick question regarding GSL, Due to the final placings and MLG/GSL exchange program can anyone confirm the 4 (DRG got CodeS) non koreans that will be given Code A status, from looking to me it seems:

8. SjoW
10. KiWiKaKi
12. NaNiwa
14. DeMusliM

Or am I totally wrong?
Aiurr
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland80 Posts
August 30 2011 21:18 GMT
#291
On August 30 2011 05:32 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2011 01:04 Aiurr wrote:
What do you do against protoss mass blink stalkers off of 1 base as a terran? I was prepared for a 4-gate and started building expansion but that guy just blinked into my base and moved away from bunkers killing tanks first and then marauders and marines.

I don't think I've done anything wrong. If I knew he wants to do that, I'd probably have more marauders, but I thought bunkers are enough.

any suggestions?


I'd probably have to see a replay to know what exactly happened, but if you're suspecting a 1 base blink allin, you want more bunkers. Did he use an observer or maybe a warp prism to spot up a cliff to blink, or did he just run up your ramp and go for it?

If you see your opponent 1 basing, as a general rule, build more barracks and feel OK cutting a couple scvs to get a couple bunkers up if money is tight. A missile turret will also be useful against voidrays/observers/DTs/non-range colossus rush, and will shut down attempts to blink up your ramp using the high-ground sight.


he just ran 1 zealot up my ramp to scout and immediately blinked up with stalkers ;]
Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
August 30 2011 23:02 GMT
#292
Tried searching with no luck, can someone tell me why sometimes when I quit I can use the normal F10+N but a few times here and there it's F10+Q?
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
August 30 2011 23:32 GMT
#293
On August 31 2011 06:18 Aiurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2011 05:32 Blazinghand wrote:
On August 30 2011 01:04 Aiurr wrote:
What do you do against protoss mass blink stalkers off of 1 base as a terran? I was prepared for a 4-gate and started building expansion but that guy just blinked into my base and moved away from bunkers killing tanks first and then marauders and marines.

I don't think I've done anything wrong. If I knew he wants to do that, I'd probably have more marauders, but I thought bunkers are enough.

any suggestions?


I'd probably have to see a replay to know what exactly happened, but if you're suspecting a 1 base blink allin, you want more bunkers. Did he use an observer or maybe a warp prism to spot up a cliff to blink, or did he just run up your ramp and go for it?

If you see your opponent 1 basing, as a general rule, build more barracks and feel OK cutting a couple scvs to get a couple bunkers up if money is tight. A missile turret will also be useful against voidrays/observers/DTs/non-range colossus rush, and will shut down attempts to blink up your ramp using the high-ground sight.


he just ran 1 zealot up my ramp to scout and immediately blinked up with stalkers ;]


If you suspect a blink strategy like this then doing a "hold position" choke-line at the bottom of your ramp with SCVs/marines/marauders would stop letting the zealot (or any other unit beside a patrol probe - but the probe should die due to low hp) get up the ramp to gain vision of higher ground.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 31 2011 00:56 GMT
#294
On August 31 2011 08:02 Charger wrote:
Tried searching with no luck, can someone tell me why sometimes when I quit I can use the normal F10+N but a few times here and there it's F10+Q?


The new maps have a different hotkey to leave the game for some reason.
Xarayezona
Profile Joined August 2011
United States72 Posts
August 31 2011 09:37 GMT
#295
On August 31 2011 09:56 SDream wrote:
The new maps have a different hotkey to leave the game for some reason.


Blizz is trying to bring back some of the old Alt-QQ action.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have quite worked out the Alt part yet.
MooLen
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany501 Posts
August 31 2011 15:31 GMT
#296
Heyea. A question. I have a 2000mb download connection 200 up and a ping of 30-40 and i want to buy an korean account. Will i have terrible lag? And will i have lagg on american server?
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
August 31 2011 18:40 GMT
#297
What do you think the helion upgrade reduction will do to mech play vs toss? Will a solely mech army (helions to counter zealots) survive the chargelots like they used to?

I know it really depends on composition, and how many helions, but I wonder if this new patch goes into effect how the ESCGoody's of the world will deal with this. Myself included.

Thanks
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
Deadpoetic0077
Profile Joined September 2010
United States63 Posts
August 31 2011 18:56 GMT
#298
Is anyone else playin a piss ton of zergs on ladder? idk why but recently 75% of my games have been vs zerg.
Failure is only an opportunity to learn
Dhurn
Profile Joined November 2010
United States53 Posts
August 31 2011 20:59 GMT
#299
On September 01 2011 03:56 Deadpoetic0077 wrote:
Is anyone else playin a piss ton of zergs on ladder? idk why but recently 75% of my games have been vs zerg.


I'm one of them but yes ZvZ has been a common one for me recently. I'd estimate probably 8-9 of my last 15 games have been ZvZ
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
September 01 2011 01:51 GMT
#300
On August 26 2011 06:41 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 11:50 Soluhwin wrote:
While we're at it, can someone give me a rundown on what ELO stands for? Searches on TL, Liquipedia, Wikipedia, and Google yielded nothing useful.


Really? The Elo system devised by Arpad Elo? It doesn't stand for anything, instead it's named after the creator. I just searched "elo" and the Wikipedia entry was the third result. Look it up. It's formally known as the "Elo rating system" and is the premier system used by chess leagues.

Well don't I feel dumb...
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings72
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O142
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 119
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 855
ZZZero.O 142
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
Doublelift5743
JimRising 802
Other Games
summit1g9718
FrodaN3735
C9.Mang0219
KnowMe193
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 2m
Replay Cast
23h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.