• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:35
CEST 03:35
KST 10:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8884 users

TL Learn Korean Thread - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 20 Next All
Mairou
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland144 Posts
February 17 2012 15:07 GMT
#241
Thanks, i learned to read to Hangul in about week, its very easy once you get. I dont understand the meaning of the words but atleast now i can read Korean names or player ID's.
eSports! www.youtube.com/MairouTV
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
February 20 2012 07:35 GMT
#242
TY
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
February 20 2012 08:12 GMT
#243
Hmm, would anyone be interested if I were to do a blog series on very basic Korean grammar and sentence structure? I guess it would basically be a follow-on from mizu's hangeul guide in that you would use your new found hangeul skills to begin to express yourself.

I'm not fluent, but I know the basic stuff ez, and as uni is starting up again, it couldn't hurt for me to revise as well :D
mtvacuum
Profile Joined January 2010
United States979 Posts
February 20 2012 08:31 GMT
#244
I think that would be awesome. Go for it!
Sansai
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria188 Posts
February 20 2012 21:32 GMT
#245
On February 20 2012 17:12 Suc wrote:
Hmm, would anyone be interested if I were to do a blog series on very basic Korean grammar and sentence structure? I guess it would basically be a follow-on from mizu's hangeul guide in that you would use your new found hangeul skills to begin to express yourself.

I'm not fluent, but I know the basic stuff ez, and as uni is starting up again, it couldn't hurt for me to revise as well :D

that already exists in ttmik i guess, but go for it, it will also profit yourself
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-24 21:15:43
February 24 2012 21:15 GMT
#246
On February 21 2012 06:32 Sansai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 17:12 Suc wrote:
Hmm, would anyone be interested if I were to do a blog series on very basic Korean grammar and sentence structure? I guess it would basically be a follow-on from mizu's hangeul guide in that you would use your new found hangeul skills to begin to express yourself.

I'm not fluent, but I know the basic stuff ez, and as uni is starting up again, it couldn't hurt for me to revise as well :D

that already exists in ttmik i guess, but go for it, it will also profit yourself


It exists numerous places, but yea, the most effective way of learning something is by teaching others
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
Dustus
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom86 Posts
February 27 2012 15:58 GMT
#247
Hi, I've been half heartedly learning Korean for a few months, but since this thread directed me to TTMIK its gotten a lot better. Time is my main issue but being able to download the mps and pdf files to my phone for viewing on commute to work has made things much easier.

My main question is can anyone recommend a good keyboard to get that has both English letters and hangul on it? I'll also use it for gaming as a side point. although top of the range quality isn't necisery as my current one was never top of the range. anything below 70pounds - aprox 100 dollars including rough shipping costs.

Thanks if anyone has any advice
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
February 27 2012 16:06 GMT
#248
Qsenn/Samsung DT-35 ;D

You can get them on ebay for arond 25-30 USD (wth free shipping).
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 16:37:31
February 27 2012 16:37 GMT
#249
On February 28 2012 00:58 Dustus wrote:
Hi, I've been half heartedly learning Korean for a few months, but since this thread directed me to TTMIK its gotten a lot better. Time is my main issue but being able to download the mps and pdf files to my phone for viewing on commute to work has made things much easier.

My main question is can anyone recommend a good keyboard to get that has both English letters and hangul on it? I'll also use it for gaming as a side point. although top of the range quality isn't necisery as my current one was never top of the range. anything below 70pounds - aprox 100 dollars including rough shipping costs.

Thanks if anyone has any advice

I painted letters on my keyboard, and when they got erased I already knew it by muscle memory...
It's cheaper that way, lol
KillerDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States498 Posts
February 27 2012 20:38 GMT
#250
I just printed the keyboard layout and kept the paper nearby when I was learning. Either way you want to eliminate hunting ASAP anyways.

Anyone else using lang-8? You can laugh at my beginner attempts here
http://lang-8.com/349579
MarineKingPrime Forever!
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
February 27 2012 23:18 GMT
#251
On February 28 2012 00:58 Dustus wrote:
Hi, I've been half heartedly learning Korean for a few months, but since this thread directed me to TTMIK its gotten a lot better. Time is my main issue but being able to download the mps and pdf files to my phone for viewing on commute to work has made things much easier.

My main question is can anyone recommend a good keyboard to get that has both English letters and hangul on it? I'll also use it for gaming as a side point. although top of the range quality isn't necisery as my current one was never top of the range. anything below 70pounds - aprox 100 dollars including rough shipping costs.

Thanks if anyone has any advice

I did the same thing as someone just above me mentioned, I just googled a picture of the korean layout and had it up on my screen when I used it, from time to time, eventually memorising it.

I also ordered some transparent hangeul stickers to put on my keys, and they are really good, I personally recommend them over buying another keyboard: http://latkey.com/keyboard_stickers.asp?SubCat=47
Hemula
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Russian Federation1849 Posts
February 28 2012 08:46 GMT
#252
On February 28 2012 05:38 KillerDucky wrote:
I just printed the keyboard layout and kept the paper nearby when I was learning. Either way you want to eliminate hunting ASAP anyways.

Anyone else using lang-8? You can laugh at my beginner attempts here
http://lang-8.com/349579

Wow, didn't know about this site, looks cool, I might try it, thank you.
Knighthawkbro
Profile Joined August 2011
United States183 Posts
February 28 2012 18:16 GMT
#253
On February 28 2012 08:18 Suc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2012 00:58 Dustus wrote:
Hi, I've been half heartedly learning Korean for a few months, but since this thread directed me to TTMIK its gotten a lot better. Time is my main issue but being able to download the mps and pdf files to my phone for viewing on commute to work has made things much easier.

My main question is can anyone recommend a good keyboard to get that has both English letters and hangul on it? I'll also use it for gaming as a side point. although top of the range quality isn't necisery as my current one was never top of the range. anything below 70pounds - aprox 100 dollars including rough shipping costs.

Thanks if anyone has any advice

I did the same thing as someone just above me mentioned, I just googled a picture of the korean layout and had it up on my screen when I used it, from time to time, eventually memorising it.

I also ordered some transparent hangeul stickers to put on my keys, and they are really good, I personally recommend them over buying another keyboard: http://latkey.com/keyboard_stickers.asp?SubCat=47


TYVM, I was thinking of the same thing that Dustus wrote and now I can turn my keyboard into the keyboard I wanted.
"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately." -George Carlin
stablol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States82 Posts
February 28 2012 23:53 GMT
#254
the best way to learn is just to practice typing the words u know over and over. it goes pretty fast. imo trying to memorize them by some other way than muscle is futile. could be just a personal thing though.
보아 사랑해요 짱
greenmarine
Profile Joined January 2012
19 Posts
March 01 2012 16:10 GMT
#255
I learned the Korean keyboard layout pretty fast just typing everything I learn into Google translate. They have a nice virtual keyboard there.
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 17:19:52
March 01 2012 17:19 GMT
#256
In player interviews, Korean pros will often start with something sounding like "etan" (aetun?) or similar. I always wondered what it meant. Is it sort of like beginning a sentence with "Well, ..." in English? How is it spelled? Anyone know?

The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
Talionis
Profile Joined November 2010
Scotland4085 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 20:54:18
March 01 2012 17:59 GMT
#257
On March 02 2012 02:19 Proseat wrote:
In player interviews, Korean pros will often start with something sounding like "etan" (aetun?) or similar. I always wondered what it meant. Is it sort of like beginning a sentence with "Well, ..." in English? How is it spelled? Anyone know?


That would probably be 일단 (eeldan). It means first, at the start of the sentence it would be more like "Well, first (of all)...".
Kaladin
Profile Joined January 2011
United States88 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 07:54:20
March 07 2012 07:39 GMT
#258
Hi again guys. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this book. The Talk to Me in Korean people just put it up on their store website, and I'm wondering if it's worth the twenty dollars.

http://mykoreanstore.myshopify.com/collections/books/products/sogang-korean-1a-student-book

갑사합니다 !! ^_^
Me all in. Him drone drone drone. Me win. -MC
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 28 2012 23:58 GMT
#259
The sogang book is the standard.

I am currently updating people. I'll add them on skype, add them to the group. Hopefully do something THIS WEEKEND, around 2pm est on saturday.
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
April 05 2012 14:11 GMT
#260
Anyone knows if that Sogang book is available as e-book/PDF?

Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 53
NaDa 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm247
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9362
JimRising 684
ViBE146
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King94
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1265
BasetradeTV163
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 26m
INu's Battles
10h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
Replay Cast
21h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.