• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:22
CEST 22:22
KST 05:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8265 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 273

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 271 272 273 274 275 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Axero
Profile Joined September 2011
United States307 Posts
March 22 2012 15:25 GMT
#5441
On March 22 2012 18:16 Zaros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 09:48 Klondikebar wrote:
LoL is Starcraft without the macro...or the micro. That probably explains why it's not nearly as interesting to watch as SC2.


It has some micro just of one single unit all the time, like a hero mission in a campaign.


DotA >>> much more interesting game.
☺
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
March 22 2012 16:32 GMT
#5442
On March 23 2012 00:25 Axero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 18:16 Zaros wrote:
On March 22 2012 09:48 Klondikebar wrote:
LoL is Starcraft without the macro...or the micro. That probably explains why it's not nearly as interesting to watch as SC2.


It has some micro just of one single unit all the time, like a hero mission in a campaign.


DotA >>> much more interesting game.


DotA 2 looks awful from every stream I've watched...I'd rather play LoL but maybe they just play on shit settings...
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
adrenaLinG
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 17:54:16
March 22 2012 17:51 GMT
#5443
On March 23 2012 00:25 Axero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 18:16 Zaros wrote:
On March 22 2012 09:48 Klondikebar wrote:
LoL is Starcraft without the macro...or the micro. That probably explains why it's not nearly as interesting to watch as SC2.


It has some micro just of one single unit all the time, like a hero mission in a campaign.


DotA >>> much more interesting game.

I've played all three and I think LoL has quite a bit of complexity to it. It has far more variables/complexity than DotA to deal with, the meta game is always really unstable in LoL, especially since they release new heroes all the time.

DotA is a lot more mechanics-driven (like SC2) and also more dependent on each individual with feeders still giving substantial gold and many heroes being able to snowball insanely fast and able to solo an entire enemy team without difficulty if fed. In LoL I think teamwork has a much bigger effect on whether you win or lose a fight. Dragon and Baron affect the game way more than Roshan does in DotA.

LoL is getting really popular in Korea, they even paid NaDa to do a shill for the game:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
March 22 2012 22:00 GMT
#5444
On March 23 2012 02:51 adrenaLinG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 00:25 Axero wrote:
On March 22 2012 18:16 Zaros wrote:
On March 22 2012 09:48 Klondikebar wrote:
LoL is Starcraft without the macro...or the micro. That probably explains why it's not nearly as interesting to watch as SC2.


It has some micro just of one single unit all the time, like a hero mission in a campaign.


DotA >>> much more interesting game.

I've played all three and I think LoL has quite a bit of complexity to it. It has far more variables/complexity than DotA to deal with, the meta game is always really unstable in LoL, especially since they release new heroes all the time.

DotA is a lot more mechanics-driven (like SC2) and also more dependent on each individual with feeders still giving substantial gold and many heroes being able to snowball insanely fast and able to solo an entire enemy team without difficulty if fed. In LoL I think teamwork has a much bigger effect on whether you win or lose a fight. Dragon and Baron affect the game way more than Roshan does in DotA.

LoL is getting really popular in Korea, they even paid NaDa to do a shill for the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAOxvJ0580


Based on your description I'd say the opposite. DotA punishes bad play and allows good players to increase their advantages. You aren't going to be carried by your team either, the onus is on you to be good at the game.
#2throwed
kentriarch
Profile Joined January 2012
Singapore61 Posts
March 23 2012 02:50 GMT
#5445
Question: Do we have any Swedes here or is anyone interested in attending DreamHack Summer this year?

I am likely to be in Europe in June, so I am considering spending a couple of days in Sweden for DreamHack.
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Zer atai
Profile Joined September 2011
United States691 Posts
March 23 2012 03:42 GMT
#5446
I think Dota 2, once it gets up and running, will siphon fans from lol
Want to sport eSports? Disable adblock. P.S. En Taro Adun!!
adrenaLinG
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada676 Posts
March 23 2012 07:24 GMT
#5447
On March 23 2012 07:00 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 02:51 adrenaLinG wrote:
On March 23 2012 00:25 Axero wrote:
On March 22 2012 18:16 Zaros wrote:
On March 22 2012 09:48 Klondikebar wrote:
LoL is Starcraft without the macro...or the micro. That probably explains why it's not nearly as interesting to watch as SC2.


It has some micro just of one single unit all the time, like a hero mission in a campaign.


DotA >>> much more interesting game.

I've played all three and I think LoL has quite a bit of complexity to it. It has far more variables/complexity than DotA to deal with, the meta game is always really unstable in LoL, especially since they release new heroes all the time.

DotA is a lot more mechanics-driven (like SC2) and also more dependent on each individual with feeders still giving substantial gold and many heroes being able to snowball insanely fast and able to solo an entire enemy team without difficulty if fed. In LoL I think teamwork has a much bigger effect on whether you win or lose a fight. Dragon and Baron affect the game way more than Roshan does in DotA.

LoL is getting really popular in Korea, they even paid NaDa to do a shill for the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAOxvJ0580


Based on your description I'd say the opposite. DotA punishes bad play and allows good players to increase their advantages. You aren't going to be carried by your team either, the onus is on you to be good at the game.


that's not the opposite. DotA punishes a feeder much harsher than LoL punishes a feeder, and it also rewards mechanics/kills similarly. Deaths also don't make you lose gold in LoL. That's why in DotA victories the top ratios have a tendency to be concentrated among one or two players, whereas in LoL the scores are bit more even -- there is less deviation around the average KDR
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Axero
Profile Joined September 2011
United States307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 14:25:49
March 23 2012 14:25 GMT
#5448
On March 23 2012 16:24 adrenaLinG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 07:00 Klondikebar wrote:
On March 23 2012 02:51 adrenaLinG wrote:
On March 23 2012 00:25 Axero wrote:
On March 22 2012 18:16 Zaros wrote:
On March 22 2012 09:48 Klondikebar wrote:
LoL is Starcraft without the macro...or the micro. That probably explains why it's not nearly as interesting to watch as SC2.


It has some micro just of one single unit all the time, like a hero mission in a campaign.


DotA >>> much more interesting game.

I've played all three and I think LoL has quite a bit of complexity to it. It has far more variables/complexity than DotA to deal with, the meta game is always really unstable in LoL, especially since they release new heroes all the time.

DotA is a lot more mechanics-driven (like SC2) and also more dependent on each individual with feeders still giving substantial gold and many heroes being able to snowball insanely fast and able to solo an entire enemy team without difficulty if fed. In LoL I think teamwork has a much bigger effect on whether you win or lose a fight. Dragon and Baron affect the game way more than Roshan does in DotA.

LoL is getting really popular in Korea, they even paid NaDa to do a shill for the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAOxvJ0580


Based on your description I'd say the opposite. DotA punishes bad play and allows good players to increase their advantages. You aren't going to be carried by your team either, the onus is on you to be good at the game.


that's not the opposite. DotA punishes a feeder much harsher than LoL punishes a feeder, and it also rewards mechanics/kills similarly. Deaths also don't make you lose gold in LoL. That's why in DotA victories the top ratios have a tendency to be concentrated among one or two players, whereas in LoL the scores are bit more even -- there is less deviation around the average KDR


First I'm going to say this: DotA makes you work for everything. Items are much harder to get. (Gold loss on dying, no g/5 items, tower denying, creep denying, no dragon gold)

They both punish feeders relatively equally...

Item builds in LoL are much quicker and easier to finish. Since there is no denying in LoL you can't really keep lanes even after killing a tower, so no matter what someone can always go farm that wave once it gets pushed. Also, like you said, you don't lose gold from dying and you can't deny towers.

I will say, DotA is a bit more harsh as far as the laning phase goes, but I think people get a bit carried away with the whole "godly fed carry soloing a team". 90% of the time it's one person in a pub game that it happens. It happens in LoL plenty.

Not that I want to start a DotA vs LoL debate in here.

I'm going to link this here for the people who just got a key, or are looking to get started when DotA 2 is released.

TL DotA Learning Group

^Has links that break down hero roles, items, skill builds, etc etc. A very good resource for people starting out.
☺
Josketh
Profile Joined October 2011
United States155 Posts
March 24 2012 05:07 GMT
#5449
I've been using LoL as a warm up and cool down for my hands pre and post SC2 ladder.
Craft naked.
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
March 24 2012 15:25 GMT
#5450
On March 24 2012 14:07 Josketh wrote:
I've been using LoL as a warm up and cool down for my hands pre and post SC2 ladder.


I just play it when I'm sick and super tired and Call of Duty isn't doin' it for me...though last night when Riot failed 3 times to change my mastery tree (junglin' with my Alistar support mastery tree when I made sure to select my Warwick jungle mastery is damn near impossible and frustratin'!) I had to play Call of Duty...its funish...I guess, I've been playin' it quite a bit, its really easy to solo carry a team in PvP as Ashe/Sivir/Warwick for me, but my playstyle is perfect for them (got to unlock Caitlyn now...my friend has her and she is so broken OP...)

Anywho...whose watchin' MLG? I missed most of it yesterday, my friends all wanted me to carry in League so I said fine and played (mostly cause one of my friend's whose never online came on to play! ^.^) For those who were able to attend (QQ people quittin' at work, I still a mad bro for that!), how is the event this year?
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Petra37
Profile Joined April 2011
United States20 Posts
March 24 2012 17:52 GMT
#5451
I hope that a half gay female will be allowed into this, cuz I <3 this thread. Is there any form of GLBT FB group or SC2 chat channel that anyone knows of?
Special Tactics! <3
drshdwpuppet
Profile Joined July 2011
United States332 Posts
March 24 2012 18:17 GMT
#5452
GTL in SC2 (both EU and NA iirc) and #gteamliquid on irc.quakenet.org
Enterprise was just temp banned for 1 week by Myles. Reason: You aren't a philosopher and warning aren't cutting it.
FalahNorei
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany56 Posts
March 24 2012 19:15 GMT
#5453
On March 25 2012 02:52 Petra37 wrote:
I hope that a half gay female will be allowed into this, cuz I <3 this thread. Is there any form of GLBT FB group or SC2 chat channel that anyone knows of?


while I can see why you ask for permission to post here, but I'd honestly be very surprised and disappointed if anybody wouldn't want you here, at least not for being female

so far from me, welcome, but I can't really help you with the FB or SCII group. not that I'd know off, though there certainly are.
'cause I can
Axero
Profile Joined September 2011
United States307 Posts
March 24 2012 22:00 GMT
#5454
On March 25 2012 02:52 Petra37 wrote:
I hope that a half gay female will be allowed into this, cuz I <3 this thread. Is there any form of GLBT FB group or SC2 chat channel that anyone knows of?


Everyone is welcome here!!
☺
Zaros
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3692 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-26 00:34:24
March 26 2012 00:34 GMT
#5455
MLG Spoiler

+ Show Spoiler +
I think we all wish a congratz to MKP #1 Terran and cutest player
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 26 2012 00:35 GMT
#5456
I just said congratz to his fan club...
my DRG...I'm not going to sleep well tonight either
T_T
moo...for DRG
Zaros
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3692 Posts
March 26 2012 00:38 GMT
#5457
On March 26 2012 09:35 neoghaleon55 wrote:
I just said congratz to his fan club...
my DRG...I'm not going to sleep well tonight either
T_T


aww just dream of DRG winning two GSLs in a row and you'll be fine.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 26 2012 01:33 GMT
#5458
On March 26 2012 09:38 Zaros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 09:35 neoghaleon55 wrote:
I just said congratz to his fan club...
my DRG...I'm not going to sleep well tonight either
T_T


aww just dream of DRG winning two GSLs in a row and you'll be fine.



haha
Thanks
I really hope I get to meet him again at Anaheim.
There's nothing I want more as a starcraft fan this year.
moo...for DRG
kentriarch
Profile Joined January 2012
Singapore61 Posts
March 26 2012 03:19 GMT
#5459
On March 26 2012 09:38 Zaros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 09:35 neoghaleon55 wrote:
I just said congratz to his fan club...
my DRG...I'm not going to sleep well tonight either
T_T


aww just dream of DRG winning two GSLs in a row and you'll be fine.


I am a bad person because I don't want DRG to win 2 GSLs in a row... Haha. I am too much of a MVP and MKP fan to allow that to happen!!!
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
March 26 2012 03:23 GMT
#5460
On March 26 2012 12:19 kentriarch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 09:38 Zaros wrote:
On March 26 2012 09:35 neoghaleon55 wrote:
I just said congratz to his fan club...
my DRG...I'm not going to sleep well tonight either
T_T


aww just dream of DRG winning two GSLs in a row and you'll be fine.


I am a bad person because I don't want DRG to win 2 GSLs in a row... Haha. I am too much of a MVP and MKP fan to allow that to happen!!!



:O!
I see...
I'm sorry, ken, it's not going to work out.
You and I are destined to be enemies.
lol
moo...for DRG
Prev 1 271 272 273 274 275 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 180
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 771
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9423
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5541
Liquid`RaSZi5510
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo283
KnowMe139
IndyStarCraft 138
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS126
ZombieGrub100
UpATreeSC55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• TFBlade983
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.