• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:34
CEST 15:34
KST 22:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11032 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 264

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Josketh
Profile Joined October 2011
United States155 Posts
February 24 2012 04:51 GMT
#5261
On February 24 2012 12:58 Kenpachi wrote:
hello guys. i just want to vent how people use "Gay" as an insult. Im not even gay and it pisses me so much.


^ I am super guilty of this.

Unfortunately for most people I encounter on the subject, I am a creature of context. I feel that you should say whatever you feel will convey your message but remember that you'll suffer the consequences for something contextually inflammatory.

i.e. I use the term "faggot" to describe whiny, bitch-assy, naggy, annoying, wussy, safe, arguey, snobby, douchey people. As I was growing up, that is all faggot ever meant.

In high school was the first time anyone ever asked if I was a faggot. Contextually, that was their only "proper" term for homosexuality because of their ignorance. I never got upset with them because this was their personal language. They meant no harm, so why start a fight?

I'm also pretty aggressive toward bullies. I've put the fear of the wolf into a few and helped some of my younger friends cope with them as well. If someone uses any word as a means to actually harm a person's emotional state with serious and aggressive intention, I'll take issue. But words is words. We were born to use them, ya? :D
Craft naked.
Zaros
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3692 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-24 16:18:53
February 24 2012 16:15 GMT
#5262
Well ealier i continuously heard banging from the room next door, which we decided was my housemates having sex so me and marv decided to cast it in irc and this is what happened:

+ Show Spoiler +


[14:19] <+Maliance> Actually, someone said Zaros was the typecaster

[14:19] <@marv|work> i'll do the analytical commentary

[14:19] <+Maliance> Go on, cast their sex

[14:19] <@marv|work> as i have the high level experience

[14:19] <+Zaros> yh

[14:19] <+Zaros> im a noob caster

[14:19] <+mkfuba> thank you

[14:19] <+Zaros> ive never even played before

[14:19] <@marv|work> Zaros is Tasteless

[14:19] <@marv|work> I'm Artosis

[14:19] <+Maliance> you'll need to set up some sort of stream of this

[14:20] <+mkfuba> fill in the less experienced players plz marv

[14:20] <+Zaros> and hes going in for the kill

[14:20] <@marv|work> I'm gettin nerd chills here fuba

[14:20] <+Zaros> it could all be over soon

[14:20] <@marv|work> :>

[14:20] <+mkfuba> :O

[14:20] <+Zaros> what do u think marv?

[14:20] <+Kentriarch> omg

[14:20] <@marv|work> looks like one of them is gonna try perform a rearguard action

[14:20] <+Match> rofl

[14:21] <+Zaros> how about u explain to the viewers

[14:21] <+Zaros> wht tht means

[14:21] <+mkfuba> read: zaros doesn't know what that means

[14:21] <+Zaros> i mean they cant all be pros like artosis

[14:21] <@marv|work> the guys gonna try to fuck the girl up the ass

[14:21] <@marv|work> the girl will say no

[14:21] <@marv|work> but coz the guy has 30 more supply

[14:21] <@marv|work> he'll do it anyway

[14:21] <+Zaros> i see

[14:21] <+Zaros> do you think it will succeed?

[14:22] <@marv|work> what's the noise like?

[14:22] <+Zaros> quiet atm

[14:22] <@marv|work> hmm

[14:22] <+Zaros> they just stopped the banging

[14:22] <@marv|work> maybe he's just goin for a drop

[14:22] <+Zaros> a drop in her natural?

[14:22] <@marv|work> yep

[14:23] <@marv|work> he's unloading now

[14:23] <+Zaros> still quiet

[14:23] <+Zaros> its very tense ladies and gentlemen

[14:23] <+Zaros> oh and the banging is back

[14:23] <+mkfuba> wonder if he'll stim

[14:23] <@marv|work> his medi is going in and out of the natural

[14:24] <+Zaros> getting louder and faster

[14:24] <+Zaros> ...

[14:24] <@marv|work> droppin little guys everywhere

[14:24] <@marv|work> holy shit

[14:24] <@marv|work> it's thekill move

[14:24] <+Maliance> He popped the stim?

[14:24] <@jarrydesque> this is kind of turning me on

[14:24] <@marv|work> he's gonna obliterate her bases

[14:24] <+Maliance> This has confirmed, this is the best irc.

[14:24] <+Zaros> hes still banging loud and fast

[14:25] <+Zaros> what does this mean marv?

[14:25] <@marv|work> it means she's microing like a pro and putting up a great defence

[14:25] <@marv|work> but he's gonna wear her down with superior macro

[14:25] <+Zaros> shes holding on?

[14:25] <@marv|work> just keeps chucking troops at her

[14:25] <@marv|work> until finally she gives in

[14:25] <+Zaros> i think she may hold

[14:25] <@marv|work> she cannot hold

[14:26] <+Kentriarch> we cannot hold!

[14:26] <@marv|work> carrier has arrived

[14:26] <+Zaros> rofl

[14:26] <+Zaros> definately heard a bed squeak there

[14:26] <@marv|work> told you

[14:26] <+Zaros> the defence may be falling apart

[14:26] <+Maliance> Marv is pretty good at this for someone who isn't actually hearing or seeing any of this

[14:26] <+mkfuba> all in his head

[14:26] <+Zaros> getting louder and faster again

[14:26] <+Zaros> hes ramping up the pressure

[14:27] <@marv|work> that's all the interceptors

[14:27] <@marv|work> assaulting her base from all angles

[14:27] <+Zaros> he may be out of steam soon

[14:27] <+Zaros> if this keeps up

[14:27] <+Zaros> more bed squeaks

[14:27] <@marv|work> it'll be a manner nexus in her base when he does

[14:27] <@marv|work> trust me

[14:27] <+Zaros> wht are they aiming for here marv?

[14:28] <@marv|work> I think this guy

[14:28] <@marv|work> doesn't know how to close out while he's ahead

[14:28] <+Zaros> she might make a cum back

[14:28] <@marv|work> lol

[14:28] <@marv|work> oh tasteless :D

[14:28] <+Kentriarch> forgetting the most important artosis rule

[14:28] <+Zaros> when ur ahead

[14:28] <@marv|work> that's right ken

[14:28] <+Zaros> get more head

[14:28] <@marv|work> that's it

[14:29] <@marv|work> when you're ahead, get more head

[14:29] <+Zaros> lol

[14:29] <@marv|work> he should make her blow him right now

[14:29] <+RoMGraViTy> i wake up for assembly. and dont know what im reading, but its hot

[14:29] <+Zaros> and the banging has stopped

[14:29] <+Zaros> wht does this mean marv

[14:29] <+Zaros> are they about to close it out>

[14:29] <+Zaros> ?

[14:29] <+Maliance> They're casting someone zaros can hear fucking on the other side of the wall, clearly

[14:29] <@marv|work> means he dropped all his marines in the gap in her defences

[14:29] <+Maliance> Completely normal thing to do

[14:29] <+Zaros> so we are approaching the finally

[14:30] <+Zaros> and the taps are running now

[14:30] <+mkfuba> finale

[14:30] <@marv|work> I think so Zaros

[14:30] <@marv|work> it looks like gg to me Tasteless

[14:30] <+Zaros> i think ur right artosis

[14:30] <@marv|work> what a game

[14:30] <@marv|work> back and forth

[14:30] <+mkfuba> martosis

[14:30] <+Zaros> very back and forth

[14:30] <+Zaros> non stop action

[14:30] <@marv|work> violent swings in the supply

[14:30] <+Zaros> but when he was ahead he didnt get more head

[14:30] <+Zaros> he just went for the kill move

[14:30] <+Zaros> that was a bit dissapointing

[14:31] <@marv|work> not Code S caliber

[14:31] <+Zaros> indeed

[14:31] <+Zaros> they need more pratice

[14:31] <+Zaros> lol

[14:31] <+mkfuba> no worries, I'm sure they'll get it tonight

[14:32] <+mkfuba> and you'll hear every minute of it

[14:32] <@marv|work> they'll be hitting the custom games together later on

[14:32] <@marv|work> 'shattered temple'

[14:32] <@marv|work> yeah baby

[14:32] <+Zaros> well i think they need to marv

[14:32] <@marv|work> then they'll finish on

[14:32] <@marv|work> Cloud Kingdom

[14:32] * marv|work dons sunglasses

[14:32] <+Zaros> but first the calm before the storm

[14:33] <+mkfuba> all the way to daybreak

[14:34] <@marv|work> :D

[14:34] <@marv|work> so full of win

[14:34] <+Zaros> good job today artosis

[14:34] <@marv|work> you too tasteless

[14:34] <@marv|work> always a pleasure

[14:34] <+Zaros> make sure to follow me on twitter

[14:34] <+Zaros> im @callmetasteless

[14:34] <+Zaros> hes artosis
RoMGraViTy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States314 Posts
February 24 2012 16:26 GMT
#5263
On February 25 2012 01:15 Zaros wrote:
Well ealier i continuously heard banging from the room next door, which we decided was my housemates having sex so me and marv decided to cast it in irc and this is what happened:

+ Show Spoiler +


[14:19] <+Maliance> Actually, someone said Zaros was the typecaster

[14:19] <@marv|work> i'll do the analytical commentary

[14:19] <+Maliance> Go on, cast their sex

[14:19] <@marv|work> as i have the high level experience

[14:19] <+Zaros> yh

[14:19] <+Zaros> im a noob caster

[14:19] <+mkfuba> thank you

[14:19] <+Zaros> ive never even played before

[14:19] <@marv|work> Zaros is Tasteless

[14:19] <@marv|work> I'm Artosis

[14:19] <+Maliance> you'll need to set up some sort of stream of this

[14:20] <+mkfuba> fill in the less experienced players plz marv

[14:20] <+Zaros> and hes going in for the kill

[14:20] <@marv|work> I'm gettin nerd chills here fuba

[14:20] <+Zaros> it could all be over soon

[14:20] <@marv|work> :>

[14:20] <+mkfuba> :O

[14:20] <+Zaros> what do u think marv?

[14:20] <+Kentriarch> omg

[14:20] <@marv|work> looks like one of them is gonna try perform a rearguard action

[14:20] <+Match> rofl

[14:21] <+Zaros> how about u explain to the viewers

[14:21] <+Zaros> wht tht means

[14:21] <+mkfuba> read: zaros doesn't know what that means

[14:21] <+Zaros> i mean they cant all be pros like artosis

[14:21] <@marv|work> the guys gonna try to fuck the girl up the ass

[14:21] <@marv|work> the girl will say no

[14:21] <@marv|work> but coz the guy has 30 more supply

[14:21] <@marv|work> he'll do it anyway

[14:21] <+Zaros> i see

[14:21] <+Zaros> do you think it will succeed?

[14:22] <@marv|work> what's the noise like?

[14:22] <+Zaros> quiet atm

[14:22] <@marv|work> hmm

[14:22] <+Zaros> they just stopped the banging

[14:22] <@marv|work> maybe he's just goin for a drop

[14:22] <+Zaros> a drop in her natural?

[14:22] <@marv|work> yep

[14:23] <@marv|work> he's unloading now

[14:23] <+Zaros> still quiet

[14:23] <+Zaros> its very tense ladies and gentlemen

[14:23] <+Zaros> oh and the banging is back

[14:23] <+mkfuba> wonder if he'll stim

[14:23] <@marv|work> his medi is going in and out of the natural

[14:24] <+Zaros> getting louder and faster

[14:24] <+Zaros> ...

[14:24] <@marv|work> droppin little guys everywhere

[14:24] <@marv|work> holy shit

[14:24] <@marv|work> it's thekill move

[14:24] <+Maliance> He popped the stim?

[14:24] <@jarrydesque> this is kind of turning me on

[14:24] <@marv|work> he's gonna obliterate her bases

[14:24] <+Maliance> This has confirmed, this is the best irc.

[14:24] <+Zaros> hes still banging loud and fast

[14:25] <+Zaros> what does this mean marv?

[14:25] <@marv|work> it means she's microing like a pro and putting up a great defence

[14:25] <@marv|work> but he's gonna wear her down with superior macro

[14:25] <+Zaros> shes holding on?

[14:25] <@marv|work> just keeps chucking troops at her

[14:25] <@marv|work> until finally she gives in

[14:25] <+Zaros> i think she may hold

[14:25] <@marv|work> she cannot hold

[14:26] <+Kentriarch> we cannot hold!

[14:26] <@marv|work> carrier has arrived

[14:26] <+Zaros> rofl

[14:26] <+Zaros> definately heard a bed squeak there

[14:26] <@marv|work> told you

[14:26] <+Zaros> the defence may be falling apart

[14:26] <+Maliance> Marv is pretty good at this for someone who isn't actually hearing or seeing any of this

[14:26] <+mkfuba> all in his head

[14:26] <+Zaros> getting louder and faster again

[14:26] <+Zaros> hes ramping up the pressure

[14:27] <@marv|work> that's all the interceptors

[14:27] <@marv|work> assaulting her base from all angles

[14:27] <+Zaros> he may be out of steam soon

[14:27] <+Zaros> if this keeps up

[14:27] <+Zaros> more bed squeaks

[14:27] <@marv|work> it'll be a manner nexus in her base when he does

[14:27] <@marv|work> trust me

[14:27] <+Zaros> wht are they aiming for here marv?

[14:28] <@marv|work> I think this guy

[14:28] <@marv|work> doesn't know how to close out while he's ahead

[14:28] <+Zaros> she might make a cum back

[14:28] <@marv|work> lol

[14:28] <@marv|work> oh tasteless :D

[14:28] <+Kentriarch> forgetting the most important artosis rule

[14:28] <+Zaros> when ur ahead

[14:28] <@marv|work> that's right ken

[14:28] <+Zaros> get more head

[14:28] <@marv|work> that's it

[14:29] <@marv|work> when you're ahead, get more head

[14:29] <+Zaros> lol

[14:29] <@marv|work> he should make her blow him right now

[14:29] <+RoMGraViTy> i wake up for assembly. and dont know what im reading, but its hot

[14:29] <+Zaros> and the banging has stopped

[14:29] <+Zaros> wht does this mean marv

[14:29] <+Zaros> are they about to close it out>

[14:29] <+Zaros> ?

[14:29] <+Maliance> They're casting someone zaros can hear fucking on the other side of the wall, clearly

[14:29] <@marv|work> means he dropped all his marines in the gap in her defences

[14:29] <+Maliance> Completely normal thing to do

[14:29] <+Zaros> so we are approaching the finally

[14:30] <+Zaros> and the taps are running now

[14:30] <+mkfuba> finale

[14:30] <@marv|work> I think so Zaros

[14:30] <@marv|work> it looks like gg to me Tasteless

[14:30] <+Zaros> i think ur right artosis

[14:30] <@marv|work> what a game

[14:30] <@marv|work> back and forth

[14:30] <+mkfuba> martosis

[14:30] <+Zaros> very back and forth

[14:30] <+Zaros> non stop action

[14:30] <@marv|work> violent swings in the supply

[14:30] <+Zaros> but when he was ahead he didnt get more head

[14:30] <+Zaros> he just went for the kill move

[14:30] <+Zaros> that was a bit dissapointing

[14:31] <@marv|work> not Code S caliber

[14:31] <+Zaros> indeed

[14:31] <+Zaros> they need more pratice

[14:31] <+Zaros> lol

[14:31] <+mkfuba> no worries, I'm sure they'll get it tonight

[14:32] <+mkfuba> and you'll hear every minute of it

[14:32] <@marv|work> they'll be hitting the custom games together later on

[14:32] <@marv|work> 'shattered temple'

[14:32] <@marv|work> yeah baby

[14:32] <+Zaros> well i think they need to marv

[14:32] <@marv|work> then they'll finish on

[14:32] <@marv|work> Cloud Kingdom

[14:32] * marv|work dons sunglasses

[14:32] <+Zaros> but first the calm before the storm

[14:33] <+mkfuba> all the way to daybreak

[14:34] <@marv|work> :D

[14:34] <@marv|work> so full of win

[14:34] <+Zaros> good job today artosis

[14:34] <@marv|work> you too tasteless

[14:34] <@marv|work> always a pleasure

[14:34] <+Zaros> make sure to follow me on twitter

[14:34] <+Zaros> im @callmetasteless

[14:34] <+Zaros> hes artosis


BEST. CHAT. EVER.
"Khaldor is a younger version of Goro from Mortal Kombat" - Tasteless
Detwiler
Profile Joined June 2011
United States239 Posts
February 24 2012 18:41 GMT
#5264
Zaros and marv made of 100% win.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
February 24 2012 18:47 GMT
#5265
If anything could elicit a legendary Tasteless post on TL, it is that IRC chat.
#2throwed
NSnaKe
Profile Joined November 2011
Spain18 Posts
February 24 2012 19:15 GMT
#5266
--- Nuked ---
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
February 24 2012 20:59 GMT
#5267
Korean culture, caught on camera by Bumblebee at ASUS ROG Assembly...
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
February 24 2012 21:02 GMT
#5268
On February 25 2012 05:59 Proseat wrote:
Korean culture, caught on camera by Bumblebee at ASUS ROG Assembly...
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


That country is so confusing...
#2throwed
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 24 2012 21:28 GMT
#5269
On February 25 2012 06:02 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2012 05:59 Proseat wrote:
Korean culture, caught on camera by Bumblebee at ASUS ROG Assembly...
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


That country is so confusing...


I wish I was Genius...I could do that to DRG
XD
moo...for DRG
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 02:32:16
February 25 2012 02:29 GMT
#5270
Yeah, we deep fry sushi in Texas, whatcha gonna do?!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



White tuna, these 4 bites cost 15 bucks but I swear it's the best thing they can drag outta the ocean:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
#2throwed
Josketh
Profile Joined October 2011
United States155 Posts
February 25 2012 18:04 GMT
#5271
Here in Florida, they put hot dogs in sushi. o_O
Craft naked.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
February 25 2012 19:09 GMT
#5272
I don't think that's sushi then...
#2throwed
Josketh
Profile Joined October 2011
United States155 Posts
February 26 2012 06:10 GMT
#5273
I hope I am not the only one going through the MLG photos for the wrong (read: right) reasons.
Craft naked.
RoMGraViTy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States314 Posts
February 26 2012 06:19 GMT
#5274
Most of us already went through earlier.
"Khaldor is a younger version of Goro from Mortal Kombat" - Tasteless
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 26 2012 10:08 GMT
#5275
I wish MLG was my harem.
XD
moo...for DRG
inanotherlifetime
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden233 Posts
February 26 2012 13:21 GMT
#5276
One of the cutest picture ever... Makes me feel weird, but oh so good feelings all over..
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Lost & Confused <3 NaNiwa & SaSe
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 22:07:03
February 26 2012 22:05 GMT
#5277
On February 24 2012 13:51 Josketh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2012 12:58 Kenpachi wrote:
hello guys. i just want to vent how people use "Gay" as an insult. Im not even gay and it pisses me so much.


^ I am super guilty of this.

Unfortunately for most people I encounter on the subject, I am a creature of context. I feel that you should say whatever you feel will convey your message but remember that you'll suffer the consequences for something contextually inflammatory.

i.e. I use the term "faggot" to describe whiny, bitch-assy, naggy, annoying, wussy, safe, arguey, snobby, douchey people. As I was growing up, that is all faggot ever meant.

In high school was the first time anyone ever asked if I was a faggot. Contextually, that was their only "proper" term for homosexuality because of their ignorance. I never got upset with them because this was their personal language. They meant no harm, so why start a fight?

I'm also pretty aggressive toward bullies. I've put the fear of the wolf into a few and helped some of my younger friends cope with them as well. If someone uses any word as a means to actually harm a person's emotional state with serious and aggressive intention, I'll take issue. But words is words. We were born to use them, ya? :D


Eh, I understand what you mean when you say this, and I understand that there are no ill intentions, but I know that for me personally, people throwing around "gay" and "faggot" as derogatory terms while I was growing up were just one more thing to contribute to my self-loathing as a closeted gay guy. Depending on how well the person you're talking to you knows you, you may be communicating homophobia even if you don't intend to.

What if you're online and you call a closeted gay 14-year-old a "faggot" and help to drive him further into the closet when he thinks that the world at large hates his sexuality? What if you're helping reinforce someone's homophobic viewpoints when they see people using "gay" as a synonym for "stupid", and they think that they really mean that being gay is stupid? It's not just about intentional insults; it's about the whole effect of when people choose to use a demographic term as a negative word.

Communication isn't all just about intentions. If call black people n*****s, it will offend people no matter how much I respect black people in my head. If you could communicate things based 100% on your intentions, then we wouldn't need words at all, would we?

I will admit that I have used the terms "gay" and "faggot" facetiously as insults, but only around people who I absolutely know will understand that I'm not at all homophobic (/am gay) and am just kidding around. But I would never do it around anyone who I think might be affected by it.
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 27 2012 03:36 GMT
#5278
bah
I can't believe I'm taking DRG's loss to MKP so hard.
I don't want to eat/sleep/do anything right now
T_T

I hate being so emotionally invested in something.
moo...for DRG
Josketh
Profile Joined October 2011
United States155 Posts
February 27 2012 04:03 GMT
#5279
On February 27 2012 07:05 matjlav wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2012 13:51 Josketh wrote:
On February 24 2012 12:58 Kenpachi wrote:
hello guys. i just want to vent how people use "Gay" as an insult. Im not even gay and it pisses me so much.


^ I am super guilty of this.

Unfortunately for most people I encounter on the subject, I am a creature of context. I feel that you should say whatever you feel will convey your message but remember that you'll suffer the consequences for something contextually inflammatory.

i.e. I use the term "faggot" to describe whiny, bitch-assy, naggy, annoying, wussy, safe, arguey, snobby, douchey people. As I was growing up, that is all faggot ever meant.

In high school was the first time anyone ever asked if I was a faggot. Contextually, that was their only "proper" term for homosexuality because of their ignorance. I never got upset with them because this was their personal language. They meant no harm, so why start a fight?

I'm also pretty aggressive toward bullies. I've put the fear of the wolf into a few and helped some of my younger friends cope with them as well. If someone uses any word as a means to actually harm a person's emotional state with serious and aggressive intention, I'll take issue. But words is words. We were born to use them, ya? :D


Eh, I understand what you mean when you say this, and I understand that there are no ill intentions, but I know that for me personally, people throwing around "gay" and "faggot" as derogatory terms while I was growing up were just one more thing to contribute to my self-loathing as a closeted gay guy. Depending on how well the person you're talking to you knows you, you may be communicating homophobia even if you don't intend to.

What if you're online and you call a closeted gay 14-year-old a "faggot" and help to drive him further into the closet when he thinks that the world at large hates his sexuality? What if you're helping reinforce someone's homophobic viewpoints when they see people using "gay" as a synonym for "stupid", and they think that they really mean that being gay is stupid? It's not just about intentional insults; it's about the whole effect of when people choose to use a demographic term as a negative word.

Communication isn't all just about intentions. If call black people n*****s, it will offend people no matter how much I respect black people in my head. If you could communicate things based 100% on your intentions, then we wouldn't need words at all, would we?

I will admit that I have used the terms "gay" and "faggot" facetiously as insults, but only around people who I absolutely know will understand that I'm not at all homophobic (/am gay) and am just kidding around. But I would never do it around anyone who I think might be affected by it.


I understand what you mean but it is up to us to raise and teach our children how to love themselves.

I mean, I'm going to bust my ass to make sure that my kids know that I have endless love for them. Gay, straight, whatever, they won't need to come out to me. They won't need to be nervous to talk about things. I want them to know and understand that fact.

Further, I want my kids to understand that internet haters are anonymous for a reason. Someone calling people names through a profile name is just a weak person. They haven't the gumption to say things to you face to face...so let them talk of nothing since they know nothing.

I don't want to raise my children to be victims of the world. I want them to have the strength of heart and mind to stand up against real injustice and to love, understand, and empathize with their fellow humans. If people call them names, they have enough love and support to be shielded from it while at the same time recognizing when someone else does not have the same protection and stand up for them.

We are all different. I think Glee had a pretty good attempt at bringing this whole subject of words to the audience. Everyone has their own thing that pushes them to an edge. I'm not fazed by words. However, I cannot handle being forced into a position of helplessness when someone I love needs support and I can't do anything about it. We, like Pokemon, all have our type combinations and we work together as teams to balance each other out. I want my kids to be willing to be part of the pack and uplift those around them who can't do it on their own for whatever reason.

That is how I should have been in high school but I was unwise. I have grown into this mindset and, when I am teaching High School, I'll provide a voice, an arm, a platform, whatever for those who need that push to realize they are worth more than a GPA, a girlfriend, a boyfriend, a name, a clique, whatever.

It all starts with our youth. These coming generations are the people that will surpass everything we are and can be if we give them the tools to rise above this nonsense. We gotta let go of the unimportant details and focus on the overall message of love and understanding, ya?

Nothing will be perfect but that means that it can always become better.

If there are any lurkers reading this who are still in the closet or in pain or thinking about the weight of the world falling down on them because of who they love, remember this: I love you. I will love you. I'm not the only one, either. You are my brother/sister. You are normal. If school sucks, make it better. If you can't, change schools. It does get better but you have to be proactive. The choice is to accept happiness and love. Let that be your shield against the hate and ignorance. I'll always stand for you. Let words be words. Let love be love.

I can't tell you how many friends I've made with people who wanted to bully me. All because I laughed with them, I stuck around, and understood them, and was there for them when they needed it. I'll admit, though, my bullies were just sad, broken people who wanted someone to share in their pain.

Be aware. Be loving. Stay safe.

I feel like I gave a sermon so I am going to to my gospel dance around this clubhouse.
Craft naked.
FalahNorei
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany56 Posts
February 27 2012 21:01 GMT
#5280
not on the "gay as an insult-yes/no?"-topic (I use it myself, but only to very close friends and those who'll understand that I'm not serious - being bi myself, in general I avoid it, or rather, try to)


yesterday I watched MLG in a barcraft.... was kinda cool. though, best part about all that, first date ever. yup, on a barcraft. yes, it WAS amazing. best evening ever. happy all around at the moment ^.^

just felt like letting you guys know, dunno why exactly, maybe because that topic came up like a week ago XD
'cause I can
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 355
ComeBackTV 204
SteadfastSC182
Rex108
CosmosSc2 44
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 182
ProTech146
Rex 108
CosmosSc2 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52504
firebathero 1321
Jaedong 1224
Hyuk 922
EffOrt 499
Soulkey 442
Horang2 432
Mini 422
Soma 409
BeSt 398
[ Show more ]
Last 316
actioN 305
Stork 287
Light 273
Larva 270
Zeus 265
ggaemo 198
ZerO 177
Snow 161
Rush 140
910 121
Killer 86
Pusan 72
Mind 63
Shine 57
hero 52
Creator 48
Free 42
Yoon 40
Sharp 37
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 22
JYJ 20
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 16
yabsab 14
sorry 14
Noble 14
Icarus 7
Rock 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10338
Dendi739
Counter-Strike
markeloff103
edward58
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1780
crisheroes1628
Other Games
gofns37675
singsing2352
olofmeister1264
B2W.Neo905
hiko544
byalli333
XBOCT302
Pyrionflax244
Liquid`VortiX99
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS68
QueenE55
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 2251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH288
• StrangeGG 41
• EnkiAlexander 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1526
• Nemesis940
• TFBlade364
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
Stellar Fest
23h 26m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.