• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6311 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 163

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Silverfoxx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
December 02 2011 05:55 GMT
#3241
Innigo, nothing we can really say will be 100% unsided in this discussion. While I would not argue that there aren't unrelgious people in here, I would argue that none of them are 100% Full-followers like you. You are a contradiction to yourself, and I would only like to say one thing. To turn your back on part of a religion, other followers won't understand and will be upset with you. If you turn your back on us, and decide instead to go through life without acknowledging those gay fantasies you have, we will be loving and accepting of you regardless (Unless you start go the westboro baptist church route or do something to upset us personally.)

Really, if you do come to a final choice, realize who the people who care are. Or, as Dr. Seuss put it, the people who care don't matter and the people who matter don't care.
The fox is back.
adacan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States117 Posts
December 02 2011 07:39 GMT
#3242
Hi as a straight guy I have some questions, hope I am allowed to post in this forum. Anyway what is the protocol if a gay guy hits on you. I have only had it happen to me once but I was kind of freaked out because I don't really know how to respond. There was the fear that if I didn't say anything I would be leading him on but if I did I would be anti-gay plus if he wasn't actually hitting on me that would also be really offensive from me if I just walk away. It doesn't help that I am extremely shy/misinterpret social cues.

Second question it seems like most gay people dislike me because I am shy. Don't really understand this as I would think from any group gays who face widespread discrimination would be least likely to discriminate against other marginalized groups (not saying I face nearly the same level as shit as gay people), but my experiences have not shown this to be the case. Is it just a small sample size or do gay people not like shy people? Third question is it possible for a straight person to be friends with a gay person? Sorry if that sounds ignorant, its not meant to be.
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 08:24:55
December 02 2011 08:22 GMT
#3243
On December 02 2011 16:39 adacan wrote:
Hi as a straight guy I have some questions, hope I am allowed to post in this forum. Anyway what is the protocol if a gay guy hits on you. I have only had it happen to me once but I was kind of freaked out because I don't really know how to respond. There was the fear that if I didn't say anything I would be leading him on but if I did I would be anti-gay plus if he wasn't actually hitting on me that would also be really offensive from me if I just walk away. It doesn't help that I am extremely shy/misinterpret social cues.

Second question it seems like most gay people dislike me because I am shy. Don't really understand this as I would think from any group gays who face widespread discrimination would be least likely to discriminate against other marginalized groups (not saying I face nearly the same level as shit as gay people), but my experiences have not shown this to be the case. Is it just a small sample size or do gay people not like shy people? Third question is it possible for a straight person to be friends with a gay person? Sorry if that sounds ignorant, its not meant to be.


If someone hits on you say, "You're not gay." The thing is you have to know they are gay, or you could offend. So I would only bother with it if it was reoccurring. If you think some guy is hitting on you, but you doubt you will ever see him again - just take it as a compliment. That is what it is.

Gay people don't hate shy people. It is something specific to the people you are dealing with, and I doubt it is that you are shy, as that has to be the most shallow and stupid reasoning I've ever heard to dislike someone.

Its certainly possible to have straight friends as a gay man or vice versa. I don't see why it wouldn't be?
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 08:36:18
December 02 2011 08:23 GMT
#3244
Adacan of course you are allowed to post here. To respond to your questions:

On reacting to a gay guy hitting on you, just react the same as if a girl (that you didn't like) hit on you.

A. If it's obvious that he's gay and hitting on you, just ask: "are you gay?" In response, he'll definitely ask if you are, in which you respond: "no, but I have no issue with gays".

B. If he's not obviously hitting on you, and you aren't sure if the person is gay and can't comfortably tell them "I'm not gay, but let's be friends", then I would advise just try to avoid them completely, just like you would a girl you don't like.

I don't dislike anyone because their shy and I'm gay. But I can see some gay people feeling awkward around a shy person - namely because said gay person may be unable to detect if your comfortable around them if you never say much. You have to understand that many gay people are on somewhat of a subconscious alert for danger or people who may be anti-gay. Call it a defense-mechanism. Understandable considering the number of haters out there. On your end, there's no need to say directly "I'm pro-gay" or "I have no issues with gay people", but rather just act normally and don't feel awkward around them and usually they will understand that you don't care about their sexuality.

On a side note, there are some "super-social" gay people who don't like anyone that doesn't talk much, gay or straight, but I try avoid those crowds. Not my kinda peeps. If you encounter gay people like this, don't judge the community based on an individual(s). Gay people come in all shapes and sizes and attitudes, and some are not the best people (putting it nicely).

I have tons of straight male and female friends. In fact, I don't know any gay people that don't have straight friends. If you want to invest in a friendship with a gay person, do so as you would a straight friend. If you have common interests (nerds, sports, interests, social stuff) then that should be the basis of your friendship. Being gay or gay issues might be fun to talk about once in a while, but it should have little to do with a genuine friendship. Just remember that like all friendships and relationships, gay people are human beings. You may find some you like and some you can't stand. It's the same for all of us, no matter the sexuality.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
Larsa23
Profile Joined November 2011
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 08:40:52
December 02 2011 08:38 GMT
#3245
You know, I think that it sucks how people treat gays. I've gone through several of those things too. I liked computers because it was the only place I could find a place to go for being treated the right way by my peers.

It must be scary to know what could happen to you.

I personally don't care at all. I wouldn't hate anything and if I did think something were disgusting I wouldn't say it with the intention of hurting you about it just because I think it's disgusting or don't like you. I actually think I am one of the more open minded people when it comes to this kind of thing. I wouldn't harbor any hate towards you or be unfair to you at all.

The only thing I dislike is unwanted physical contact. Other than that I'm fine with it in every way. I don't just mean that I am willing to accept it I simply don't find it to be any different than anything else because I wasn't raised to.

I've allowed a gay man to hit on me in person I only got mean when he touched my crotch area.
Syntac
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39 Posts
December 02 2011 12:37 GMT
#3246
I've been lurking this thread for awhile and although I'm straight I've just go to say I have incredible respect for the LBGT community. Having a friend come out to me as gay has had a great impact on my life and has opened my eyes to some homophobic behaviors I still had that are slowly dissolving. To all of you out there, I wish you all the best.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 02 2011 14:37 GMT
#3247
I'm surprised at how many people read this thread, especially straight guys. I guess we're an entertaining/interesting bunch.
#2throwed
Iniggo
Profile Joined October 2010
United States22 Posts
December 02 2011 14:44 GMT
#3248
Thanks for everyone's kind comments.

And yeah, we do seem to attract a lot of straight guys
Match
Profile Joined January 2011
215 Posts
December 02 2011 15:01 GMT
#3249
Someone play 2v2s with me, I'm bored.
jarrydesque
Profile Joined November 2010
584 Posts
December 02 2011 17:21 GMT
#3250
When I am away for a day and I come back and the thread has grown by 2 or 3 pages, I'm always like, "Oh shit, what has happened now!". Hurrah for rad people and good support. You peeps rock. I must admit, this must be one of the very few threads on TL that mentions religion and has not spiraled out of control.

Big hearts to all!
#1 Kennigit fanboy/stalker
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 02:59:13
December 03 2011 02:58 GMT
#3251
Silly NASL, using fat pictures of players! I noticed it with Sen...I normally only like white guys but Sen is damn fine and the pic they used didn't represent him well at all!

And I think with minimal amounts of photoshop GQ could do some awesome things with Rotterdamn.
#2throwed
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
December 03 2011 04:06 GMT
#3252
I have to say I start and end my day reading this thread. I enjoy it! And I do log into SC2 just to chat in the channel (despite being AFK quite a bit when I do talk in it). Yey for good forum thread!
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 04:59:16
December 03 2011 04:57 GMT
#3253
On December 03 2011 13:06 Troxle wrote:
I have to say I start and end my day reading this thread. I enjoy it! And I do log into SC2 just to chat in the channel (despite being AFK quite a bit when I do talk in it). Yey for good forum thread!


Good forum thread doesn't even begin to describe it! Team Liquid has given us a place to ACTUALLY be safe in on the internet. No one can all us "faggit!" here. No one can get pissed when they lose and say "that's gay!" A thread like this is a rarity on the internet. We need to appreciate TL for it.

I personally plan on buying all 3 t-shirts, their hoodie (maybe two if there are different colors), and their mousepad (when they release it). Both because they're amazing and because TL has given me an awesome home to actually be a gay gamer. YAY for being an adult and having some disposable income!!!

Edit: No...no...adulthood sucks. It's only the disposable income part that's cool.
#2throwed
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
December 03 2011 05:28 GMT
#3254
On December 03 2011 13:57 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 13:06 Troxle wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I have to say I start and end my day reading this thread. I enjoy it! And I do log into SC2 just to chat in the channel (despite being AFK quite a bit when I do talk in it). Yey for good forum thread!


Good forum thread doesn't even begin to describe it! Team Liquid has given us a place to ACTUALLY be safe in on the internet. No one can all us "faggit!" here. No one can get pissed when they lose and say "that's gay!" A thread like this is a rarity on the internet. We need to appreciate TL for it.

I personally plan on buying all 3 t-shirts, their hoodie (maybe two if there are different colors), and their mousepad (when they release it). Both because they're amazing and because TL has given me an awesome home to actually be a gay gamer. YAY for being an adult and having some disposable income!!!

Edit: No...no...adulthood sucks. It's only the disposable income part that's cool.


I don't want a t-shirt, but I'm certainly buying their mouse pad. I'm praying they win the Razer team of the year contest so we can also get a Team Liquid mouse.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
December 03 2011 05:32 GMT
#3255
On December 03 2011 14:28 GDR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 13:57 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 03 2011 13:06 Troxle wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I have to say I start and end my day reading this thread. I enjoy it! And I do log into SC2 just to chat in the channel (despite being AFK quite a bit when I do talk in it). Yey for good forum thread!


Good forum thread doesn't even begin to describe it! Team Liquid has given us a place to ACTUALLY be safe in on the internet. No one can all us "faggit!" here. No one can get pissed when they lose and say "that's gay!" A thread like this is a rarity on the internet. We need to appreciate TL for it.

I personally plan on buying all 3 t-shirts, their hoodie (maybe two if there are different colors), and their mousepad (when they release it). Both because they're amazing and because TL has given me an awesome home to actually be a gay gamer. YAY for being an adult and having some disposable income!!!

Edit: No...no...adulthood sucks. It's only the disposable income part that's cool.


I don't want a t-shirt, but I'm certainly buying their mouse pad. I'm praying they win the Razer team of the year contest so we can also get a Team Liquid mouse.


Well, I love the t-shirts because I can wear them under my button downs for work and be a secret Starcraft 2 fan...it makes me feel like I'm in a cool club.
#2throwed
Kitkatzy
Profile Joined May 2008
United States213 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 15:06:18
December 03 2011 15:01 GMT
#3256
On December 02 2011 05:40 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 05:38 jarrydesque wrote:
Reading through this makes me happy I was not brought up religiously.

Coming to terms with who you are as a young gay man is difficult enough without all the extra baggage from religion.

Also, regarding bisexuality - There is a saying: Bi now, gay later. It basically means that lots of men/woman prefer to come out as bi, because they feel it is more socially acceptable. I'm not saying that there is no such thing is bisexuality, but I don't think it's as common one might think it is.


I first came out as bi...not a single one of my friends bought it though. It was pretty funny.

The first person I admitted I was bi to was my only gay friend at the time. I don't really understand why, but he seemed to get upset about it and stopped talking to me altogether.. It was a strange experience :-\.

edit: I haven't slept because of gsl finals and am too tired to figure out how to make my first sentence comprehensible T_T.
Curse Kitkatz
FalahNorei
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany56 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 17:24:55
December 03 2011 17:24 GMT
#3257
On December 04 2011 00:01 Couvre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 05:40 Klondikebar wrote:
On December 02 2011 05:38 jarrydesque wrote:
Reading through this makes me happy I was not brought up religiously.

Coming to terms with who you are as a young gay man is difficult enough without all the extra baggage from religion.

Also, regarding bisexuality - There is a saying: Bi now, gay later. It basically means that lots of men/woman prefer to come out as bi, because they feel it is more socially acceptable. I'm not saying that there is no such thing is bisexuality, but I don't think it's as common one might think it is.


I first came out as bi...not a single one of my friends bought it though. It was pretty funny.

The first person I admitted I was bi to was my only gay friend at the time. I don't really understand why, but he seemed to get upset about it and stopped talking to me altogether.. It was a strange experience :-\.

edit: I haven't slept because of gsl finals and am too tired to figure out how to make my first sentence comprehensible T_T.


@jarrydesque: yup, makes me happy too (lack of religion rocks for me)
as for your state about bisexuality.... well, I AM bi (or pan, or whatever you wanna call it), and I prefer coming out as gay. less questions that way *shrugs*

@klondikebar: when I came out, I got weird looks, questions about if I was serious, and afterwards lots of questions about how, why, what and whom... XD

@convre..... thats bad, and i got not a single idea about why he'd do that.... maybe except that he was only pretending to be gay, or maybe he had a crush on you or something <.<
'cause I can
SCST
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-03 21:18:30
December 03 2011 21:17 GMT
#3258
I came out as bi as well, but that lasted for about 1 day haha.

@convre Sounds like he might have had some emotional issues, such as being anti-gay even though he was gay (loathing himself). He might have feared that he would act on his gay feelings knowing that you too were gay/bi. Sorry that happened.
"The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Gandhi
GDR
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada407 Posts
December 03 2011 23:20 GMT
#3259
I don't know who is cuter Hero or Huk. ♥
Caseyclysm
Profile Joined May 2010
United States104 Posts
December 03 2011 23:31 GMT
#3260
Hero ^.^ <3
“You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself.” -Galileo Galilei
Prev 1 161 162 163 164 165 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft460
RuFF_SC2 213
ViBE101
Nina 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4973
GuemChi 1310
Terrorterran 90
910 73
Leta 39
NaDa 31
Bale 29
Counter-Strike
taco 523
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1106
Other Games
summit1g7829
JimRising 591
C9.Mang0301
Trikslyr41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick751
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP108
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota213
League of Legends
• Lourlo942
• Stunt297
Other Games
• Shiphtur433
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
12h 16m
The PondCast
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.