• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:28
CEST 18:28
KST 01:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9605 users

[EP1] Starcraft 2 Battle Report #1 - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
December 20 2008 04:04 GMT
#141
Well that looked pretty good.
I agree with FA. Marauders are way too cool lookin.
I think my plan to play terran in sc2 is lookin good with all the kewl lookin T units.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
talismania
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States2364 Posts
December 20 2008 05:09 GMT
#142
I love when the guy is like "David Kim's resources are so good" and he's like 2k mineral 1k gas.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
December 20 2008 06:33 GMT
#143
I'm pretty surprised you guys considered the commentary to be so poor. I guess as viewer of Korean pro-game TV, I'm very used to commentary having a somewhat 7:3 stress between keeping the game exciting, and providing useful strategic insight. I thought they did a great job on the first point, and the second point I didn't care about so much(because I assumed they were catering to a very broad, generic crowd).

I wonder what some of the other Korean speaking TL staff thinks? From my few observations on English language commentary, and the way people rate it, it seems that the TL crowd places a much higher premium on game knowledge, and not so much on pure entertainment value.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-20 07:58:45
December 20 2008 07:50 GMT
#144
Nothing wrong with the commentary, they both had very good flow while they were talking about the game. And the focus on the commentary was clearly the basics, how units worked and what was happening. I think allot of people posting in this thread missunderstood the purpose of the battle report. It's a video that's supposed to be understood BY ALL players of starcraft and not just the exclusive "OMG IM PRO I KNOW BEST" 100 people club.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-20 08:11:36
December 20 2008 08:00 GMT
#145
It's the superfluous language. It's not entertaining when they make a big fuss out of the most ordinary, mundane things, and commentate on basic of the basic features or actions and make them sound more important than they really are.

"Holy christ mary and joseph!!!"
"Wah happened?"
"He's throwing down TONS of pressure on his opponent OMG I can't believe this!"
*1 marine shooting at a probe*
"Omg look at that shield regenerate!! He's sooo good!!!"

Anyway I always thought the OGN casters are very knowledgeable, Overlord's hunches are often right on the money.
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
Eury
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden1126 Posts
December 20 2008 09:22 GMT
#146
On December 20 2008 13:03 swat wrote:
Why are people complaining about the minimal death animations... if I remember correctly people were complaining before that the death animations were too much and distracted from the battle...

/shrug.


I wish the death animations were more distinctive and easier to make out, Marauders comes to mind for an example.
Also I think it looks weird when units like Colossus pretty much got no death animation at all other than the blue cloud thing it shares with several other protoss units. How to fix that without being obstructing I'm don't know but I'm sure Blizzard can come up with something.

Death sounds for the units need to be more distinctive and better also but considering this is alpha I'm not up in arms about it, hopefully it will be improved upon for the beta.
I think the marine was perfect in that regard - both in animation and sound.
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
December 20 2008 09:57 GMT
#147
If you listen to all the death sounds you will notice half of them are recycled from SC1 so they better fix it
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
251
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1401 Posts
December 20 2008 10:00 GMT
#148
I thought the funniest bit was "OMG THIS IS SOOO CRUCIAL THAT PROBE SEES EVERYTHING" when its like ~2 minutes in the game and terran really couldn't have anything else besides his starting CC, maybe a refinery and a barracks.

That video made Terran look very overpowered in this build, particularly the marauders. I would've really liked to see some DT harass or siege tank cliffing, things that we are accustomed to seeing in BW but in its new form here. It would be nice to see classic strategies mixed in with the new ones and new units.
"If you can chill..........then chill."
Ki_Do
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)981 Posts
December 20 2008 10:12 GMT
#149
On December 20 2008 17:00 .risingdragoon wrote:


Anyway I always thought the OGN casters are very knowledgeable, Overlord's hunches are often right on the money.


they are, in most match ups they talk about the strategies better than some foreigns can execute that, and talk a lot about the mistakes of the players especially in late game TvZ when lots of expansions start to melt to imbalisks and terran balls
I've got a point, and i'm ready to kill or die for it.
Mazar
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States135 Posts
December 20 2008 10:14 GMT
#150
I really think we won't see hardly any units from BW seriously used in these battle reports. It seems that they really want to show off the new units and their new mechanics, which I think they do well so far. For example, instead of teching to colossus, it seems like one HT could have ruined that terrans day.
Peanut Butter
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5869 Posts
December 20 2008 11:12 GMT
#151
On December 20 2008 15:33 Waxangel wrote:
I'm pretty surprised you guys considered the commentary to be so poor. I guess as viewer of Korean pro-game TV, I'm very used to commentary having a somewhat 7:3 stress between keeping the game exciting, and providing useful strategic insight. I thought they did a great job on the first point, and the second point I didn't care about so much(because I assumed they were catering to a very broad, generic crowd).

I wonder what some of the other Korean speaking TL staff thinks? From my few observations on English language commentary, and the way people rate it, it seems that the TL crowd places a much higher premium on game knowledge, and not so much on pure entertainment value.


That type of commentary would've been much more appropriate if the players were actually at least decent (the T probably was, but his opponent didn't push him at all so the former played relaxed). ;;

There was harld anything to get excited about. That Probe scouting was lucky - he kept moving into Rine's range even though the Probe was faster and somehow managed to save that Probe. T___T
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
December 20 2008 11:28 GMT
#152
Direct download from here

http://games.on.net/file/23109/StarCraft_II_Battle_Report_1
#1 Terran hater
zobz
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada2175 Posts
December 20 2008 11:32 GMT
#153
I like the way it looks. The terrain and units are fairly undistracting. It's not as overly cartoony as war3 which is satisfying.

Thinking about the gameplay and skill ceiling, i'm sure almost Any bw player who's learned to play on standard maps could macro almost perfect in this game, which seems like too many players able to play that well, but then i think that this was a newb game with not much else going on. I think it looks like newbs could actually have a really fun game just like this match, and that really high level players could do alot to throw newbs off. I bet with really agressive expanding and mass harassments, a better player could bring multitasking into the game with a fairly high ceiling on how much. The game needs to be manufactured to make sure this is true, i think, and mbs/automine Might not be that bad.
"That's not gonna be good for business." "That's not gonna be good for anybody."
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
December 20 2008 11:45 GMT
#154
this game is omfg terribad

really sad

wont buy it
Wuselmops
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany346 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-20 12:39:25
December 20 2008 11:46 GMT
#155
i really miss spider mines, they had a unique and very micro-rewarding style, hellions are just commonplace rts units.

after all, the colossus seems like a good replacement for the reaver imho. the artwork is great, it goes perfect with an advanced alien race. it also adds to the strategic diversity, since reaver drop and high templar drop are very similar, but colossi by contrast cannot walk over water. they also seem micro-rewarding when properly used for hit+run attacks. the protoss in this battle for example could have retreated when the terran broke through the rocks at his expansion. (edit: if it really didn't kill the scvs that stopped moving it needs more damage of course.)

i agree with most people here that many units, especially workers, need more distinct death sounds, i wasn't able to determine how many scvs were killed. they all make the same generic grunt.
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-20 11:50:36
December 20 2008 11:47 GMT
#156
btw why does it look like they're playing on slower speed?

They start off their shitty show saying how fast paced is this game

A 8 years old can control units perfectly at this speed

so pissed

how could they fail so hard

looks even bigger fail than war3
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-20 12:22:06
December 20 2008 12:03 GMT
#157
HD version of the battlereport now available on youtube:
Part 1
Part 2
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Ota Solgryn
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark2011 Posts
December 20 2008 12:27 GMT
#158
wow the grafix are dissapointing....
when units die they just dissapear?? Even in bw the "corpses" stay on the ground for some time
ihasaKAROT: "Wish people would stop wasting their lives on finding flaws in others"
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
December 20 2008 12:47 GMT
#159
On December 20 2008 20:46 Wuselmops wrote:
i really miss spider mines


Spider mines are still in the game? It's the nighthawk that has them tho.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
GearitUP
Profile Joined November 2008
United States337 Posts
December 20 2008 12:55 GMT
#160
Anyone else believe the CC float is IMBA as fuck? I demand mineral patch on those islands... unfair IMO
Own<Owned<Ownt<Pwn<Pwned<PwnT< YOU NEWB!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 36
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1101
Mini 932
Shuttle 825
Soma 596
actioN 492
Rush 354
Light 311
Larva 304
Stork 271
ggaemo 249
[ Show more ]
BeSt 236
Horang2 211
Snow 176
Dewaltoss 134
hero 129
firebathero 127
Barracks 76
Aegong 74
Zeus 63
Liquid`Ret 50
Sexy 36
Shinee 36
Sharp 34
Shine 31
JYJ 31
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 23
sorry 16
zelot 16
Trap 14
Terrorterran 11
Rock 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9137
qojqva2208
Dendi845
420jenkins149
Counter-Strike
fl0m1305
Fnx 749
x6flipin643
pashabiceps176
edward64
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5604
Grubby1981
Other Games
singsing1383
B2W.Neo1014
byalli470
ceh9333
Mlord320
Beastyqt275
Khaldor251
DeMusliM163
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS141
KnowMe129
Trikslyr53
BRAT_OK 46
TKL 19
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile123
• Reevou 2
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• blackmanpl 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV411
League of Legends
• Nemesis2513
• TFBlade777
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 32m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.