• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:19
CEST 00:19
KST 07:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8999 users

[EP1] Starcraft 2 Battle Report #1 - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 22 Next All
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5871 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 17:28:12
December 21 2008 17:27 GMT
#241
I don't think Rekrul is credible, though. He's taken the path of the night - nothing that's not vagina can satisfy him anymore. T___T
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
December 21 2008 17:32 GMT
#242
Haha.... well it looks alright so far. I have to say I laughed when the announcers were acting like the toss had pulled a pimpest play with his probe running around a single marine.

Also, eesh the game probably needs some re-balancing. Obviously it's just alpha, but mass marauders/hellions was hilariously powerful. And marauders taking down colossi was just silly. I really thought that "concussion" missiles were going to be anti-infantry. We didn't see a single tank, and only ever saw like 4 marines.
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 17:39:50
December 21 2008 17:39 GMT
#243
On December 22 2008 02:27 maybenexttime wrote:
I don't think Rekrul is credible, though. He's taken the path of the night - nothing that's not vagina can satisfy him anymore. T___T

More like the path of the troll.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Ki_Do
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)981 Posts
December 21 2008 17:49 GMT
#244
we shouldnt be obbligated to use certain units every time =/
the more the freedom the more build orders you can use, and that mean more complex gameplay

ps:and no im not defending star2 i am still worried and will whine till death about macro.
=)
I've got a point, and i'm ready to kill or die for it.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 18:15:27
December 21 2008 18:14 GMT
#245
I defend Starcraft 2 because, even tho BW its probably the best RTS out there, its not a game that catters to me multiplayer wise, Its too old and rusty, sometimes I think that until most famous proplayers migrated (if they ever will) id still watch the BW leagues, and etc..

But as for the game I want to play, as a "noob" I want something new, fresh, and smoother than BW, I dont think ill be pro from night to day, but with enought practice, automine and MBS, I might be able to execute better tatics, have more clearness to think my decisions thro, and have more fun overall because I will feel like my mistakes will cause my defeat, and not my inability to play the game because of its high requirements.

Im not looking foward to BW 3d, im looking foward to SC2, I want easier macro so I can play and have a better shot against any of you guys, be ready because I will own you all in sc2.

HA
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
UmmTheHobo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States650 Posts
December 21 2008 18:18 GMT
#246
I think Starcraft 2 will be bad for the following reasons.

1. Up to date graphics.
2. Cool explosions.
3. Xel'Naga Watchtowers.
4. Some units look too big.
5. The guy using the colossus sucked balls so the colossus must suck balls.
6. I am in denial that units in Starcraft 2 can turn around and shoot like they did in Broodwar.
7. Nostalgia.
8. They took out the firebat.
9. All the reasons listed above.
10. More reasons that I will think of later.
...
Ki_Do
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)981 Posts
December 21 2008 18:20 GMT
#247
On December 22 2008 03:14 D10 wrote:
I defend Starcraft 2 because, even tho BW its probably the best RTS out there, its not a game that catters to me multiplayer wise, Its too old and rusty, sometimes I think that until most famous proplayers migrated (if they ever will) id still watch the BW leagues, and etc..

But as for the game I want to play, as a "noob" I want something new, fresh, and smoother than BW, I dont think ill be pro from night to day, but with enought practice, automine and MBS, I might be able to execute better tatics, have more clearness to think my decisions thro, and have more fun overall because I will feel like my mistakes will cause my defeat, and not my inability to play the game because of its high requirements.

Im not looking foward to BW 3d, im looking foward to SC2, I want easier macro so I can play and have a better shot against any of you guys, be ready because I will own you all in sc2.

HA


this is why you defend star2
this is why i attack it.
I've got a point, and i'm ready to kill or die for it.
UmmTheHobo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States650 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 18:25:44
December 21 2008 18:25 GMT
#248
On December 22 2008 03:20 Ki_Do wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2008 03:14 D10 wrote:
I defend Starcraft 2 because, even tho BW its probably the best RTS out there, its not a game that catters to me multiplayer wise, Its too old and rusty, sometimes I think that until most famous proplayers migrated (if they ever will) id still watch the BW leagues, and etc..

But as for the game I want to play, as a "noob" I want something new, fresh, and smoother than BW, I dont think ill be pro from night to day, but with enought practice, automine and MBS, I might be able to execute better tatics, have more clearness to think my decisions thro, and have more fun overall because I will feel like my mistakes will cause my defeat, and not my inability to play the game because of its high requirements.

Im not looking foward to BW 3d, im looking foward to SC2, I want easier macro so I can play and have a better shot against any of you guys, be ready because I will own you all in sc2.

HA


this is why you defend star2
this is why i attack it.


Are you scared? Are you afraid that someone you thought was a lesser person will come out on top in the only thing you can judge people by, Starcraft?

Easier Macro does NOT mean noobs will pwn. It just means There will be more time to think of strategy and execute micro.
...
Ki_Do
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)981 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 18:37:14
December 21 2008 18:36 GMT
#249
everything about macro has already been said in another posts/topics for months, im not taking this ahead, what i know is that i will keep whiining cause the only one who cares about what i think is me, and the least i can do for myself is expressing it, if i and the ones who agree will win or not, who knows, at least i still got brood war and if it fall too, w/e, gg no re .
I've got a point, and i'm ready to kill or die for it.
NatsuTerran
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States364 Posts
December 21 2008 18:43 GMT
#250
On December 22 2008 03:25 UmmTheHobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2008 03:20 Ki_Do wrote:
On December 22 2008 03:14 D10 wrote:
I defend Starcraft 2 because, even tho BW its probably the best RTS out there, its not a game that catters to me multiplayer wise, Its too old and rusty, sometimes I think that until most famous proplayers migrated (if they ever will) id still watch the BW leagues, and etc..

But as for the game I want to play, as a "noob" I want something new, fresh, and smoother than BW, I dont think ill be pro from night to day, but with enought practice, automine and MBS, I might be able to execute better tatics, have more clearness to think my decisions thro, and have more fun overall because I will feel like my mistakes will cause my defeat, and not my inability to play the game because of its high requirements.

Im not looking foward to BW 3d, im looking foward to SC2, I want easier macro so I can play and have a better shot against any of you guys, be ready because I will own you all in sc2.

HA


this is why you defend star2
this is why i attack it.


Are you scared? Are you afraid that someone you thought was a lesser person will come out on top in the only thing you can judge people by, Starcraft?

Easier Macro does NOT mean noobs will pwn. It just means There will be more time to think of strategy and execute micro.

No, easier mechanics just dumbs down the mechanical side of the game. Now instead of people needing to be skilled in multiple departments, they are only skilled in one. The effects of hard practice will also be minimized. I've seen it happen in dozens of sequels, and SC2 isn't an exception.
MuR)Ernu
Profile Joined September 2008
Finland768 Posts
December 21 2008 18:45 GMT
#251
SC2 will be okay as casual "lets kill some time" game, i'll give it that. but still, like Ki_Do, i too will whine about sc2, or maybe not whine all the time but i will hate it anyways.
UmmTheHobo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States650 Posts
December 21 2008 18:53 GMT
#252
Do you really think Multiple building selection will make THAT big of a deal. Omg, instead of pushing
1z2z3z4z5z I press zzzzz, any fucktard can press 1z2z3z4z5z with ten minutes of practice. Auto-mine WILL be taken out when beta comes out because that actually makes a difference.
...
Ki_Do
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)981 Posts
December 21 2008 18:56 GMT
#253
im not explaning this to you, if someone wants to explain the whole thing please feel free.
I've got a point, and i'm ready to kill or die for it.
Insane Lane
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States397 Posts
December 21 2008 19:08 GMT
#254
Colussus needs to stop sucking, wtf.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
December 21 2008 19:25 GMT
#255
On December 22 2008 03:56 Ki_Do wrote:
im not explaning this to you, if someone wants to explain the whole thing please feel free.


Yea, even I know how much it will impact the game, im just on the other side of the table

I still think the better player will always win tho.
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 19:48:05
December 21 2008 19:42 GMT
#256
On December 22 2008 03:25 UmmTheHobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2008 03:20 Ki_Do wrote:
On December 22 2008 03:14 D10 wrote:
I defend Starcraft 2 because, even tho BW its probably the best RTS out there, its not a game that catters to me multiplayer wise, Its too old and rusty, sometimes I think that until most famous proplayers migrated (if they ever will) id still watch the BW leagues, and etc..

But as for the game I want to play, as a "noob" I want something new, fresh, and smoother than BW, I dont think ill be pro from night to day, but with enought practice, automine and MBS, I might be able to execute better tatics, have more clearness to think my decisions thro, and have more fun overall because I will feel like my mistakes will cause my defeat, and not my inability to play the game because of its high requirements.

Im not looking foward to BW 3d, im looking foward to SC2, I want easier macro so I can play and have a better shot against any of you guys, be ready because I will own you all in sc2.

HA


this is why you defend star2
this is why i attack it.


Are you scared? Are you afraid that someone you thought was a lesser person will come out on top in the only thing you can judge people by, Starcraft?

Easier Macro does NOT mean noobs will pwn. It just means There will be more time to think of strategy and execute micro.

..
Reasons I should not ban you:
1. It's christmas.
2..............
Help me out here.

Seriously - can people stop the whole "are you scared" bullshit? 99.99% of the people on this forum would benefit hugely from MBS and Automine when playing the pros.

Btw, more time to think is completely wrong - you think while you execute, it's not like I go "oh man I'm gonna do this totally sweet thing - oh wait let's make some SCVs - .. ah where was I? Nvm let's ling rush".

I'm not really against the new UI features, I think with the proper metagame the game could still be as demanding as SC (ie all the MBS and automining features are irrelevant in ZvZ but it's still hugely demanding*), but more time to think isn't much of an argument for why they should be there.

* I'm not suggesting all the matchups be like ZvZ, I just mean that if the optimal way to play the matchup is extremely harass/multitask heavy then those actions will simply replace MBS/automining.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
ramen247
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1256 Posts
December 21 2008 19:47 GMT
#257
On December 21 2008 21:11 PH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2008 20:50 SaharaDrac wrote:
You guys are absolutely, mind-blowingly ridiculous.

Considering how much of most of our lives BW takes up, if SC2 is going to replace BW, it had better be near damn perfect... :\


if you think like that...the best thing blizzard cud do is just release bw again in a different box....

you guys are very closeminded about this. these guys as you could see were not GOOD. would you guys watch a game in BW played by a couple of 40 apm noobs? NO. cuz that wud be a bore.

in sc2, these 40 apm guys were playing, but it was still INTERESTING. you could feel that gameflow and who was obviously winning and you could anticipate and predict what would happen. if you want sc's simplicity, you can just turn down the texture settings.

this was a freaking demonstrational vid. you are not the ones playing. im sure if you were actualy playing, you would really like how sc2 plays out. if you are actually playing it you can distinguish btwn the units easily.



and about the banshee thing. im pretty sure its 2 banshee hits = 1 probe. so? its like a vulture...
i hate this ugly firebat. i want a marine.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
December 21 2008 19:55 GMT
#258
2. You're too soft, nice, and merciful.
3. Having to moderate the SC2 forum hasn't even hardened your heart

I've always wondered what TL would be like if the B.net forum posters started posting here. I fear the future of this forum once the beta comes out.
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
ramen247
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1256 Posts
December 21 2008 19:56 GMT
#259
AND....

why are you guys so angry about MBS. sure it will give newbs easier time, but it will also make players taht have good macro into macro gods.

referencing to the DAN stapleton i think article. "speed freaks"

dan wants a slower speed so he can keep up. but a slower speed will still resultin him losing horribly, as last romantic, who gets a slower speed benefit as well, will abuse this to perfect his macro, micro mechanics in general.

sure dan gets a boost, but LR gets a boost too. its the same.
i hate this ugly firebat. i want a marine.
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 20:01:10
December 21 2008 20:00 GMT
#260
FA you must be so tired of having to constantly repeat the same things that's been said so many times already. This forum could use a FAQ
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE136
Nina 130
Nathanias 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16150
Artosis 323
White-Ra 316
ToSsGirL 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever312
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3878
Counter-Strike
fl0m1352
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox484
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1893
Liquid`Hasu1330
Trikslyr51
Other Games
summit1g6476
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1561
shahzam576
C9.Mang0271
JimRising 228
Mew2King60
ZombieGrub57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 37
• davetesta26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Scarra1031
• Shiphtur223
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 41m
OSC
14h 41m
Stellar Fest
14h 41m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.