• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7550 users

SC2 Power Rank: September 2019 - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
297 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 11:16:53
September 17 2019 11:14 GMT
#121
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

User was warned for this post.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
stilt
Profile Joined October 2012
France2755 Posts
September 17 2019 11:43 GMT
#122
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!


Wtf is that, you're literaly going insane Oo
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
September 17 2019 13:36 GMT
#123
On September 17 2019 20:43 stilt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!


Wtf is that, you're literaly going insane Oo


Serral's success is slowly driving our Deacon friend mad.
Don't worry, just wait for Maru to win the next Code S and he will be back in shape; meanwhile, let's all openly worship any kind of Starleague ever existed, we'll give him hope and strenght.
Shuffleblade
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 14:21:03
September 17 2019 14:19 GMT
#124
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.
Maru, Bomber, TY, Dear, Classic, DeParture and Rogue!
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
September 17 2019 14:32 GMT
#125
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
HeroSandro
Profile Joined July 2019
542 Posts
September 17 2019 14:35 GMT
#126
On September 17 2019 23:32 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.


To be fair, Serral has won multiple tournaments with "real" competition.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
September 17 2019 14:40 GMT
#127
On September 17 2019 23:35 HeroSandro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:32 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.


To be fair, Serral has won multiple tournaments with "real" competition.

so have like 20 koreans
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
KobeSteak
Profile Joined August 2019
39 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 14:44:13
September 17 2019 14:43 GMT
#128
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.


Good post.

To add to your point. It took Maru 6-7 years and ~15 GSL tries to make it to his first Code S finals.

Most of Serral lost from 2018 till now was to the eventual tournament champion. e.g sOO, Inno, stats, Rey. Cant say the same for Maru lost

Then again, then only thing left for the Serral haters/ Maru fans is "Serral is dodging GSL! where real competition is at!"

Serral has said many times he will not play in GSL because it is not financially worth it. If all the haters wants to see him play in GSL, go create a "go fund me" for $100,000 and sponsor Serral to go and make it worth his time. All these haters need to put money where their mouth is, otherwise sit down, shut up, and witness greatness
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 14:44:59
September 17 2019 14:43 GMT
#129
On September 17 2019 23:40 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:35 HeroSandro wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:32 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.


To be fair, Serral has won multiple tournaments with "real" competition.

so have like 20 koreans


So many tournaments in so little time, being this dominant? Very few koreans.
And, to this, you have to add Serral's "worthless" WCS victories.

Also, to KobeSteak: Serral not going to Code S has nothing to do with money, it's because he doesn't want to stay in korea for more than three months. If Code S would last one month, maybe six week, Serral would go for sure.
KobeSteak
Profile Joined August 2019
39 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 14:51:38
September 17 2019 14:51 GMT
#130
On September 17 2019 23:43 Xain0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:40 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:35 HeroSandro wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:32 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.


To be fair, Serral has won multiple tournaments with "real" competition.

so have like 20 koreans


So many tournaments in so little time, being this dominant? Very few koreans.
And, to this, you have to add Serral's "worthless" WCS victories.

Also, to KobeSteak: Serral not going to Code S has nothing to do with money, it's because he doesn't want to stay in korea for more than three months. If Code S would last one month, maybe six week, Serral would go for sure.


Can someone else confirm this for me as well? I'm pretty sure he mention it was because he didn't want to be away from his family and money. I could be wrong

Thanks for pointing this out
HeroSandro
Profile Joined July 2019
542 Posts
September 17 2019 14:51 GMT
#131
On September 17 2019 23:40 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:35 HeroSandro wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:32 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.


To be fair, Serral has won multiple tournaments with "real" competition.

so have like 20 koreans


Great for those koreans! I really liked DRG in the olden days.
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
September 17 2019 15:07 GMT
#132
On September 17 2019 23:51 KobeSteak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:43 Xain0n wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:40 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:35 HeroSandro wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:32 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.


To be fair, Serral has won multiple tournaments with "real" competition.

so have like 20 koreans


So many tournaments in so little time, being this dominant? Very few koreans.
And, to this, you have to add Serral's "worthless" WCS victories.

Also, to KobeSteak: Serral not going to Code S has nothing to do with money, it's because he doesn't want to stay in korea for more than three months. If Code S would last one month, maybe six week, Serral would go for sure.


Can someone else confirm this for me as well? I'm pretty sure he mention it was because he didn't want to be away from his family and money. I could be wrong

Thanks for pointing this out


Protosser is in Korea at the moment.
Serral's interview on TL after HSC(or BlizzCon) is the one where he openly states time is the biggest issues(Serral doesn't mind going to korea); he never mentioned money, as far as I know.

deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 15:15:35
September 17 2019 15:12 GMT
#133
On September 17 2019 23:43 KobeSteak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.


Good post.

To add to your point. It took Maru 6-7 years and ~15 GSL tries to make it to his first Code S finals.

Most of Serral lost from 2018 till now was to the eventual tournament champion. e.g sOO, Inno, stats, Rey. Cant say the same for Maru lost

Then again, then only thing left for the Serral haters/ Maru fans is "Serral is dodging GSL! where real competition is at!"

Serral has said many times he will not play in GSL because it is not financially worth it. If all the haters wants to see him play in GSL, go create a "go fund me" for $100,000 and sponsor Serral to go and make it worth his time. All these haters need to put money where their mouth is, otherwise sit down, shut up, and witness greatness

It took SErral 6 years to win something, you realize he started playing much sooner than 2018, do you?

Edit> We can say the same for you, fund MAru for a WCS, get the visas going, get him the monies and I bet with enough money he will go to the WCS Put the money where your mouth is? It works both way
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
KobeSteak
Profile Joined August 2019
39 Posts
September 17 2019 15:17 GMT
#134
On September 18 2019 00:07 Xain0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:51 KobeSteak wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:43 Xain0n wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:40 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:35 HeroSandro wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:32 Charoisaur wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
[quote]

This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.

Yeah surprise surprise - if you avoid the real competition you tend to lose less.
Maybe Maru should start just not playing in weekend tournaments. That way people would worship him as much for being invincible as they do with Serral.


To be fair, Serral has won multiple tournaments with "real" competition.

so have like 20 koreans


So many tournaments in so little time, being this dominant? Very few koreans.
And, to this, you have to add Serral's "worthless" WCS victories.

Also, to KobeSteak: Serral not going to Code S has nothing to do with money, it's because he doesn't want to stay in korea for more than three months. If Code S would last one month, maybe six week, Serral would go for sure.


Can someone else confirm this for me as well? I'm pretty sure he mention it was because he didn't want to be away from his family and money. I could be wrong

Thanks for pointing this out


Protosser is in Korea at the moment.
Serral's interview on TL after HSC(or BlizzCon) is the one where he openly states time is the biggest issues(Serral doesn't mind going to korea); he never mentioned money, as far as I know.



Just want another poster to confirm this before I edited out the money part in my previous post

Noa Greenini
Profile Joined April 2015
265 Posts
September 17 2019 15:33 GMT
#135
On September 18 2019 00:12 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2019 23:43 KobeSteak wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.


Good post.

To add to your point. It took Maru 6-7 years and ~15 GSL tries to make it to his first Code S finals.

Most of Serral lost from 2018 till now was to the eventual tournament champion. e.g sOO, Inno, stats, Rey. Cant say the same for Maru lost

Then again, then only thing left for the Serral haters/ Maru fans is "Serral is dodging GSL! where real competition is at!"

Serral has said many times he will not play in GSL because it is not financially worth it. If all the haters wants to see him play in GSL, go create a "go fund me" for $100,000 and sponsor Serral to go and make it worth his time. All these haters need to put money where their mouth is, otherwise sit down, shut up, and witness greatness

It took SErral 6 years to win something, you realize he started playing much sooner than 2018, do you?

Edit> We can say the same for you, fund MAru for a WCS, get the visas going, get him the monies and I bet with enough money he will go to the WCS Put the money where your mouth is? It works both way


It would work both ways if they were hating on Maru lmao, but they don't so no. The onus is on you ;-) people like you make me a Serral fanboy because reading you squirm is just so satisfying, and as a Terran player I'm neither upset when Serral loses :-)
Noa Greenini looks like the superior LR poster - Charoisaur 04/05/2019 (Serral vs Showtime match)
MyLovelyLurker
Profile Joined April 2007
France756 Posts
September 17 2019 15:37 GMT
#136
On September 18 2019 00:12 deacon.frost wrote:

Edit> We can say the same for you, fund MAru for a WCS, get the visas going, get him the monies and I bet with enough money he will go to the WCS Put the money where your mouth is? It works both way


That's called GSL vs the World, and we know how that tends to play out for Maru...

If you're calling on weekenders to help your case, your whataboutism is grasping at straws.

Since Jan18, Serral is 80%+ winrate in matches vs Koreans, Maru is 65% (66% vs 60% in games respectively). Can we discuss these facts, instead of location hypotheticals ?
"I just say, it doesn't matter win or lose, I just love Starcraft 2, I love this game, I love this stage, just play like in practice" - TIME/Oliveira
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 17:25:55
September 17 2019 15:39 GMT
#137
On September 18 2019 00:33 Noa Greenini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 00:12 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:43 KobeSteak wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.


Good post.

To add to your point. It took Maru 6-7 years and ~15 GSL tries to make it to his first Code S finals.

Most of Serral lost from 2018 till now was to the eventual tournament champion. e.g sOO, Inno, stats, Rey. Cant say the same for Maru lost

Then again, then only thing left for the Serral haters/ Maru fans is "Serral is dodging GSL! where real competition is at!"

Serral has said many times he will not play in GSL because it is not financially worth it. If all the haters wants to see him play in GSL, go create a "go fund me" for $100,000 and sponsor Serral to go and make it worth his time. All these haters need to put money where their mouth is, otherwise sit down, shut up, and witness greatness

It took SErral 6 years to win something, you realize he started playing much sooner than 2018, do you?

Edit> We can say the same for you, fund MAru for a WCS, get the visas going, get him the monies and I bet with enough money he will go to the WCS Put the money where your mouth is? It works both way


It would work both ways if they were hating on Maru lmao, but they don't so no. The onus is on you ;-) people like you make me a Serral fanboy because reading you squirm is just so satisfying, and as a Terran player I'm neither upset when Serral loses :-)

Imma not hating on Serral, I'm just saying he's not banjo nor any other term because he's playing the best rarely and even then doesn't dominate them per se

His domination is following

nothing. nothing. ST, Blizzcon, HSC. nothing. nothing. ST. I consider him top4 player so his domination should be winning the tourney, shouldn't it?

I don't get where you get I'm hating on SErral, I hate SErral fans, I don't hate him personally. At least not yet, but his fans are getting me there slowly.

Edit> missed one nothing for ROG but feel free to fill in the Korean tourneys he dominated.

Edit2> disagreeing is now hating? wonderful world we live in

Top late edit> BTW I don't think he failed or did bad at the "nothing" tourneys, but he didn't dominate them nor the scene. He is playing awesome SC2 for a foreigner. He's very consistent and for sure the top4 player. But there always be the question - what if he played more often against Koreans? (because the more you play them the more they know you and the more you lose)
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
September 17 2019 17:26 GMT
#138
On September 18 2019 00:37 MyLovelyLurker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 00:12 deacon.frost wrote:

Edit> We can say the same for you, fund MAru for a WCS, get the visas going, get him the monies and I bet with enough money he will go to the WCS Put the money where your mouth is? It works both way


That's called GSL vs the World, and we know how that tends to play out for Maru...

If you're calling on weekenders to help your case, your whataboutism is grasping at straws.

Since Jan18, Serral is 80%+ winrate in matches vs Koreans, Maru is 65% (66% vs 60% in games respectively). Can we discuss these facts, instead of location hypotheticals ?

Which is even more impressive than it looks really as Serral tends to only be playing elite Koreans when he does meet them in a tournament.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
tigon_ridge
Profile Joined March 2019
482 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 18:46:12
September 17 2019 18:19 GMT
#139
On September 18 2019 00:39 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 00:33 Noa Greenini wrote:
On September 18 2019 00:12 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:43 KobeSteak wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.


Good post.

To add to your point. It took Maru 6-7 years and ~15 GSL tries to make it to his first Code S finals.

Most of Serral lost from 2018 till now was to the eventual tournament champion. e.g sOO, Inno, stats, Rey. Cant say the same for Maru lost

Then again, then only thing left for the Serral haters/ Maru fans is "Serral is dodging GSL! where real competition is at!"

Serral has said many times he will not play in GSL because it is not financially worth it. If all the haters wants to see him play in GSL, go create a "go fund me" for $100,000 and sponsor Serral to go and make it worth his time. All these haters need to put money where their mouth is, otherwise sit down, shut up, and witness greatness

It took SErral 6 years to win something, you realize he started playing much sooner than 2018, do you?

Edit> We can say the same for you, fund MAru for a WCS, get the visas going, get him the monies and I bet with enough money he will go to the WCS Put the money where your mouth is? It works both way


It would work both ways if they were hating on Maru lmao, but they don't so no. The onus is on you ;-) people like you make me a Serral fanboy because reading you squirm is just so satisfying, and as a Terran player I'm neither upset when Serral loses :-)

Imma not hating on Serral, I'm just saying he's not banjo nor any other term because he's playing the best rarely and even then doesn't dominate them per se

His domination is following

nothing. nothing. ST, Blizzcon, HSC. nothing. nothing. ST. I consider him top4 player so his domination should be winning the tourney, shouldn't it?

I don't get where you get I'm hating on SErral, I hate SErral fans, I don't hate him personally. At least not yet, but his fans are getting me there slowly.

Edit> missed one nothing for ROG but feel free to fill in the Korean tourneys he dominated.

Edit2> disagreeing is now hating? wonderful world we live in

Top late edit> BTW I don't think he failed or did bad at the "nothing" tourneys, but he didn't dominate them nor the scene. He is playing awesome SC2 for a foreigner. He's very consistent and for sure the top4 player. But there always be the question - what if he played more often against Koreans? (because the more you play them the more they know you and the more you lose)


Normally, I ignore your stupid rants, but whenever you post blatant misinfo, someone has to correct you. It's not just one HSC, it's two. In these so-called "nothings" you harp upon, he'd gone far into them, and (as was stated before many times by others) was only knocked out by the eventual winner, more often than not in close series. In every WCS, he did dominate most parts of them, having dropped very few maps.

"I don't hate him personally. At least not yet, but his fans are getting me there slowly."

As if you haven't alraedy exposed yourself already as an extremely partial and uninformed person, who needs to be corrected time and time again, you further compound that with this irrational statement to show that your mindset is so toxic and weak that it requires others to conform to your perspective. Otherwise, you go apes#@$ and may even hate on a totally undeserving person.

"But there always be the question - what if he played more often against Koreans? (because the more you play them the more they know you and the more you lose)".

Pointless statement. Hardly anyone wants to spend 2-3 months in a foreign country just for a mid-size tournament. Serral is playing against the Koreans frequently enough as it is. With IEM, WESG, two HSC, ROG, GSL vs TW, and WCS Final, there are plenty of opportunities for the Koreans to test themselves against the champion. You make it seem as if it's so few. Even if he does participate in one GSL, that would only be another one out of 8 total tournaments. It's moot.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-09-17 19:02:37
September 17 2019 18:59 GMT
#140
On September 18 2019 03:19 tigon_ridge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2019 00:39 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 18 2019 00:33 Noa Greenini wrote:
On September 18 2019 00:12 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:43 KobeSteak wrote:
On September 17 2019 23:19 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 20:14 deacon.frost wrote:
On September 17 2019 16:30 Shuffleblade wrote:
On September 17 2019 09:43 Nakajin wrote:
On September 17 2019 05:31 Dave4 wrote:
The moderators have deemed his conduct acceptable. Please refrain from calling people trolls unless a moderator has confirmed this to be the case.

User was temp banned for this post.


This post just became some weird meta statement.

Hahaha that made my day, that was amazing, like a prophet digging his own grave

Serral has been S class forever, if he wins blizzcon and homestory this year I'm starting to feel the B word. Or we should just make up a new word in SC2 for a player dominating as hard as Serral consistently for over a year.

Forever? e.g. 2015? or 2016? or 2017? Interesting claim.

Edit> also still no starleague When people were demanding this new word for Maru, many people went into BUT NO WEEKENDERS!@#!$!$ We can see he's bad at weekenders(he's not), so how about - BUT NO PREPARATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, HURR DURR!@#!$!$!

Haha indeed forever is an interesting claim

Forever in Starcraft 2 time that is :p No one ever has been as dominant as Serral for this long, usually even the best players win a tournament and then loses in RO8 for the next two tournaments.

You can't really compare Maru to Serral that way, Serral hasn't lost in GSL multiple times, he haven't tried. Maru has tried and failed multiple times (sure he has won as well and I wouldn't call him bad but not dominating) that two different situations.

I used to say wcs victories weren't worth shit and I believed any of the top 5 koreans could do what Serral did in wcs but I can't really claim that anymore can I. Not after seeing how strongly foreigners are showing up vs koreans.

I love Maru and I think you could argue for Maru being Bonjwa but 2018 he lost IEM vs Rogue in RO4, in super tournament he lost in RO8 vs Classic, in GSL vs the world he lost in RO4 vs Stats, in super tournament 2 he lost in RO8 vs sOs and at the world championship he lost in RO8 vs sOs. That is a bit too weak to be called bonjwa I would say. From may 2018 to today what tournaments have Serral lost?

Edit: Note that we are talking about tournaments he actually participated in.


Good post.

To add to your point. It took Maru 6-7 years and ~15 GSL tries to make it to his first Code S finals.

Most of Serral lost from 2018 till now was to the eventual tournament champion. e.g sOO, Inno, stats, Rey. Cant say the same for Maru lost

Then again, then only thing left for the Serral haters/ Maru fans is "Serral is dodging GSL! where real competition is at!"

Serral has said many times he will not play in GSL because it is not financially worth it. If all the haters wants to see him play in GSL, go create a "go fund me" for $100,000 and sponsor Serral to go and make it worth his time. All these haters need to put money where their mouth is, otherwise sit down, shut up, and witness greatness

It took SErral 6 years to win something, you realize he started playing much sooner than 2018, do you?

Edit> We can say the same for you, fund MAru for a WCS, get the visas going, get him the monies and I bet with enough money he will go to the WCS Put the money where your mouth is? It works both way


It would work both ways if they were hating on Maru lmao, but they don't so no. The onus is on you ;-) people like you make me a Serral fanboy because reading you squirm is just so satisfying, and as a Terran player I'm neither upset when Serral loses :-)

Imma not hating on Serral, I'm just saying he's not banjo nor any other term because he's playing the best rarely and even then doesn't dominate them per se

His domination is following

nothing. nothing. ST, Blizzcon, HSC. nothing. nothing. ST. I consider him top4 player so his domination should be winning the tourney, shouldn't it?

I don't get where you get I'm hating on SErral, I hate SErral fans, I don't hate him personally. At least not yet, but his fans are getting me there slowly.

Edit> missed one nothing for ROG but feel free to fill in the Korean tourneys he dominated.

Edit2> disagreeing is now hating? wonderful world we live in

Top late edit> BTW I don't think he failed or did bad at the "nothing" tourneys, but he didn't dominate them nor the scene. He is playing awesome SC2 for a foreigner. He's very consistent and for sure the top4 player. But there always be the question - what if he played more often against Koreans? (because the more you play them the more they know you and the more you lose)


Normally, I ignore your stupid rants, but whenever you post blatant misinfo, someone has to correct you. It's not just one HSC, it's two. In these so-called "nothings" you harp upon, he'd gone far into them, and (as was stated before many times by others) was only knocked out by the eventual winner, more often than not in close series. In every WCS, he did dominate most parts of them, having dropped very few maps.

"I don't hate him personally. At least not yet, but his fans are getting me there slowly."

As if you haven't alraedy exposed yourself already as an extremely partial and uninformed person, who needs to be corrected time and time again, you further compound that with this irrational statement to show that your mindset is so toxic and weak that it requires others to conform to your perspective. Otherwise, you go apes#@$ and may even hate on a totally undeserving person.

"But there always be the question - what if he played more often against Koreans? (because the more you play them the more they know you and the more you lose)".

Pointless statement. Hardly anyone wants to spend 2-3 months in a foreign country just for a mid-size tournament. Serral is playing against the Koreans frequently enough as it is. With IEM, WESG, two HSC, ROG, GSL vs TW, and WCS Final, there are plenty of opportunities for the Koreans to test themselves against the champion. You make it seem as if it's so few. Even if he does participate in one GSL, that would only be another one out of 8 total tournaments. It's moot.

he's not wrong on Serral fanboys on this website being extremely toxic though.
He's the best foreigner ever and one of the most dominant players we've seen but his fanboys for some reason aren't satisfied with that and constantly spew their propaganda that Serral is this untouchable god who dominates the game harder than anyone has ever before which is horseshit of course and the only reason he's even in consideration for "most dominant player" is that his results are massively boosted by region-locked WCS.
Remove those results and what's left? out of the last 7 non-WCS premier tournaments Serral won 4.
Impressive but not something other players haven't done before. Mvp, Zest, Life, Rogue, Maru and INnoVation have all had a similar streak.
But pointing this out makes you a hater in the mind of the TL-Serral-cult
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings57
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 155
SpeCial 119
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1527
Rain 1499
Artosis 599
910 58
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm129
League of Legends
Doublelift3505
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox204
Other Games
summit1g9106
shahzam584
JimRising 389
C9.Mang0353
PiGStarcraft256
Maynarde135
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• davetesta25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21694
Other Games
• imaqtpie810
• Shiphtur193
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 42m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 42m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 42m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.