• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:20
CEST 07:20
KST 14:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7039 users

2016 Season 3 Map Pool - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
167 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 06 2016 23:47 GMT
#21
On July 07 2016 08:44 looknohands119 wrote:
Really? Dasan Station? I thought Blizzard learned their lesson about how crappy backdoors into mains are all the way back with Blistering Sands. Well, looks like it will be a VERY popular veto so not too much of a problem, I guess.

I give that map one week before they say "it seems adding Dasan Station was not a very wise decision so we'll add back Dusk Towers"
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
July 06 2016 23:52 GMT
#22
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Rofl you're right. They took out the back rocks. How is Protoss going to take a natural?

It's a shame blizzard didn't contact you about this. Perhaps they could have included you like they did for jacky
$O$ | soO
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 06 2016 23:56 GMT
#23
On July 07 2016 08:52 iMrising wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Rofl you're right. They took out the back rocks. How is Protoss going to take a natural?

It's a shame blizzard didn't contact you about this. Perhaps they could have included you like they did for jacky

as I said in my post it remains to be checked if P can't wall both those entrances with 3 buildings + a pylon since the ramp seems small in the preview

Still a decision I can't understand...
Odowan Paleolithic
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
United States232 Posts
July 07 2016 00:12 GMT
#24
Personally I like building carriers on Dasan Station.


Shameless plug here for combating map pool woes. Map makers please get into contact with us. (I will try contact the map makers anyway).

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-tournaments/511333-esl-galactic-explorer-map-testing-tournament#1
I need a bigger fridge. I cannot hold all the Cheese that are given to me.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-07 00:30:33
July 07 2016 00:19 GMT
#25
On July 07 2016 08:56 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2016 08:52 iMrising wrote:
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Rofl you're right. They took out the back rocks. How is Protoss going to take a natural?

It's a shame blizzard didn't contact you about this. Perhaps they could have included you like they did for jacky

as I said in my post it remains to be checked if P can't wall both those entrances with 3 buildings + a pylon since the ramp seems small in the preview

Still a decision I can't understand...

It was absolutely not supposed to be that way, the whole design of the map was based on having a natural that you can take normally. They fundamentally changed how the map is going to play out and didn't say a word to me or anyone else.

Also the maps are published, so feel free to compare the correct version, named "DF Galactic Process" and what Blizzard decided they wanted, named "Galactic Process LE".
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
July 07 2016 01:01 GMT
#26
Lol, seems like the consensus on Dasan is a resounding, "What the actual shit Blizzard there goes 1 veto".
Coypirus
Profile Joined February 2015
119 Posts
July 07 2016 01:10 GMT
#27
What was blizzard thinking removing the natural rocks in Galactic Process?
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
July 07 2016 02:02 GMT
#28
On July 07 2016 10:10 Coypirus wrote:
What was blizzard thinking removing the natural rocks in Galactic Process?

you're implying that they actually had a rational thought process behind it
vibeo gane,
RhYS_1313_
Profile Joined April 2016
4 Posts
July 07 2016 03:31 GMT
#29
They stepped it up this season. Dasan is clearly a map where someone was like "let's bring a new start of 6-pool like cheeses"
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2665 Posts
July 07 2016 03:32 GMT
#30
At least they added back Cloud Kingdom and Ohana
DBS
Profile Joined July 2012
515 Posts
July 07 2016 03:32 GMT
#31
So glad dusk towers is gone, that map was so boring
"a pitchfork is for hay. a trident is for killing bitches." -djwheat
ilikeredheads
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1995 Posts
July 07 2016 03:38 GMT
#32
After 5 years and 2 expansions, Blizzard still can't make any rational choices on maps. Dasan Station WTF
TedBurtle
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
Belarus201 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-07 03:59:55
July 07 2016 03:58 GMT
#33
and whats about lader revamp? its alive next season? ;(

P.S. NVM, read begining of the post. sry for this post
Unbeatable Protoss
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
July 07 2016 04:11 GMT
#34
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Extremely disrespectful thing to do. I don't get why they ask for community map makers help and then make their own baffling changes anyway
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 07 2016 04:12 GMT
#35
well that was a short season
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
July 07 2016 04:18 GMT
#36
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Wow that's pretty disrespectful of them. Blizzard needs to know about this on Reddit and on their own forums. Is there a contact you can speak with as well? Or maybe speak to whoever was in charge of the map contest?
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 07 2016 04:27 GMT
#37
On July 07 2016 13:18 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Wow that's pretty disrespectful of them. Blizzard needs to know about this on Reddit and on their own forums. Is there a contact you can speak with as well? Or maybe speak to whoever was in charge of the map contest?

I don't really post on or browse reddit, but I plan on posting threads about it here on TL, as well as battle.net. Furthermore, there is a community summit taking place soon, where the concern will also be brought up(time permitting). I'm open to communication about making changes, even though I don't see why these changes were made. My problem is there was none, I heard Galactic Process would make ladder and I assumed it would be the exact map I gave to the admins of the TLMC. After all, I had heard nothing about any further changes. It really makes me question whether I want to make more SC2 maps, when even if I'm lucky enough to actually make ladder, I still get treated like a 2nd-class citizen under Blizzard's thumb, it's supremely galling.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
July 07 2016 07:38 GMT
#38
I'm fine with giving Galactic Process a shot. Dasan Station, though, is getting vetoed straight away.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
July 07 2016 07:55 GMT
#39
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Sounds disgusting it's basically like they are stealing your work lol
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
BEARDiaguz
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia2362 Posts
July 07 2016 07:55 GMT
#40
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.


I've got the TLMC version of GP open right now and I'm tabbing between that and the one Blizzard have previewed in their blog. They seem pretty similar, barring a couple layout and rock changes (the third's a wee bit different), I can't spot any visual differences besides.

I agree they shouldn't have changed your design without consulting and that their rock removal is bullshit but it doesn't seem as bad as you make out. Am I wrong?
ProgamerAustralian alcohol user follow @iaguzSC2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1301
910 97
Hyun 92
NotJumperer 62
Bale 41
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King134
Other Games
summit1g7357
Coldzera 732
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft396
PiGStarcraft241
C9.Mang0239
NeuroSwarm165
ViBE2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Lourlo1089
• Rush1032
• Stunt303
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 41m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 41m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 41m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.