• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:22
CEST 07:22
KST 14:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7106 users

2016 Season 3 Map Pool - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
167 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 08 2016 02:13 GMT
#121
On July 08 2016 11:06 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2016 11:00 NewSunshine wrote:
On July 08 2016 10:47 RCCar wrote:
On July 08 2016 10:45 Shellshock wrote:
Aren't the new paths on Dasan Station a problem? At least people were trying to take the gold bases before but now you can easily just walk behind the mineral patches of your opponent's gold because there are no rocks blocking that direction so what's the point of ever taking it?

Might have to do with how a more standard macro game was wanted;; kinda weird that the maker hasn't said anything about it, but looking at NewSunShine I think the maker himself may be oblivious;;

I just noticed this myself. If the changes to my map or Enekh's map were as minor as on Apotheosis, I couldn't really complain, but this is pretty serious.

Enekh made that change himself before the final vote didn't he?

I went back and checked, you're right, sorry. Don't know how much I agree with the change either way, but you're right, that was him and not Blizzard.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 03:20:06
July 08 2016 03:19 GMT
#122
On July 07 2016 08:11 NewSunshine wrote:
I don't know what map they've titled Galactic Process, but it's not my map, that's for sure. They made so many uncalled-for changes, they removed the backdoor rocks at the natural (have fun with that btw), they changed the tileset substantially, and they even redid almost all the doodads. Nobody said a word to me at any point about this, and they should be glad they didn't, because I wouldn't put this map on the ladder. What a supreme gesture of disrespect, to take something I so meticulously crafted, and take a hacksaw to it. There's a lot more I could say about this, but I'm shaking right now. Maybe later.

Blizzard can have their e-sport.

Blizzard doesn't realize that eSports was created by the community, not them. They try to take it and slap the "eSports" TM on it.

Sometimes I feel as though a common collective of eSports enthusiasts need to take Blizzard to court to remind them of this. I mean really, MLB isn't going to approach Johnny, his classmates, his parents and their parents and sue them for playing a game of baseball, recording it, and putting it on youtube at the same time that the world finals for MLB is going on. Likewise, MLB isn't going to approach the creator of the wooden baseball bat or the jerseys and say, "We don't like the colors of your jerseys. We're changing them for you."

Why should it be different for Starcraft eSports? Yeah, I know it's in the EULA, but I feel as though we as gamers hold the right to remind Blizzard that we pay for their product and we hold the right to use it however we want after we pay for it so long as we are not committing blatant or something that literally detriments Blizzard Entertainment.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 04:20:06
July 08 2016 04:12 GMT
#123
--- Nuked ---
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 04:19:29
July 08 2016 04:18 GMT
#124
On July 08 2016 13:12 Barrin wrote:
Show nested quote +
Either way, I don't think you understand. Nobody is disputing intellectual property, or whether or not Blizzard is allowed to do this. They're not talking about what is legally correct (which is what you keep talking about), they're talking about what is morally correct, because as this is a community affair, the morals - or lack thereof - that I see at play are a huge factor. If you're trying to build, or even retain(!) your community, what's legally correct doesn't matter for shit, people care about how you treat them. Put the legal doctrine away.

What you quoted was solely my own personal moral view, afaik.

I wasn't particularly addressing what you quoted there, but rather the way you've been responding throughout the thread. You keep talking about how everything is cool and I have no right to complaint, because in the EULA, Blizzard "is correct", when nobody but you is arguing about the EULA. If you want to strawman my point by linking it to an unrelated quote, I can simply not continue discussing this with you, because at this point you've contributed little more to the discussion than a troll.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
July 08 2016 04:29 GMT
#125
Maybe I'm out of line by making a fuss like I have, maybe I've just had the wrong idea about what to expect from mapmaking. I was never looking for money, fame, or anything ridiculous like that, I just wanted to make levels in a game that people could play on. I've been treating it like an art form, and so I've been expecting a level of artistic integrity, I've been expecting for a mapmaker's work to receive respect. And while, looking back now, the changes aren't deadly, it still served to break down this ideal I held in my heart. I thought, even while SC2 and its map scene are in decline, that I could still express myself through my work. Maybe I was expecting too much.

If reading my posts made your eyes roll, I'm sorry, I don't have anything left at this point. I'm just done.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
July 08 2016 04:31 GMT
#126
--- Nuked ---
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
July 08 2016 04:39 GMT
#127
--- Nuked ---
Atticus.axl
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
July 08 2016 04:40 GMT
#128
On July 08 2016 13:29 NewSunshine wrote:
I thought, even while SC2 and its map scene are in decline, that I could still express myself through my work. Maybe I was expecting too much.


There are plenty of us that recognize how important map makers are to esports going back to the beginning of Brood War and how bad it was for them at the beginning of SC2. I'm at least with you on this.
DoctorHelvetica <3
FrostPilot
Profile Joined August 2015
31 Posts
July 08 2016 04:49 GMT
#129
On July 08 2016 13:29 NewSunshine wrote:
I've been treating it like an art form

I - not a mapmaker on my own - share your point of view, to me a map is a piece of art and no second party should change anything without asking for permission first. Imaging a gallery owner would change a painting before showing it in an exhibition. Well, "Van Gogh's Roses" would be getting a lot of attraction, but I'm quite sure not many people would be happy if the sunflowers were replaced
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 04:53:47
July 08 2016 04:53 GMT
#130
On July 08 2016 13:49 FrostPilot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2016 13:29 NewSunshine wrote:
I've been treating it like an art form

I - not a mapmaker on my own - share your point of view, to me a map is a piece of art and no second party should change anything without asking for permission first. Imaging a gallery owner would change a painting before showing it in an exhibition. Well, "Van Gogh's Roses" would be getting a lot of attraction, but I'm quite sure not many people would be happy if the sunflowers were replaced

But Blizzard has the final say, it's out of my hands. It's just like I said, I expected too much. I didn't expect reaching my goals would feel like this. It hurts more than all 6 of the TLMC's I lost put together.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
July 08 2016 07:39 GMT
#131
On July 08 2016 13:40 Atticus.axl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2016 13:29 NewSunshine wrote:
I thought, even while SC2 and its map scene are in decline, that I could still express myself through my work. Maybe I was expecting too much.


There are plenty of us that recognize how important map makers are to esports going back to the beginning of Brood War and how bad it was for them at the beginning of SC2. I'm at least with you on this.


Well said. Don't despair NewSunshine, your map is awesome.
Revolutionist fan
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 08:12:50
July 08 2016 08:12 GMT
#132
Btw i think it's pretty hilarious that in 2016 we are now complaining about blizzard removing rocks from a map.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 08:30:08
July 08 2016 08:28 GMT
#133
On July 08 2016 07:16 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2016 06:41 Elentos wrote:
On July 08 2016 06:36 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On July 08 2016 06:34 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Maybe Blizzard will actually add the rocks, that might be the best form of actions

hopefully...

They have to, right? I mean this is possibly unplayable for Protoss vs Zerg, it's ugly for Terran vs Zerg, and I don't think this is okay for Terran vs Protoss either, but every Protoss would veto this because of PvZ so nobody could ever know for sure.

Only the Z match-ups would be problematic I think. If anything the rocks help T since you can park a tank behind the rocks. I would have no problems playing PvT on this version I think. But the lack of rocks in the corridor just destroys the Z mus I think (even ZvZ !). I mean no, maybe it doesn't destroy them ; after all Lerilak Crest was playableish... But it kills the intention of the map, and that's extremely disrespectful.

The wall you'd have to build to keep out adepts is pretty intense. You can't just put a smaller wall at the ramp and one at the pathway and be done, you gotta build this huge, stupid and expensive wall around your entire natural.

Which I assume would go for PvP as well, although I don't think adept all-ins are as common there.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 08:44:43
July 08 2016 08:33 GMT
#134
@NewSunshine, as I said multiple times before, I really dislike that they changed the underlying philosophy of your map without even bothering asking for permission ; that being said, I think the map will see lategame play at least in all P match-ups since you can actually wall quite well vs Z, this way :

[image loading]

I don't know if you can see the whole thing on the picture, but we'll just have to build gate + core on the low ground, and then with a well placed pylon behind the gas you can be fully walled with just 1 3hex building. Of course it's not an ideal wall since 1/ the Nexus and two pylons are part of it 2/ the mining at the second natural gas becomes slightly suboptimal, but it's far better than not being able to wall at all.

So overall I think the map can live with the change and still see the awesome lategame maneuvering it was designed for.

EDIT : I'm doing tests right now, New Gettysburg is tricky as hell to wall as well, and pathfinding with air blockers is REALLY shit.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 08:47:06
July 08 2016 08:45 GMT
#135
The natural on Galactic Process is wallable with 2 pylons, 3 gates (or 2 gates 1 cyber) just like on Endion, with the difference that both pylons will be exposed, the second pylon needs to be in a very precise spot and you don't have the collapsible rocks to protect you. The rocks do not impact the way you wall in, but not having them definitely makes scouting way harder. I'd say it's playable, unlike what Daedalus Point was like for instance, but on ladder especially Zerg is going to do all-in a lot, and win a lot with it, before Protoss can get most builds going (adept timings included):

[image loading]

[image loading]

edit: @wire, are you sure one pylon is enough to block the way behind the assimilator? it didn't look like it to me, and it definitely doesn't work on Endion.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
July 08 2016 08:57 GMT
#136
On July 08 2016 17:45 Teoita wrote:
The natural on Galactic Process is wallable with 2 pylons, 3 gates (or 2 gates 1 cyber) just like on Endion, with the difference that both pylons will be exposed, the second pylon needs to be in a very precise spot and you don't have the collapsible rocks to protect you. The rocks do not impact the way you wall in, but not having them definitely makes scouting way harder. I'd say it's playable, unlike what Daedalus Point was like for instance, but on ladder especially Zerg is going to do all-in a lot, and win a lot with it, before Protoss can get most builds going (adept timings included):

[image loading]

[image loading]

edit: @wire, are you sure one pylon is enough to block the way behind the assimilator? it didn't look like it to me, and it definitely doesn't work on Endion.

I double checked, it works. I agree with what you say, it makes the map harder to play but playable.
FromtheAbysS
Profile Joined August 2013
32 Posts
July 08 2016 08:58 GMT
#137
Galactic Process looks very similar to Cloud Kingdom. Good thing as this one was one of the best map ever made in sc2.
We will see...
Dasan Station is a joke. TvT, early zerglings rush, Pylons rush, 3 entries in the main,... so much fun.
The others look good but sad to say goodbye to Dusk Tower
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3554 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-08 10:11:42
July 08 2016 10:09 GMT
#138
Cloud Kingdom was my all time favourite map, but tbh it got destroyed by Medivac Boost and I'm sure Terrans would say MsCore->Blink as well. Excited to see how this one goes.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
July 08 2016 10:33 GMT
#139
Sad to say, but with a natural like that will be even worse than Lerilak crest with 2 attack paths. Sorry for the mapmaker, but this is going to be one of my veto's.
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
FromtheAbysS
Profile Joined August 2013
32 Posts
July 08 2016 12:03 GMT
#140
On July 08 2016 19:33 PinoKotsBeer wrote:
Sad to say, but with a natural like that will be even worse than Lerilak crest with 2 attack paths.


Yeah, Cloud Kingdom had a closed natural, easiest to defend than on Galactic . This path all around the map, from B2 to B4, looks pretty funny. Sneaky strats incoming on this map
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1267
910 103
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 62
Bale 36
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto21
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King358
Other Games
summit1g7255
Coldzera 732
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft371
PiGStarcraft241
C9.Mang0239
NeuroSwarm158
ViBE2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2154
League of Legends
• Lourlo1089
• Rush1052
• Stunt324
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 38m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 38m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 38m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.