• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:26
CEST 04:26
KST 11:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9245 users

WCS Grand Finals Post-Game Thread - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
227 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
November 09 2015 01:35 GMT
#121
On November 09 2015 08:41 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 08:37 Hider wrote:
Pretty boring series, and overall Blizzcon was pretty uninteresting. No idea why people thought it was great... or I guess I do. The casters were great at hyping up the games so (dumb) people get deceived into thinking the actual games were anything beyond mediocre.

Calling people dumb for not sharing your opinion is absurd

It is very polite of him to call people, who liked the final, as "dumb". I consider people like him, who watched a boring series on an uninteresting tournament, as idiots. And that is not very polite.

Can you imagine a person, who is watching players, he does not like, on a tournament, he does not like, watching game, he does not like at all, not being an idiot? And I would bet, he watched it till the bitter end. This is the kind of people, who did not invent the "switch off" button yet and just want to share with the whole world, how miserable their own life is.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Trizztein
Profile Joined August 2014
Canada45 Posts
November 09 2015 01:41 GMT
#122
On November 09 2015 10:32 GiveMeCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 05:54 Trizztein wrote:
3 of my friends (including someone I randomly met on twitch watching archon mode tournament and whom is now a great friend of mine) came over at my place to watch the semis and finals on my 55 inch TV screen in hi-res. The four of us rising from our chairs and shouting with excitement when Life sniped that warp-prism on that sixth map is a souvenir that will stay engraved in my hearth for the rest of my life. I never thought as a kid (I am now 26) that watching a game of a genre I've been in love with for such a long time could end-up forging such a happy reunion of people sharing a passion for a video game.

Or can we even say «video game» at that point?


Where do you live, I want friends who watch Starcraft


I live in downton Montreal, Canada. I actively look for more people willing to watch and share near me through twitch channels whenever I get the chance. If you're not too far away/are willing to come I'll be more happy to meet new SC lovers faces for next blizzcon or just another big SC event to come :D
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
November 09 2015 01:50 GMT
#123
On November 09 2015 09:54 cheekymonkey wrote:
I am absolutely shocked at the level of life's play, compared to his recent performances. Probably faking it for blizzcon.

Really? I'm rather shocked how many toptier protoss he has beaten lately with strategies that have been rather easily deflected for years. Also how INnoVation after ezpz-ing Life in g1 with a macro build switched gears and went for the oldest 2base nonesense around.
GiveMeCake
Profile Joined October 2010
148 Posts
November 09 2015 02:16 GMT
#124
On November 09 2015 10:41 Trizztein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 10:32 GiveMeCake wrote:
On November 09 2015 05:54 Trizztein wrote:
3 of my friends (including someone I randomly met on twitch watching archon mode tournament and whom is now a great friend of mine) came over at my place to watch the semis and finals on my 55 inch TV screen in hi-res. The four of us rising from our chairs and shouting with excitement when Life sniped that warp-prism on that sixth map is a souvenir that will stay engraved in my hearth for the rest of my life. I never thought as a kid (I am now 26) that watching a game of a genre I've been in love with for such a long time could end-up forging such a happy reunion of people sharing a passion for a video game.

Or can we even say «video game» at that point?


Where do you live, I want friends who watch Starcraft


I live in downton Montreal, Canada. I actively look for more people willing to watch and share near me through twitch channels whenever I get the chance. If you're not too far away/are willing to come I'll be more happy to meet new SC lovers faces for next blizzcon or just another big SC event to come :D

Ah I'm in Vancouver
I had a dream I moved to Korea to become a GSL champion. I slept in PC bangs and practiced only vs the PC. I named my self Death and faced Life in the finals. I beat him, but ended up dying as I killed his last building.
Roadog
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada1670 Posts
November 09 2015 02:33 GMT
#125
On November 09 2015 11:16 GiveMeCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 10:41 Trizztein wrote:
On November 09 2015 10:32 GiveMeCake wrote:
On November 09 2015 05:54 Trizztein wrote:
3 of my friends (including someone I randomly met on twitch watching archon mode tournament and whom is now a great friend of mine) came over at my place to watch the semis and finals on my 55 inch TV screen in hi-res. The four of us rising from our chairs and shouting with excitement when Life sniped that warp-prism on that sixth map is a souvenir that will stay engraved in my hearth for the rest of my life. I never thought as a kid (I am now 26) that watching a game of a genre I've been in love with for such a long time could end-up forging such a happy reunion of people sharing a passion for a video game.

Or can we even say «video game» at that point?


Where do you live, I want friends who watch Starcraft


I live in downton Montreal, Canada. I actively look for more people willing to watch and share near me through twitch channels whenever I get the chance. If you're not too far away/are willing to come I'll be more happy to meet new SC lovers faces for next blizzcon or just another big SC event to come :D

Ah I'm in Vancouver

Hi5 Vancouverbros!
sOs fan. Zerg just seem to have the most...potential. Dubbo Robo Colo! Why I play Protoss: Stalkers, bacon, toilets and mama -- Chelsea FC
NexT_SC2
Profile Joined May 2013
United States117 Posts
November 09 2015 02:39 GMT
#126
Man, if Life had won game 7 with that bust everyone would have gone ape sh**.
Taeja | Maru | Byun <3
swissman777
Profile Joined September 2014
1106 Posts
November 09 2015 03:39 GMT
#127
On November 09 2015 11:39 NexT_SC2 wrote:
Man, if Life had won game 7 with that bust everyone would have gone ape sh**.


All the reason why he deserved the win. Classic fell, but sOs didn't.
FusionCutter
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada974 Posts
November 09 2015 04:17 GMT
#128
On November 09 2015 08:47 flipstar wrote:
While I see where you're coming from (Reading norwegian newspapers before I've had a chance to watch UFC that went live in the middle of the night) it's pretty simple to avoid on tl. www.teamliquid.net/forum and you're covered in regards to forums&blogs&streams&events. Unless you're living under a rock and don't pay attention to events/news you know pretty much all the major tournaments that you will definitely watch and when to avoid news section.

There's surely plenty of good reasons for not having the spoiler part, likely more pros than cons over having it, from a TL or "content driven website" perspective. If I had "hide spoiler" on for example, I wouldn't read about tournaments I did in fact miss or not care about but that I would've read the news article about. This would be lost traffic on TL's part, and I would've lost a possibly interesting news article I would otherwise miss.

However TL, I've wondered how come you can't write an ambigious header like "WCS 2015 Champion crowned!" with a pixelated pic and trophy. Websites use shitty clickbait strategies all the time, so this must be something statistics support. I hate the "click to find out" strategy, but in this case it makes 100% sense as it's a win-win thing? You convey the message with a carrot being the answer, people who doesn't want to get spoiled doesn't.

Is the value of selling that sOs won higher than the value of clickbait?


Exactly.. Not everyone has a chance to watch it live, and to see it on the front page was so disappointing to see it spoiled so in your face, just to reach the VODs. I will have to be more careful for the future.
Maestro85
Profile Joined October 2014
Australia30 Posts
November 09 2015 04:28 GMT
#129
I thought the series was over during the Soul Train push of game 6. I was claiming it for sOs until his forces got wiped after the warp prism snipe. From that point up until the banes started bursting through his natural wall in game 7, I thought I'd called it way too early. It was so insanely tense watching the lings flood in. After watching him finally hold and stabilise, I was even more ecstatic when he pushed across the map and lay siege to Life's 3rd before the final battle at his natural. What an awesome end to an amazing series. I had so much fun watching. Cheers boys!
Dollar Sign 0 Dollar Sign :)
wstubzi
Profile Joined February 2015
New Zealand224 Posts
November 09 2015 06:34 GMT
#130
On November 08 2015 15:03 sdnnvs wrote:
The best race (Protoss) beats the best player (Life), IMO.

User was warned for this post


Should have been a ban, contributes nothing to the thread and is disrespectful ha.

It was and amazing finals and both players displayed exceptional skill imo.
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
November 09 2015 06:56 GMT
#131
On November 09 2015 13:17 FusionCutter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 08:47 flipstar wrote:
While I see where you're coming from (Reading norwegian newspapers before I've had a chance to watch UFC that went live in the middle of the night) it's pretty simple to avoid on tl. www.teamliquid.net/forum and you're covered in regards to forums&blogs&streams&events. Unless you're living under a rock and don't pay attention to events/news you know pretty much all the major tournaments that you will definitely watch and when to avoid news section.

There's surely plenty of good reasons for not having the spoiler part, likely more pros than cons over having it, from a TL or "content driven website" perspective. If I had "hide spoiler" on for example, I wouldn't read about tournaments I did in fact miss or not care about but that I would've read the news article about. This would be lost traffic on TL's part, and I would've lost a possibly interesting news article I would otherwise miss.

However TL, I've wondered how come you can't write an ambigious header like "WCS 2015 Champion crowned!" with a pixelated pic and trophy. Websites use shitty clickbait strategies all the time, so this must be something statistics support. I hate the "click to find out" strategy, but in this case it makes 100% sense as it's a win-win thing? You convey the message with a carrot being the answer, people who doesn't want to get spoiled doesn't.

Is the value of selling that sOs won higher than the value of clickbait?


Exactly.. Not everyone has a chance to watch it live, and to see it on the front page was so disappointing to see it spoiled so in your face, just to reach the VODs. I will have to be more careful for the future.

I second this.
Is VERY easy to just don't set a big photo of the winner of the event in the homepage. It spoiled the finals for me.
Chicken gank op
Naikonz
Profile Joined October 2014
Romania65 Posts
November 09 2015 08:01 GMT
#132
Remember the "Greatest Players of All Time" threads? The fact that they didn't include sOs in the Top 15 at first was pretty pathethic, but now the whole thing should be reconsidered. There is only one two-time World Champion in Starcraft 2 history, and his name is sOs.
Hok
Profile Joined April 2013
Canada42 Posts
November 09 2015 08:03 GMT
#133
In a difficult time in Starcraft history, this finals provided the much needed credibility, excitement and performance that we needed to see out of the two best in the world. Not only the grand final but also the whole event.

This couldn't have been better for our sport.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 09 2015 09:06 GMT
#134
On November 09 2015 17:01 Naikonz wrote:
Remember the "Greatest Players of All Time" threads? The fact that they didn't include sOs in the Top 15 at first was pretty pathethic, but now the whole thing should be reconsidered. There is only one two-time World Champion in Starcraft 2 history, and his name is sOs.

The problem with sOs is that he is not consistent. Even Classic, who can win GSL and 2 weeks later drop out of the next GSL , is more consistent
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-09 09:21:50
November 09 2015 09:09 GMT
#135
On November 09 2015 08:41 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 08:37 Hider wrote:
Pretty boring series, and overall Blizzcon was pretty uninteresting. No idea why people thought it was great... or I guess I do. The casters were great at hyping up the games so (dumb) people get deceived into thinking the actual games were anything beyond mediocre.

Calling people dumb for not sharing your opinion is absurd


I am not arguing that people aren't excited or didn't have fun watching the game. However, what is not debateable is whether the games contained high quality gameplay in terms of skillful micro, back-and-fourth gameplay and multitasking. Over the years of Sc1 and Sc2, those elements are all a big part of the most liked games.

On the other hand, this final contained very onesided, boring micro (no FF, roaches are Hydras are not fun to watch) with almost no multitasking. The only game that seemed remotely close was G6 before Life sniped the Warp Prism.

What people are doing is that they are confusing "I am excited/entertained" with "the games are good". People who cannot make such a a distinction demonstrates a basic lack of analytical abilities, and I categorize them as dumb.

If these games were played online w/ unhyped casters and where a WCS title wasn't on the line, noone would have thought the games would be anything more than meh'ish.
munch
Profile Joined July 2014
Mute City2363 Posts
November 09 2015 09:28 GMT
#136
On November 09 2015 17:01 Naikonz wrote:
Remember the "Greatest Players of All Time" threads? The fact that they didn't include sOs in the Top 15 at first was pretty pathethic, but now the whole thing should be reconsidered. There is only one two-time World Champion in Starcraft 2 history, and his name is sOs.


Because obviously future events should have been predicted at the time of writing
WriterForm is temporary, MMA is permanent || http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/508630-article-archive
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
November 09 2015 10:40 GMT
#137
On November 09 2015 18:28 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 17:01 Naikonz wrote:
Remember the "Greatest Players of All Time" threads? The fact that they didn't include sOs in the Top 15 at first was pretty pathethic, but now the whole thing should be reconsidered. There is only one two-time World Champion in Starcraft 2 history, and his name is sOs.


Because obviously future events should have been predicted at the time of writing


Well, I think his point is that sOs's impact on the scene didn't come overnight, and that it ought to have been appreciated beforehand.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 09 2015 10:44 GMT
#138
On November 09 2015 19:40 cheekymonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 18:28 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
On November 09 2015 17:01 Naikonz wrote:
Remember the "Greatest Players of All Time" threads? The fact that they didn't include sOs in the Top 15 at first was pretty pathethic, but now the whole thing should be reconsidered. There is only one two-time World Champion in Starcraft 2 history, and his name is sOs.


Because obviously future events should have been predicted at the time of writing


Well, I think his point is that sOs's impact on the scene didn't come overnight, and that it ought to have been appreciated beforehand.

Keep in mind that was stuchiu's article, and I believe criteria were, among others:

tournament wins (sOs has gotten 2 more since then)
consistency (sOs isn't very consistent)
peak skill (sOs does well in that department)
influence on the game (sOs doesn't influence the meta, he plays his own game)
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-09 10:45:00
November 09 2015 10:44 GMT
#139
On November 09 2015 18:09 Hider wrote:
What people are doing is that they are confusing "I am excited/entertained" with "the games are good". People who cannot make such a a distinction demonstrates a basic lack of analytical abilities, and I categorize them as dumb.


I think you just fail to appreciate the fact that there are a lot of other factors than strict quality of a game or a series that can make it good. There is also a lot of mind projection on your side it seems. It is kind of stupid to call people dumb because they felt the games were good, because you are obviously putting your own assumptions into what they are saying.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
November 09 2015 10:46 GMT
#140
On November 09 2015 19:40 cheekymonkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 18:28 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
On November 09 2015 17:01 Naikonz wrote:
Remember the "Greatest Players of All Time" threads? The fact that they didn't include sOs in the Top 15 at first was pretty pathethic, but now the whole thing should be reconsidered. There is only one two-time World Champion in Starcraft 2 history, and his name is sOs.


Because obviously future events should have been predicted at the time of writing


Well, I think his point is that sOs's impact on the scene didn't come overnight, and that it ought to have been appreciated beforehand.

It's always difficult to weight extreme, but short lived, achievement vs sustained achievement but not quite reaching the same level of success. Even now, I don't think anyone can make a case for sOs to be the GOAT, and probably not top 5. Somewhere between 6-10 all time is probably a good fit.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 512
NaDa 42
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9827
JimRising 772
WinterStarcraft260
ViBE113
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS59
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1481
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• davetesta47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush388
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 34m
INu's Battles
9h 34m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 34m
Replay Cast
20h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.