• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:56
CEST 07:56
KST 14:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

WCS Grand Finals Post-Game Thread - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
227 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 12 Next All
Trizztein
Profile Joined August 2014
Canada45 Posts
November 08 2015 20:54 GMT
#101
3 of my friends (including someone I randomly met on twitch watching archon mode tournament and whom is now a great friend of mine) came over at my place to watch the semis and finals on my 55 inch TV screen in hi-res. The four of us rising from our chairs and shouting with excitement when Life sniped that warp-prism on that sixth map is a souvenir that will stay engraved in my hearth for the rest of my life. I never thought as a kid (I am now 26) that watching a game of a genre I've been in love with for such a long time could end-up forging such a happy reunion of people sharing a passion for a video game.

Or can we even say «video game» at that point?
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-08 20:58:03
November 08 2015 20:56 GMT
#102
On November 09 2015 05:54 Trizztein wrote:
3 of my friends (including someone I randomly met on twitch watching archon mode tournament and whom is now a great friend of mine) came over at my place to watch the semis and finals on my 55 inch TV screen in hi-res. The four of us rising from our chairs and shouting with excitement when Life sniped that warp-prism on that sixth map is a souvenir that will stay engraved in my hearth for the rest of my life. I never thought as a kid (I am now 26) that watching a game of a genre I've been in love with for such a long time could end-up forging such a happy reunion of people sharing a passion for a video game.

Or can we even say «video game» at that point?

Yes, it's still a video game. But it's fine to treat it like any other sport or movie.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
November 08 2015 20:56 GMT
#103
video games can be as moving as any other medium or competition
Moderator
tar
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany991 Posts
November 08 2015 21:04 GMT
#104
On November 09 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 03:38 MrRee wrote:
Oh Teamliquid...back to frontpage headline spoilers of major tournaments. Lazy. Unprofessional. Maybe someday the people who run this site will learn to use their 'hide spoilers' function.


It's been this way for some time, and it isn't accidental


wait...what?! Why on earth would you do that?
whoever I pick for my anti team turns gosu
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
November 08 2015 21:06 GMT
#105
On November 09 2015 06:04 tar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
On November 09 2015 03:38 MrRee wrote:
Oh Teamliquid...back to frontpage headline spoilers of major tournaments. Lazy. Unprofessional. Maybe someday the people who run this site will learn to use their 'hide spoilers' function.


It's been this way for some time, and it isn't accidental


wait...what?! Why on earth would you do that?


I didnt know about it, but every professional sports website doesn't have it. I guess you could say it was to become more professional.
Moderator
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
November 08 2015 21:07 GMT
#106
On November 09 2015 05:54 Trizztein wrote:
3 of my friends (including someone I randomly met on twitch watching archon mode tournament and whom is now a great friend of mine) came over at my place to watch the semis and finals on my 55 inch TV screen in hi-res. The four of us rising from our chairs and shouting with excitement when Life sniped that warp-prism on that sixth map is a souvenir that will stay engraved in my hearth for the rest of my life. I never thought as a kid (I am now 26) that watching a game of a genre I've been in love with for such a long time could end-up forging such a happy reunion of people sharing a passion for a video game.

Or can we even say «video game» at that point?


Oh I know exactly what you mean, I've had more beautiful heartwarming moments of passion and joy watching SC2 then in many other activities.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
flipstar
Profile Joined January 2011
226 Posts
November 08 2015 21:25 GMT
#107
On November 09 2015 02:17 Taro134 wrote:
It all started with Zest gave sOs a chance to go to MSI for the sake of KT's proleague. He then won MSI, got enough points to blizzcon, came back, beat Zest twice, reverse all-kill KT to send them home, went to blizzcon, took away the champion from Life. This is sOs. You gave him champions, he fucks your whole team.


I want to print this post and put it on my wall. Beatiful.


sOs transcends protoss. I'm z, generally been and is a huge nestea / Life fan, but before this tournament I was like "Fuck, my heart says sOs". Dreamfinals for me, and a perfect ending to HOTS. My heart was racing "Will the last fucking game end with a 1 base bling all in??????" and sOs proceeds to clutch the hell out of the game.
tar
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany991 Posts
November 08 2015 21:53 GMT
#108
On November 09 2015 06:06 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 06:04 tar wrote:
On November 09 2015 04:33 Zealously wrote:
On November 09 2015 03:38 MrRee wrote:
Oh Teamliquid...back to frontpage headline spoilers of major tournaments. Lazy. Unprofessional. Maybe someday the people who run this site will learn to use their 'hide spoilers' function.


It's been this way for some time, and it isn't accidental


wait...what?! Why on earth would you do that?


I didnt know about it, but every professional sports website doesn't have it. I guess you could say it was to become more professional.


Well, I wholeheartedly have to disagree with this decision. TL isn't just another sports website. To me, it is the one and only major community page for sc2. I come here for streams, forums, blogs and, amongst those other things, for news. However, I have very limited time to spend on sc2 because of my job and Rl obligations. I can't watch many tournaments and when, once in a while, I find time to do so, it almost never is live in (also, keep in mind that TL has its audience spread over several time zones). Not being spoiler free anymore, TL is really making things hard for me and it definitely has ruined this wcs experience for me. Of course, that's just my situation and opinion, yet maybe there are others who feel that way too.
whoever I pick for my anti team turns gosu
Trizztein
Profile Joined August 2014
Canada45 Posts
November 08 2015 23:27 GMT
#109
On November 09 2015 05:56 stuchiu wrote:
video games can be as moving as any other medium or competition


In my family and community, I find it hard sometimes to convey the fact that it's actually possible to get hyped and really excited for people pressing buttons and clicking on a mouse at a computer. I see this is changing with time though and I am filled with hope when I look at an event at blizzcon and the wonders it can produce (like that final of SoS vs Life) For the video game label topic, I like to call it a «strategy game played on PC» when I present the game to people who don't know about it (with a smile though), so that the common bias against video games doesn't show up immediately.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
November 08 2015 23:30 GMT
#110
On November 09 2015 03:32 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 03:24 lolfail9001 wrote:
Actually, it just hit me how salty KT has to be now, as they granted sOs his bats.

I think they're more salty he reverse all-killed them (I'm repeating myself but Life over TY or Stats would have been better). If they'd let Zest go to MSI and lost, they would have missed the playoffs. That would have been much worse.

I meant metaphorical bats. Getting all-killed is one of those, since we all know sOs is hot streak playa.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-08 23:38:02
November 08 2015 23:37 GMT
#111
Pretty boring series, and overall Blizzcon was pretty uninteresting. No idea why people thought it was great... or I guess I do. The casters were great at hyping up the games so (dumb) people get deceived into thinking the actual games were anything beyond mediocre.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 08 2015 23:41 GMT
#112
On November 09 2015 08:37 Hider wrote:
Pretty boring series, and overall Blizzcon was pretty uninteresting. No idea why people thought it was great... or I guess I do. The casters were great at hyping up the games so (dumb) people get deceived into thinking the actual games were anything beyond mediocre.

Calling people dumb for not sharing your opinion is absurd
AdministratorBreak the chains
Trizztein
Profile Joined August 2014
Canada45 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-08 23:45:46
November 08 2015 23:45 GMT
#113
On November 09 2015 08:37 Hider wrote:
Pretty boring series, and overall Blizzcon was pretty uninteresting. No idea why people thought it was great... or I guess I do. The casters were great at hyping up the games so (dumb) people get deceived into thinking the actual games were anything beyond mediocre.


Actually, me and my friends watching the final from my living room were more busy commentating/analyzing the games ourselves than actually listening to what Tastosis had to say (active listening I guess you could call it); we were very well scholared plat to master level players and we greatly enjoyed and were thrilled by the final games.
flipstar
Profile Joined January 2011
226 Posts
November 08 2015 23:47 GMT
#114
While I see where you're coming from (Reading norwegian newspapers before I've had a chance to watch UFC that went live in the middle of the night) it's pretty simple to avoid on tl. www.teamliquid.net/forum and you're covered in regards to forums&blogs&streams&events. Unless you're living under a rock and don't pay attention to events/news you know pretty much all the major tournaments that you will definitely watch and when to avoid news section.

There's surely plenty of good reasons for not having the spoiler part, likely more pros than cons over having it, from a TL or "content driven website" perspective. If I had "hide spoiler" on for example, I wouldn't read about tournaments I did in fact miss or not care about but that I would've read the news article about. This would be lost traffic on TL's part, and I would've lost a possibly interesting news article I would otherwise miss.

However TL, I've wondered how come you can't write an ambigious header like "WCS 2015 Champion crowned!" with a pixelated pic and trophy. Websites use shitty clickbait strategies all the time, so this must be something statistics support. I hate the "click to find out" strategy, but in this case it makes 100% sense as it's a win-win thing? You convey the message with a carrot being the answer, people who doesn't want to get spoiled doesn't.

Is the value of selling that sOs won higher than the value of clickbait?
Spinoza
Profile Joined October 2010
667 Posts
November 08 2015 23:59 GMT
#115
Garbage player sOs won again. This is perfect.




!



User was warned for this post
FanTaSy | Flash | Movie | Leta | Stork | Map:Destination[BW]
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
November 09 2015 00:06 GMT
#116
On November 09 2015 01:17 dazed25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 01:08 Lgnarrow wrote:
I would put Life before Mvp in the list of the greatest sc2 players ever after this run. Just my personal opinion


inb4 he bopped a foreigner, chokovation, faceless chintoss, and lost in final.

but yes i feel the same. he beat the strongest player in the tournament and almost two top tier protoss at a time when zerg is really weak. just like last year

chokovation haha
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Togekiss
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada154 Posts
November 09 2015 00:25 GMT
#117
Congrats to sOs! Well deserved victory!

It absolutely boggles my mind how much such a talented player gets hated on by a substantial portion of this community after he wins his third $100k HotS tourney. The guy was an absolute beast in PL basically carrying his team (as JAGW's Protoss ace) near the end of the year.

sOs, I hope you keep doing and playing the way you do as this game transitions into a new chapter. Not only is your execution at the top of the heap, but your understanding of the game and all it's little nuances allow you to create master plans that often times are several steps ahead of the opponent. Bravo sOs, bravo!
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
November 09 2015 00:54 GMT
#118
I am absolutely shocked at the level of life's play, compared to his recent performances. Probably faking it for blizzcon.
cheekymonkey
Profile Joined January 2014
France1387 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-09 00:57:30
November 09 2015 00:57 GMT
#119
On November 09 2015 08:47 flipstar wrote:
While I see where you're coming from (Reading norwegian newspapers before I've had a chance to watch UFC that went live in the middle of the night) it's pretty simple to avoid on tl. www.teamliquid.net/forum and you're covered in regards to forums&blogs&streams&events. Unless you're living under a rock and don't pay attention to events/news you know pretty much all the major tournaments that you will definitely watch and when to avoid news section.

There's surely plenty of good reasons for not having the spoiler part, likely more pros than cons over having it, from a TL or "content driven website" perspective. If I had "hide spoiler" on for example, I wouldn't read about tournaments I did in fact miss or not care about but that I would've read the news article about. This would be lost traffic on TL's part, and I would've lost a possibly interesting news article I would otherwise miss.

However TL, I've wondered how come you can't write an ambigious header like "WCS 2015 Champion crowned!" with a pixelated pic and trophy. Websites use shitty clickbait strategies all the time, so this must be something statistics support. I hate the "click to find out" strategy, but in this case it makes 100% sense as it's a win-win thing? You convey the message with a carrot being the answer, people who doesn't want to get spoiled doesn't.

Is the value of selling that sOs won higher than the value of clickbait?


I deleted TL from my bookmarks toolbar until I had watched through the blizzcon vods. I too appreciated the no-spoilers feature.
GiveMeCake
Profile Joined October 2010
148 Posts
November 09 2015 01:32 GMT
#120
On November 09 2015 05:54 Trizztein wrote:
3 of my friends (including someone I randomly met on twitch watching archon mode tournament and whom is now a great friend of mine) came over at my place to watch the semis and finals on my 55 inch TV screen in hi-res. The four of us rising from our chairs and shouting with excitement when Life sniped that warp-prism on that sixth map is a souvenir that will stay engraved in my hearth for the rest of my life. I never thought as a kid (I am now 26) that watching a game of a genre I've been in love with for such a long time could end-up forging such a happy reunion of people sharing a passion for a video game.

Or can we even say «video game» at that point?


Where do you live, I want friends who watch Starcraft
I had a dream I moved to Korea to become a GSL champion. I slept in PC bangs and practiced only vs the PC. I named my self Death and faced Life in the finals. I beat him, but ended up dying as I killed his last building.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 549
Larva 466
Leta 150
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 737
Other Games
summit1g8596
WinterStarcraft495
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick875
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2301
League of Legends
• Rush1347
• Lourlo1114
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 4m
INu's Battles
6h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 4m
Replay Cast
17h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.