• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8537 users

WCS America Qualifier so far - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 42 Next All
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
April 21 2013 15:50 GMT
#161
On April 22 2013 00:41 magnaflow wrote:
Why is there no unison between these leagues? Why are ESL and MLG responsible for brackets, rules, qualification process, invites or anything. The only thing these two organization should be doing is airing, and casting the matches.

Something that should be epic is turning into the laughing stock of e-sports. What a fucking joke

Blizzard may have introduced a system to unify the player scene such as points and a common event structure but that doesn't mean that the event holders themselves understands this or even wants it to happen.

EU has no problem with this since we already are "communists" and are quite used to share everything and be like one, and all that shit. US however, like MLG, are more used to the opposite model of doggy doggy world, take what you can get and see everyone else as competition. And this view has not changed from the standpoint of MLG. That's the reason why they don't want to share "their" content, such as the qualifier, to the competition, such as NASL.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 15:50 GMT
#162
On April 22 2013 00:44 govie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:36 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:25 Ghanburighan wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.


You're just being jaded. This is no pass-time, several of these issues have their own threads and reddit pages too. Instead, you should bother to read the first few pages and see that MLG has made some rather inexcusable mistakes. I think the arbitrary exclusion of registered Chinese pros while known hackers/low level players/ineligible players were admitted casts doubt on the validity of all the results so far.

Not to mention, your own arguments make no sense. How do community casters delay the matches in any significant way? They would cast games at the same time as the MLG casters.


No I am just remembering that they put this together in 16 days and there are over 1000 players. There were issues, but I don't really mind them. The issue with the Chinese player seems like there was some fishy business going on and all of the information coming out seems to be a whole bunch of hearsay. But as China is across the ocean, I support MLG if they thought something wasn't right. The hacker issue is disappointing, but I really expected of them them to slip through. These are people who try to cheat and they are bound to find their way in.

As for broadcasters, it is just one more person that has to coordinate and get into matches. With Crank begging to have his last match run as soon as possible because he had been up for 30 hours, I really just wanted MLG to get through this as quickly as possible. I also think that all of the WCS are attempting to have their broadcasts on one channel so they can get more accurate viewer numbers for the events to pitch to sponsors. Splitting those across to community casters could muddy their numbers. But that is just speculation.


I find that MLG really sux because they allready have code s etcetc.. these are just qualifiers, nothing more... why not give the community the possibility to watch there fanfavorites... MLG just want revenue all for themselves... they should have had more channels and if they cant provide in more, let the communicty cast some qualifiers.. would have been best!


Blizzard has a rule that WSC games must be broadcast on WCS approved channels. Both MLG, NASL and ELS have confirmed this. I am sure that is to keep the viewers in one place to they can provide accurate numbers to sponsors and market the event. They might change that rule for season 2, but right now only WSC official channels can broadcast the matches.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
April 21 2013 15:51 GMT
#163
One of the many reasons why NASL is much better than MLG.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
April 21 2013 15:56 GMT
#164
On April 22 2013 00:51 namste wrote:
One of the many reasons why NASL is much better than MLG.


errrrr, let's say that after NASL holds more than 1 live event that draws anything near an MLG crowd D:

that said NASL's studio content has been great =o
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
April 21 2013 15:56 GMT
#165
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

I enjoyed it quite a lot too, but man there was a lot of whine at the beginning of the week
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
April 21 2013 15:57 GMT
#166
TotalBiscuit is defending MLG pretty hard... He's calling WCS EU shit and WCS America is considered the best tournament...

I like the dude for his casting but what goes through his mind is very questionable sometimes..
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
April 21 2013 16:00 GMT
#167
On April 22 2013 00:56 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:51 namste wrote:
One of the many reasons why NASL is much better than MLG.


errrrr, let's say that after NASL holds more than 1 live event that draws anything near an MLG crowd D:

that said NASL's studio content has been great =o


MLG's online content has got *nothing* on NASL's... Hell NASL have held better online qualifiers in the past, going all the way back to the qualifier for the last spot of NASL Season 1 Grand Finals.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
April 21 2013 16:06 GMT
#168
On April 22 2013 00:57 geokilla wrote:
TotalBiscuit is defending MLG pretty hard... He's calling WCS EU shit and WCS America is considered the best tournament...

I like the dude for his casting but what goes through his mind is very questionable sometimes..



Of course he is, all of his players have already, or have a great chance of qualifying.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 16:06 GMT
#169
On April 22 2013 01:00 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:56 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:51 namste wrote:
One of the many reasons why NASL is much better than MLG.


errrrr, let's say that after NASL holds more than 1 live event that draws anything near an MLG crowd D:

that said NASL's studio content has been great =o


MLG's online content has got *nothing* on NASL's... Hell NASL have held better online qualifiers in the past, going all the way back to the qualifier for the last spot of NASL Season 1 Grand Finals.

They also didn't have free qualifiers. They have always charged for people to try out. Also, you have having some selective memory of NASL season one if you think that thing was better than this. I don't even think they had qualifiers for season one. Players applied for season one.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
April 21 2013 16:08 GMT
#170
On April 22 2013 00:50 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:44 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:36 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:25 Ghanburighan wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.


You're just being jaded. This is no pass-time, several of these issues have their own threads and reddit pages too. Instead, you should bother to read the first few pages and see that MLG has made some rather inexcusable mistakes. I think the arbitrary exclusion of registered Chinese pros while known hackers/low level players/ineligible players were admitted casts doubt on the validity of all the results so far.

Not to mention, your own arguments make no sense. How do community casters delay the matches in any significant way? They would cast games at the same time as the MLG casters.


No I am just remembering that they put this together in 16 days and there are over 1000 players. There were issues, but I don't really mind them. The issue with the Chinese player seems like there was some fishy business going on and all of the information coming out seems to be a whole bunch of hearsay. But as China is across the ocean, I support MLG if they thought something wasn't right. The hacker issue is disappointing, but I really expected of them them to slip through. These are people who try to cheat and they are bound to find their way in.

As for broadcasters, it is just one more person that has to coordinate and get into matches. With Crank begging to have his last match run as soon as possible because he had been up for 30 hours, I really just wanted MLG to get through this as quickly as possible. I also think that all of the WCS are attempting to have their broadcasts on one channel so they can get more accurate viewer numbers for the events to pitch to sponsors. Splitting those across to community casters could muddy their numbers. But that is just speculation.


I find that MLG really sux because they allready have code s etcetc.. these are just qualifiers, nothing more... why not give the community the possibility to watch there fanfavorites... MLG just want revenue all for themselves... they should have had more channels and if they cant provide in more, let the communicty cast some qualifiers.. would have been best!


Blizzard has a rule that WSC games must be broadcast on WCS approved channels. Both MLG, NASL and ELS have confirmed this. I am sure that is to keep the viewers in one place to they can provide accurate numbers to sponsors and market the event. They might change that rule for season 2, but right now only WSC official channels can broadcast the matches.


esl had 15 streams... gimme 15 then..
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
Dr.Sin
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1126 Posts
April 21 2013 16:08 GMT
#171
Please give WCS to NASL . Thanks to the OP for putting together these issues. Do we have any word from Blizzard or the tournament organizers re: this fiasco?
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
April 21 2013 16:09 GMT
#172
On April 22 2013 01:06 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 01:00 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:56 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:51 namste wrote:
One of the many reasons why NASL is much better than MLG.


errrrr, let's say that after NASL holds more than 1 live event that draws anything near an MLG crowd D:

that said NASL's studio content has been great =o


MLG's online content has got *nothing* on NASL's... Hell NASL have held better online qualifiers in the past, going all the way back to the qualifier for the last spot of NASL Season 1 Grand Finals.

They also didn't have free qualifiers. They have always charged for people to try out. Also, you have having some selective memory of NASL season one if you think that thing was better than this. I don't even think they had qualifiers for season one. Players applied for season one.


Read what I said again. After the group stages had finished, they were left with 15 players and held an online open qualifier to determine the last seed. (which ended up going to PuMa) That qualifier went a lot better than this one, is what I was getting at.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 16:13:17
April 21 2013 16:12 GMT
#173
On April 22 2013 01:08 govie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:50 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:44 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:36 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:25 Ghanburighan wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.


You're just being jaded. This is no pass-time, several of these issues have their own threads and reddit pages too. Instead, you should bother to read the first few pages and see that MLG has made some rather inexcusable mistakes. I think the arbitrary exclusion of registered Chinese pros while known hackers/low level players/ineligible players were admitted casts doubt on the validity of all the results so far.

Not to mention, your own arguments make no sense. How do community casters delay the matches in any significant way? They would cast games at the same time as the MLG casters.


No I am just remembering that they put this together in 16 days and there are over 1000 players. There were issues, but I don't really mind them. The issue with the Chinese player seems like there was some fishy business going on and all of the information coming out seems to be a whole bunch of hearsay. But as China is across the ocean, I support MLG if they thought something wasn't right. The hacker issue is disappointing, but I really expected of them them to slip through. These are people who try to cheat and they are bound to find their way in.

As for broadcasters, it is just one more person that has to coordinate and get into matches. With Crank begging to have his last match run as soon as possible because he had been up for 30 hours, I really just wanted MLG to get through this as quickly as possible. I also think that all of the WCS are attempting to have their broadcasts on one channel so they can get more accurate viewer numbers for the events to pitch to sponsors. Splitting those across to community casters could muddy their numbers. But that is just speculation.


I find that MLG really sux because they allready have code s etcetc.. these are just qualifiers, nothing more... why not give the community the possibility to watch there fanfavorites... MLG just want revenue all for themselves... they should have had more channels and if they cant provide in more, let the communicty cast some qualifiers.. would have been best!


Blizzard has a rule that WSC games must be broadcast on WCS approved channels. Both MLG, NASL and ELS have confirmed this. I am sure that is to keep the viewers in one place to they can provide accurate numbers to sponsors and market the event. They might change that rule for season 2, but right now only WSC official channels can broadcast the matches.


esl had 15 streams... gimme 15 then..


I'd be happy to settle for 4 streams.

Don't tell Blizzard or MLG that yet though, we'll start negotiations at 15. I still can't believe I watched Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio on MLG's one and only stream...
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 16:15 GMT
#174
On April 22 2013 01:09 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 01:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:00 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:56 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:51 namste wrote:
One of the many reasons why NASL is much better than MLG.


errrrr, let's say that after NASL holds more than 1 live event that draws anything near an MLG crowd D:

that said NASL's studio content has been great =o


MLG's online content has got *nothing* on NASL's... Hell NASL have held better online qualifiers in the past, going all the way back to the qualifier for the last spot of NASL Season 1 Grand Finals.

They also didn't have free qualifiers. They have always charged for people to try out. Also, you have having some selective memory of NASL season one if you think that thing was better than this. I don't even think they had qualifiers for season one. Players applied for season one.


Read what I said again. After the group stages had finished, they were left with 15 players and held an online open qualifier to determine the last seed. (which ended up going to PuMa) That qualifier went a lot better than this one, is what I was getting at.


Well that's great, but they still invited everyone to season 1. There were no qualifiers at all for that season. They also charge money to prevent gold leaguers from flooding the qualifiers, which is what happened hear.

And if you are going to compare NASL season 1 and 2 to the MGL qualifiers last night, I am going to politely ask that you go back 3 years and watch those VODs and refresh your memory.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 16:18:06
April 21 2013 16:16 GMT
#175
On April 22 2013 01:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 01:08 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:50 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:44 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:36 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:25 Ghanburighan wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.


You're just being jaded. This is no pass-time, several of these issues have their own threads and reddit pages too. Instead, you should bother to read the first few pages and see that MLG has made some rather inexcusable mistakes. I think the arbitrary exclusion of registered Chinese pros while known hackers/low level players/ineligible players were admitted casts doubt on the validity of all the results so far.

Not to mention, your own arguments make no sense. How do community casters delay the matches in any significant way? They would cast games at the same time as the MLG casters.


No I am just remembering that they put this together in 16 days and there are over 1000 players. There were issues, but I don't really mind them. The issue with the Chinese player seems like there was some fishy business going on and all of the information coming out seems to be a whole bunch of hearsay. But as China is across the ocean, I support MLG if they thought something wasn't right. The hacker issue is disappointing, but I really expected of them them to slip through. These are people who try to cheat and they are bound to find their way in.

As for broadcasters, it is just one more person that has to coordinate and get into matches. With Crank begging to have his last match run as soon as possible because he had been up for 30 hours, I really just wanted MLG to get through this as quickly as possible. I also think that all of the WCS are attempting to have their broadcasts on one channel so they can get more accurate viewer numbers for the events to pitch to sponsors. Splitting those across to community casters could muddy their numbers. But that is just speculation.


I find that MLG really sux because they allready have code s etcetc.. these are just qualifiers, nothing more... why not give the community the possibility to watch there fanfavorites... MLG just want revenue all for themselves... they should have had more channels and if they cant provide in more, let the communicty cast some qualifiers.. would have been best!


Blizzard has a rule that WSC games must be broadcast on WCS approved channels. Both MLG, NASL and ELS have confirmed this. I am sure that is to keep the viewers in one place to they can provide accurate numbers to sponsors and market the event. They might change that rule for season 2, but right now only WSC official channels can broadcast the matches.


esl had 15 streams... gimme 15 then..


I'd be happy to settle for 4 streams.

Don't tell Blizzard or MLG that yet though, we'll start negotiations at 15. I still can't believe I watched Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio on MLG's one and only stream...


Indeed 4 MLG streams would be good also.. atleast u have a choice..

The big difference between ESL and MLG is that ESL saw that this qualifier was so immense, they needed more channels and they chose to ask help from the community to broadcast this event properly. MLG on the other hand, had $$ in there eyes i thought... wow 30k viewers... i want all ad-income in 1 stream because its cheaper then ads over 4/5 streams... thats basically it. Ofcourse they will say they cant garantee the quality of there product etcetc.. but its bullshit because the quality could not get any lower after watching the bracket for 15 minutes...
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 16:21:10
April 21 2013 16:18 GMT
#176
On April 22 2013 01:15 Plansix wrote:
Well that's great, but they still invited everyone to season 1. There were no qualifiers at all for that season.


That's irrelevant. The point is that NASL can hold online tournaments, including large bracket qualifiers, much better than MLG.

On April 22 2013 01:15 Plansix wrote:
And if you are going to compare NASL season 1 and 2 to the MGL qualifiers last night, I am going to politely ask that you go back 3 years and watch those VODs and refresh your memory.


What are you trying to say? That the games weren't as good? That is, once again, irrelevant to the fact that MLG have done a piss poor job in terms of organizing and managing the event.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 16:24 GMT
#177
On April 22 2013 01:18 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 01:15 Plansix wrote:
Well that's great, but they still invited everyone to season 1. There were no qualifiers at all for that season.


That's irrelevant. The point is that NASL can hold online tournaments, including large bracket qualifiers, much better than MLG.

Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 01:15 Plansix wrote:
And if you are going to compare NASL season 1 and 2 to the MGL qualifiers last night, I am going to politely ask that you go back 3 years and watch those VODs and refresh your memory.


What are you trying to say? That the games weren't as good? That is, once again, irrelevant to the fact that MLG have done a piss poor job.


I disagree in every way. The qualifier bracket for NASL was never 1,000 players. And they ran an open qualifier where they charged people to try out so they only had professional players who cared about the event. MLG didn't do that because the community LOST THEIR MINDS when they tried to charge $20. The production for the first two seasons of NASL was piss poor too. There is a reason we make jokes about the NASL sound guy.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
April 21 2013 16:24 GMT
#178
On April 22 2013 00:57 geokilla wrote:
TotalBiscuit is defending MLG pretty hard... He's calling WCS EU shit and WCS America is considered the best tournament...

I like the dude for his casting but what goes through his mind is very questionable sometimes..


That is how TotalBiscuit is, he gets aggressively protective of stuff he is involved in no matter how bad they might be.

Now I thought the casts themselves were alright even though their choice of games to cast were questionable at times. The problems I have with all this is stuff that the casters have no control over, like the chinese not being allowed in, hackers running rampant in the brackets and such stuff.

Both WCS EU and WCS NA both made pretty grave mistakes that royally fucked over both players and viewers but this isn't the StarCraft apocalypse many try and make it out to be.
You need to construct additional pylons.
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
April 21 2013 16:28 GMT
#179
On April 22 2013 01:24 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 01:18 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:15 Plansix wrote:
Well that's great, but they still invited everyone to season 1. There were no qualifiers at all for that season.


That's irrelevant. The point is that NASL can hold online tournaments, including large bracket qualifiers, much better than MLG.

On April 22 2013 01:15 Plansix wrote:
And if you are going to compare NASL season 1 and 2 to the MGL qualifiers last night, I am going to politely ask that you go back 3 years and watch those VODs and refresh your memory.


What are you trying to say? That the games weren't as good? That is, once again, irrelevant to the fact that MLG have done a piss poor job.


I disagree in every way. The qualifier bracket for NASL was never 1,000 players. And they ran an open qualifier where they charged people to try out so they only had professional players who cared about the event. MLG didn't do that because the community LOST THEIR MINDS when they tried to charge $20. The production for the first two seasons of NASL was piss poor too. There is a reason we make jokes about the NASL sound guy.


The production for the offline events. Nobody is complaining about MLG's offline tournaments here. Ideally Blizzard should've used one company for the qualifiers and another for the LAN finals.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 16:29 GMT
#180
On April 22 2013 01:24 Fluffboll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:57 geokilla wrote:
TotalBiscuit is defending MLG pretty hard... He's calling WCS EU shit and WCS America is considered the best tournament...

I like the dude for his casting but what goes through his mind is very questionable sometimes..


That is how TotalBiscuit is, he gets aggressively protective of stuff he is involved in no matter how bad they might be.

Now I thought the casts themselves were alright even though their choice of games to cast were questionable at times. The problems I have with all this is stuff that the casters have no control over, like the chinese not being allowed in, hackers running rampant in the brackets and such stuff.

Both WCS EU and WCS NA both made pretty grave mistakes that royally fucked over both players and viewers but this isn't the StarCraft apocalypse many try and make it out to be.


From all reports the Chinese players showed up late and got put in the que if people didn't show up for their first matches. Its not shocking that a team from another country that got the time wrong. I only have heard reports of one hacker and I am sure he will get shut down if it proves to be correct.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE138
PiGStarcraft72
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 598
Artosis 539
910 29
Rain 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever601
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox178
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5409
Other Games
summit1g6883
shahzam579
JimRising 504
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS94
Trikslyr47
Maynarde33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick757
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen188
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
26m
PiGStarcraft72
Kung Fu Cup
11h 26m
Stellar Fest
13h 26m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.