• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:35
CEST 01:35
KST 08:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8529 users

WCS America Qualifier so far - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 42 Next All
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
April 21 2013 15:12 GMT
#141
On April 22 2013 00:05 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:04 Esoterikk wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:01 Luepert wrote:
Maybe they should give NASL a chance...


NASL is actually on the fast track to being the only decent League right now outside of Korea. Are they holding a League this year or did WCS kill them off completely.


DreamHack?

But yeah, we don't know anything for sure. It is pretty likely that WCS will cut into their viewercount/hype. :/


I'm more hyped for NASL than I am for WCS at this point unless they get their act together.
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 15:13:32
April 21 2013 15:12 GMT
#142
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 15:14 GMT
#143
On April 22 2013 00:10 cekkmt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:05 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:04 Esoterikk wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:01 Luepert wrote:
Maybe they should give NASL a chance...


NASL is actually on the fast track to being the only decent League right now outside of Korea. Are they holding a League this year or did WCS kill them off completely.


DreamHack?

But yeah, we don't know anything for sure. It is pretty likely that WCS will cut into their viewercount/hype. :/

Not if mlg continues to make questionable decisions.

I don't really have a problem when the way MLG has been handling this. Code A qualifiers are barely broadcast too. It like complaining about the coverage of the preseason for baseball or the NLF draft. It shit that has to get done and not really designed for broadcast.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
April 21 2013 15:16 GMT
#144
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

So much this. WCS EU qualifiers were awesome, mostly because you could choose between ~10 games to watch or so (even if you didn't understand the language the casters were using, you could still watch the match you wanted live) - this freedom of choice added so much value to the thing.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 15:17 GMT
#145
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Beyonder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands15103 Posts
April 21 2013 15:17 GMT
#146
Well, it must have been MLG demanding sole rights on broadcasting. Thanks MLG!
Moderator
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 15:18 GMT
#147
On April 22 2013 00:17 Beyonder wrote:
Well, it must have been MLG demanding sole rights on broadcasting. Thanks MLG!


Could it be that they didn't want any stream cheating and the wanted the matches to move at a brisk pace. Broadcasting matches takes time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
daklein
Profile Joined April 2013
3 Posts
April 21 2013 15:19 GMT
#148
So 1 week ago ESL was pitchforked to do mistakes. How could anyone claim Dreamhack would do better online qualifiers?
Now MLG fails miserable, I would say actually even more on the format. Who says NASL would have had a smarter format
PardonYou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1360 Posts
April 21 2013 15:19 GMT
#149
I think people just need to wait and see instead of repeating other's complaints. For one, people are complaining about the qualifiers letting in non-resediential Americans, and then complain when some cannot get into the tournament. I believe most of people's problems will be fixed for next season, not next year. I feel people are getting confused on this and saying a year to overdramatize it. I'm in the wait and see category until the actual tournament starts.
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 15:40:26
April 21 2013 15:20 GMT
#150
On April 21 2013 20:46 Shellshock1122 wrote:
the best part is he was listed as DQed. then he resurrected himself and knocked out the next person in the bracket and got DQed again


He should receive a spot in the NA premier league for this performance.
kYem
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom412 Posts
April 21 2013 15:22 GMT
#151
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...


Exactly, ESL went smoothly. Maybe they were expecting more from main ESL stream, but since there were community stream as well it was all good.
Hell
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
April 21 2013 15:25 GMT
#152
On April 22 2013 00:17 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.


You're just being jaded. This is no pass-time, several of these issues have their own threads and reddit pages too. Instead, you should bother to read the first few pages and see that MLG has made some rather inexcusable mistakes. I think the arbitrary exclusion of registered Chinese pros while known hackers/low level players/ineligible players were admitted casts doubt on the validity of all the results so far.

Not to mention, your own arguments make no sense. How do community casters delay the matches in any significant way? They would cast games at the same time as the MLG casters.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Zaphid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1860 Posts
April 21 2013 15:25 GMT
#153
So Teamliquid is still the only company to run large scale open tournaments without major issues ?
I will never ever play Mech against Protoss. - MVP
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 15:32:42
April 21 2013 15:32 GMT
#154
On April 22 2013 00:14 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:10 cekkmt wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:05 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:04 Esoterikk wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:01 Luepert wrote:
Maybe they should give NASL a chance...


NASL is actually on the fast track to being the only decent League right now outside of Korea. Are they holding a League this year or did WCS kill them off completely.


DreamHack?

But yeah, we don't know anything for sure. It is pretty likely that WCS will cut into their viewercount/hype. :/

Not if mlg continues to make questionable decisions.

I don't really have a problem when the way MLG has been handling this. Code A qualifiers are barely broadcast too. It like complaining about the coverage of the preseason for baseball or the NLF draft. It shit that has to get done and not really designed for broadcast.


These aren't Code A qualifiers, they're the Premier qualifiers, for the WCS NA equivalent of GSL Code S.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 15:36 GMT
#155
On April 22 2013 00:25 Ghanburighan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.


You're just being jaded. This is no pass-time, several of these issues have their own threads and reddit pages too. Instead, you should bother to read the first few pages and see that MLG has made some rather inexcusable mistakes. I think the arbitrary exclusion of registered Chinese pros while known hackers/low level players/ineligible players were admitted casts doubt on the validity of all the results so far.

Not to mention, your own arguments make no sense. How do community casters delay the matches in any significant way? They would cast games at the same time as the MLG casters.


No I am just remembering that they put this together in 16 days and there are over 1000 players. There were issues, but I don't really mind them. The issue with the Chinese player seems like there was some fishy business going on and all of the information coming out seems to be a whole bunch of hearsay. But as China is across the ocean, I support MLG if they thought something wasn't right. The hacker issue is disappointing, but I really expected of them them to slip through. These are people who try to cheat and they are bound to find their way in.

As for broadcasters, it is just one more person that has to coordinate and get into matches. With Crank begging to have his last match run as soon as possible because he had been up for 30 hours, I really just wanted MLG to get through this as quickly as possible. I also think that all of the WCS are attempting to have their broadcasts on one channel so they can get more accurate viewer numbers for the events to pitch to sponsors. Splitting those across to community casters could muddy their numbers. But that is just speculation.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Krymming
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden38 Posts
April 21 2013 15:40 GMT
#156
At first I didn't believe this shit, but now I'm starting to realize how much MLG fucked up! It's quite hard to comprehend that when given so much responsibility they abuse the shit out of it, banning people asking about the chinese players.

It almost feels like people need to step up and say NO! Turn off their stream and tell MLG they don't deserve money or attention when they fuck up for participants in the tournament and even the community people. But MLG has that covered by being the only streamer so it's their stream or no stream, I'm gonna choose no stream and throw my money and time at dreamhack instead.
No excuses, play like a champion
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
April 21 2013 15:41 GMT
#157
Why is there no unison between these leagues? Why are ESL and MLG responsible for brackets, rules, qualification process, invites or anything. The only thing these two organization should be doing is airing, and casting the matches.

Something that should be epic is turning into the laughing stock of e-sports. What a fucking joke
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 15:44 GMT
#158
On April 22 2013 00:41 magnaflow wrote:
Why is there no unison between these leagues? Why are ESL and MLG responsible for brackets, rules, qualification process, invites or anything. The only thing these two organization should be doing is airing, and casting the matches.

Something that should be epic is turning into the laughing stock of e-sports. What a fucking joke


No, they are running the events too. Blizzard is not handling the brackets or qualifications.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
April 21 2013 15:44 GMT
#159
On April 22 2013 00:36 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 00:25 Ghanburighan wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 00:12 BronzeKnee wrote:
On April 21 2013 17:47 Grovbolle wrote:
Pretty much. That is the problem when Blizzard effectively kills all competition, it removes any pressure from organizers to actually do a decent job.

I find it hilarious how everyone were pitchforking ESL. So far they have done a better job than MLG that's for sure


I don't understand why people didn't like the job ESL did with WCS EU. The event was well run, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think Dreamhack would have done any better.

MLG has just put so many restrictions and I had to watch Gretorp play Protoss versus Zenio, instead of an actually competitve match because MLG didn't allow community casters...

Because this is the thread where we act outraged about stuff and complain about things while we wait for the next thing to complain about. There is nothing to watch right now, so this is how we pass our time. And the reason the community casters weren't used was because they had to make it through all those matches in a reasonable period of time.


You're just being jaded. This is no pass-time, several of these issues have their own threads and reddit pages too. Instead, you should bother to read the first few pages and see that MLG has made some rather inexcusable mistakes. I think the arbitrary exclusion of registered Chinese pros while known hackers/low level players/ineligible players were admitted casts doubt on the validity of all the results so far.

Not to mention, your own arguments make no sense. How do community casters delay the matches in any significant way? They would cast games at the same time as the MLG casters.


No I am just remembering that they put this together in 16 days and there are over 1000 players. There were issues, but I don't really mind them. The issue with the Chinese player seems like there was some fishy business going on and all of the information coming out seems to be a whole bunch of hearsay. But as China is across the ocean, I support MLG if they thought something wasn't right. The hacker issue is disappointing, but I really expected of them them to slip through. These are people who try to cheat and they are bound to find their way in.

As for broadcasters, it is just one more person that has to coordinate and get into matches. With Crank begging to have his last match run as soon as possible because he had been up for 30 hours, I really just wanted MLG to get through this as quickly as possible. I also think that all of the WCS are attempting to have their broadcasts on one channel so they can get more accurate viewer numbers for the events to pitch to sponsors. Splitting those across to community casters could muddy their numbers. But that is just speculation.


I find that MLG really sux because they allready have code s etcetc.. these are just qualifiers, nothing more... why not give the community the possibility to watch there fanfavorites... MLG just want revenue all for themselves... they should have had more channels and if they cant provide in more, let the communicty cast some qualifiers.. would have been best!
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
SpiritAshura
Profile Joined March 2007
United States1271 Posts
April 21 2013 15:45 GMT
#160
Negatives from yesterday: Seems like quite a cluster fuck, I feel for the players. The people who are most dedicated to Blizzard's cause are getting screwed by lack of organization/terrible decision making.

Positives from yesterday: ...it can't get any WORSE, could it? I hope Blizzard learns from their (MASSIVE) mistakes.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE138
PiGStarcraft72
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 598
Artosis 539
910 29
Rain 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever601
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox178
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5409
Other Games
summit1g6883
shahzam579
JimRising 504
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS94
Trikslyr47
Maynarde33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick757
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen188
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
25m
PiGStarcraft72
Kung Fu Cup
11h 25m
Stellar Fest
13h 25m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.