• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:33
CEST 11:33
KST 18:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6446 users

WCS America Qualifier so far - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 42 Next All
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:15:39
April 22 2013 02:14 GMT
#381
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

Indeed. At this point, the only thing that they can really do is to restart the whole qualifier again. That, or make this season an "unofficial" WCS season, and shove in another one afterwards, out of their own pockets, of course.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:15 GMT
#382
On April 22 2013 11:11 govie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.


Its not. Only explenation would be that the onces who were probably gonna qualify, didnt fit the playbook for WCS NA 2013, which would not be good for maximizing profits and goals. Admins dont fuck up brackets... they had 24h to check, someone must have checked the brackets between saturday and sunday.. Next to the fact the banning of chinese player was really late, which strengtens my consiracytheory that MLG dq-ed some players out, or put players against each other that didnt fit the playbook.

I am not sure I will go that far. I am going hope that someone was provided with incorrect information or that the bracket on TL was really just incorrect. Normally this stuff is not some grand, overarching plan.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
April 22 2013 02:15 GMT
#383
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
April 22 2013 02:15 GMT
#384
On April 22 2013 11:05 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:04 sitromit wrote:
Changing the brackets in an ongoing competition is the hip new tournament format. You never know who's going to play who next!!!

MLG is trailblazing!!!

I can't even figure out what the hell is going on with this part. The whole Chinese thing seems to be a case of people not reading the rules, but this is just insane.


You know it's bad when even Plansix is appalled by MLG's actions :p
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
April 22 2013 02:16 GMT
#385
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


That's not entirely true.
Round 8 and round 12 had players who lost in the same winners' bracket put in the same losers' bracket.
However, round 10 had players from a different bracket.
I was also confused when I saw this on the MLG site, but in the end, the odds that in round 12 (losers' finals) two people, who had already met play again, was something like 1:10.
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
April 22 2013 02:16 GMT
#386
MLG just ruined what was supposed to be the biggest SC2 event the North American scene has ever had. So dissapointing
ChaosShadow
Profile Joined April 2010
United States79 Posts
April 22 2013 02:17 GMT
#387
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:17 GMT
#388
On April 22 2013 11:15 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:05 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:04 sitromit wrote:
Changing the brackets in an ongoing competition is the hip new tournament format. You never know who's going to play who next!!!

MLG is trailblazing!!!

I can't even figure out what the hell is going on with this part. The whole Chinese thing seems to be a case of people not reading the rules, but this is just insane.


You know it's bad when even Plansix is appalled by MLG's actions :p

I'm not appalled. I am just confused and want to see what it happened. I don't just to conclusions on most things.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
April 22 2013 02:18 GMT
#389
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
April 22 2013 02:19 GMT
#390
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?

Okay so it's not rigging... It's just complete and total incompetence then, that makes it.... slightly better?
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:19 GMT
#391
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.

Ah, so it was a simple mistake that they corrected. That is much better that what people were saying.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:29:29
April 22 2013 02:20 GMT
#392
looking at the bracket that was generated at the end of last night, everything else appears the same. Maybe it was a mistake on MLG's part last night. edit: or i guess from my pictures they actually swapped Miya and Apocalypse
I find it hard to believe that with so many contributing to building the bracket on liquipedia that it could get messed up this badly.
+ Show Spoiler [last night] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [current] +
[image loading]

but these arent from their website so they cant really prove anything in the long run
They could have just dropped Miya and Apocalypse down in the wrong place
conclusion on next page
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Torpedo.Vegas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1890 Posts
April 22 2013 02:20 GMT
#393
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.


MLG has done well in the past, its a pretty bold claim to throw that all out and say they are actively trying to rig the outcome of a major tournament. Fumbling the organization or allowing the community to engage in rampant speculation without providing an official statement are more likely.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:24:47
April 22 2013 02:21 GMT
#394
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


With so much going wrong in this tournament so far, i actually don't know what to think. The one thing i DO know though is that they're not fixing anything, they're making it worse now. People were eliminated by a cheater or other players who should not be able to participate, people got beaten because they seemingly played the wrong people, even if there is no bad intend on MLGs side (which i said, i don't know what to think about it), the only way to correct this whole mess (and it's nothing more than a mess, lets be honest here) would be a restart from scratch. It would be a hit their "ego" maybe, because they would have to admit that they screwed up, but for their reputations sake, that's the only way to rescue this event.

If their whole bracket is/was fubar, you have to start over. At least to me, that's the logical step.

MLG has done well in the past, its a pretty bold claim to throw that all out and say they are actively trying to rig the outcome of a major tournament. Fumbling the organization or allowing the community to engage in rampant speculation without providing an official statement are more likely.


If MLG did well would be up for discussion, but my opinion on that might be biased, so nvm. It's not my job to clarify or defend MLG, fact is, people got knocked out of the tournament by cheaters or "wrong opponents". You tell me, if this is actual a legit tournament or a cheap PPSL ripoff (maybe without cheating on MLGs part, but as much incompetence)
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
April 22 2013 02:22 GMT
#395
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.
Moderator
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:22 GMT
#396
On April 22 2013 11:20 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.


MLG has done well in the past, its a pretty bold claim to throw that all out and say they are actively trying to rig the outcome of a major tournament. Fumbling the organization or allowing the community to engage in rampant speculation without providing an official statement are more likely.

Expecting them to provide an office statement while the event is ongoing is pretty demanding too. I am sure they would like to talk with their staff and review what happened before making a bunch of statements. Real life does not move at the speed of internet speculation.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
suicideyear
Profile Joined December 2012
Ivory Coast3016 Posts
April 22 2013 02:22 GMT
#397
doesn't bode well for the Premier WCS.
)))____◎◎◎◎█████
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 22 2013 02:23 GMT
#398
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.


Nah man they need to get the players set up asap so they can play the games early and have the replays ready for the broadcast.
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
April 22 2013 02:23 GMT
#399
On April 22 2013 11:19 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?

Okay so it's not rigging... It's just complete and total incompetence then, that makes it.... slightly better?

But they corrected their incompetence, and if people would back off the blind MLG hate, they could realize it.

Did MLG mess up? Absolutely. They reacted slowly to the participation of PhysicsLee, Comm, and Hyun. They are only allowing 512 people to participate, eliminating pros from a playing, by using a first come, first save basis. They used one stream and didn't show the final result, instead dragging it out. They messed up their own brackets. But I think people need to give them credit for addressing these issues, no matter how slowly, instead of not reacting at all.
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
April 22 2013 02:24 GMT
#400
On April 22 2013 11:23 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.


Nah man they need to get the players set up asap so they can play the games early and have the replays ready for the broadcast.


Oh my bad, let's run those replays that everyone knows the results too!
Moderator
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Dota 2
Gorgc68
Counter-Strike
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns44759
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9539
Livibee218
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1567
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
27m
Afreeca Starleague
27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.