• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:02
CEST 01:02
KST 08:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6034 users

WCS America Qualifier so far - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 42 Next All
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
April 22 2013 02:01 GMT
#361
MLG is so shady. Utter incompetence and Blizzard needs to revoke their rights to WCS NA.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
j4vz
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada976 Posts
April 22 2013 02:03 GMT
#362
HwangSin is telling the truth, some people in the tournament thread noticed the swap actually... I dont know whats its all about... lol ?
someone_elses_lies@live.fr
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
April 22 2013 02:03 GMT
#363
NASL The Pulse! GOGO
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
April 22 2013 02:04 GMT
#364
Changing the brackets in an ongoing competition is the hip new tournament format. You never know who's going to play who next!!!

MLG is trailblazing!!!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:05 GMT
#365
On April 22 2013 11:04 sitromit wrote:
Changing the brackets in an ongoing competition is the hip new tournament format. You never know who's going to play who next!!!

MLG is trailblazing!!!

I can't even figure out what the hell is going on with this part. The whole Chinese thing seems to be a case of people not reading the rules, but this is just insane.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
April 22 2013 02:05 GMT
#366
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:06 GMT
#367
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:07:12
April 22 2013 02:06 GMT
#368
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss


That could be...

+ Show Spoiler +
... or try to knock out Demuslim, but didn't work out. Or the team kill storyline, or who knows
Whoranzone
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany330 Posts
April 22 2013 02:06 GMT
#369
I actually feel really sorry for blaming esl for doing a bad job on the wcs eu now.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
April 22 2013 02:06 GMT
#370
MLG getting called out by NASL/Bitterdam, that has to hurt.

At some point even Sundance has to see that this could really hurt MLG in the long run. At some point he should stop to frickin tweet like a kid and actually put together a statement to clear the waves.
Shodaa
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada404 Posts
April 22 2013 02:07 GMT
#371
I still can't get over the fact that there was originally a $20 fee for entering this qualifier ...
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/401120/1/Shodaa/
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
April 22 2013 02:07 GMT
#372
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
Holo82
Profile Joined April 2013
Austria107 Posts
April 22 2013 02:08 GMT
#373
it seems mlg has no clue about what they are doing, they changed the brackets at mlg website several times. 3 times i was witness to.
Lower Bracket is very confusing, and it seems to have no interaction with the initial seedings of players, and it looks like the admins have manually and arbitrary choosen the matchups, as their is no link to the inital seedings in upper bracket.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
April 22 2013 02:09 GMT
#374
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.
Moderator
Cyrak
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada536 Posts
April 22 2013 02:09 GMT
#375
MLG1: "Let's 're-randomize' these brackets, they're no good!"
MLG2: "Shit.. look at that, a CHINESE might win..."
MLG1: ".... DQ him."
MLG2: "People are starting to ask about the brackets, what should we do?"
MLG1: "Shit. Okay, let's just hide them and not offer any explanation then if they wonder why they changed tell them that they're remembering it wrong!"
MLG2: "Genius!!!"
Fortune favors the prepared mind.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:13:03
April 22 2013 02:10 GMT
#376
I will ask Bisu for an answer on this...

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
April 22 2013 02:11 GMT
#377
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.


Its not. Only explenation would be that the onces who were probably gonna qualify, didnt fit the playbook for WCS NA 2013, which would not be good for maximizing profits and goals. Admins dont fuck up brackets... they had 24h to check, someone must have checked the brackets between saturday and sunday.. Next to the fact the banning of chinese player was really late, which strengtens my consiracytheory that MLG dq-ed some players out, or put players against each other that didnt fit the playbook.
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
April 22 2013 02:11 GMT
#378
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
April 22 2013 02:13 GMT
#379
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:05 rei wrote:
I know why they rigged the bracket half way through, they don't want jaedong to get knock out by a protoss

I really hope not. I am hopping this is some sort of misunderstanding.

The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
April 22 2013 02:14 GMT
#380
This is really getting out of control. I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone could screw up this bad, but MLG is really showing us how it's done.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 506
White-Ra 145
910 50
Dota 2
monkeys_forever327
NeuroSwarm161
Super Smash Bros
PPMD83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9104
Liquid`Hasu1418
Trikslyr84
Other Games
summit1g8431
Liquid`RaSZi2943
shahzam556
JimRising 361
C9.Mang0207
B2W.Neo162
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
gamesdonequick246
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.