• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:36
CEST 13:36
KST 20:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10249 users

WCS America Qualifier so far - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 42 Next All
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 22 2013 02:33 GMT
#421
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When the bracket was generated Miya and Apocalypse were put in the wrong spot. Apocalypse was supposed to be in your bracket and Miya was supposed to be in Heart's. This pattern is consistent with the rest of the seeding in the round. You had to play the person who lost between Apocalyse and Crank in the winners' bracket, and it was Apocalypse. Sorry you had to play your friend
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
AgentW
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States7725 Posts
April 22 2013 02:33 GMT
#422
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?
Who's the bigger scrub, the scrub, or the scrub who loses to him?
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
April 22 2013 02:33 GMT
#423
On April 22 2013 11:32 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


At least. I actually hoped for that to be a hoax, because otherwise that actually could've hurt eSports for real.


No, but at least it was a good excuse for them to take control and try liquipedia to stop "leaking" results.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:35:29
April 22 2013 02:34 GMT
#424
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:34 GMT
#425
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:07 AgentW wrote:
[quote]
The bracket on Liquipedia didn't make sense (we discussed it in LR yesterday but I don't remember on which page) because when guys dropped down, they just played the same bracket the played in the winner bracket. So if you won, you probably played a guy you lost to down the line. It just didn't make sense.


Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:37:40
April 22 2013 02:36 GMT
#426
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
[quote]

Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.
QuanticHwangSin
Profile Joined June 2011
23 Posts
April 22 2013 02:36 GMT
#427
On April 22 2013 11:34 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct


so, what is the real story then?

am I wrong in this situation?? if I am, i will say sorry for make you confused.
Seoul
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:37 GMT
#428
On April 22 2013 11:33 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When the bracket was generated Miya and Apocalypse were put in the wrong spot. Apocalypse was supposed to be in your bracket and Miya was supposed to be in Heart's. This pattern is consistent with the rest of the seeding in the round. You had to play the person who lost between Apocalyse and Crank in the winners' bracket, and it was Apocalypse. Sorry you had to play your friend

So was the error on Liquipedia's end or MGLs? I am going to laugh real hard if someone just fucked on updating Liquipedia and it cause everyone to go all conspiracy theory on MLG.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:38:24
April 22 2013 02:37 GMT
#429
On April 22 2013 11:36 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:34 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct


so, what is the real story then?

am I wrong in this situation?? if I am, i will say sorry for make you confused.

MLG is right and you were supposed to play Apocalypse
On April 22 2013 11:37 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:33 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When the bracket was generated Miya and Apocalypse were put in the wrong spot. Apocalypse was supposed to be in your bracket and Miya was supposed to be in Heart's. This pattern is consistent with the rest of the seeding in the round. You had to play the person who lost between Apocalyse and Crank in the winners' bracket, and it was Apocalypse. Sorry you had to play your friend

So was the error on Liquipedia's end or MGLs? I am going to laugh real hard if someone just fucked on updating Liquipedia and it cause everyone to go all conspiracy theory on MLG.

not sure. could be either one. I can view old instances of liquipedia but I dont think I can do the same for MLG
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
April 22 2013 02:38 GMT
#430
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:09 stuchiu wrote:
[quote]

Yeah, I replayed the guy I beat in the first round. I also thought the brackets changed from Saturday to Sunday, but I didn't pay attention since I was out.

Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Yeah, poor MLG, they really ran the event so well with no mistakes whatsoever. Just bad luck all this shit happened to them.
BW forever || Thall
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
April 22 2013 02:38 GMT
#431
On April 22 2013 11:36 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:34 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct


so, what is the real story then?

am I wrong in this situation?? if I am, i will say sorry for make you confused.



Do not be sorry for anything, this isn't your fault. MLG just fucked up real hard this weekend
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
April 22 2013 02:39 GMT
#432
On April 22 2013 11:36 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:34 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct


so, what is the real story then?

am I wrong in this situation?? if I am, i will say sorry for make you confused.


You're wrong, sadly.

MLG made a mistake, that's true, they corrected it though. You playing Apoc is the correct thing. :/
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:39 GMT
#433
On April 22 2013 11:36 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
[quote]
Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.

That is a valid argument or over more days. But live and learn. But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault. I don't know how to prepare for an professional player trying to qualify on someone else's account. That is just so stupid I still can't believe they tried it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
April 22 2013 02:39 GMT
#434
This has just gone from hilarious to sad. It's not like this is mlg's first online qualifier. I just don't understand how there can be so many of these incidents.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:41 GMT
#435
On April 22 2013 11:38 Rostam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:11 AgentW wrote:
[quote]
Frankly, HwangSin shouldn't have been playing Miya by this logic. I think people aren't giving MLG credit for correcting things instead of letting them run incorrectly.


Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Yeah, poor MLG, they really ran the event so well with no mistakes whatsoever. Just bad luck all this shit happened to them.

Sorry, am I raining on your MLG hate parade by pointing out that all this shit was caused by players being idiots?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
QuanticHwangSin
Profile Joined June 2011
23 Posts
April 22 2013 02:41 GMT
#436
On April 22 2013 11:37 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:36 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct


so, what is the real story then?

am I wrong in this situation?? if I am, i will say sorry for make you confused.

MLG is right and you were supposed to play Apocalypse
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:37 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When the bracket was generated Miya and Apocalypse were put in the wrong spot. Apocalypse was supposed to be in your bracket and Miya was supposed to be in Heart's. This pattern is consistent with the rest of the seeding in the round. You had to play the person who lost between Apocalyse and Crank in the winners' bracket, and it was Apocalypse. Sorry you had to play your friend

So was the error on Liquipedia's end or MGLs? I am going to laugh real hard if someone just fucked on updating Liquipedia and it cause everyone to go all conspiracy theory on MLG.

not sure. could be either one


ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.
Seoul
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:45:35
April 22 2013 02:41 GMT
#437
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:46:33
April 22 2013 02:44 GMT
#438
doublepost, sry
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:48:22
April 22 2013 02:44 GMT
#439
On April 22 2013 11:39 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:36 s3rp wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
[quote]

Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.

That is a valid argument or over more days. But live and learn. But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault. I don't know how to prepare for an professional player trying to qualify on someone else's account. That is just so stupid I still can't believe they tried it.


U should prepare ur organisation to except pro's/GM/masters first (without cap)! so they do not have to do this sort of shit.

Edit : they play this game for a living, its there job.. these qualifications have ruined alot for some.. u could think about that..
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
Spooony
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom108 Posts
April 22 2013 02:44 GMT
#440
On April 22 2013 11:41 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:37 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:36 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct


so, what is the real story then?

am I wrong in this situation?? if I am, i will say sorry for make you confused.

MLG is right and you were supposed to play Apocalypse
On April 22 2013 11:37 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When the bracket was generated Miya and Apocalypse were put in the wrong spot. Apocalypse was supposed to be in your bracket and Miya was supposed to be in Heart's. This pattern is consistent with the rest of the seeding in the round. You had to play the person who lost between Apocalyse and Crank in the winners' bracket, and it was Apocalypse. Sorry you had to play your friend

So was the error on Liquipedia's end or MGLs? I am going to laugh real hard if someone just fucked on updating Liquipedia and it cause everyone to go all conspiracy theory on MLG.

not sure. could be either one


ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


Dude, no. You saw that you were playing Miya because the bracket said you were playing Miya. The original bracket you saw was an MLG mistake. They corrected their mistake and that's why the new bracket faced you off against Apoc. You have done NOTHING wrong. MLG owe you, Miya, Apoc & anyone else who was effected by this bracket screw up an apology.
-- "Getting Nerd Chills From Gosu Starcraft Thrills" -- MKP, DeMuslim, Sheth, Polt, Grubby &Thorzain fighting! --
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings41
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 13
sorry 13
Free 13
Yoon 11
zelot 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
qojqva1127
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 124
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1456
shoxiejesuss646
x6flipin272
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
Liquid`LucifroN90
ArmadaUGS75
QueenE65
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 24m
Stellar Fest
1h 24m
OSC
12h 24m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.