• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:18
CEST 19:18
KST 02:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9688 users

WCS America Qualifier so far - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 42 Next All
Awesomeness
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany1361 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:48:30
April 22 2013 02:48 GMT
#441
On April 22 2013 11:39 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:36 s3rp wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
[quote]

Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.

That is a valid argument or over more days. But live and learn. But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault. I don't know how to prepare for an professional player trying to qualify on someone else's account. That is just so stupid I still can't believe they tried it.


People have been using other player's accounts on other servers all the time in wol. They didn't share the account in the tournament, he didn't pretend not to be somebody else and it was THE ONLY way for him to play in the tournament.
xlord 5:0
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:48 GMT
#442
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

Show nested quote +
ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:51:10
April 22 2013 02:48 GMT
#443
On April 22 2013 11:39 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:36 s3rp wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
[quote]

Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.

That is a valid argument or over more days. But live and learn. But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault. I don't know how to prepare for an professional player trying to qualify on someone else's account. That is just so stupid I still can't believe they tried it.


When you organize a big tournament like this you have to account for all kinds fuck ups and mistakes by everyone and potentially be prepared . You can't just run something severly undermanned and cross your fingers nothing stupid happens and be called anything but an amateur. ESL at least had enough Admins to run the tournaments although their production was a bit lacking.

Not to mention the way MLG ran their broadcast , which as a viewer is probably the thing i criticize the most. Trying to hide results and on purpose holding back the games to milk them for extra shows during the week is just straight up unacceptable for me. I can forgive honest mistakes but not this.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
April 22 2013 02:50 GMT
#444
the dqs + hyun completely messed up this tournament. how can they can continue and say this is in anyway legitimate results?
starleague forever
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:50 GMT
#445
On April 22 2013 11:48 Awesomeness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:39 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:36 s3rp wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
[quote]
But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.

That is a valid argument or over more days. But live and learn. But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault. I don't know how to prepare for an professional player trying to qualify on someone else's account. That is just so stupid I still can't believe they tried it.


People have been using other player's accounts on other servers all the time in wol. They didn't share the account in the tournament, he didn't pretend not to be somebody else and it was THE ONLY way for him to play in the tournament.

No, he played under someone else's MLG account that they use to register players for events. He was pretending(though poorly because he used Comm) to be someone else. It had nothing to do with a battlenet account.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:51:05
April 22 2013 02:50 GMT
#446
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
soiii
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany266 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:51:17
April 22 2013 02:50 GMT
#447
The points 2-3 are enough to render this qualifier invalid.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:51:35
April 22 2013 02:51 GMT
#448
On April 22 2013 11:41 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:38 Rostam wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
[quote]

Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Yeah, poor MLG, they really ran the event so well with no mistakes whatsoever. Just bad luck all this shit happened to them.

Sorry, am I raining on your MLG hate parade by pointing out that all this shit was caused by players being idiots?


Way to go insulting the players btw, because it is not obvious the problems with the sign up/check system and how it was handled (or the lack of it).

Nah, we will just let HyuN play in and TL will sort it out spamming us. Not enough spam ? Resurrect him. Comm ? Who is that guy lol ? Oh look this guy has a cute nickname, Fruitbasket, like Fruitdealer. What ? Fruitbasket is Comm ? And he is tearing the bracket apart ? Ban that scrub.

Most of the "idiotic" stuff done by the players, was neither idiotic, but misshandled by MLG. So if you want to keep living in your devil's advocate world, sure pal, probably it's for the best. Btw the brackets, if i had a 1 million dollar bet, i would bet on MLG brackets being wrong, mostly because people who update liquipedia, often double check others people work. But well, we can't see how the MLG bracket was yesterday so, we will never know.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:51 GMT
#449
On April 22 2013 11:48 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:39 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:36 s3rp wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
[quote]
But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.

That is a valid argument or over more days. But live and learn. But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault. I don't know how to prepare for an professional player trying to qualify on someone else's account. That is just so stupid I still can't believe they tried it.


When you organize a big tournament like this you have to account for all kinds fuck ups and mistakes by everyone and potentially be prepared . You can't just run something undermanned and cross you fingers nothing stupid happens and be called anything but an amateur.

Not to mention the way they run their broadcast , which as a viewer is probably the thing i criticize the most. Trying to hide results and on purpose holding back the games to milk them for extra shows during the week is just straight up unacceptable for me. I can forgive honest mistake but not this.

That part is fucking stupid and a lame brain idea. I will not argue with that
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Baroninthetree
Profile Joined August 2012
United States473 Posts
April 22 2013 02:51 GMT
#450
On April 22 2013 11:44 Spooony wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:41 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:37 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:36 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When people dropped down from Winner Round 6, they came in in an order 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then they arranged them to play 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 (they flipped them so no one would play someone they already played, I think). They accidentally put it something like 8 7 6 4 5 3 2 1 (mixing up Miya and Apoc) so they had you playing Miya instead of Apoc.

Can someone confirm this?

they accidentally did it 8 7 4 5 6 3 2 1 instead of 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 but yes what you are saying is correct


so, what is the real story then?

am I wrong in this situation?? if I am, i will say sorry for make you confused.

MLG is right and you were supposed to play Apocalypse
On April 22 2013 11:37 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:33 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 QuanticHwangSin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:28 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I SOLVED THE CASE OF THE BROKEN BRACKET
The current bracket is actually how it is supposed to be. If you look at winners' round 6 from top to bottom, you see that the players eliminated were: JYP, Sage, hendralisk, Miya, Badcop, Apocalypse, Demuslim, and Petraeus. These players were then dropped into losers' round 10 but arranged in the opposite order.
Top bracket to bottom:
Patraeus, Demuslim, etc...
However, the original bracket swapped Miya and Apocalypse. MLG corrected this mistake and the bracket they used tonight was correct. Sorry Hwangsin. You were supposed to play Apocalypse the whole time


Can you explain me why I needed to play against apoc for whole time??

I just want to know it

When the bracket was generated Miya and Apocalypse were put in the wrong spot. Apocalypse was supposed to be in your bracket and Miya was supposed to be in Heart's. This pattern is consistent with the rest of the seeding in the round. You had to play the person who lost between Apocalyse and Crank in the winners' bracket, and it was Apocalypse. Sorry you had to play your friend

So was the error on Liquipedia's end or MGLs? I am going to laugh real hard if someone just fucked on updating Liquipedia and it cause everyone to go all conspiracy theory on MLG.

not sure. could be either one


ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


Dude, no. You saw that you were playing Miya because the bracket said you were playing Miya. The original bracket you saw was an MLG mistake. They corrected their mistake and that's why the new bracket faced you off against Apoc. You have done NOTHING wrong. MLG owe you, Miya, Apoc & anyone else who was effected by this bracket screw up an apology.

How can you make this qualification such a mess. It's not like they are newbie or anything.
I feel really sorry for those affected players.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:53 GMT
#451
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
April 22 2013 02:54 GMT
#452
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I need to get over something? Didn't you just say one post ago that nothing was MLGs fault, and i have to get over something?

All i said is MLG fucked up on several occasions. Period. There's ONE guy in this thread (and all the others) that does not get over this fact and proves it with statements like "doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.". And that's you, sorry.

Not to mention that you're kind of a leaf in the wind, saying "MLG did nothing wrong" and when you get called out on it you refer to "its just human to make mistakes". What now?
Cayn
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany173 Posts
April 22 2013 02:54 GMT
#453
how can such an bracket error even happen are they doing the bracket per hand, when there are thousands of algorithms for tournaments out there ?
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 22 2013 02:55 GMT
#454
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.
Rombur
Profile Joined January 2011
Belgium107 Posts
April 22 2013 02:57 GMT
#455
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?

I'm pretty sure that Huk said on twitter that he is helping his family with the money he makes. Why would it be the only one ?
Jinro, Rain, Sting, Byun, Alive, Bomber Fighting
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 02:58 GMT
#456
On April 22 2013 11:54 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I need to get over something? Didn't you just say one post ago that nothing was MLGs fault, and i have to get over something?

All i said is MLG fucked up on several occasions. Period. There's ONE guy in this thread (and all the others) that does not get over this fact and proves it with statements like "doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.". And that's you, sorry.

Not to mention that you're kind of a leaf in the wind, saying "MLG did nothing wrong" and when you get called out on it you refer to "its just human to make mistakes". What now?

Sorry, that came off more aggressive than I meant it to be. I'm kinda tired. I won't say they didn't make mistakes, but nothing worth the freaking out that is going on. And a lot of those mistakes were made in response to some really stupid shit done by players, or by not responding fast enough.

Its not that I think they ran a flawless event. I am just saying that they didn't make any mistakes I thing are worth getting upset about.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 02:58:55
April 22 2013 02:58 GMT
#457
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
April 22 2013 02:59 GMT
#458
On April 22 2013 11:07 Shodaa wrote:
I still can't get over the fact that there was originally a $20 fee for entering this qualifier ...


A lot of people (on SotG for example) actually agreed the entrance fee is a good agree (but $20 is too high, should be at most $10, maybe $5).

It discourages non-serious players from qualifying and potentially increasing up space for more serious players.

I mean, if a player honestly thinks they have a chance at doing well (and this isn't some other game, SC2 allows you to see how good you are with ladder ranking), then they'll pay to enter.

MLG actually had a $10 pay in fee for some online tournament or qualifier they had in the past before and even then, some non-serious players signed up just to see how fun it could be to try playing pros (not that it was wrong or anything).

If there is no fee at all, then obviously you'll see a ton of people that aren't really serious about playing or trying to win, sign up.

WCS EU should have had a small entrance fee too (Shuttle and a lot of other pro players wouldn't have gotten in if it weren't for someone giving up their spot).

The way GOMTV does it is they give priority to ESF and KeSPA players (which are easy to track down), then any pro players that are known outside of ESF and KeSPA (foreign players for example), then any ladder players that are masters or higher.

In Korea, it's easy to know who is in ESF and/or KeSPA , which is why the system works easily.

Outside of Korea, an entrance fee of like $5 or $10 would be acceptable IMO since it means that only players who are serious about the tournament will invest the money.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
April 22 2013 02:59 GMT
#459
I'm curious what the 23 IPl people Blizzard hired are doing, I would have thought they could have helped make sure both qualifiers ran smoothly.
faintz
Profile Joined June 2010
United States47 Posts
April 22 2013 03:00 GMT
#460
It's not easy to run a tournament of this magnitude and organize it well in such little time, but I think they could of handled some of this more professionally. The root of a lot of this non-sense with the chinese and korean players is the fact that they shouldn't even be allowed to enter a north american league, but thats a completely different topic.

Reading @MLGSundance's tweets today was just more slaps to the face. The guy tries to defend from the "wild accusations" and "misinformation" which for the most part are true. Has the nerve to actually post some reddit post about how someone got to play, and then writes

"Again - I could throw 5 dollar bills into a crowd of eSports fans and some of you would call me an asshole and ask for 10s"

Yeah, we are so ungrateful... what a suit.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 258
UpATreeSC 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1424
EffOrt 1033
Mini 815
Soma 582
actioN 470
Rush 401
Light 324
Larva 319
BeSt 211
Dewaltoss 154
[ Show more ]
Snow 120
hero 103
sorry 89
firebathero 89
Zeus 58
Barracks 53
Liquid`Ret 52
soO 31
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 26
Trap 25
JYJ 24
Bale 22
Shine 21
zelot 17
Rock 10
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7677
qojqva2317
Dendi856
420jenkins191
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps897
Fnx 796
x6flipin512
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5504
Grubby4964
Liquid`Hasu518
Other Games
Beastyqt555
B2W.Neo486
byalli427
ceh9421
Khaldor180
Liquid`VortiX148
ArmadaUGS143
KnowMe137
C9.Mang0114
TKL 95
BRAT_OK 76
Trikslyr53
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV286
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream172
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH278
• StrangeGG 61
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 18
• 80smullet 11
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• FirePhoenix10
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV448
League of Legends
• Nemesis3549
• TFBlade744
Other Games
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 42m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 42m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.