• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9664 users

WCS America Qualifier so far - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 42 Next All
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
April 22 2013 03:21 GMT
#481
MLG just doesn't "get it".

Did they really think that the community would swallow this shitty pill?
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 03:27:11
April 22 2013 03:22 GMT
#482
On April 22 2013 11:41 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:38 Rostam wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:13 m4inbrain wrote:
[quote]

Rigging brackets is "correcting things" now? If people played the wrong persons, just creating a bracket by hand willy nilly is not the way to fix it. Re-doing the whole thing would be, but not arbitrary changing the brackets as it fits best.

But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Yeah, poor MLG, they really ran the event so well with no mistakes whatsoever. Just bad luck all this shit happened to them.

Sorry, am I raining on your MLG hate parade by pointing out that all this shit was caused by players being idiots?


Is it a hate parade to believe they made mistakes? I guess you're just having a Comm hate parade then.

The Comm DQ basically comes down to a matter of opinion. In my opinion, what he did does not essentially violate the intent of the rule and was not harming the integrity of the tournament in any way. You feel otherwise, I get it, no point discussing it further and MLG won't change their minds anyway.

But putting that aside, please tell me how their completely terrible format was caused by players being idiots.

1) Too few spots - if there had been a registration priority like the Code A qualifiers (esf>kespa>masters++>everyone else) then it would've been fine. If they had kept a registration fee it probably would've been fine. Since those things did not happen, they needed to have a bigger bracket. They didn't, and it resulted in a lot of participants being excluded.

2) Bracket luck - Since the top 8 all advance, that means it's easier for less deserving players to qualify if multiple top players all get shoved into the same section of the bracket.

3) No forgiveness - Mistakes happen. Okay, maybe it was the fault of the Chinese players for not registering early enough. That's one of the benefits of having multiple qualifiers - if the players miss the registration, or if they have a bad day and drop a bo3 to a player they would normally beat, they can always look forward to the next qualifier as a chance to redeem themselves. With only one qualifier, there's very little room for error and outside factors can play a larger role than they otherwise would.


MLG's decision to have the spots for the Challenger qualifier determined by their placing in the Premier qualifier makes it even worse. Fucked up in the Premier qualifier, or hit a really strong player early on in the lower bracket? Sucks for you, you not only lose your only shot at Premier but also don't get any chance to try to qualify for Challenger.

Of course there were quite a few smaller issues with their running of the event, but this is basically the cause of most of the problems. It's a fucking bad format.

On April 22 2013 11:51 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:48 s3rp wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:39 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:36 s3rp wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
[quote]

Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Should have had more people running the tournament then so potential problem can be identified and dealt with earlier. Or run more than 1 fucking tournament for the whole damn qualifier.

That is a valid argument or over more days. But live and learn. But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault. I don't know how to prepare for an professional player trying to qualify on someone else's account. That is just so stupid I still can't believe they tried it.


When you organize a big tournament like this you have to account for all kinds fuck ups and mistakes by everyone and potentially be prepared . You can't just run something undermanned and cross you fingers nothing stupid happens and be called anything but an amateur.

Not to mention the way they run their broadcast , which as a viewer is probably the thing i criticize the most. Trying to hide results and on purpose holding back the games to milk them for extra shows during the week is just straight up unacceptable for me. I can forgive honest mistake but not this.

That part is fucking stupid and a lame brain idea. I will not argue with that


Hey, great. I was going to bring this up but I figured it wasn't worth bothering with because you'd just say "MLG is a business and they're just trying to maximize profits". At least we can agree on something.
BW forever || Thall
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
April 22 2013 03:24 GMT
#483
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.

Because working at a law firm makes you perfect... I know people who work in a law firm and are dumb as fuck.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 03:25 GMT
#484
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
April 22 2013 03:26 GMT
#485
On April 22 2013 12:24 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

[quote]

No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.

Because working at a law firm makes you perfect... I know people who work in a law firm and are dumb as fuck.


Same here... and mostly scumbags..
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 03:26 GMT
#486
On April 22 2013 12:24 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

[quote]

No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.

Because working at a law firm makes you perfect... I know people who work in a law firm and are dumb as fuck.

In the post before that one I admit to making mistakes while working at the law firm. You might have missed that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
April 22 2013 03:28 GMT
#487
On April 22 2013 12:26 govie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:24 geokilla wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
[quote]

And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

[quote]

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.

Because working at a law firm makes you perfect... I know people who work in a law firm and are dumb as fuck.


Same here... and mostly scumbags..


Lawyers are just people that have made lying a profession
Long live the Boss Toss!
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 22 2013 03:28 GMT
#488
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
[quote]

Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


You realize no one is looking to sue MLG for liability right? I don't even understand what kind of argument you're trying to make anymore.

I don't like to quote myself because it makes me look like TDL but seriously, do people not understand how completely fucking screwed you are if you don't qualify for season 1 of WCS?

On April 22 2013 11:55 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.


semmeL
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany85 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 03:30:17
April 22 2013 03:30 GMT
#489
On April 22 2013 12:12 Plansix wrote:
Yes, but they told ESL what they were doing. If Comm and his team had told MLG and they said no, you can't do it, I would say MLG was being unreasonable. But the way Comm did it without telling anyone and then getting "caught" makes me fall on the side of DQing him. .


Maybe they tried to contact someone from MLG but didnt get a respond. It seems really likley that this happened, cause MLG didnt had enough admins and were very slow with communication. So if u tried and no ones answering ur just saying wait.. and nothing happens u know that after the first round matches are underway or over the MLG admins couldnt do anything about it anymore. So this whole mess is again the problem of MLG not supporting this tourney with enough manpower cause they want to make the most profit.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 03:30 GMT
#490
On April 22 2013 12:28 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


You realize no one is looking to sue MLG for liability right? I don't even understand what kind of argument you're trying to make anymore.

I don't like to quote myself because it makes me look like TDL but seriously, do people not understand how completely fucking screwed you are if you don't qualify for season 1 of WCS?

Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:55 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.



Yeah, I just ignored your post because you tried to explain to me how WSC worked. And the players who didn't make it can still try out for Code A in NA. I know that is the end of the world and they will never catch up, but don't tell that to anyone in code A in Korea right now. Or Demuslim(I bet he is going to be fine and not retire)
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
j4vz
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada976 Posts
April 22 2013 03:31 GMT
#491
he didnt get caught, he posted it on reddit that he was Comm
someone_elses_lies@live.fr
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
April 22 2013 03:32 GMT
#492
I can sum up page 25 as #fucklawyers
On an unrelated note, having premier league qualifiers be the basis he challenger league qualifiers is dumb. Just have SEPERATE QUALIFIERS!!! I can't say that I'm surprised though, basically none of these organizers had a chance to set up WCS so I guess I can safely say I knew this was coming.
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
April 22 2013 03:32 GMT
#493
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:50 govie wrote:
[quote]

Tell that to the progamers that need to feed there families, mlg is so freaking selfish. And now there stuck...

There are professional gamers out there with 5 hungry children trying to make ends meet? Why are they trying to feed their hungry children by playing SC2?


Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


i do not care about your office at all. mlg fucked up, damage has been done.. they should repair it.
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 03:34:05
April 22 2013 03:33 GMT
#494
On April 22 2013 12:30 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:28 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:58 govie wrote:
[quote]

Because its there fucking job!

Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


You realize no one is looking to sue MLG for liability right? I don't even understand what kind of argument you're trying to make anymore.

I don't like to quote myself because it makes me look like TDL but seriously, do people not understand how completely fucking screwed you are if you don't qualify for season 1 of WCS?

On April 22 2013 11:55 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.



Yeah, I just ignored your post because you tried to explain to me how WSC worked. And the players who didn't make it can still try out for Code A in NA. I know that is the end of the world and they will never catch up, but don't tell that to anyone in code A in Korea right now. Or Demuslim(I bet he is going to be fine and not retire)


They can only try out for Code A in NA if they were top 40 in the qualifier, the Chinese players who didn't get in cannot play in the challenger league qualifiers. Being Code A in Korea is different because you have the possibility of being in Code S for season 2 which in that case you might be able to get enough points to go to blizzcon.
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
April 22 2013 03:35 GMT
#495
I think a lot of people are angry because they think that giving MLG the reins for this was possibly a mistake, and perhaps an NASL might have been a better choice. MLG is a Lan event, that's what they were, and that's what they excel at. NASL has a lot of experience with casting online stuff, and have done a grand ol' job.

Not only did their decision to use MLG means that MLG gets total dominance over the NA Scene (no competing prime-time online tournament and they get to do their LANs anyway), but it also hurts NASL. I'm not even sure what the NASL is going to do now, except leave the SC2 scene and start doing LoL or Dota2. They don't have the infrastructure to do what MLG does in terms of LAN, and they aren't allowed to run an on-going tournament because it would conflict with WCS Na/Eu/Kr.

So instead of having a rapidly improving and a community-loved team run the show (and would have done a fabulous job as indicated by the WCS Eu day 2 recently), we get MLG who really have never had any business running online tournaments. I'm not furious or anything, but the bitching by the community has been well warranted. They haven't put any extraneous effort into the qualifiers aside from setting up a bracket and doing the studio production. The casting has been fine (which people were thinking it was not, Axslav and Axeltoss have done a fabulous job). But you have to put some effort into some common sense things:

1) Making sure the players who should be there ARE there

2) WCS Na is home to many other regions like CN and AU, so they should have been more accommodating. As far as I know, they just treated the CN community as any other player which I think is a big mistake. They could prove to be VERY interesting story lines and neglecting the CN scene is a huge mistake

3) Vetting the process. "Known" or suspicious players should at least be thoroughly checked to make sure they are clean. The fact that Hyun beat 4 players before the admins realizing he can't play WCS Na is really inexcusable.
We talkin about PRACTICE
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 03:38 GMT
#496
On April 22 2013 12:33 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:30 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:28 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:02 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
Well this fictional SC2 player with 5 hungry children should get a different job so he can feed them? Seriously, you are going to make the "He can't feed his babies because of what MLG did to him!" argument?


U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


You realize no one is looking to sue MLG for liability right? I don't even understand what kind of argument you're trying to make anymore.

I don't like to quote myself because it makes me look like TDL but seriously, do people not understand how completely fucking screwed you are if you don't qualify for season 1 of WCS?

On April 22 2013 11:55 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.



Yeah, I just ignored your post because you tried to explain to me how WSC worked. And the players who didn't make it can still try out for Code A in NA. I know that is the end of the world and they will never catch up, but don't tell that to anyone in code A in Korea right now. Or Demuslim(I bet he is going to be fine and not retire)


They can only try out for Code A in NA if they were top 40 in the qualifier, the Chinese players who didn't get in cannot play in the challenger league qualifiers. Being Code A in Korea is different because you have the possibility of being in Code S for season 2 which in that case you might be able to get enough points to go to blizzcon.

That is rough and they should work with MLG to try to see if an exception can be made for Comm and the other players, since they clearly just misunderstood the rule about how the qualifier worked. However, trying to slid Comm in under the radar was not the way to do it.

Exceptions can be made for great players and its clear China has a few. But this is not the way to get that accomplished and breaking the rules isn't either.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 22 2013 03:40 GMT
#497
On April 22 2013 12:38 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:33 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:30 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:28 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
[quote]

U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


You realize no one is looking to sue MLG for liability right? I don't even understand what kind of argument you're trying to make anymore.

I don't like to quote myself because it makes me look like TDL but seriously, do people not understand how completely fucking screwed you are if you don't qualify for season 1 of WCS?

On April 22 2013 11:55 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.



Yeah, I just ignored your post because you tried to explain to me how WSC worked. And the players who didn't make it can still try out for Code A in NA. I know that is the end of the world and they will never catch up, but don't tell that to anyone in code A in Korea right now. Or Demuslim(I bet he is going to be fine and not retire)


They can only try out for Code A in NA if they were top 40 in the qualifier, the Chinese players who didn't get in cannot play in the challenger league qualifiers. Being Code A in Korea is different because you have the possibility of being in Code S for season 2 which in that case you might be able to get enough points to go to blizzcon.

That is rough and they should work with MLG to try to see if an exception can be made for Comm and the other players, since they clearly just misunderstood the rule about how the qualifier worked. However, trying to slid Comm in under the radar was not the way to do it.

Exceptions can be made for great players and its clear China has a few. But this is not the way to get that accomplished and breaking the rules isn't either.


For WCS EU the Challenger League qualifier is going to be completely separate from the premier qualifiers as well, so I see no reason why MLG cannot run another qualifier for that. You would think WCS would have a universal way of doing things instead of each region having different rules, ways to qualify, and map pools.
ggrrg
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Bulgaria2717 Posts
April 22 2013 03:42 GMT
#498
On April 22 2013 12:22 Rostam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 11:41 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:38 Rostam wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:31 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:26 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:22 stuchiu wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:18 AgentW wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:17 ChaosShadow wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:15 AgentW wrote:
[quote]
But that's not what they did. They had guys who lost in the winner's round drop down to play people in that same bracket in the loser's round. That's clearly a misstep, and they corrected it. Do you think that MLG rigged this so Quantic could teamkill?


Maybe so, but that then calls into question the validity of the whole tournament due to swapping of players and brackets after games had already been played and people had already been knocked out. The only fair way of doing something like swapping entire brackets would be to re-do everything.

That's fair, but we live in a world in which that doesn't work logistically. In my opinion, they did what was best at the point at which they had discovered their error.


The first day of Premier WCS NA is on April 29. They could have just re-run the qualifier with enough time.

So what about the players that qualified, they just lose out because a hacker played in the event? Or because a Hyun played when he wasn't supposed to? Or because Comm used an account he wasn't supposed to? If we want to talk about not fair, that would be the worst thing MLG could to players who did nothing wrong.


Keep playing out the bracket as if it's an MLG and have the top 4 qualify or something like that. Make another new qualifier for the other 4.


I don't think that is an option and its not really any of the other players fault that all this happened. MLG didn't know all these people were going to do this crazy shit.


Yeah, poor MLG, they really ran the event so well with no mistakes whatsoever. Just bad luck all this shit happened to them.

Sorry, am I raining on your MLG hate parade by pointing out that all this shit was caused by players being idiots?


Is it a hate parade to believe they made mistakes? I guess you're just having a Comm hate parade then.

The Comm DQ basically comes down to a matter of opinion. In my opinion, what he did does not essentially violate the intent of the rule and was not harming the integrity of the tournament in any way. You feel otherwise, I get it, no point discussing it further and MLG won't change their minds anyway.

But putting that aside, please tell me how their completely terrible format was caused by players being idiots.

1) Too few spots - if there had been a registration priority like the Code A qualifiers (esf>kespa>masters++>everyone else) then it would've been fine. If they had kept a registration fee it probably would've been fine. Since those things did not happen, they needed to have a bigger bracket. They didn't, and it resulted in a lot of participants being excluded.

2) Bracket luck - Since the top 8 all advance, that means it's easier for less deserving players to qualify if multiple top players all get shoved into the same section of the bracket.

3) No forgiveness - Mistakes happen. Okay, maybe it was the fault of the Chinese players for not registering early enough. That's one of the benefits of having multiple qualifiers - if the players miss the registration, or if they have a bad day and drop a bo3 to a player they would normally beat, they can always look forward to the next qualifier as a chance to redeem themselves. With only one qualifier, there's very little room for error and outside factors can play a larger role than they otherwise would.


MLG's decision to have the spots for the Challenger qualifier determined by their placing in the Premier qualifier makes it even worse. Fucked up in the Premier qualifier, or hit a really strong player early on in the lower bracket? Sucks for you, you not only lose your only shot at Premier but also don't get any chance to try to qualify for Challenger.

Of course there were quite a few smaller issues with their running of the event, but this is basically the cause of most of the problems. It's a fucking bad format.


That's actually incredibly terrible. They have a single qualifier for both their leagues, which has only 512 spots!?
EU had over 4000 qualification spots for their premier league alone.
KR had 576 spots for their challenger league.

btw, I kind of don't agree with your 2). At least they had a double elimination tourney. That was probably the only good thing about the whole qualification.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 22 2013 03:42 GMT
#499
On April 22 2013 12:40 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:38 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:33 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:30 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:28 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


You realize no one is looking to sue MLG for liability right? I don't even understand what kind of argument you're trying to make anymore.

I don't like to quote myself because it makes me look like TDL but seriously, do people not understand how completely fucking screwed you are if you don't qualify for season 1 of WCS?

On April 22 2013 11:55 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.



Yeah, I just ignored your post because you tried to explain to me how WSC worked. And the players who didn't make it can still try out for Code A in NA. I know that is the end of the world and they will never catch up, but don't tell that to anyone in code A in Korea right now. Or Demuslim(I bet he is going to be fine and not retire)


They can only try out for Code A in NA if they were top 40 in the qualifier, the Chinese players who didn't get in cannot play in the challenger league qualifiers. Being Code A in Korea is different because you have the possibility of being in Code S for season 2 which in that case you might be able to get enough points to go to blizzcon.

That is rough and they should work with MLG to try to see if an exception can be made for Comm and the other players, since they clearly just misunderstood the rule about how the qualifier worked. However, trying to slid Comm in under the radar was not the way to do it.

Exceptions can be made for great players and its clear China has a few. But this is not the way to get that accomplished and breaking the rules isn't either.


For WCS EU the Challenger League qualifier is going to be completely separate from the premier qualifiers as well, so I see no reason why MLG cannot run another qualifier for that. You would think WCS would have a universal way of doing things instead of each region having different rules, ways to qualify, and map pools.

I am not going to disagree with you there, but throwing a hissy fit on reddit and TL is not going to fix the issue. If anything, I just hurts everyone involved. The Chinese players need to reach out to MLG professionally and try to get this fixed so their players can play or try out for Code A. And they should reach out to Blizzard to.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-22 03:44:26
April 22 2013 03:42 GMT
#500
On April 22 2013 12:38 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 12:33 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:30 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:28 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:25 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:21 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:18 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:12 govie wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:09 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 12:06 govie wrote:
[quote]

U really do not understand do you? how old are you really? U pay rent/mortgage, then u must know why the job and getting payed is important!

I have both. As previously stated I work at a law firm. And sometimes I make mistakes at both and people get over it. Sometimes it even costs people money. It happens and we all move on, understanding that no one meant for the mistake to happen.


When a caraccident happens and its your fault. The guy gets his legs torn off and is an invalide. He cant work because of ur fault. Ill bet there are laywers enough out there that will get him payed his damages and future damages.

I don't know what argument you are trying to make, but you are making it really poorly. Nothing that happened to day resembled someone losing a limb.


Ohh please... MLG fucked up in a way that progamers cant do there job right (exactly the same thing as with the caraccident). And u just wave it away, its not that simple. Go ask your laywerfriends.

No its not. I know how liability works and none of this counts. I mean, we could make come creative arguments about harm based on MLGs actions. But the phrase "creative arguments" in the office is normally applied to terrible arguments.


You realize no one is looking to sue MLG for liability right? I don't even understand what kind of argument you're trying to make anymore.

I don't like to quote myself because it makes me look like TDL but seriously, do people not understand how completely fucking screwed you are if you don't qualify for season 1 of WCS?

On April 22 2013 11:55 Dodgin wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:48 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 11:41 m4inbrain wrote:
But that still doesn't make any of what caused these problems their fault.


And so it starts again. F'ing up brackets and letting Hyun compete was of course not their fault. It was mine. I apologize.

ah okay, sorry for make you busy with this.

I was preparing for play against Miya for whole night and even I was dreaming that i play PvZ with a strategy.
But then I needed to play against Apoc who is one of my best friend in the world, also team member.
I really wanted to him make a spot on premier with great performance but when I saw the changed bracket, I was like "wtf is it.... wtf.. wtf..... " I couldn't think anything then, I and Apoc are really need to win something like WCS since we have no Dreamhack, GSL etc.

but anyway, If MLG was correct, I want to say sorry.


No need to apologize, you're right to be angry. Especially because you prepared for something, which was rendered useless by MLGs mistake.

You know I work in law and we submit things to the court all the time. Two weeks ago I submitted something with the wrong caption(header to a court document) and my attorney got called on it in open court. You know what he said: "My paralegal must have made a mistake, but the facts of the motion are 100% correct" And the Judge responded that it happens to everyone if they do this long enough.

If it is good enough for Court, it is good enough for MLG. People make mistakes, in both law and SC2 events. Get over it.


I don't think saying " they screwed up, get over it. " is acceptable when you consider what is on the line here. In case you don't understand the WCS system for 2013 I'll explain it to you.

There are three seasons, with a season finals for each season. You get points for your placement in each season and season finals, plus some for non-wcs tournaments. If you are not able to get into the WCS qualifier for season 1, you not only miss out on being in the tournament itself but you are not able to be in Premier league until season 3 of this year because the way the qualifiers are done will be changed for season 2. In season 2 there will be no direct premier league qualifiers so you will have to qualify for challenger and then make your way to premier for season 3.

Because of this mistake a player with the potential to compete in all 3 of the season finals this year now has no possibility to make it to premier league or the season finals for the first two seasons, and because of that they also have 0 chance to make it to Blizzcon where the most money will be given out. If I was a pro gamer and this happened to me I would consider retiring.



Yeah, I just ignored your post because you tried to explain to me how WSC worked. And the players who didn't make it can still try out for Code A in NA. I know that is the end of the world and they will never catch up, but don't tell that to anyone in code A in Korea right now. Or Demuslim(I bet he is going to be fine and not retire)


They can only try out for Code A in NA if they were top 40 in the qualifier, the Chinese players who didn't get in cannot play in the challenger league qualifiers. Being Code A in Korea is different because you have the possibility of being in Code S for season 2 which in that case you might be able to get enough points to go to blizzcon.

That is rough and they should work with MLG to try to see if an exception can be made for Comm and the other players, since they clearly just misunderstood the rule about how the qualifier worked. However, trying to slid Comm in under the radar was not the way to do it.

Exceptions can be made for great players and its clear China has a few. But this is not the way to get that accomplished and breaking the rules isn't either.


The word "slid" implies he did it on purpose this way, but thats not the case. He posted on reddit which name was his.. there was no "slid".. or anything like that. He was ope about who he was.

And we also have the 4 peeps that huyn dismantled.. and the others that got framed by the map/drophacker. How mny examples do u need.....
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft404
RuFF_SC2 200
Nina 90
-ZergGirl 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2128
sorry 37
910 26
Bale 17
yabsab 15
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1159
taco 317
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox825
Other Games
summit1g8477
JimRising 664
Day[9].tv463
WinterStarcraft319
C9.Mang0284
Livibee148
Sick131
Maynarde127
ViBE99
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota294
League of Legends
• Stunt375
Other Games
• Day9tv463
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 29m
Stellar Fest
8h 29m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.