• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:32
CEST 10:32
KST 17:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7954 users

Patch 1.5 thoughts? - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 60 Next
boomudead1
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States186 Posts
August 01 2012 00:06 GMT
#441
On August 01 2012 08:56 DionysusZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 08:55 boomudead1 wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:41 pallad wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:34 boomudead1 wrote:
5-10 fps drop on low


Some screen maby ? Many people write they have more fps now. Maby its depands on graphics card you got , and what directx you are using.

i dont have a good pc but i get around 42 prepatch. now 29ish. everything is on low
a bit more stuttering too


I have a decent gaming PC and I, too, have this problem. 25ish FPS with everything on lowest settings.

it wudve been 25ish for me too if i didnt manually bump every setting down to 2 bytes
Crowned
Profile Joined August 2011
United States368 Posts
August 01 2012 00:07 GMT
#442
On August 01 2012 09:06 sCCrooked wrote:
I thought I'd post this here since I don't think it deserves its own topic until I've explored more. I just played a ZvT where I no longer have the option of spawning ITs while burrowed for infestors.

Has anyone else had this happening? I haven't seen mention of it yet.


I think someone else mentioned it in this very thread, was it custom game or ladder?
It's cool to love to win, but it's better to hate to lose.
nucLeaRTV
Profile Joined May 2011
Romania822 Posts
August 01 2012 00:07 GMT
#443
I want the old Low settings back
"Having your own haters means you are famous"
sCCrooked
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1306 Posts
August 01 2012 00:08 GMT
#444
On August 01 2012 09:07 Crowned wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 09:06 sCCrooked wrote:
I thought I'd post this here since I don't think it deserves its own topic until I've explored more. I just played a ZvT where I no longer have the option of spawning ITs while burrowed for infestors.

Has anyone else had this happening? I haven't seen mention of it yet.


I think someone else mentioned it in this very thread, was it custom game or ladder?


I didn't check all the pages so its entirely possible. It was ladder. I was trying to spam ITs on an expo when I realized "holy crap I can't do it anymore!". It sort of ruined my gameplan o_O
Enlightened in an age of anti-intellectualism and quotidian repetitiveness of asinine assumptive thinking. Best lycan guide evar --> "Fixing solo queue all pick one game at a time." ~KwarK-
Tarfire
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada67 Posts
August 01 2012 00:09 GMT
#445
First off, to those saying that nobody can run the game on more than lowest without lag. I am running the game on Ultra, and it is running even smoother than pre-patch. Same FPS but no lag at the start of games ever. My setup isn't even that powerful.

Second, the more I hear people say that the chat window is too small, I want to punch a wall. You can expand the chat window to any size. You can literally make it full screen so that it looks like an SC1 BW chat channel.

Third, stop saying that it takes so long to navigate around. If you click on the bottom left arrow you can see hotkeys to get to main pages. F2 takes you to quickmatch, F5 lets you make a custom. Simple, easy, efficient.

Now that that's explained. I love the patch. I think the UI looks pretty cool, I love that Match History is easier to access, and shows more of the list than previous. Also, I love the Fog of War change, and how the creep looks now. Everything just feels better overall.
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
August 01 2012 00:11 GMT
#446
On August 01 2012 09:06 boomudead1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 08:56 DionysusZerg wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:55 boomudead1 wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:41 pallad wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:34 boomudead1 wrote:
5-10 fps drop on low


Some screen maby ? Many people write they have more fps now. Maby its depands on graphics card you got , and what directx you are using.

i dont have a good pc but i get around 42 prepatch. now 29ish. everything is on low
a bit more stuttering too


I have a decent gaming PC and I, too, have this problem. 25ish FPS with everything on lowest settings.

it wudve been 25ish for me too if i didnt manually bump every setting down to 2 bytes

how do you do that?
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:13:37
August 01 2012 00:12 GMT
#447
I can't upload my arcade map to bnet. Tried a bunch of times, still getting this error "Document information could not be retrieved: Internal Battle.net error."

Today was supposed to be the day for the map makers to play their creations with more people on the release client. Instead it seems most people are unable to get their maps on the new client. Blizzard sucks at launches lately. I imagine HOTS will be unplayable for at least several hours after it is released.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
Samp
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada783 Posts
August 01 2012 00:12 GMT
#448
My creep is really pale, I barely can see it on my minimap, anyone else has this/knows how to fix it?
Banelings, "They're cute, they live in a nest". -Artosis
Ironsights
Profile Joined January 2011
United States196 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:15:26
August 01 2012 00:13 GMT
#449
it does feel...different in game.

I think its just htat performance improved and I am used to a touch more lag? Dunno.

Graphics changes in game are slick.

I don't like the new UI. Feels complciated for the sake of complexity, without being more useful. Just...odd.

Oh well, blizzard likes breaking things.

OH, and if that thing about not being able to launch IT from burrow is true...this patch just became freaking sweet. lol.
Pain, like any other emotion, can be turned off. // If there can be no victory, then I shall fight forever.
Karawasa
Profile Joined July 2011
United States58 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:14:25
August 01 2012 00:13 GMT
#450
On August 01 2012 09:12 gn1k wrote:
Today was supposed to be the day for the map makers to play their creations with more people on the release client. Instead it seems most people are unable to get there maps on the new client. Blizzard sucks at launches lately. I imagine HOTS will be unplayable for at least several hours after it is released.


It is annoying as hell for all map makers. Several hours for HotS to work? At this rate, probably days.
Crowned
Profile Joined August 2011
United States368 Posts
August 01 2012 00:15 GMT
#451
On August 01 2012 09:12 Samp wrote:
My creep is really pale, I barely can see it on my minimap, anyone else has this/knows how to fix it?


That's the new creep design, same way it's going to be in HotS if you watch the battle reports.
It's cool to love to win, but it's better to hate to lose.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
August 01 2012 00:15 GMT
#452
On August 01 2012 09:13 Karawasa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 09:12 gn1k wrote:
Today was supposed to be the day for the map makers to play their creations with more people on the release client. Instead it seems most people are unable to get there maps on the new client. Blizzard sucks at launches lately. I imagine HOTS will be unplayable for at least several hours after it is released.


It is annoying as hell for all map makers. Several hours for HotS to work? At this rate, probably days.


I can't even publish maps.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
boomudead1
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States186 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:19:06
August 01 2012 00:15 GMT
#453
On August 01 2012 09:11 Sub40APM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 09:06 boomudead1 wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:56 DionysusZerg wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:55 boomudead1 wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:41 pallad wrote:
On August 01 2012 08:34 boomudead1 wrote:
5-10 fps drop on low


Some screen maby ? Many people write they have more fps now. Maby its depands on graphics card you got , and what directx you are using.

i dont have a good pc but i get around 42 prepatch. now 29ish. everything is on low
a bit more stuttering too


I have a decent gaming PC and I, too, have this problem. 25ish FPS with everything on lowest settings.

it wudve been 25ish for me too if i didnt manually bump every setting down to 2 bytes

how do you do that?

variables.txt u cant lower everything. but water textures, fogs, completely remove shadows. and terrain texture. and more. help u see burrow roaches and infester easily too.
it turns the map into some sort of claymap
NightHawXXX
Profile Joined June 2011
United States16 Posts
August 01 2012 00:16 GMT
#454
Everything feels a lot smoother, experiencing no lag what so ever. (Running All Settings Maxed.) The creep on the minimap is light purple, and it makes it easier to see stuff moving on it and the fog of war is very sexy.

Only problem, I have experienced is crashing when looking at other people's profiles.
Hmm, its time to make units.
Samp
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada783 Posts
August 01 2012 00:20 GMT
#455
On August 01 2012 09:15 Crowned wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 09:12 Samp wrote:
My creep is really pale, I barely can see it on my minimap, anyone else has this/knows how to fix it?


That's the new creep design, same way it's going to be in HotS if you watch the battle reports.


wow...damn thats the worst creep design ever, fuck blizzard.
Banelings, "They're cute, they live in a nest". -Artosis
ktimekiller
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States690 Posts
August 01 2012 00:20 GMT
#456
Looking at minerals causes graphical artifacts to appear on my end
Scurvy
Profile Joined March 2012
United States117 Posts
August 01 2012 00:20 GMT
#457
Man, I wish I was able to judge the new patch. I am still waiting for Blizz to give us Mac users a fix to our problem, but once they do and I can get on, I'll make sure to post my thoughts here:D
With it or on it.
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
August 01 2012 00:22 GMT
#458
cant doubleclick to whisper people from chat channel, and way too many things have 2-3 borders around them. when you have them all together on screen it's just this bombardment of fucking borders and it does t he opposite of making things look clean and organized :z
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
August 01 2012 00:24 GMT
#459
On August 01 2012 09:07 nucLeaRTV wrote:
I want the old Low settings back


Me too T_T
Shrimpy949
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada53 Posts
August 01 2012 00:24 GMT
#460
So Ultra's don't break forcefields anymore?
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4260
Leta 2655
Soulkey 491
BeSt 477
Soma 263
Rush 146
Killer 44
ZergMaN 29
Shine 28
Shinee 22
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 12
Dota 2
XcaliburYe222
League of Legends
JimRising 583
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
WinterStarcraft718
Sick280
Pyrionflax57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 38
• 3DClanTV 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2330
League of Legends
• Jankos1873
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 28m
Patches Events
6h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 28m
OSC
14h 28m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.