• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:20
CEST 11:20
KST 18:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8500 users

Patch 1.5 thoughts? - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 60 Next
JustPlay
Profile Joined September 2010
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:30:05
August 01 2012 00:26 GMT
#461
They really need new UI design talent. Pretty much all of their post-wc3 UIs have sucked. WoW, SC2, D3. The only good thing about the WoW UI is how open it is. That way you don't have to use their terrible UI. BNet2.0 has been a disaster in general, and I can't believe I am still saying that years later.

It takes two extra clicks to do anything in the new ui. That's a pretty serious problem.

They downgraded chats big time. You can see less users without scrolling, and they made everyone's text the same color as yours. The darker background combined with it glowing in your text's color causes it to look very blurry.

You can't even see the name of friends you added on D3 now. For example if you added "Bobby" on D3, it will show him as (character) instead of Bobby (character) like it did in the previous patch.
DemigodcelpH
Profile Joined August 2011
1138 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:30:50
August 01 2012 00:29 GMT
#462
On August 01 2012 09:20 Samp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 09:15 Crowned wrote:
On August 01 2012 09:12 Samp wrote:
My creep is really pale, I barely can see it on my minimap, anyone else has this/knows how to fix it?


That's the new creep design, same way it's going to be in HotS if you watch the battle reports.


wow...damn thats the worst creep design ever, fuck blizzard.


Nope it's much better this way. I honestly hated seeing the minimap with an ugly dark purple obscuring view of everything.

On August 01 2012 09:09 Tarfire wrote:
First off, to those saying that nobody can run the game on more than lowest without lag. I am running the game on Ultra, and it is running even smoother than pre-patch. Same FPS but no lag at the start of games ever. My setup isn't even that powerful.

Second, the more I hear people say that the chat window is too small, I want to punch a wall. You can expand the chat window to any size. You can literally make it full screen so that it looks like an SC1 BW chat channel.

Third, stop saying that it takes so long to navigate around. If you click on the bottom left arrow you can see hotkeys to get to main pages. F2 takes you to quickmatch, F5 lets you make a custom. Simple, easy, efficient.

Now that that's explained. I love the patch. I think the UI looks pretty cool, I love that Match History is easier to access, and shows more of the list than previous. Also, I love the Fog of War change, and how the creep looks now. Everything just feels better overall.


+1 great patch
MeriaDoKk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Chile1726 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:37:15
August 01 2012 00:29 GMT
#463
"You need an official Blizzard language pack to play"...
I love patching

EDIT: Fixed apparently, thanks to this post

On August 01 2012 01:17 dreamseller wrote:
ok
its documents sc2 folder variables file.
localeidassets=ensg
localeiddata=ensg make sure you have sg on the end. mine had gb


translation: my documents - starcraft ii - Variable.txt -edit the two lines in the quote

this worked for me

Crowned
Profile Joined August 2011
United States368 Posts
August 01 2012 00:30 GMT
#464
On August 01 2012 09:24 Shrimpy949 wrote:
So Ultra's don't break forcefields anymore?


Not in custom games. On ladder yes.
It's cool to love to win, but it's better to hate to lose.
whatevername
Profile Joined June 2012
471 Posts
August 01 2012 00:31 GMT
#465
Pretty much a great patch. Arcade will increase the shelf life massively.
JLew
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada353 Posts
August 01 2012 00:31 GMT
#466
I can't believe how cumbersome the new UI is...Appearance wise I actually like it...

But why does it take so much more effort to see anything?

Everything takes an extra click than it did before.
@Triumph_eSports . www.Triumph-eSports.com
wajd
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
240 Posts
August 01 2012 00:32 GMT
#467
I really wish I could play and see how the game looks now, but Blizzard hates mac users...
m3wtw0
Profile Joined March 2011
United States23 Posts
August 01 2012 00:34 GMT
#468
Is anyone else getting black screen of death after the patch?
SuperSloth
Profile Joined April 2012
38 Posts
August 01 2012 00:35 GMT
#469
God i love the f2 thing to be able to go to quickmatch.
wajd
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
240 Posts
August 01 2012 00:36 GMT
#470
On August 01 2012 09:34 m3wtw0 wrote:
Is anyone else getting black screen of death after the patch?


People like me can no longer play SC2 if they use Macbook 10.5.8. So we all need to buy a new computer.
I envy your black screen of death..
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
August 01 2012 00:38 GMT
#471
On August 01 2012 09:32 wajd wrote:
I really wish I could play and see how the game looks now, but Blizzard hates mac users...

have a look at the 2nd to top comment in this thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/xg6ct/so_what_do_you_guys_think_of_the_new_ui/
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
August 01 2012 00:39 GMT
#472
On August 01 2012 09:31 JLew wrote:
I can't believe how cumbersome the new UI is...Appearance wise I actually like it...

But why does it take so much more effort to see anything?

Everything takes an extra click than it did before.


Because they wanted to make the arcade only be 1 click away from the main screen. Unfortunately it pushed quick match back 2 clicks, but: they also added the quick nav so if those 2 clicks matter to you because you mostly play multiplayer: use the hotkeys.
Ryder.
Profile Joined January 2011
1117 Posts
August 01 2012 00:39 GMT
#473
On August 01 2012 04:40 TheGiftedApe wrote:
woah, everything is so dark. Wish they would have added anyof the things we want such as, clan support, restart form replay, spectator replays, chat channel moderation...

God damnit guys sick of people bringing this up. There was a huge thread on TL not too long ago where blizzard said they will be releasing these features with the HOTS release. They made it explicitly clear when they were going to release them and it was never going to be in 1.5. Just do a damn search before you start whining this thread up.
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 00:42:28
August 01 2012 00:41 GMT
#474
Will this affect assembly? Since apparently this reversed version crap is going on in custom games from what I hear.
"Right on" - Morrow
Eps
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada240 Posts
August 01 2012 00:44 GMT
#475
Has anyone noticed graphic changes for those running on Low Settings? My laptop can only run SCII - well barely on the lowest possible settings. It's running on an integrated Video Card - so yeah.
I do have a desktop that I use primarily for gaming, the Laptop is for quick-fixes when I feel like playing a few matches and I'm not at home.

I've noticed that the screen resolution for games has actually changed, and my mini-map is now extremely small. I'm running at 1280x768 as I've always had but now everything seems off.
The terrain detail also looks to have changed as well. That part I don't mind since it doesn't affect gameplay but my mini-map is my main concern.
[image loading]
I've uploaded a Screenshot. The WT icons right now are extremely small. It's also hard to distinguish if 1 blob is several units or just 1 now.
MVega
Profile Joined November 2010
763 Posts
August 01 2012 00:45 GMT
#476
On August 01 2012 09:35 SuperSloth wrote:
God i love the f2 thing to be able to go to quickmatch.


Same. It's much more efficient.

I really wish people would stop complaining about the chat windows. You can resize them easily now and even make them huge if you want to. Can even make them like BW's chat.
bumkin: How can you play like 50 games per day... I 4gate 2 times then it's nap time
m3wtw0
Profile Joined March 2011
United States23 Posts
August 01 2012 00:52 GMT
#477
Why did they change the graphic for warpgate cooldowns? It looks so much worse.
boomudead1
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States186 Posts
August 01 2012 00:52 GMT
#478
On August 01 2012 09:24 covetousrat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2012 09:07 nucLeaRTV wrote:
I want the old Low settings back


Me too T_T

same here ;/
LeafMeAlone
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States301 Posts
August 01 2012 00:55 GMT
#479
The new "low" settings seem to be really good @_@.

Also, my Korean audio for NA client got replaced by English and I know I won't be able to change it back but has anybody lost the color mods or any other mods?
~_~
Zaqwert
Profile Joined June 2008
United States411 Posts
August 01 2012 00:56 GMT
#480
I think it was kind of a waste of time. I mean it's different, but not really better, but not really worse.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5939
Rain 3847
Leta 2470
Soulkey 418
Soma 333
BeSt 262
Rush 216
Barracks 179
firebathero 127
Killer 50
[ Show more ]
soO 49
Sexy 46
Shinee 37
Stork 35
Shine 32
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 17
Sharp 13
Sacsri 12
sorry 9
Noble 4
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc3291
XcaliburYe164
League of Legends
JimRising 506
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns25093
WinterStarcraft727
Sick173
Pyrionflax167
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Sammyuel 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2230
League of Legends
• Jankos2430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
40m
Patches Events
5h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 40m
OSC
13h 40m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.