• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7248 users

Match Making Rating Tool - Page 98

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 207 Next
shadogi
Profile Joined November 2011
United States194 Posts
October 23 2012 21:45 GMT
#1941
Why did I lose MMR for winning? I've also noticed that sometimes when I win against someone with a similar MMR, I will get 15-20 points, but other times it will give me 8 or less. What's up?

http://imgur.com/CVvjH
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 22:44:54
October 23 2012 21:50 GMT
#1942
On October 24 2012 06:45 shadogi wrote:
Why did I lose MMR for winning? I've also noticed that sometimes when I win against someone with a similar MMR, I will get 15-20 points, but other times it will give me 8 or less. What's up?

http://imgur.com/CVvjH

Because the program is not accurate to the last point!

Every game have a errormargin. Often its +-12 points sometimes way more.
I try to correct it as far as i can with the given information.

Technical:
Case A: Last game is a good game:
Game 1 Was to high. Game 2 can not be corrected higher than 1 because Game 3 would tell otherwise.
In this case you can see the fall after a win as correction of an overall to high value.

Case B: Last game was a bad game.
The correction function will wait for the next good game to correct the fall after a win.
If next good game allow it, he will raise the marked game and all games between this one and the good game above the game before the Fall.
If next good game dont allow it, he will not correct it because in this case a correction would create follow up mistakes. See Case A.


For you its a mistake in the data, for me its a success that you complain about +-10 points ^^
See it this way:10 points wrong at 1500 points is more than 99% accurate
And even here its possible the correction algorithm is still waiting for data and will correct it with next good game.
Save gaming: kill esport
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 10:08:58
October 25 2012 07:52 GMT
#1943
Ladders seem to be now locked at least on some servers.

EU server was supposed to be locked on Wednesday, October 24 at 23:59 p.m. CEST: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6298734/2012_Season_4_Lock_Incoming_-18_10_2012

US server was supposed to be locked at same time: Wednesday, October 24 at 23:59 p.m. CEST: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7634960/2012_Season_4_Lock_Incoming_-10_18_2012

I monitored what happened to bonus pools during the night (EU time).

EU bonus pools indeed stopped growing both in-game & website during the night. Max bonus pool for master+ seems to be 552 and for diamond- 320.

But US bonus pools did not stop growing at that time (kept rising both on client & website). But 30 minutes ago 11:59 p.m PDT a news article was posted that US server would now be locked: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7681241/2012_Season_4_Now_Locked-10_24_2012

If the US server was locked just 30 minutes ago (writing time, not posting) the max pool for master+ seems to be 561 and for diamond- 325. It has to be later confirmed if the bonus pools indeed stopped growing both on client & website on that time.


Edit: Now 3 hours has passed since the 'locked' post and bonus pools have not increased both on client & website. --> I guess NA had clean lock too (except the originally announced time was incorrect (not 11:59 p.m. CEST but 11:59 p.m. PDT).
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 11:07:06
October 25 2012 10:57 GMT
#1944
On October 25 2012 16:52 korona wrote:
Ladders seem to be now locked at least on some servers.

EU server was supposed to be locked on Wednesday, October 24 at 23:59 p.m. CEST: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6298734/2012_Season_4_Lock_Incoming_-18_10_2012

US server was supposed to be locked at same time: Wednesday, October 24 at 23:59 p.m. CEST: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7634960/2012_Season_4_Lock_Incoming_-10_18_2012

I monitored what happened to bonus pools during the night (EU time).

EU bonus pools indeed stopped growing both in-game & website during the night. Max bonus pool for master+ seems to be 552 and for diamond- 320.

But US bonus pools did not stop growing at that time (kept rising both on client & website). But 30 minutes ago 11:59 p.m PDT a news article was posted that US server would now be locked: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7681241/2012_Season_4_Now_Locked-10_24_2012

If the US server was locked just 30 minutes ago (writing time, not posting) the max pool for master+ seems to be 561 and for diamond- 325. It has to be later confirmed if the bonus pools indeed stopped growing both on client & website on that time.


Edit: Now 3 hours has passed since the 'locked' post and bonus pools have not increased both on client & website. --> I guess NA had clean lock too (except the originally announced time was incorrect (not 11:59 p.m. CEST but 11:59 p.m. PDT).

THx
EU 552
US 561
I check values for other servers and update the datafile.
If something is wrong again this season i will lock the client until next season starts
Save gaming: kill esport
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 11:06:47
October 25 2012 10:57 GMT
#1945
Save gaming: kill esport
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 11:07:36
October 25 2012 10:57 GMT
#1946
KR 550
Sea 551
CN 551
NA 561
EU 552
New Bnetdatabse File in 5 min.

EDIT:
New Bnetfile up. Restart the client to download it.
Report possible mistakes in new collected data here.

PS: sorry for tripe post something is wrong with the update...
Save gaming: kill esport
Nildawenn
Profile Joined April 2011
United States9 Posts
October 26 2012 05:43 GMT
#1947
You may have accounted for this already, but here's what my chart started looking like tonight...

hopefully this helps in some way.
[image loading]
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
October 26 2012 09:58 GMT
#1948
That does not look good.
Will calculate later per hand and check some graph if its only you who have trouble
Mark the last game of the one high as bad (61 i think, hard to see on pic)

Save gaming: kill esport
Nildawenn
Profile Joined April 2011
United States9 Posts
October 26 2012 20:09 GMT
#1949
Done, it looks a lot more reasonable now; though it would have been nice to have a 300pt mmr boost for no apparent reason. ^_^
ThreeHeartRun
Profile Joined October 2011
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-27 06:30:25
October 27 2012 06:28 GMT
#1950
May I ask why the MMR tool assumes that you're playing opponents 10 mmr above you if there isn't data suggesting otherwise? Wouldn't it be more accurate to take the average of surrounding data (in the case of past games) or projecting the "slope" of opponents you've been facing (in the case of no more recent games)? Maybe I'm missing something with how matchmaking varies?
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-27 10:39:41
October 27 2012 10:38 GMT
#1951
On October 27 2012 15:28 ThreeHeartRun wrote:
May I ask why the MMR tool assumes that you're playing opponents 10 mmr above you if there isn't data suggesting otherwise? Wouldn't it be more accurate to take the average of surrounding data (in the case of past games) or projecting the "slope" of opponents you've been facing (in the case of no more recent games)? Maybe I'm missing something with how matchmaking varies?


To make it clear its an lie.

If i put in an value that would make sense, you would think thats his real mmr.
If i show you wrong data to make it look better,
where is the diffrence between me and blizzard?
I have to put a value in there or i get problems with the graph.

Beside that the missing data is biased.
Opponents who are weaker than you have a way higher chance to produce bad data.
So the average opponent mmr out of the good games is to high.
Save gaming: kill esport
RobbyG
Profile Joined March 2012
United Kingdom10 Posts
October 27 2012 20:02 GMT
#1952
I would like to ask you about the league boundaries; how accurate are they?, cause right now im 150 pts above my line, and hope for next season, but at the start of the last season I was 80 pts above it and did not promote me. I dont wanna criticise, just want to find out.
Nothing is impossible; impossible itself says I m possible
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
October 27 2012 20:08 GMT
#1953
On October 28 2012 05:02 RobbyG wrote:
I would like to ask you about the league boundaries; how accurate are they?, cause right now im 150 pts above my line, and hope for next season, but at the start of the last season I was 80 pts above it and did not promote me. I dont wanna criticise, just want to find out.


The lines are currently inaccurate for a certain range. (I'm not sure what that range is). Skeldark's been busy lately, and has the lines sitting at "zero". They're still a pretty good indicator of where you stand, and should be fixed eventually.
Cereal
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-28 23:48:30
October 28 2012 17:57 GMT
#1954
On October 28 2012 05:02 RobbyG wrote:
I would like to ask you about the league boundaries; how accurate are they?, cause right now im 150 pts above my line, and hope for next season, but at the start of the last season I was 80 pts above it and did not promote me. I dont wanna criticise, just want to find out.

depends on the line.
master is accurate. Diamand ok. Rest i cant really tell.
Dont forget blizzard dont promote if you get over the line,
They promote if you are stable over the line.
What is stable for blizzard? no one knows...

Promotion / demotion follow a lot of rules and are inaccurate them-self. So its hard to be accurate on something inaccurate.


On October 28 2012 05:08 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2012 05:02 RobbyG wrote:
I would like to ask you about the league boundaries; how accurate are they?, cause right now im 150 pts above my line, and hope for next season, but at the start of the last season I was 80 pts above it and did not promote me. I dont wanna criticise, just want to find out.


The lines are currently inaccurate for a certain range. (I'm not sure what that range is). Skeldark's been busy lately, and has the lines sitting at "zero". They're still a pretty good indicator of where you stand, and should be fixed eventually.


To hunt down an inaccurate line is kind of against the whole idea of this program.
I dont do all the work to be accurate just to guess when an inaccurate icon change.
So it has low priority on my todo list.
I kind of hoped people will go for the numbers i show and forget the whole fake "league icon" thing.
Looks like this will not happen

EDIT:is the data of the lock ok for your InfCereal?
Can it be that this is the first league lock without big bugs?
Save gaming: kill esport
leopardb
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany92 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 11:18:12
October 29 2012 09:25 GMT
#1955
Hi

I've been switching to Zerg lately and through learning the mechanics and all, lost quite a lot, excuses, excuses, blabla.

[image loading]

I just wanted to show my MMR graph since it looks weird that every 2-3 games i'm pitted against somebody way higher than i am, and belonging to my old league so to speak : i should have been already demoted to silver but, because of the ladder lock, stayed in gold. Now the high opponents begin to appear exactly after the ladder lock (i looked at the dates, and the first "high" dot belong to 26-10-2012, the other ones are before...).

Hope it helps improving your plugin !

Thx again for all :D

EDIT: updated the image to make my point clearer (hopefully)
don't worry, be happy
RobbyG
Profile Joined March 2012
United Kingdom10 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 13:52:38
October 29 2012 12:23 GMT
#1956
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2012 05:08 InfCereal wrote:
On October 28 2012 05:02 RobbyG wrote:
I would like to ask you about the league boundaries; how accurate are they?, cause right now im 150 pts above my line, and hope for next season, but at the start of the last season I was 80 pts above it and did not promote me. I dont wanna criticise, just want to find out.


The lines are currently inaccurate for a certain range. (I'm not sure what that range is). Skeldark's been busy lately, and has the lines sitting at "zero". They're still a pretty good indicator of where you stand, and should be fixed eventually.


To hunt down an inaccurate line is kind of against the whole idea of this program.
I dont do all the work to be accurate just to guess when an inaccurate icon change.
So it has low priority on my todo list.
I kind of hoped people will go for the numbers i show and forget the whole fake "league icon" thing.
Looks like this will not happen

EDIT:is the data of the lock ok for your InfCereal?
Can it be that this is the first league lock without big bugs?



I was using the tool only for comparing my rating with my previous ratings anyway, not even comparing it with other people's mmr, because I think it is good only for relative mmr; I was just curious, cause my goal is to go up one league at the begining of next season so if something has anything to do with finding out if I will, I thought I might ask about that something.


L.E. I had a huge drop and rise of my graph over 2 games, like 500 mmr difference, I tried marking the games as bad as you suggested, but it just made it worse, I don't really care about that gap cause I've already had a few and it comes back to normal after a few games, just wondering if the mark the game bad thing should work?
Nothing is impossible; impossible itself says I m possible
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 15:32:21
October 29 2012 15:29 GMT
#1957
@leopardb
you opponent is not really there. looks like not detected cap for me
@RobbyG
select "mark assumptions" in the settings. Than mark the Good Game in the wrong data field as bad.



i think something went wrong with the lock again
Anyway: only few days to the new season.
Hope they are lazy again and dont change the offsets.

I think about an change in opponent MMR. The fake +10 value is confusing for most.
I try to find a away to display better that i dont have data for the opponent in this games.
Save gaming: kill esport
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 20:37:00
October 29 2012 20:21 GMT
#1958
On October 30 2012 00:29 skeldark wrote:
@leopardb
you opponent is not really there. looks like not detected cap for me
@RobbyG
select "mark assumptions" in the settings. Than mark the Good Game in the wrong data field as bad.



i think something went wrong with the lock again

If you mean leopardb:s example, then that has been happening to me on my both accounts the whole season - not only during the lock. When opponent MMR could have been calculated it has almost always been hovering around 100 MMR points over league border regardless of my own MMR (sometimes differs a lot). I was going to post about this after the season.

But with a quick check the lock period data seemed to be correct (at least all the adjusted points were calculated correctly that I checked).

On October 30 2012 00:29 skeldark wrote:
Anyway: only few days to the new season.
Hope they are lazy again and dont change the offsets.

I think about an change in opponent MMR. The fake +10 value is confusing for most.
I try to find a away to display better that i dont have data for the opponent in this games.

Or you could just force "mark assumptions" on as a default. Then it would be easy to deduce that they are dummy values.


Edit: Checked personal data from games during the lock period (54 NA games, 2 EU games) and all data seemed correct. Did not check opponent data.
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 20:56:51
October 29 2012 20:53 GMT
#1959
On October 30 2012 05:21 korona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 00:29 skeldark wrote:
@leopardb
you opponent is not really there. looks like not detected cap for me
@RobbyG
select "mark assumptions" in the settings. Than mark the Good Game in the wrong data field as bad.



i think something went wrong with the lock again

If you mean leopardb:s example, then that has been happening to me on my both accounts the whole season - not only during the lock. When opponent MMR could have been calculated it has almost always been hovering around 100 MMR points over league border regardless of my own MMR (sometimes differs a lot). I was going to post about this after the season.

But with a quick check the lock period data seemed to be correct (at least all the adjusted points were calculated correctly that I checked).

Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 00:29 skeldark wrote:
Anyway: only few days to the new season.
Hope they are lazy again and dont change the offsets.

I think about an change in opponent MMR. The fake +10 value is confusing for most.
I try to find a away to display better that i dont have data for the opponent in this games.

Or you could just force "mark assumptions" on as a default. Then it would be easy to deduce that they are dummy values.


Edit: Checked personal data from games during the lock period (54 NA games, 2 EU games) and all data seemed correct. Did not check opponent data.


Nice thanks.
Was afraid something is messed up again.
I will have a look if the cap-finder for the opponent have an bug.

Forcing "mark assumption" looks a little bit ugly.
If i dont show the dots the graph can get crazy on some filter settings. Its way easyer to work with complete data than with holes. Perhaps i just force assumptions for opponents and let the setting decide for the player.

If they change the offsets for next season i have to write an new archive updater to save the old data correct

EDIT: No its not a caped problem. Other way round!
The point is that the once 100mmr below you are caped, so you only see the once that are way stronger than you.
If i could calculate all the opponent data the graph would be all over the place.
So the problem is not that he shows them to high, the problem is that he can only show the very high once.

Save gaming: kill esport
kromlic
Profile Joined October 2012
2 Posts
October 30 2012 00:29 GMT
#1960
Still getting "FATALERROR Versionchecker: failed," despite my best attempts at finding an answer in this thread, my firewall, client, or otherwise. Any suggestions?

+ Show Spoiler +

17:22:32 MMR-Stats 7.0 17:22:32
--------INIT START--------
17:22:32 OK Encoding: OK
17:22:32 OK Loading DB
17:22:53 FATALERROR Versionchecker: failed
17:22:53 OK DB up to date!
17:22:53 OK Settings loaded!
17:22:53 OK Timeclient: Systemtime offset: 3 sec
17:22:53 OK Gamedata: 16 Games loaded.
17:22:53 Testing MemoryScanner ...OK
17:22:53 OK Triggers ready!
17:22:53 OK Gameobserver: ready!
17:23:14 FATALERROR Versionchecker: failed
17:23:14 OK: Program is up to date
17:23:14 --------INIT END--------
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 207 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 232
Nina 141
ViBE68
SpeCial 63
Nathanias 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12427
Artosis 475
NaDa 29
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever287
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox446
Mew2King84
Other Games
summit1g6290
Grubby2729
Liquid`RaSZi1820
shahzam635
WinterStarcraft421
C9.Mang0296
JimRising 249
Trikslyr24
JuggernautJason5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• musti20045 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie774
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 12m
INu's Battles
12h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 12m
OSC
23h 27m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.