• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:01
CEST 01:01
KST 08:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9744 users

Match Making Rating Tool - Page 96

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 207 Next
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
October 09 2012 22:26 GMT
#1901
On October 10 2012 07:13 Namelless wrote:
oh dear you really have to write a version working with hots, dont know if it's worth yours while to do it while beta is in progress, since it maybe has to recode once hots is released

nevertheless you really have to do it, i would like to donate for it/you in general too because the tool gave me, and some friends of me, so much motivation to ladder
i think there are some ppl out there who think the same

you could just add a small spoiler in the original post with a paypal account and the info that as soon as the account has the amount of "x" € you will start to code a version for hots


I think the trouble is that the HOTS ladder isn't very stable at the moment, with people being promoted to GM straight from gold, despite being Diamond on their WOL account...it all doesn't make a lot of sense.
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-09 23:00:20
October 09 2012 22:59 GMT
#1902
On October 10 2012 07:13 Namelless wrote:
oh dear you really have to write a version working with hots, dont know if it's worth yours while to do it while beta is in progress, since it maybe has to recode once hots is released

nevertheless you really have to do it, i would like to donate for it/you in general too because the tool gave me, and some friends of me, so much motivation to ladder
i think there are some ppl out there who think the same

you could just add a small spoiler in the original post with a paypal account and the info that as soon as the account has the amount of "x" € you will start to code a version for hots


I can not do it for the beta. I need results from the blizzard webserver.
And there is no such webserver for the beta.

About the donations:
Im an oldschool gamer. Im fine that many people take donations and its their decision.
But for me its about a gaming community and not about esport and making money.
I do this in my free time you guys do it in yours. When i take money dont i have to give some of the money for the guys who helped me testing? For the one who give me the webserver? For the one that made the graphics?
Than its just an industry. And to make money with my code, there are better ways than sc2 skillgraphs...
Save gaming: kill esport
z3row0rm
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada2 Posts
October 09 2012 23:03 GMT
#1903
MMR Stats was working fine on my old Windows installation but after reinstalling Windows I seem to be getting errors on startup.

16:50:29 MMR-Stats 7.0
16:50:29 --------INIT START--------
16:50:29 OK Encoding: OK
16:50:29 OK Loading DB
16:50:30 OK DB up to date!
16:50:30 OK Settings loaded!
16:50:30 OK Timeclient: Systemtime offset: 8 sec
16:50:30 OK Gamedata: 203 Games loaded.
16:50:30 Testing MemoryScanner ...OK
16:50:30 OK Triggers ready!
16:50:30 FATALERROR Gameobserver: Failed, cant read windows registry! Null
16:50:30 Gameobserver disabled!, we can still collect data...
16:50:31 OK: Program is up to date
16:50:31 --------INIT END--------

I've tried running Sc2gears as administrator, but the error persists. I also made a new installation of Sc2gears with the plugin and the error is still occurring. Any help would be great, thanks.

skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-09 23:13:14
October 09 2012 23:12 GMT
#1904
check registry for:

hcu /Software/Razor/Starcraft2
and the dword key "StartModule" in it!

Sc2 add when installing.
If you dont have it add it per hand.

Save gaming: kill esport
z3row0rm
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada2 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-09 23:41:22
October 09 2012 23:40 GMT
#1905
Thanks for the fast response. I checked the registry and found only "DisableWindowsKey" key there. In my haste of re-installing windows I never actually played a game of Starcraft II on my machine, only ran the updater and launched the game. The registry folder filled with values including "StartModule" after starting a custom game vs the AI . The MMR Plugin works fine now, thanks for the help!
shadogi
Profile Joined November 2011
United States194 Posts
October 10 2012 03:05 GMT
#1906
On October 07 2012 00:23 skeldark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2012 23:28 Fangs wrote:
Anybody figure out yet how to get popular streamers to use this awesome tool and show it from time to time to show their progress? May give a big boost to the amount of people using it, and also reduce the ignorance about the MMR, so that perhaps one day Blizzard will simply show us our MMR. (I am used to being able to look up my tennis "MMR" online)

Thanks for the great tool :-)

I was wondering about that too.
I can see in my database, that many pro gamers using it but never saw someone show it on stream.


Just for fun, of the Pros using your addon, who has the highest MMR?
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
October 10 2012 03:16 GMT
#1907
On October 10 2012 12:05 shadogi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2012 00:23 skeldark wrote:
On October 06 2012 23:28 Fangs wrote:
Anybody figure out yet how to get popular streamers to use this awesome tool and show it from time to time to show their progress? May give a big boost to the amount of people using it, and also reduce the ignorance about the MMR, so that perhaps one day Blizzard will simply show us our MMR. (I am used to being able to look up my tennis "MMR" online)

Thanks for the great tool :-)

I was wondering about that too.
I can see in my database, that many pro gamers using it but never saw someone show it on stream.


Just for fun, of the Pros using your addon, who has the highest MMR?

I can track the mmr of the opponents too.
So if i have enough in the top playing i have a full ranking.
Problem is the errormargin is higher at the end, because often the players have very different mmr.
Long story short i decided not to publish a ranking because the data of the player is from different times and
not that accurate in some cases. But i saw some players who surprised me. In how good or how "bad". ^^

Save gaming: kill esport
WarEagle
Profile Joined March 2011
United States130 Posts
October 10 2012 03:20 GMT
#1908
Hiyo. Just wanted to say awesome tool, I love it and I'm always pissed when I realize that I have been playing for a while without Sc2gears running.

For what it's worth, I was recently just promoted to gold. MMR went from 788 to 804 after the game/promotion, so for me it seems like the line was around 800.

Anywho, thanks for your hard work!
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
October 10 2012 03:24 GMT
#1909
On October 10 2012 12:20 WarEagle wrote:
Hiyo. Just wanted to say awesome tool, I love it and I'm always pissed when I realize that I have been playing for a while without Sc2gears running.

For what it's worth, I was recently just promoted to gold. MMR went from 788 to 804 after the game/promotion, so for me it seems like the line was around 800.

Anywho, thanks for your hard work!

Thx.
You dont get instand promoted/demoted.
You have to be stable above or under the line for a while to get promoted / demoted.
Means if you loose every game in master. You can drop down to silver mmr without getting demoted.
Save gaming: kill esport
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
October 10 2012 06:38 GMT
#1910
On October 10 2012 12:20 WarEagle wrote:
Hiyo. Just wanted to say awesome tool, I love it and I'm always pissed when I realize that I have been playing for a while without Sc2gears running.

For what it's worth, I was recently just promoted to gold. MMR went from 788 to 804 after the game/promotion, so for me it seems like the line was around 800.

Anywho, thanks for your hard work!

Put a shortcut to SC2Gears in your Start-> Programs -> Startup folder (in the start menu). Windows will automatically start Sc2Gears when your computer boots.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
Namelless
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany38 Posts
October 10 2012 13:00 GMT
#1911
On October 10 2012 07:59 skeldark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 07:13 Namelless wrote:
oh dear you really have to write a version working with hots, dont know if it's worth yours while to do it while beta is in progress, since it maybe has to recode once hots is released

nevertheless you really have to do it, i would like to donate for it/you in general too because the tool gave me, and some friends of me, so much motivation to ladder
i think there are some ppl out there who think the same

you could just add a small spoiler in the original post with a paypal account and the info that as soon as the account has the amount of "x" € you will start to code a version for hots


I can not do it for the beta. I need results from the blizzard webserver.
And there is no such webserver for the beta.

About the donations:
Im an oldschool gamer. Im fine that many people take donations and its their decision.
But for me its about a gaming community and not about esport and making money.
I do this in my free time you guys do it in yours. When i take money dont i have to give some of the money for the guys who helped me testing? For the one who give me the webserver? For the one that made the graphics?
Than its just an industry. And to make money with my code, there are better ways than sc2 skillgraphs...



i just made this suggestion because im very very afraid that you will not continue to code for the gaming community if hots gets released
shadogi
Profile Joined November 2011
United States194 Posts
October 11 2012 15:44 GMT
#1912
Got a question for the mighty Skeldark!

I played the same player twice, he won the first game and I won the second. If you look at the chart though, you will see that his MMR goes up and mine down, as expected. The funny thing is when I won the second game. Despite his MMR being even higher than mine than it was for the first game, I gained only half of the MMR points that I had previously lost to him. I was wondering if this was normal?

In case it matters, I am high-ish diamond (ShaDoGI.550), he is low masters (Joe) and both games were marked as good (played at approx. 8:42 MST on NA). I've included a screenshot below:

http://imgur.com/lZLQL

Thanks!!!
Flambard
Profile Joined July 2012
Turkey3 Posts
October 11 2012 16:24 GMT
#1913
I have a question too.

I just promoted to platinum from gold last night(yaay!). According to mmr stats, mmr need to promote for platinum is 1280. But my mmr never reached that number not even close actually my highest mmr was 1256 and moving average was 1240 and when I got promoted I had 1208 mmr and 1214 moving average mmr. And I started using this program around 100 matches ago.

Maybe blizz changed mmr ratings? Flam#479 is my battletag if you wanna check out.
shadogi
Profile Joined November 2011
United States194 Posts
October 11 2012 20:48 GMT
#1914
On October 12 2012 01:24 Flambard wrote:
I have a question too.

I just promoted to platinum from gold last night(yaay!). According to mmr stats, mmr need to promote for platinum is 1280. But my mmr never reached that number not even close actually my highest mmr was 1256 and moving average was 1240 and when I got promoted I had 1208 mmr and 1214 moving average mmr. And I started using this program around 100 matches ago.

Maybe blizz changed mmr ratings? Flam#479 is my battletag if you wanna check out.


It helps if you post a screen capture of your MMR chart with some basic MSpaint markings in it.
Flambard
Profile Joined July 2012
Turkey3 Posts
October 11 2012 21:13 GMT
#1915
http://i.imgur.com/zx0Lp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zWZWH.jpg

Let me know if you need further information.
enykie
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany64 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-11 22:46:42
October 11 2012 22:06 GMT
#1916
On October 08 2012 16:30 skeldark wrote:

The number you show is not your id number.
ITs the wrong memory entry.
Looks like something is wrong with your installation.



Like you said, something was wrong! I reinstalled SC2 from scratch and now it is working!
Perhaps something for the FAQ, that the ramreader test with ai isn't 100% safe and the sc2 installation could be the problem.

Thx for the help and of course for your MMR plugin !


edit:
fail...i missread the log, still not working... weird, but i stop spaming here until i found why.
Fangs
Profile Joined July 2012
Switzerland8 Posts
October 12 2012 20:18 GMT
#1917
On October 12 2012 06:13 Flambard wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/zx0Lp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zWZWH.jpg

Let me know if you need further information.


I think you should update your client :-) The numbers are quite different now. No clue if that is causing the discrepancy, but...
yaasi106
Profile Joined October 2012
1 Post
October 12 2012 23:05 GMT
#1918
23:29:15 MMR-Stats 7.0
23:29:15 --------INIT START--------
23:29:15 OK Encoding: OK
23:29:15 OK Loading DB
23:29:20 OK DB up to date!
23:29:20 OK Settings loaded!
23:29:20 OK Timeclient: Systemtime offset: 0 sec
23:29:20 OK Gamedata: 5 Games loaded.
23:29:20 OK Triggers ready!
23:29:20 OK Gameobserver: ready!
23:29:21 OK: Program is up to date
23:29:21 --------INIT END--------
23:43:15 --------------------------
23:43:15 Game Start detected
23:43:58 Webgrabber: Player true 23:43:58 No Profile, skip
23:43:58 Webgrabber: Opponent false
23:43:58 PRE-Trigger done
23:57:16 Webgrabber: Player true
23:57:17 Webgrabber: Opponent false
23:57:17 ERROR Start with bad player
23:57:17 ERROR LASTCHECK :WEBSERVER update failed, Diffrent Mapname
23:57:17 Gamecheck: false
23:57:17 POST-Trigger done
23:57:17 Player: Reading_OK: true Adjusted_OK: false Cap_OK: true Dev._OK: true
23:57:17 Opponent: Reading_OK: false Adjusted_OK: false Cap_OK: true Dev._OK: true
23:57:17 Player-data-Qualitiy: 50%
23:57:17 Opponent-data-Qualitiy: 0%
23:57:18 OK Uploader: game uploaded
23:57:18 Ladder Game Done!
23:57:18 --------------------------


Hey guys,

Is that a normal Log file, its my 6th game, still can't get data ?

Help appreciated, and thanks for this amazing tool

Cheers
shadogi
Profile Joined November 2011
United States194 Posts
October 13 2012 13:34 GMT
#1919
On October 13 2012 08:05 yaasi106 wrote:
23:29:15 MMR-Stats 7.0
23:29:15 --------INIT START--------
23:29:15 OK Encoding: OK
23:29:15 OK Loading DB
23:29:20 OK DB up to date!
23:29:20 OK Settings loaded!
23:29:20 OK Timeclient: Systemtime offset: 0 sec
23:29:20 OK Gamedata: 5 Games loaded.
23:29:20 OK Triggers ready!
23:29:20 OK Gameobserver: ready!
23:29:21 OK: Program is up to date
23:29:21 --------INIT END--------
23:43:15 --------------------------
23:43:15 Game Start detected
23:43:58 Webgrabber: Player true 23:43:58 No Profile, skip
23:43:58 Webgrabber: Opponent false
23:43:58 PRE-Trigger done
23:57:16 Webgrabber: Player true
23:57:17 Webgrabber: Opponent false
23:57:17 ERROR Start with bad player
23:57:17 ERROR LASTCHECK :WEBSERVER update failed, Diffrent Mapname
23:57:17 Gamecheck: false
23:57:17 POST-Trigger done
23:57:17 Player: Reading_OK: true Adjusted_OK: false Cap_OK: true Dev._OK: true
23:57:17 Opponent: Reading_OK: false Adjusted_OK: false Cap_OK: true Dev._OK: true
23:57:17 Player-data-Qualitiy: 50%
23:57:17 Opponent-data-Qualitiy: 0%
23:57:18 OK Uploader: game uploaded
23:57:18 Ladder Game Done!
23:57:18 --------------------------


Hey guys,

Is that a normal Log file, its my 6th game, still can't get data ?

Help appreciated, and thanks for this amazing tool

Cheers


Two things:

1) Do you have the memory scanner on? It makes a huge difference
2) Sometimes it take several games before you get your first "good" game.
nickyboy909
Profile Joined June 2011
72 Posts
October 13 2012 20:50 GMT
#1920
Hey I love your tool! been using it for quite a while now but not sure If I'm using it right haha. Here's the thing: I only use it for a few games when I get curious. It doesn't seem to be much of an issue, but sometimes theres a big leap or fall between sessions and the graph will 'correct' other games even though they were played quite a while ago.

In other words: Let's say I play 50 games, the first 10 games are with the mmr tool on. then I play 35 games without it. Then the last 5 play with it on and it tries to adjust the data so it makes sense? I don't know =S Am I supposed to have every game I play be while its running or will it go fine without? that's what im trying to say . Should I erase all data everytime I start again after not having it running?
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 207 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 141
Nathanias 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 559
910 34
MaD[AoV]25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Fnx 649
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox557
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
Other Games
summit1g9569
shahzam413
C9.Mang0285
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
gamesdonequick150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie853
• Shiphtur740
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h
Patches Events
17h
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.