• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:30
CEST 07:30
KST 14:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8961 users

HotS Beta to be Released Weeks After MLG Anaheim - Page 21

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 32 Next All
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
June 07 2012 20:16 GMT
#401
On June 08 2012 04:51 Adonminus wrote:
With all the units removes, while giving protoss useless units in hots. I wish HotS never gets released since it ruins the protoss race. Unless they actually make some decent protoss units, I'll have to switch race.

Also I never understood why would you ever remove units in an "expansion", the word speaks for itself, you're supposed to expand the game.


Expanding a game doesn't mean just cramming more shit in it, it's making it a better experience. If that means removing unts (and it does, by the way) then so be it.
Zaphid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1860 Posts
June 07 2012 20:16 GMT
#402
On June 08 2012 04:59 Masada714 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 04:51 Adonminus wrote:
With all the units removes, while giving protoss useless units in hots. I wish HotS never gets released since it ruins the protoss race. Unless they actually make some decent protoss units, I'll have to switch race.

Also I never understood why would you ever remove units in an "expansion", the word speaks for itself, you're supposed to expand the game.

I can't wait for the new units in Hots as Protoss. The Oracle is going to be fun to use and will be interesting to see how strategies develop off of that. The Tempest I think will actually make Stargate play more viable again and will certainly help against the end game zerg comp right now.

I do think though that they will have to at least add a replacement unit for the Replicant, cause as it stands right now Protoss is getting 3 units removed (Mothership, Carrier, Replicant) and only getting 2 new units with (Tempest, Oracle). I'm rather excited for this weekend and what we have to look forward too.

Any discussion of effect of units in pre-alpha build on state of the game after the game goes live is pants-on-head retarded. Sure, tell them that you dislike unit x right now, but there are many changes ahead and Blizzard isn't really afraid to switch things around during betas.
I will never ever play Mech against Protoss. - MVP
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
June 07 2012 20:36 GMT
#403
On June 08 2012 05:16 Zaphid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 04:59 Masada714 wrote:
On June 08 2012 04:51 Adonminus wrote:
With all the units removes, while giving protoss useless units in hots. I wish HotS never gets released since it ruins the protoss race. Unless they actually make some decent protoss units, I'll have to switch race.

Also I never understood why would you ever remove units in an "expansion", the word speaks for itself, you're supposed to expand the game.

I can't wait for the new units in Hots as Protoss. The Oracle is going to be fun to use and will be interesting to see how strategies develop off of that. The Tempest I think will actually make Stargate play more viable again and will certainly help against the end game zerg comp right now.

I do think though that they will have to at least add a replacement unit for the Replicant, cause as it stands right now Protoss is getting 3 units removed (Mothership, Carrier, Replicant) and only getting 2 new units with (Tempest, Oracle). I'm rather excited for this weekend and what we have to look forward too.

Any discussion of effect of units in pre-alpha build on state of the game after the game goes live is pants-on-head retarded. Sure, tell them that you dislike unit x right now, but there are many changes ahead and Blizzard isn't really afraid to switch things around during betas.


This x1000. Look at the WoL alpha, and then at beta, and then at release. Basically three different games. So much has changed. Roach and hydra tech swapped around in the tech tree, stim on reapers and conc shells on marauders didnt need research. Throw everything you've seen at Blizzcon out of the window, cause there's gonna be a lot of changes.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
June 07 2012 20:38 GMT
#404
On June 08 2012 04:51 Adonminus wrote:
With all the units removes, while giving protoss useless units in hots. I wish HotS never gets released since it ruins the protoss race. Unless they actually make some decent protoss units, I'll have to switch race.

Also I never understood why would you ever remove units in an "expansion", the word speaks for itself, you're supposed to expand the game.


Thank you for your definitively sweeping statements about a game that isn't out yet, and isn't even in beta yet. Clearly, Blizzard will release HotS and destroy the protoss race. You've given me a lot to think about.

.......

Can't wait to get my hands on a key! And give it a shot @ Anaheim.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Adonminus
Profile Joined January 2012
Israel543 Posts
June 07 2012 20:40 GMT
#405
On June 08 2012 05:16 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 04:51 Adonminus wrote:
With all the units removes, while giving protoss useless units in hots. I wish HotS never gets released since it ruins the protoss race. Unless they actually make some decent protoss units, I'll have to switch race.

Also I never understood why would you ever remove units in an "expansion", the word speaks for itself, you're supposed to expand the game.


Expanding a game doesn't mean just cramming more shit in it, it's making it a better experience. If that means removing unts (and it does, by the way) then so be it.

Better experience? Also as they call it "worker friendly" harassing unit... this oracle is worth nothing, worst unit I have ever seen, and why is it called oracle, it would have been a better unit if it could predict the future like the name suggests.

Tempest not good unit either, I see less use for it than the carrier, basicly skytoss is 100% unviable now since there's no unit which can effectively deal with ground units like the carrier could. Plus without mothership you can't recall your air units to safety or cloak them.

Only use to tempest I see is of it being new counter to broodlord instead of mothership, you just mass up those things up and a move. Better experience since you don't have to micro your tempest and position it like you had to land a good vortex on a broodlord army with a mothership. That's not better experience, I'm not a bronze player for gods sack.
Ragoo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2773 Posts
June 07 2012 20:40 GMT
#406
On June 08 2012 04:51 Adonminus wrote:
With all the units removes, while giving protoss useless units in hots. I wish HotS never gets released since it ruins the protoss race. Unless they actually make some decent protoss units, I'll have to switch race.

Also I never understood why would you ever remove units in an "expansion", the word speaks for itself, you're supposed to expand the game.


I don't think design-wise Protoss can get ruined any more. Protoss already creates most problems with the design and I am looking forward to see that fixed.

I mean just from a mapmaker's perspective, designing maps around Protoss is absolute bullshit... and imho there is good reasons why TvZ and TvT are the best matchups (tanks aka positionally strong units?!)
Member of TPW mapmaking team/// twitter.com/Ragoo_ /// "goody represents border between explainable reason and supernatural" Cloud
Masada714
Profile Joined March 2011
United States89 Posts
June 07 2012 20:46 GMT
#407
I absolutely agree that what we see in Beta will be completely different then what we see at release for HotS. However, you're right that I should not of made comments in regards to what strategy will be like. My response was more intended to the person I quoted as if it will be doom and gloom for toss. I can see the units being somewhat close to their core concept with some number tweaking and any needed balance changes depending on what happens in beta.
Eraserhead
Profile Joined October 2011
159 Posts
June 07 2012 20:46 GMT
#408
Is participating in the arcade 1.5 beta review thingy the only way to get a beta key?
HelloSon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
June 07 2012 20:49 GMT
#409
Blizz should give everyone in Masters a beta key. That will surely encourage people to ladder.
yo
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
June 07 2012 20:51 GMT
#410
On June 08 2012 05:49 HelloSon wrote:
Blizz should give everyone in Masters a beta key. That will surely encourage people to ladder.


Couldn't agree more. It might also have the supplementary benefit of curing hundreds of ladder cowards.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 20:53:55
June 07 2012 20:53 GMT
#411
On June 08 2012 05:49 HelloSon wrote:
Blizz should give everyone in Masters a beta key. That will surely encourage people to ladder.

Lol I would farm the shit out of the ladder if they did that :D
Even though I've played like 100 1v1 games since I've started playing from the release.
VashTS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1675 Posts
June 07 2012 20:56 GMT
#412
Is this going to be an open beta, or will we need keys?
VashTS; 330; Random -- Ranked #9 Pokemon Video Game Player in the World in 2009
BoggieMan
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
520 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 20:59:15
June 07 2012 20:59 GMT
#413
I really hope the beta is open, or else it will create a huge skill gap between the people with beta and the people with no beta.
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
June 07 2012 20:59 GMT
#414
On June 08 2012 05:49 HelloSon wrote:
Blizz should give everyone in Masters a beta key. That will surely encourage people to ladder.

I like this idea, mainly cos i'm in masters :D
blackhole12
Profile Joined May 2012
42 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-07 21:17:34
June 07 2012 21:09 GMT
#415
On June 08 2012 05:46 Masada714 wrote:
I absolutely agree that what we see in Beta will be completely different then what we see at release for HotS. However, you're right that I should not of made comments in regards to what strategy will be like. My response was more intended to the person I quoted as if it will be doom and gloom for toss. I can see the units being somewhat close to their core concept with some number tweaking and any needed balance changes depending on what happens in beta.

The biggest difference between beta and release will be some changes to unit cost, timings of upgrades, not a lot more. That's vastly different from sweeping changes with regards to resource income, unit pathfinding, macro mechanics, adding/removing units. What we'll get in the beta preview this weekend is what we'll end up with, just with better balance.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
June 07 2012 21:11 GMT
#416
On June 08 2012 06:09 blackhole12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 05:46 Masada714 wrote:
I absolutely agree that what we see in Beta will be completely different then what we see at release for HotS. However, you're right that I should not of made comments in regards to what strategy will be like. My response was more intended to the person I quoted as if it will be doom and gloom for toss. I can see the units being somewhat close to their core concept with some number tweaking and any needed balance changes depending on what happens in beta.

The biggest difference between beta and release will be some changes of unit cost, timings of upgrades, not a lot more. That's vastly different from sweeping changes with regards to resource income, unit pathfinding, macro mechanics, adding/removing units. What we'll get in the beta preview this weekend is what we'll end up with, just with better balance.

At least I think that it will be vastly different from last Blizzcon's sneak peak :D
blackhole12
Profile Joined May 2012
42 Posts
June 07 2012 21:21 GMT
#417
On June 08 2012 05:59 Josh_rakoons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 05:49 HelloSon wrote:
Blizz should give everyone in Masters a beta key. That will surely encourage people to ladder.

I like this idea, mainly cos i'm in masters :D

Blizzard needs to give anyone at or above masters level access to the beta, since 1. those people will buy the game anyway 2. they're in maybe the best position to give good feedback on balance and design and 3. they need to be able to check out the game to be able to keep up skillwise with other high level players that did manage to secure beta access.
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
June 07 2012 21:25 GMT
#418
I'm hoping for beta for everyone with WoL.

In fact I'm begging for it.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
June 07 2012 21:27 GMT
#419
On June 08 2012 06:11 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2012 06:09 blackhole12 wrote:
On June 08 2012 05:46 Masada714 wrote:
I absolutely agree that what we see in Beta will be completely different then what we see at release for HotS. However, you're right that I should not of made comments in regards to what strategy will be like. My response was more intended to the person I quoted as if it will be doom and gloom for toss. I can see the units being somewhat close to their core concept with some number tweaking and any needed balance changes depending on what happens in beta.

The biggest difference between beta and release will be some changes of unit cost, timings of upgrades, not a lot more. That's vastly different from sweeping changes with regards to resource income, unit pathfinding, macro mechanics, adding/removing units. What we'll get in the beta preview this weekend is what we'll end up with, just with better balance.

At least I think that it will be vastly different from last Blizzcon's sneak peak :D


Hopefully. But I do think it'll be the case, so much more time should've enabled them to come up with much better ideas.
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
June 07 2012 21:32 GMT
#420
So they are actually showing the game at Anaheim? I seem to remember hearing something to the contrary but I could be making that up in my brain.
I'll be very interested to see whether or not it'll be a vast departure from the Blizzcon version, although I'm not in favour of either option in particular. Just interested.
I'm not one of you pessimistic bastards who is determined to believe that everything needs changing and everything they showed was rubbish and the game will be further broken and where are lurkers anyway
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4521
Rain 1805
GuemChi 577
FanTaSy 347
sSak 50
Bale 39
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
Fuzer 35
League of Legends
JimRising 655
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1161
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King296
Other Games
summit1g8058
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush922
• Stunt454
Other Games
• Shiphtur826
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 30m
INu's Battles
5h 30m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
7h 30m
OSC
16h 45m
Replay Cast
17h 30m
OSC
1d 17h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.