• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:08
CEST 17:08
KST 00:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9471 users

[Part 3] Matchmaking Changes - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
329 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
KhAmun
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1005 Posts
April 25 2012 03:31 GMT
#241
I really really enjoy it.
If you play someone lower, you get repetition and an exercise of mechanics, and if you play someone higher, it's a challenge to your build efficiency, execution, and decision making.
I played 2 GM's on kr today, felt supremely outclassed, and I'm not sure I've ever learned so much from a replay.
Embrace the change, exploit and use the positives.
ZarakiK
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom27 Posts
April 25 2012 04:06 GMT
#242
Thank you Blizzard ! *starting ladder*
LazinCajun
Profile Joined July 2011
United States294 Posts
April 25 2012 05:32 GMT
#243
At first I was for this, but after playing with it a while I'm not a fan. The people I've been matched against have generally been so far above or below my level that it's just not fun, and I don't feel like I'm learning a lot.

Maybe I need to ind a new way of approaching ladder now.
Mendelfist
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden356 Posts
April 25 2012 05:44 GMT
#244
On April 25 2012 06:01 roym899 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 04:33 Mendelfist wrote:
On April 25 2012 04:18 roym899 wrote:
Lol 90% complaining here is so hilarious. Seriously I haven't even noticed any change yet and you guys just seem to think this does change SOO much.

Maybe you live on another planet. I don't know. Here is a graph of the variance in my opponents MMR this season. Do you notice something happening around match nr 30? (The downward slope is due to my points still converging to my own MMR.)

[image loading]

Funny how the ranking of your opponent bothers you. Tbh I don't even look at this at the top of the screen as this doesn't tell you anything. For example you could see your opponent as Favored and he sees you as favored. So your graph doesn't tell you anything at all.
Just play this game and have fun dude. Really some guys just take this really to serious. I can understand if you critisize it if you are Top Masters player and ladder play isn't as efficiant traning anymore but as Blizz said the effect won't take place in the top notch places so it shouldn't bother you too.

At all complaining: Why do you play ladder? To win? Or to get better? Or to have fun? The last two are completely irrelevant from the opponent you get.

You are wrong. The data for this graph is calculated after every match, and it does tells you exactly what I said it does, the variance in my opponents MMR. Read up on how he ladder works if you didn't understand it. And don't tell me what should bother me and what shouldn't.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
April 25 2012 05:49 GMT
#245
One thing I've learned is that diamond is a lot cheesier than I remembered.
MenithZ
Profile Joined April 2012
France21 Posts
April 25 2012 05:53 GMT
#246
On April 25 2012 14:49 IMoperator wrote:
One thing I've learned is that diamond is a lot cheesier than I remembered.

Thank god I wasn't the only one haha.
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
April 25 2012 06:19 GMT
#247
The way I see it is Blizzard made this change to try and satisfy the illusion people seem to have of playing better then someone else, yet still lose. Now there won't be no mistake, either you will win because you are much better, or you will lose because you are much worse.

Maybe they also see it as less stress. It might be less stressfull losing to someone who you know is much better then you. Unfortunatley it is not as fun for the winner.

And please stop with the "I learned so much from playing that 1 higher league guy" It's bullshit, you could learn just as much from an evenly matched opponent. There are literally thousands of replays that anyone could go and find to learn from.
Anyone that thinks they are going to learn anything from getting raped from someone 2 leagues above them are completely wrong. The reason why you lost to the Diamond player is the same reason you are losing against someone in your own league.

Not a good change IMO, it's not fun, knowing I am going to get stomped 5 minutes into a match, or knowing that I will be doing the stomping 5 minutes in is not a good time.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke, focus your energy where it s needed Blizzard, there are so many more problems that need to be addressed.




coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
April 25 2012 06:24 GMT
#248
Haven't really felt anything changed for me
DarthExecute
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1 Post
April 25 2012 09:00 GMT
#249
I am plat and I have been playing mid gold players. I do not mind but they might because they aren't ready for it. Its like when I get put against diamond and they rock me lol
Go big or go home.
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 09:19:08
April 25 2012 09:18 GMT
#250
guys it's cool ladder totally works

1st game vs GM: http://sc2ranks.com/us/310525/SinFeo

http://i.imgur.com/IPjDl.jpg

2nd game vs diamond: http://sc2ranks.com/us/2677659/Protech

http://i.imgur.com/z2ipS.jpg


Played in that order.

my account for reference: http://sc2ranks.com/us/2661006/Glurkenspurk
syriuszonito
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland332 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 09:37:06
April 25 2012 09:36 GMT
#251
Cant actually believe ppl enjoy getting much worse or much better opponents instead of the same skillwise. Terrible change.
The one || My stream http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/syriuszonito
Sadform
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom79 Posts
April 25 2012 09:41 GMT
#252
These changes suck. I'm in diamond and havn't had a 'even' match in ages. Yesterday I played a zerg in a zvz who went 14p 3x spines evo 2xspore into expand. Granted I had fun playing about with him, but it sucks and you dont learn jack all.
j1nzo
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany367 Posts
April 25 2012 09:46 GMT
#253
have a feeling this will not be the last time they fix the match making...
♞ rest in peace Madiba ♞
AKnopf
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany259 Posts
April 25 2012 10:05 GMT
#254
I think its great.

For me as a diamond (EU) player its nice to have the different play styles of diamond and master. And to be honest, I have the same win rate against master as against diamond. I even won against TOP8 master and right after that i lost to a platinum player.

This is good news: More variety and while being stumped or stumping myself at all.
The world - its a funny place
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
April 25 2012 10:09 GMT
#255
time to cg and stop laddering....
Zest fanboy.
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
April 25 2012 10:21 GMT
#256
there should be make a fun picture like

HAVING THE BEST AUTOMATCHMAKING SYSTEM IN HISTORY

Change it so you get enemys not on your level

blizzard and sc2 could be so proud that their system always gets you enemy EXACTLY on your level so you have 50% and every game is 40 minute superfun and now they make it like all the other "bad" system works and call it evolution ?

i dont get it
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
battleboy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany60 Posts
April 25 2012 10:34 GMT
#257
I like that change i hope Blizzard will keep it up for the upcoming seasons and dont change it back...
StarCraft <3
stinkycop
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel5 Posts
April 25 2012 10:58 GMT
#258
If I would like to play "relax" games I would just play on custom games with higher or lower skill player then me.
That's why there are custom games.
The new ladder system is realy realy bad... all the games are "Favored" or "slightly favored", which makes me want to stop laddering.
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
April 25 2012 10:58 GMT
#259
On April 25 2012 18:36 syriuszonito wrote:
Cant actually believe ppl enjoy getting much worse or much better opponents instead of the same skillwise. Terrible change.

You have to understand that alot of free wins come out of this system for players that are matched up against those much worse then them. I don't like the system either but I get why some people do. A free win is a free win.
"let your freak flag fly"
mell0w
Profile Joined September 2010
United States102 Posts
April 25 2012 11:33 GMT
#260
On April 25 2012 19:58 Mrvoodoochild1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 25 2012 18:36 syriuszonito wrote:
Cant actually believe ppl enjoy getting much worse or much better opponents instead of the same skillwise. Terrible change.

You have to understand that alot of free wins come out of this system for players that are matched up against those much worse then them. I don't like the system either but I get why some people do. A free win is a free win.


Blizzard catering to casuals; News at 10.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5210
Bisu 2988
Soulkey 1614
Jaedong 727
EffOrt 612
Horang2 587
Mini 557
Larva 384
ZerO 296
actioN 256
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 242
Yoon 143
Mind 108
sorry 92
Sea.KH 88
Sharp 83
Dewaltoss 81
hero 73
Barracks 73
Shinee 73
Pusan 57
Snow 54
Hyun 42
Bale 41
ToSsGirL 28
Trap 20
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 15
Terrorterran 15
Rock 14
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5686
qojqva2556
Dendi1194
420jenkins182
Counter-Strike
fl0m2369
Fnx 630
x6flipin231
Other Games
hiko948
Liquid`RaSZi842
B2W.Neo520
Lowko366
crisheroes299
DeMusliM280
XBOCT192
Livibee192
Liquid`VortiX187
QueenE98
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)24
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 48
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV702
League of Legends
• Nemesis3145
• TFBlade548
• Noizen131
Other Games
• Shiphtur308
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 52m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.