• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:47
CEST 03:47
KST 10:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9355 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 84 85 86 Next
Entteri
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland108 Posts
February 13 2012 14:47 GMT
#61
The power of all-inning is very retarded but obviously for all-ins to have their place at pro level, they need to be pretty damn strong at lower level. I personally would like to see all-ins be weaker for every level of play, but that's just my opinion. Wonder if BW had any "problems" like this at the lower level of play?
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
February 13 2012 14:49 GMT
#62
On February 13 2012 23:14 IOvEggY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 23:10 mrafaeldie12 wrote:
I guess it is because the lack of community the game has.


im guessing team liquid is not a community.


he ment inside the game, on my previous computer i couldn't even alt tab while playing SC2 since it was killing it
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
EternaLLegacy
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States410 Posts
February 13 2012 14:49 GMT
#63
Cause the game is so fucking easy that everyone gets bored with amoving to victory with better army comps. It's still a game of rock-paper-scissors with no micro and no incentive to get better. Only terran seems to have any sort of real micro aspect left and they're just getting pigeonholed into playing allin every game cause Blizzard can't tolerate something like mech being any good or ghosts being useful which isn't fun.

When I lose games of BW, I can sit down and say, "that's why I lost. here's where I can improve." When I lose games of SC2 it's 90% "well I guess I should've guessed his build better, maybe I'll try sacking 5 more probes to see if I can actually scout something."

Such a terrible game.
Statists gonna State.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
February 13 2012 14:49 GMT
#64
Lots of reasons.

-Some have school toughening up, which means more attention needs to go there.
-People watch streams a lot, and can do so while doing something else.
-Big downtime in large tournaments since a long time, we've been spoiled in November and December with all the large events going on, now we only really had IEM and Homestory cup so far, which is fairly lackluster.
-People got frustrated with the game and stopped playing in favour of watching the game/doing homework ect.
-Ladder seasons are super short, so regular joes are seeing that ranking up in the ladder is pretty much useless ( not talking about going from bronze to silver, but higher in your division ).

Me? I've been playing a lot but need to get my school act straight so I quit for a little while. Plus I want more content so I'll wait for new stuff to appear like the Cloud Kingdom map and some patches to start playing again. Maybe I'll even wait until HotS to continiue playing.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
February 13 2012 14:49 GMT
#65
I for one have stopped 1v1 for a whole season. It's just that I start getting ladder fear after taking a break
Also as a zerg, the games usually end about 20 mins+ each game if I want to win but it can take as short as 5 mins or so to lose right away.

Bunker rush used to bother me so much, I am glad it doesn't happen so often nowadays. It was like "oh my drone stopped attacking, bunker is finished, guess I lose my hatch now" or "oh, there is a bunker lower cliff as well? gg" but even if you defended it, "I guess I am ahead now, god that nearly killed me, oh the terran just savaged the bunker, guess we are even now even though I just defended a game ending move"
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
February 13 2012 14:49 GMT
#66
Because you can't play the matchups/maps you want to play and the custom map system is still appauling.
I used to play hours and hours of custom with Broodwar, SC2 just sucks comparitively.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Attican
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark531 Posts
February 13 2012 14:50 GMT
#67
My computer started doing this thing around November where it almost always crashes or something when I try to play anything, so I can't be bothered trying to ladder when I know that either just before, during, or just after the game the computer will freeze up and then I have to restart. It's quite annoying.
blamekilly
Profile Joined April 2011
466 Posts
February 13 2012 14:50 GMT
#68
I'm guessing a lot of people who started off as terran quit . Diamond to low masters is hard for most terrans and the race distribution reflects that. So, the terrans who were trying to move up the ranks just either quit or race switched. All you see when laddering is mostly protoss and zerg. I don't see that changing any time soon because terran has a higher skill cap and blizzard only balances the game off pro player results. The low terran players, below mid-masters will continue to suffer.
MXfive
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom19 Posts
February 13 2012 14:50 GMT
#69
Season 2 was 6x longer than season 5.
"FFE and die"
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 14:57:47
February 13 2012 14:52 GMT
#70
Don't people feel proud in being (not bronze)good at something they find hard? That's why I keep playing 1v1.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Alvis
Profile Joined July 2011
876 Posts
February 13 2012 14:54 GMT
#71
On February 13 2012 23:50 blamekilly wrote:
I'm guessing a lot of people who started off as terran quit . Diamond to low masters is hard for most terrans and the race distribution reflects that. So, the terrans who were trying to move up the ranks just either quit or race switched. All you see when laddering is mostly protoss and zerg. I don't see that changing any time soon because terran has a higher skill cap and blizzard only balances the game off pro player results. The low terran players, below mid-masters will continue to suffer.

I used to be a diamond terran and i lost almost all the TvP (i tried to play macro long game).
Now i only play 3v3 or 4v4 now.
EndOfLineTv
Profile Joined February 2011
United States741 Posts
February 13 2012 14:54 GMT
#72
It may be possible that the shortened seasons are playing a small part it this. A lot of players that used to abuse bonus pool, by allowing it to bank up over a course of a season, only to then use it all up with in a two week period, can not do this so effectively now.
Zenic
Profile Joined October 2010
53 Posts
February 13 2012 14:56 GMT
#73
That cheese and allins are the reason for the decreasing playerbase is bullshit. There are a lot of people out there who enjoy playing cheesy/allinish games. Face it the excitement of the new is over, the playerbase will again increase with HOTS and LOTV, but only the fans will stay.

I am now talking with some friends in chat and i asked them why they stopped playing and the simplified answer is "Because the game is old".
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 14:57:29
February 13 2012 14:57 GMT
#74
double post 0:
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
February 13 2012 14:57 GMT
#75
On February 13 2012 23:08 Shockk wrote:
Shameless plug: Maybe it's not ladder anxiety or insufficient motivation causing dropping players numbers, but the general lack of social features and feeling of community in the game?


Yes!

The main problem, I believe, is the custom game system. The custom games in WC3 and BW kept me playing for 10 years even though I wasn't part of any community and I didn't have friends playing. I didn't even touch ladder games until one year before SC2 came out. Unfortunately, in SC2 there's always the same 10 custom maps that you are able to play, the rest just sit there in limbo. I could literally spend and entire day playing custom maps in BW because there was always something new, and even when there wasn't something new, I could always start any map I wanted. When I get sick of playing 1on1s in SC2, there is NOTHING to do. I hate what Blizzard has done to the custom game system.
MrASAP
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom63 Posts
February 13 2012 14:58 GMT
#76
if its for any reason like me it might be because i got a load of new games over xmas that i was playing, most noteable skyrim that has taken up ALOT of my time, however i am bored with that and now i am back to SC so i should think it will pick up again soon
HypernovA
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada556 Posts
February 13 2012 15:00 GMT
#77
Not interested in playing a game that vilifies me for playing Terran.
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
February 13 2012 15:00 GMT
#78
I stopped playing 1v1 because I didn't feel that great after winning a 1v1. In 3v3, I don't feel that great winning either, but playing with friends is a lot more fun.

Now in BW, 1v1s were great. Maybe I just miss old zerg.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
February 13 2012 15:00 GMT
#79
On February 13 2012 23:30 i3rainless wrote:
The seasons are definatly shorter and I think this is the main reason, why that drastic drop happend.

Some players can't loose and are frustrated because of that, if you are one of that guys I think SC2 and every other comptetive online game is a bad game for you(maybe try an EA Game or WOW :D) . You need the mindset that you can learn a lot from lost games and not the mindset damn I lost, my opponets race is OP. shitty game.
Let's face the facts each race can win against each other race so don't whine and have a look at the replay to find out where you lost.
The same for Counterstrike, LoL, WC3, SC1.
I played Counterstrike a long time before playing SC2. If you play CS comptetive you also need the ability to take a loose and learn from it.
In my opinion Blizzard must not make changes to make the game more attractive for causal gamers. This would be like taking the Queen out of chess to make it easier understandable for causal chess gamers.

The only thing Blizzard can do to make SC2 more attractive for causal gamers is to make a Online Campaign where maybe 2 or more Guys can play with different races the Campaign and get like super upgrades and stuff, tune there units and play together against AI. This would be a fun thing for some guys I think.



This is a very true fact. A lot of gamers these days want instant rewards. Heck CoD rewards you even if you lose, you still get points for weapons. Blizzard did take losses out of the game for everyone below masters in an effort to make it more user friendly, which is cool, I am not against that.
Xcobidoo
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1871 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 15:05:57
February 13 2012 15:04 GMT
#80
I need stats! Which maps am I good on, which MU's etc. I have no idea why they are so protective of lower league players, I can't even see how many games I've lost?.... really? The maps play a big role aswell, I currently have max maps banned and that leaves like 4-5 to play on, taking into consideration other peoples bans aswell it's like 3 maps constantly.
Also, sc2 without friends is so desolate it's scary...
Supreme Intergalactic Commander
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 84 85 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 117
Nina 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12889
Rain 2235
Artosis 664
NaDa 21
Dewaltoss 20
Dota 2
monkeys_forever713
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
Doublelift5014
Counter-Strike
taco 501
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1612
ArmadaUGS402
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1271
WinterStarcraft471
Other Games
summit1g8826
Day[9].tv698
shahzam695
JimRising 610
PiGStarcraft172
ViBE160
Maynarde157
C9.Mang0135
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick876
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv698
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 13m
OSC
11h 13m
Stellar Fest
11h 13m
OSC
22h 13m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.