• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:28
CEST 05:28
KST 12:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6626 users

New Zerg Unit in Heart of The Swarm - Page 71

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 120 Next
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
October 11 2011 08:53 GMT
#1401
On October 11 2011 17:51 ELA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:43 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:40 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:36 Arnstein wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:28 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.


You can find this video in the topic "HoTS health bars are red" or something like that (too lazy to check)


I believe this is the thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=273491

And this is the video:


Yeah thanks, it looks like it might be it. Can't find the unit that I was thinking of though. Maybe I was dreaming or something lol. It was pretty late when I watched it so maybe I just saw a queen and let my imagination run wild. -_-


Could it have been this one?

[image loading]

Looks like a sort of morphed queen..


That's a Brood Mother, one of Kerrigan's super-queens that were her replacement for the cerebrates. A big part of the campaign is killing them and reclaiming their broods.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 08:56:41
October 11 2011 08:56 GMT
#1402
On October 11 2011 17:51 Cuiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:33 Werk wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:31 Cooleh wrote:
I hope blizz make the attack dodgeable with micro (like lurkers)


yea thats what zerg needs, another unit that can be totally negated by micro LAWLALWALW

sorry but this is silly


yeah i think so to.
it is something bad to bring more skill in to the game.
pls less micro

I think what he means is that micro shouldn't make it 0% effective.

My answer would be:
Let it be it 0% effective, but give another tech tree that negates that. I want tech switches all game long and have to build zerglings after 60 minutes again just because of the way my opponent plays!
MetalSlug
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany443 Posts
October 11 2011 08:58 GMT
#1403
On October 11 2011 17:35 Thune wrote:
Anyone Thought about a Droideka from Star Wars?
[image loading]


imho it actually looks like its could roll if the thing on its back was a Shell and not a cannon.

Letz say the thing we think is a hole really is only there to leave a place for the head when this unit is rolling superfast of creep to meele marines with its hardend Shell.
MKP | Maru | Nada | Boxer | Supernova | Keen
ONEeldthwe
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia32 Posts
October 11 2011 08:58 GMT
#1404
i reckon blizzard hasnt figured out what to make yet and is gonna pick the best idea out of everything here :o
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
October 11 2011 08:59 GMT
#1405
On October 11 2011 17:51 ELA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:43 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:40 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:36 Arnstein wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:28 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.


You can find this video in the topic "HoTS health bars are red" or something like that (too lazy to check)


I believe this is the thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=273491

And this is the video:
http://youtu.be/MT9xwLrY1xU


Yeah thanks, it looks like it might be it. Can't find the unit that I was thinking of though. Maybe I was dreaming or something lol. It was pretty late when I watched it so maybe I just saw a queen and let my imagination run wild. -_-


Could it have been this one?

[image loading]

Looks like a sort of morphed queen..



Yeah I guess that must have been it. It's not exactly what I remember seeing but unless I'm getting different videos confused I don't have a better explanation. Thanks for assisting though.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
October 11 2011 08:59 GMT
#1406
On October 11 2011 17:56 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:51 Cuiu wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:33 Werk wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:31 Cooleh wrote:
I hope blizz make the attack dodgeable with micro (like lurkers)


yea thats what zerg needs, another unit that can be totally negated by micro LAWLALWALW

sorry but this is silly


yeah i think so to.
it is something bad to bring more skill in to the game.
pls less micro

I think what he means is that micro shouldn't make it 0% effective.

My answer would be:
Let it be it 0% effective, but give another tech tree that negates that. I want tech switches all game long and have to build zerglings after 60 minutes again just because of the way my opponent plays!

Isn't that what fungal is for? Immobilize everything, then this thing rains down hell.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
October 11 2011 08:59 GMT
#1407
Wasn't Blizzard playing around with the idea of making Roaches morph into Lurkers? I remember I didn't like the idea because it screwed up the lore, but.. if they just make a new unit that does the same thing I'm happy
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
IMSmooth
Profile Joined May 2011
United States679 Posts
October 11 2011 09:01 GMT
#1408
On October 11 2011 17:56 KeksX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:51 Cuiu wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:33 Werk wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:31 Cooleh wrote:
I hope blizz make the attack dodgeable with micro (like lurkers)


yea thats what zerg needs, another unit that can be totally negated by micro LAWLALWALW

sorry but this is silly


yeah i think so to.
it is something bad to bring more skill in to the game.
pls less micro

I think what he means is that micro shouldn't make it 0% effective.

My answer would be:
Let it be it 0% effective, but give another tech tree that negates that. I want tech switches all game long and have to build zerglings after 60 minutes again just because of the way my opponent plays!


I dont understand... does he just want another unit that fungal growths? There isnt much you can do to micro out of that.

I, for one, am looking forward to very micro intensive units. They make games less predictable and players can come from behind if they have that sick, makes the crowd throw their pants on stage, gosu micro.
"Get your shit done... THEN party" - NonY
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 09:04:04
October 11 2011 09:01 GMT
#1409
On October 11 2011 17:59 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:56 KeksX wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:51 Cuiu wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:33 Werk wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:31 Cooleh wrote:
I hope blizz make the attack dodgeable with micro (like lurkers)


yea thats what zerg needs, another unit that can be totally negated by micro LAWLALWALW

sorry but this is silly


yeah i think so to.
it is something bad to bring more skill in to the game.
pls less micro

I think what he means is that micro shouldn't make it 0% effective.

My answer would be:
Let it be it 0% effective, but give another tech tree that negates that. I want tech switches all game long and have to build zerglings after 60 minutes again just because of the way my opponent plays!

Isn't that what fungal is for? Immobilize everything, then this thing rains down hell.

The problem is that fungal is used as a stand-alone dmg skill, hence the reduce of stun-duration.

If it was really something lurker-like, they could make fungal to a slow effect(that maybe even prevents getting picked up by medivacs?) with a little bit of dmg(just so much that it's not like 5dmg/hit, but also nothing like 100dmg/hit) and we had a great micro combination for zerg.

Oh shit, I want this. Now. Sounds neat!
bLah.
Profile Joined July 2009
Croatia497 Posts
October 11 2011 09:03 GMT
#1410
Dunno what this unit will be, but I'm pretty sure that announced terran unit will beat the shit out of this unit ^^
Raiznhell
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada786 Posts
October 11 2011 09:05 GMT
#1411
On October 11 2011 17:59 .Aar wrote:
Wasn't Blizzard playing around with the idea of making Roaches morph into Lurkers? I remember I didn't like the idea because it screwed up the lore, but.. if they just make a new unit that does the same thing I'm happy

I don't think lore plays any role in the multiplayer experience. First and foremost priority is a fun and balanced game worthy of being an e-sport regardless of designs that contradict the single-player lore.

Blizzard may list some random lore paragraph to explain a certain unit stuck in multiplayer but really they just came up with a quirky idea and made up some random story for it. Only exception I can see to this int he entire game would be the Thor
Cake or Death?
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
October 11 2011 09:07 GMT
#1412
Lol, why the hell are people saying that's a cannon? That seems so deeply unlikely. I may be a BW player, but it seems obvious to me that it has the front of a hydralisk/lurker. And you already have the hydralisk in your game...
EleGant[AoV]
Skoop
Profile Joined March 2011
United States214 Posts
October 11 2011 09:11 GMT
#1413
The idea of roach lurkers just gets me wiggly :S. So I'm just going to keep pretending that blizzard is that awesome till they finally show it.
DongRaeGu & JangBi & HerO & Jaedong & ZerO & Taeja fighting!
shihido
Profile Joined May 2011
Singapore29 Posts
October 11 2011 09:12 GMT
#1414
On October 11 2011 16:28 canikizu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 16:12 VashTS wrote:
This is clearly the evolution of the Lurker. The Creeper.


OooOoOOOOoooOOoOOoO

The next evolution of the Creeper is the Stalker

oh wait...


I thought the evolution of the lurker would be a Troll. Or a flaming troll.
I never approve, or disapprove, of anything now. It is an absurd attitude to take towards life. We are not sent into the world to air our moral prejudices.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
October 11 2011 09:13 GMT
#1415
On October 11 2011 18:12 shihido wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 16:28 canikizu wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:12 VashTS wrote:
This is clearly the evolution of the Lurker. The Creeper.


OooOoOOOOoooOOoOOoO

The next evolution of the Creeper is the Stalker

oh wait...


I thought the evolution of the lurker would be a Troll. Or a flaming troll.


Protoss can get that unit.
Chicken Chaser
Profile Joined July 2010
United States533 Posts
October 11 2011 09:14 GMT
#1416
Anyone else think that "shell" will have some special mechanic like the Immortal's hardened shields?
OsoVega
Profile Joined December 2010
926 Posts
October 11 2011 09:16 GMT
#1417
Maybe it's a Reaver sort of unit that is slow when able to fire and has to produce it's projectiles. Maybe give Protoss a linear AoE unit that has to hunker down like a siege tank to fire but while hunkered down, it is cloaked.
Cirqueenflex
Profile Joined October 2010
499 Posts
October 11 2011 09:23 GMT
#1418
On October 11 2011 17:14 grappasc wrote:
2) lack of symmetry. I can't see the symmetry in that unit, and as far as I know all units are symmetrical. maybe not if you have a rifle in 1 hand, but the living organism carrying it is.



here is my pic from page 23 of this thread:
[image loading]
with a double barrel on the back, how is it not symmetrical?
(even though my paint skills are pretty low ^^)
Give a man a fire, you keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Pokju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Japan2 Posts
October 11 2011 09:31 GMT
#1419
I think its gonna be an anti-air unit instead of something like siege tanks or lurkers. I just felt like zerg never really any strong counters against air in the early game. so maybe something like anti-air roaches or hydra type of thing??
exnomendei
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands122 Posts
October 11 2011 09:33 GMT
#1420
How about the opposite of an immortal? Anything below x damage only does 1 damage to it. Say the cap is at 10. That would make a good marine-counter .
Trying something wacky, expanding it, adjusting it, perfecting it -> Build order
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings210
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft441
RuFF_SC2 202
ViBE87
Nina 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4122
GuemChi 1194
Terrorterran 92
910 73
Bale 30
NaDa 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever443
Counter-Strike
taco 611
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox969
Other Games
summit1g8472
JimRising 617
C9.Mang0306
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP125
• EnkiAlexander 60
• Hupsaiya 57
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo847
• Stunt247
Other Games
• Shiphtur551
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
12h 32m
The PondCast
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.