• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:35
CEST 08:35
KST 15:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8783 users

New Zerg Unit in Heart of The Swarm - Page 70

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 120 Next
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
October 11 2011 08:27 GMT
#1381
On October 11 2011 17:14 grappasc wrote:
2) lack of symmetry. I can't see the symmetry in that unit, and as far as I know all units are symmetrical. maybe not if you have a rifle in 1 hand, but the living organism carrying it is.


Does it really not look symmetrical to you?

It looked pretty clear to me. The front extended claw is identical to the one at the bottom centre, it is just at a different angle. At the back, the shell has two vertices, again symmetrical. The leg at the back has another one hidden behind the body. I'm willing to bet the spikes along the side also have a symmetrical twin on the other side.
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 08:31:10
October 11 2011 08:28 GMT
#1382
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.
Dusker
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States17 Posts
October 11 2011 08:28 GMT
#1383
Actually, the back shell of this unit might not cover the top but the bottom, and the 2 front legs look like they could fold down to turn this guy into a hydra-snow/creep-mobile
[image loading]
Shame is a silly emotion. Don't succumb to it. - Artosis
Cooleh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom63 Posts
October 11 2011 08:31 GMT
#1384
I hope blizz make the attack dodgeable with micro (like lurkers)
Opportunities will present themselves. Recognize them, act on them.
Werk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States294 Posts
October 11 2011 08:33 GMT
#1385
On October 11 2011 17:31 Cooleh wrote:
I hope blizz make the attack dodgeable with micro (like lurkers)


yea thats what zerg needs, another unit that can be totally negated by micro LAWLALWALW

sorry but this is silly
Do Werk Son
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
October 11 2011 08:34 GMT
#1386
On October 11 2011 14:20 sirachman wrote:
It is a mobile destructible rocks..


Lol thats hilarious.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
zeOllie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Australia486 Posts
October 11 2011 08:34 GMT
#1387
I think it'll be a siege unit, because toss have colossus terran have tanks, zerg doesn't have a siege unit. except for broodlords but thats t3 and air.

zerg needs a siege unit desparately.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
Thune
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria129 Posts
October 11 2011 08:35 GMT
#1388
Anyone Thought about a Droideka from Star Wars?
[image loading]
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
October 11 2011 08:36 GMT
#1389
On October 11 2011 17:28 gruff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.


You can find this video in the topic "HoTS health bars are red" or something like that (too lazy to check)
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
October 11 2011 08:39 GMT
#1390
On October 11 2011 17:36 Arnstein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:28 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.


You can find this video in the topic "HoTS health bars are red" or something like that (too lazy to check)


Ok thanks, I'll check if it's it.
grappasc
Profile Joined September 2011
Belgium86 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 08:59:10
October 11 2011 08:40 GMT
#1391
On October 11 2011 17:27 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:14 grappasc wrote:
2) lack of symmetry. I can't see the symmetry in that unit, and as far as I know all units are symmetrical. maybe not if you have a rifle in 1 hand, but the living organism carrying it is.


Does it really not look symmetrical to you?

It looked pretty clear to me. The front extended claw is identical to the one at the bottom centre, it is just at a different angle. At the back, the shell has two vertices, again symmetrical. The leg at the back has another one hidden behind the body. I'm willing to bet the spikes along the side also have a symmetrical twin on the other side.


I agree with the legs, except that when I increased the brightness and shadows it looked like spike at the middle of the back leg is not another limb, but instead a part of the leg. it's debatable. (edit: I now realize that is not what you referred to. I completely agree about the legs)

the problems I have are about the shell. if it's a shell that extends from the back to the front and there's an opening between the head and the shell, I think there shouldn't be a gap between the shell and the head in the silhouette for the sake of symmetry. look at how the "edge" continues to the right side of the picture. if it's symmetrical, the left side should create a silhouette between the head and the shell.

that could be fixed if the unit was in a posture where the shell looking part is bent towards the camera, but then I look at the 2 bumps on top of the shell. if the shell is bent towards the camera, the right bump is the middle of it, and there should be a third bump next to it. I also look at the part that's been interpret as a ranged weapon - something that squirts acid or whatever. it looks to me like it continues toward the left bump, but if it were so, again there's something weird about the right side of the shell.

not sure if I explained it very well at all, but I don't see the symmetry with the shell
VoiceOfDecember
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia206 Posts
October 11 2011 08:40 GMT
#1392
On October 11 2011 17:36 Arnstein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:28 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.


You can find this video in the topic "HoTS health bars are red" or something like that (too lazy to check)


I believe this is the thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=273491

And this is the video:
If I keep making drones and expanding while fending off their attacks, I'm sure to win...right?
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 08:45:57
October 11 2011 08:43 GMT
#1393
On October 11 2011 17:40 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:36 Arnstein wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:28 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.


You can find this video in the topic "HoTS health bars are red" or something like that (too lazy to check)


I believe this is the thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=273491

And this is the video:
http://youtu.be/MT9xwLrY1xU


Yeah thanks, it looks like it might be it. Can't find the unit that I was thinking of though. Maybe I was dreaming or something lol. It was pretty late when I watched it so maybe I just saw a queen and let my imagination run wild. -_-
albis
Profile Joined January 2010
United States652 Posts
October 11 2011 08:44 GMT
#1394
could be a large baneling that plows through armys and blows up on buildings. large aoe. goes through forcefields. something that is good against entrenched positions but not armys. that would be super cools to manage/micro. super tanky
every punch is thrown with bad intentions with the speed of a devil
Rococo
Profile Joined May 2011
United States331 Posts
October 11 2011 08:46 GMT
#1395
On October 11 2011 16:15 Zelniq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 13:44 Rococo wrote:
On October 11 2011 13:41 emesen wrote:
On October 11 2011 13:32 Tyree wrote:
I just dont like the idea of a Zerg "Siege Tank" it just does not fit the race that is suppose to be Zergy and very mobile. Same reason i dont like the Marauder (which Artosis explains perfectly).

I hope its a Lurker type unit, does not have to be a carbon copy of it but that unit was so cool and unique.


you realize the lurker was the zerg "seige tank" as both have a siege mode that makes them immobile but gives them a long range splash damage attack


Long range? The Lurker had a range of 6. The only time it's ever anything like the siege tank is before the other player has detection. The two units are very very different.

actually functionally they serve the same purpose. they control space. you set some up at some nice location and they say 'you can't come here.' the key parts are that they do splash damage, are very immobile, and have decent range


The same general purpose true, but Lurkers were far less immobile than Siege Tanks. As fast as stimmed marines in fact. And their range was less than that of even tanks out of siege mode. Until detection they control space with the same impenetrability as Siege Tank lines, but after that they're a very different kind of unit.

When people say Zerg siege tank I think of a slow ground unit with an 8+ range. The Lurker was not that at all.
Link_Drako
Profile Joined April 2011
United States53 Posts
October 11 2011 08:48 GMT
#1396
You guys have a hilarious imagination. I can't wait to see what it actually is. XD
To get smarter, you first have to play a smarter opponent. -Fundamentals of Chess (1883)
Cuiu
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany410 Posts
October 11 2011 08:51 GMT
#1397
On October 11 2011 17:33 Werk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:31 Cooleh wrote:
I hope blizz make the attack dodgeable with micro (like lurkers)


yea thats what zerg needs, another unit that can be totally negated by micro LAWLALWALW

sorry but this is silly


yeah i think so to.
it is something bad to bring more skill in to the game.
pls less micro
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
October 11 2011 08:51 GMT
#1398
On October 11 2011 17:43 gruff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 17:40 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:36 Arnstein wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:28 gruff wrote:
On October 11 2011 17:22 VoiceOfDecember wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video


No that was not what I was refering to. It was definatly a zerg unit. I'm talking about a preview where a russian (?) guy sat in front of a computer so you could see the screen while he was talking about HOTS. It was a fairly long youtube video, maybe 30+ min. About halfway in there was some bulky zerg unit running around that in my head at least somewhat resemble the profile. It was posted in some other thread but I can't for the life of me find it. But as I said, I'm probably just remembering it wrong, or it was some single player unit.


You can find this video in the topic "HoTS health bars are red" or something like that (too lazy to check)


I believe this is the thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=273491

And this is the video:
http://youtu.be/MT9xwLrY1xU


Yeah thanks, it looks like it might be it. Can't find the unit that I was thinking of though. Maybe I was dreaming or something lol. It was pretty late when I watched it so maybe I just saw a queen and let my imagination run wild. -_-


Could it have been this one?

[image loading]

Looks like a sort of morphed queen..

The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
FXOpen
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1844 Posts
October 11 2011 08:52 GMT
#1399
[image loading]

that is all.
www.twitter.com/FXOpenESports
Amlitzer
Profile Joined August 2010
United States471 Posts
October 11 2011 08:53 GMT
#1400
Maybe it's a unit that is the result of a roach and hydra being morphed together? Although, I really want a lurker type unit.
"Not even justice, I want to get truth!"
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2305
GuemChi 575
Leta 158
Bale 36
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
sSak 23
Noble 17
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King163
Other Games
summit1g8330
Happy258
C9.Mang0230
Sick175
ceh9120
ViBE101
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick460
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2208
League of Legends
• Lourlo1330
• Stunt499
Other Games
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 25m
Patches Events
9h 25m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.