• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:35
CEST 08:35
KST 15:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8839 users

New Zerg Unit in Heart of The Swarm - Page 69

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 120 Next
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
October 11 2011 07:28 GMT
#1361
On October 11 2011 16:12 VashTS wrote:
This is clearly the evolution of the Lurker. The Creeper.


OooOoOOOOoooOOoOOoO

The next evolution of the Creeper is the Stalker

oh wait...
Brian333
Profile Joined August 2010
657 Posts
October 11 2011 07:32 GMT
#1362
On October 11 2011 16:22 0neder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 16:12 Brian333 wrote:
regardless of the conceptual continuity of a unit, a lot of stuff from BW would be flat out imbalanced in SC2.

Uhh, a lot of stuff from BW was imbalanced in BW. That's what made BW great...


Not really. They were overpowered relative to other things but balanced because all races had overpowered things and they counteracted each other.

Though I agree it's that dynamic that contributed to BW being such a great game.
AugustDreams
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia127 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 07:47:17
October 11 2011 07:46 GMT
#1363
At first I thought it was a tanky unit like the Roach, but looking at it more I'm leaning towards an Anti-Air ground unit.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams - My Let's Play Channel!
Drayne
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada239 Posts
October 11 2011 07:46 GMT
#1364
Thats simple.... its an upgraded spine crawler.. they grow legs and move faster off creep.. you can now crawler rush FE terrans... maybe drones should be able to repair it 2... sweet payback
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 07:48:28
October 11 2011 07:47 GMT
#1365
This would be so cool if it was a baneling launcher!

Wouldn't be the best unit though, since it's not particularly original, and not being able to attack on it's own just adds to the fact that zerg has such a low count of good attacking units, particularly mid-to-long ranged attacking units (brood lord)

I really think zerg needs 1-2 spellcasters badly, but this one doesn't really have that sort of appearance (aside from maybe 1 ability aside from burrow)
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
dogabutila
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1438 Posts
October 11 2011 07:50 GMT
#1366
All I need is dark swarm
Baller Fanclub || CheAse Fanclub || Scarlett Fanclub || LJD FIGHTING!
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 07:53:55
October 11 2011 07:51 GMT
#1367
[image loading]
WHO'S THAT POKEMON?!!

Its probably an attack version of baneling. or a Roach tank carrier carrying banelings.
Split.
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland234 Posts
October 11 2011 07:53 GMT
#1368
On October 11 2011 04:32 Nachtwind wrote:
[image loading]
i can only see a shell and a very round formed leg with spikes

also the joints of the legs predict that it can fold up to the body

the spikes from the legs and the belly seems to go in the same way


Actually i find this very interesting and even the most plausible theory yet.

Why? Every picture in the OP suggests the top as sort of a cannon hole, but actually if you look at higher contrast pictures it looks more like it goes on, so more like a turtle shell it can take cover under.

Question remains: What does it do then?...
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 11 2011 07:57 GMT
#1369
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
October 11 2011 07:58 GMT
#1370
I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind making a new zerg siege unit when the lurker is already in the game. Just to make it attack in a different way with a cannon aoe instead of directional spines, ex: hellion? Bleh.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 08:00:17
October 11 2011 07:59 GMT
#1371
On October 11 2011 16:53 Split. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 04:32 Nachtwind wrote:
[image loading]
i can only see a shell and a very round formed leg with spikes

also the joints of the legs predict that it can fold up to the body

the spikes from the legs and the belly seems to go in the same way


Actually i find this very interesting and even the most plausible theory yet.

Why? Every picture in the OP suggests the top as sort of a cannon hole, but actually if you look at higher contrast pictures it looks more like it goes on, so more like a turtle shell it can take cover under.

Question remains: What does it do then?...


Rolling SiegeTank (Mobile Form) ------->>>> Unfurls into Siege Mode(Immobile Attack Mode). I'm Guessing
Never GG MKP | IdrA
ViperPL
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland1775 Posts
October 11 2011 08:00 GMT
#1372
On October 11 2011 01:04 Phlatline wrote:
Finally - a flying hydra ^.^


Terrible unit, if it would not fly over creep it'd be extremely slow

Looks like some Roach mutation, hopefully gonna be useful.
A dota player and lol player walk into a bar. The dota player says: "lol sucks". Lol player couldn't deny. http://i.imgur.com/FpLeTf1.gif
ThaSlayer
Profile Joined March 2011
707 Posts
October 11 2011 08:05 GMT
#1373
I would get kinda worried if this unit is too similar to a siege tank. Remember the newer C & C games whereby each race basically had the same type of units?
Ganseng
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation473 Posts
October 11 2011 08:05 GMT
#1374
I'd say people have figured out how it looks by now. We have to wait to know what it does though.
Compared to the Terran concept this thing looks much more solid. I'm really clueless about what's behind the Terran silhouette.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
October 11 2011 08:09 GMT
#1375
LURKER.
Hello
Sohryu7
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria27 Posts
October 11 2011 08:11 GMT
#1376
siege tank that shoots banelings, fuck yeah
grappasc
Profile Joined September 2011
Belgium86 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-11 08:29:37
October 11 2011 08:14 GMT
#1377
there's 2 things bothering me about all of this, the unit and some of the interpretations

1) 2 pairs of limbs. I hate it. insects should have more. I keep looking at it like there's somehow more behind there. maybe it somehow slaps that ass down on the ground etc, but I guess with the baneling already in wol I can forget about that.

2) lack of symmetry. I can't see the symmetry in that unit, and as far as I know all units are symmetrical. maybe not if you have a rifle in 1 hand, but the living organism carrying it is.

edit1: actually the baneling "jaw" looks more like limbs than a jaw like the one roaches have, so actually I think there's no other zerg unit with only 2 pairs of limbs

edit2: I'm apparently just gonna keep correcting myself. broodlings have less than 3 pairs, mutas have only wings, but then again they're flying units. I don't know what to think about 2 pairs of limbs on a ground unit. maybe it doesn't matter
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
October 11 2011 08:15 GMT
#1378
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


No I don't think so. I'm probably just remember it incorrectly since I'm sure other people would have brought it up. Still bugs me though, I'd like to know what it was I saw. -_-
Pwnographics
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand1097 Posts
October 11 2011 08:20 GMT
#1379
It's the hydra mounted on the roach LOL!
VoiceOfDecember
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia206 Posts
October 11 2011 08:22 GMT
#1380
On October 11 2011 16:57 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2011 16:19 gruff wrote:
Maybe I remember this crazy wrong but there was this youtube HOtS preview posted in some thread where some russian guy showed off some of the new things of the expansion and I distinctly remember seeing a similar looking unit on screen for a while. Maybe it was something from the single player. *dunno* Does anyone know what video I'm talking about? I can't remember where the link was posted.

The yeti thing?


This thing?

[image loading]

Source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay @57sec in the video
If I keep making drones and expanding while fending off their attacks, I'm sure to win...right?
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2305
GuemChi 575
Leta 158
Bale 36
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
sSak 23
Noble 17
Icarus 10
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King163
Other Games
summit1g8330
Happy258
C9.Mang0230
Sick175
ceh9120
ViBE101
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick460
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2208
League of Legends
• Lourlo1330
• Stunt499
Other Games
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 25m
Patches Events
9h 25m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.