• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:26
CEST 03:26
KST 10:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8366 users

An NASL Retrospective With EG.iNcontroL - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36 37 Next All
LilClinkin
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Australia667 Posts
July 15 2011 04:34 GMT
#61
On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.


You're behaving like a hypocrite. Countless people moved from SC to SC2 because they believed they had a higher chance of making money, in both player roles and associated roles such as casters. Money wasn't the main incentive though, most of them had an extreme passion for the game and/or gaming in general.

TB is fantastic; his passion for gaming is extremely diverse and because he's passionate about what he does, he's managed to turn it into a profitable venture. If you spent 10 minutes browsing his youtube channel, you'd see he puts back copious amounts into the gaming community at large, making countless videos promoting unheard indie games and broadening their appeal to his audience. If he was purely driven to make money, he would never have wasted his time with these things.

Myself, as a gamer with a wide range of interests of which starcraft is one in particular, can objectively look at TB and say he's done more for gaming at large than you have. It's disgusting to make hypocritical attacks on a well-intentioned member of the gaming community such as TB while on the other hand defend some pretty-faced model who clearly came to the NASL finals in order to promote herself and make a quick buck, knowing absolutely nothing about SC2 (or gaming) in general.
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 04:38:08
July 15 2011 04:37 GMT
#62
On July 15 2011 13:33 Nalesnik wrote:
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
Note: I did the text in comic sans, so you know it's a joke.


LOL.

Maybe taking it to far. Still funny tho.


Snitches get stiches
AlissyXOXO
Profile Joined June 2010
United States49 Posts
July 15 2011 04:37 GMT
#63
On July 15 2011 13:34 LilClinkin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.


You're behaving like a hypocrite. Countless people moved from SC to SC2 because they believed they had a higher chance of making money, in both player roles and associated roles such as casters. Money wasn't the main incentive though, most of them had an extreme passion for the game and/or gaming in general.

TB is fantastic; his passion for gaming is extremely diverse and because he's passionate about what he does, he's managed to turn it into a profitable venture. If you spent 10 minutes browsing his youtube channel, you'd see he puts back copious amounts into the gaming community at large, making countless videos promoting unheard indie games and broadening their appeal to his audience. If he was purely driven to make money, he would never have wasted his time with these things.

Myself, as a gamer with a wide range of interests of which starcraft is one in particular, can objectively look at TB and say he's done more for gaming at large than you have. It's disgusting to make hypocritical attacks on a well-intentioned member of the gaming community such as TB while on the other hand defend some pretty-faced model who clearly came to the NASL finals in order to promote herself and make a quick buck, knowing absolutely nothing about SC2 (or gaming) in general.


Umm, you do realize most of TB's income actually comes from YouTube videos? Just saying... That's kinda half his job... Nothing to do with passion in some cases, like TB doesn't even play WoW anymore but he knows that brings in the most profit cos more people view it, so he still does WoW coverage at times like Cata beta
Alissy from IRC ^_^
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
July 15 2011 04:40 GMT
#64
"I think in order for Starcraft and e-sports in general to continue growing it’s important to break away from the mold of thinking we need Artosis for instance at every event doing every interview-"

I completely disagree with this statement, sure we don't need someone who pretty much lives and breathes starcraft, like artosis, but someone like Lindsey wont understand the extremely detailed concepts of starcraft, and that will always be extremely obvious. An example of a question from someone who obviously knows a thing or two about starcraft is:
MLG: Zerg as a whole did very well in Columbus, taking five of the Top 8 spots. You've been very open with your criticism of Zerg being the weakest race for the majority of SC2's lifespan; do you feel like the results in Columbus were an anomaly, or that Zergs have begun to solidify timings and regain control of the various matchups?

Keep in mind I'm not saying Lindsey is stupid, but she would never ask a question like that unless she was the type of person that will regularily ladder and/or watch streams, and it will always be obvious in the interviews when the interviewer isn't involved in starcraft.
Lose its good, after will be win.
ProtossPenny
Profile Joined December 2010
United States169 Posts
July 15 2011 04:42 GMT
#65
I'd like to just start off by saying that I love Incontrol and to be frank really dislike Tb's commentary and lack of professionalism at times (Which Incontrol is guilty of at times aswell I think) therefore I probably bias but I still think my point holds true. That being said I do not think it was wise of Incontrol to just drop that in the interview. Maybe Incontrol knows something we don't or has approached Tb from a different angle than the average viewer.

Though ultimately my point is that I feel like Tb hasn't put in the time and effort to actually to learn sc2 in depth at all. If you listen to him commentate, it just isn't intelligent and I feel like that he just gets by with his accent instead of putting the time and effort into learning the game and at least trying to be an intelligent and entertaining caster instead of just capitalizing on his diction, pronunciation and his flow. I just feel like casters have an obligation to know what they are talking about. And totalbiscuit just isn't putting forth that effort and maybe incontrol shares my sentiment.

But hell this is all speculation and i probably know only a quarter of the facts, but i do understand Incontrol's statement and where he is coming from.
Pooploop
Profile Joined June 2011
United States10 Posts
July 15 2011 04:42 GMT
#66
On July 15 2011 13:37 AlissyXOXO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 13:34 LilClinkin wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.


You're behaving like a hypocrite. Countless people moved from SC to SC2 because they believed they had a higher chance of making money, in both player roles and associated roles such as casters. Money wasn't the main incentive though, most of them had an extreme passion for the game and/or gaming in general.

TB is fantastic; his passion for gaming is extremely diverse and because he's passionate about what he does, he's managed to turn it into a profitable venture. If you spent 10 minutes browsing his youtube channel, you'd see he puts back copious amounts into the gaming community at large, making countless videos promoting unheard indie games and broadening their appeal to his audience. If he was purely driven to make money, he would never have wasted his time with these things.

Myself, as a gamer with a wide range of interests of which starcraft is one in particular, can objectively look at TB and say he's done more for gaming at large than you have. It's disgusting to make hypocritical attacks on a well-intentioned member of the gaming community such as TB while on the other hand defend some pretty-faced model who clearly came to the NASL finals in order to promote herself and make a quick buck, knowing absolutely nothing about SC2 (or gaming) in general.


Umm, you do realize most of TB's income actually comes from YouTube videos? Just saying... That's kinda half his job... Nothing to do with passion in some cases, like TB doesn't even play WoW anymore but he knows that brings in the most profit cos more people view it, so he still does WoW coverage at times like Cata beta


He played WoW up to, during, and after the Cataclysm beta. He only recently quit (recently as in a few months ago).
bennyaus
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1833 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 04:47:26
July 15 2011 04:44 GMT
#67
I honestly take more offense at people coming from other sports just to make money in Starcraft II--someone like TotalBiscuit.


Coming from Incontrol, this is laughable.... This is a guy that coaches instead of practices as a pro, to make money. This is a guy that got paid to commentate and hype NASL (rather than do it for free like Day9/TB/others have done many tournaments). This is coming from a guy that largely makes his money off of the community rather than giving anything tangible back to it because he isn't even a good enough player to win anything significant and earn money in that regard. He gets paid for his sponsors exposure, so he goes and does talk shows instead of training because he isn't good enough to actually win stuff or place well.

What a fucking joke.

There was absolutely no requirement for you to say something like that in this interview, Geoff. Now you just seem like a massive douchebag, especially considering that you don't actually give anything tangible to this community for free like Day9, and countless others (Mr. Bitter, Artosis, etc.)
I play Random - HuK, DRG + Liquid fan
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
July 15 2011 04:46 GMT
#68
I thought Lindsay Sporrer added some nice eye candy. I also found her questions amusing to say the least. Down with the haters!
AlissyXOXO
Profile Joined June 2010
United States49 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 04:48:14
July 15 2011 04:46 GMT
#69
On July 15 2011 13:42 Pooploop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 13:37 AlissyXOXO wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:34 LilClinkin wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.


You're behaving like a hypocrite. Countless people moved from SC to SC2 because they believed they had a higher chance of making money, in both player roles and associated roles such as casters. Money wasn't the main incentive though, most of them had an extreme passion for the game and/or gaming in general.

TB is fantastic; his passion for gaming is extremely diverse and because he's passionate about what he does, he's managed to turn it into a profitable venture. If you spent 10 minutes browsing his youtube channel, you'd see he puts back copious amounts into the gaming community at large, making countless videos promoting unheard indie games and broadening their appeal to his audience. If he was purely driven to make money, he would never have wasted his time with these things.

Myself, as a gamer with a wide range of interests of which starcraft is one in particular, can objectively look at TB and say he's done more for gaming at large than you have. It's disgusting to make hypocritical attacks on a well-intentioned member of the gaming community such as TB while on the other hand defend some pretty-faced model who clearly came to the NASL finals in order to promote herself and make a quick buck, knowing absolutely nothing about SC2 (or gaming) in general.


Umm, you do realize most of TB's income actually comes from YouTube videos? Just saying... That's kinda half his job... Nothing to do with passion in some cases, like TB doesn't even play WoW anymore but he knows that brings in the most profit cos more people view it, so he still does WoW coverage at times like Cata beta


He played WoW up to, during, and after the Cataclysm beta. He only recently quit (recently as in a few months ago).


He stated on IRC that he didn't even play anymore, but he still does beta coverage during the beta... Also that he had no interest in the game... Maybe he was exaggerating, but "playing" the beta, he obviously needed footage and maybe he played a little after too to see what it was like on release but I don't think it was actually playing.

Also Edit: I'm not saying I dislike TB, I like him a lot and talked to him occasionally over the years, and I think he has an awesome voice/accent. But just saying, it's his job, and he makes money off it. Everyone would if they had the talent and skill to, it's not like he's some crazy martyr out there to save the world of gaming
Alissy from IRC ^_^
Phaded
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia579 Posts
July 15 2011 04:48 GMT
#70
I'm not sure how you can criticise that TB does Starcraft 2 only for money, when he's stated multiple times that Starcraft 2 is the only game he plays for personal enjoyment.

Do you think less of players who never played SC1, and moved to SC2 from Warcraft 3 or other RTS's because there's more money in it?
I am down but I am far from over
SMD
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada627 Posts
July 15 2011 04:48 GMT
#71
On July 15 2011 13:44 bennyaus wrote:
Show nested quote +
I honestly take more offense at people coming from other sports just to make money in Starcraft II--someone like TotalBiscuit.


Coming from Incontrol, this is laughable.... This is a guy that coaches instead of practices as a pro, to make money. This is a guy that got paid to commentate and hype NASL (rather than do it for free like Day9/TB/others have done many tournaments). This is coming from a guy that largely makes his money off of the community rather than giving anything tangible back to it because he isn't even a good enough player to win anything significant and earn money in that regard. He gets paid for his sponsors exposure, so he goes and does talk shows instead of training because he isn't good enough to actually win stuff or place well.

What a fucking joke.


Ill preface this saying I don't agree with iNc:

You really don't understand his point.

iNc has been involved in sc and sc2 FROM THE BEGINNING.

To say he's done nothing for the community is also completely untrue, and just plain stupid

He has NOTHING against people making money, he was just saying he took more offense to someone SWITCHING to sc2 to make money, than to lindsey.

I Also don't know if you realised, doing 2 shows, casting 9-5, iNc still managed to squeek into season 2 of NASL, while thats not a huge accomplishment, now without NASL thats 40hours+ more a week he has open to train, not to mention the EG house.

Attacking him personally, instead of trying to understand and or argue his point is just inflammatory and downright ignorant.
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 04:50:32
July 15 2011 04:48 GMT
#72
On July 15 2011 13:44 bennyaus wrote:
Show nested quote +
I honestly take more offense at people coming from other sports just to make money in Starcraft II--someone like TotalBiscuit.


Coming from Incontrol, this is laughable.... This is a guy that coaches instead of practices as a pro, to make money. This is a guy that got paid to commentate and hype NASL (rather than do it for free like Day9/TB/others have done many tournaments). This is coming from a guy that largely makes his money off of the community rather than giving anything tangible back to it because he isn't even a good enough player to win anything significant and earn money in that regard. He gets paid for his sponsors exposure, so he goes and does talk shows instead of training because he isn't good enough to actually win stuff or place well.

What a fucking joke.


Good to see you said it as nicely as you could. INC actually streams games and talks about what he did right and wrong, was on SOTG for a ton of episodes talking about match-ups, making us laugh, etc, he has held his own at MLG and has been a part of this community forever. Why go and shit on him like that?

Not to mention making a ton of fallacies and not actually arguing against his points. Calling someone a hypocrite isn't an logical argument.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
Callagan
Profile Joined January 2011
United States46 Posts
July 15 2011 04:50 GMT
#73
On July 15 2011 13:46 AlissyXOXO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 13:42 Pooploop wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:37 AlissyXOXO wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:34 LilClinkin wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.


You're behaving like a hypocrite. Countless people moved from SC to SC2 because they believed they had a higher chance of making money, in both player roles and associated roles such as casters. Money wasn't the main incentive though, most of them had an extreme passion for the game and/or gaming in general.

TB is fantastic; his passion for gaming is extremely diverse and because he's passionate about what he does, he's managed to turn it into a profitable venture. If you spent 10 minutes browsing his youtube channel, you'd see he puts back copious amounts into the gaming community at large, making countless videos promoting unheard indie games and broadening their appeal to his audience. If he was purely driven to make money, he would never have wasted his time with these things.

Myself, as a gamer with a wide range of interests of which starcraft is one in particular, can objectively look at TB and say he's done more for gaming at large than you have. It's disgusting to make hypocritical attacks on a well-intentioned member of the gaming community such as TB while on the other hand defend some pretty-faced model who clearly came to the NASL finals in order to promote herself and make a quick buck, knowing absolutely nothing about SC2 (or gaming) in general.


Umm, you do realize most of TB's income actually comes from YouTube videos? Just saying... That's kinda half his job... Nothing to do with passion in some cases, like TB doesn't even play WoW anymore but he knows that brings in the most profit cos more people view it, so he still does WoW coverage at times like Cata beta


He played WoW up to, during, and after the Cataclysm beta. He only recently quit (recently as in a few months ago).


He stated on IRC that he didn't even play anymore, but he still does beta coverage during the beta... Also that he had no interest in the game... Maybe he was exaggerating, but "playing" the beta, he obviously needed footage and maybe he played a little after too to see what it was like on release but I don't think it was actually playing.

Also Edit: I'm not saying I dislike TB, I like him a lot and talked to him occasionally over the years, and I think he has an awesome voice/accent. But just saying, it's his job, and he makes money off it. Everyone would if they had the talent and skill to, it's not like he's some crazy martyr out there to save the world of gaming


Uh, Alissy, Cataclysm beta has been over for a while. When he stopped playing WoW, his WoW coverage stopped almost entirely. He filmed all the footage from the beta himself because he was genuinely excited about it.
AlissyXOXO
Profile Joined June 2010
United States49 Posts
July 15 2011 04:51 GMT
#74
On July 15 2011 13:50 Callagan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 13:46 AlissyXOXO wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:42 Pooploop wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:37 AlissyXOXO wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:34 LilClinkin wrote:
On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.


You're behaving like a hypocrite. Countless people moved from SC to SC2 because they believed they had a higher chance of making money, in both player roles and associated roles such as casters. Money wasn't the main incentive though, most of them had an extreme passion for the game and/or gaming in general.

TB is fantastic; his passion for gaming is extremely diverse and because he's passionate about what he does, he's managed to turn it into a profitable venture. If you spent 10 minutes browsing his youtube channel, you'd see he puts back copious amounts into the gaming community at large, making countless videos promoting unheard indie games and broadening their appeal to his audience. If he was purely driven to make money, he would never have wasted his time with these things.

Myself, as a gamer with a wide range of interests of which starcraft is one in particular, can objectively look at TB and say he's done more for gaming at large than you have. It's disgusting to make hypocritical attacks on a well-intentioned member of the gaming community such as TB while on the other hand defend some pretty-faced model who clearly came to the NASL finals in order to promote herself and make a quick buck, knowing absolutely nothing about SC2 (or gaming) in general.


Umm, you do realize most of TB's income actually comes from YouTube videos? Just saying... That's kinda half his job... Nothing to do with passion in some cases, like TB doesn't even play WoW anymore but he knows that brings in the most profit cos more people view it, so he still does WoW coverage at times like Cata beta


He played WoW up to, during, and after the Cataclysm beta. He only recently quit (recently as in a few months ago).


He stated on IRC that he didn't even play anymore, but he still does beta coverage during the beta... Also that he had no interest in the game... Maybe he was exaggerating, but "playing" the beta, he obviously needed footage and maybe he played a little after too to see what it was like on release but I don't think it was actually playing.

Also Edit: I'm not saying I dislike TB, I like him a lot and talked to him occasionally over the years, and I think he has an awesome voice/accent. But just saying, it's his job, and he makes money off it. Everyone would if they had the talent and skill to, it's not like he's some crazy martyr out there to save the world of gaming


Uh, Alissy, Cataclysm beta has been over for a while. When he stopped playing WoW, his WoW coverage stopped almost entirely. He filmed all the footage from the beta himself because he was genuinely excited about it.


If he doesn't sound genuinely excited about it, then who'd watch it..? That's kinda his talent. Also you're not basing your argument off anything, just saying this is that or w/e and I stated my source as TB. Idk where you're getting this
Alissy from IRC ^_^
nozh
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada93 Posts
July 15 2011 04:53 GMT
#75
i wish incontrol would give up his posting duties along with NASL and SotG to practice more.
bennyaus
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1833 Posts
July 15 2011 04:54 GMT
#76
On July 15 2011 13:53 nozh wrote:
i wish incontrol would give up his posting duties along with NASL and SotG to practice more.


That would maybe demonstrate this "passion" that I've heard so much about.
I play Random - HuK, DRG + Liquid fan
statik
Profile Joined January 2011
116 Posts
July 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#77
i find it funny that the person who calls himself a face of sc2 can justify himself bashing other people who work in the same community. i see no wrong in tb working on sc2 even if he was in it for the money because i can't forsee any negative outcomes to more sc2 exposure. personally i believe incontrol has a habit of having beef with other community figures, taking cheap shots, then downplaying it.
maddecent
EtohEtoh
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada669 Posts
July 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#78
On July 15 2011 13:42 ProtossPenny wrote:
I'd like to just start off by saying that I love Incontrol and to be frank really dislike Tb's commentary and lack of professionalism at times (Which Incontrol is guilty of at times aswell I think) therefore I probably bias but I still think my point holds true. That being said I do not think it was wise of Incontrol to just drop that in the interview. Maybe Incontrol knows something we don't or has approached Tb from a different angle than the average viewer.

Though ultimately my point is that I feel like Tb hasn't put in the time and effort to actually to learn sc2 in depth at all. If you listen to him commentate, it just isn't intelligent and I feel like that he just gets by with his accent instead of putting the time and effort into learning the game and at least trying to be an intelligent and entertaining caster instead of just capitalizing on his diction, pronunciation and his flow. I just feel like casters have an obligation to know what they are talking about. And totalbiscuit just isn't putting forth that effort and maybe incontrol shares my sentiment.

But hell this is all speculation and i probably know only a quarter of the facts, but i do understand Incontrol's statement and where he is coming from.


nobody is saying he's a top quality caster,
it's just that Incontrol actually compared him unfavourably to lindsey sporrer, the NASL interviewer girl, making a bunch of incorrect assumptions about TB's and Sporrer's intentions for being a part of the sc2.

and what is this about TB switching to SC2 and making money? like other people said, TB makes less money off of SC2 then WoW.

TB plays a bunch of video games, and yes, he's one of the lucky few who gets to do this for a living, but he's not in it for the money anymore than incontrol is in it for the money.




Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 05:00:11
July 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#79
On July 15 2011 13:53 nozh wrote:
i wish incontrol would give up his posting duties along with NASL and SotG to practice more.


He isn't on SOTG anymore and has withdrawn as a full time caster from NASL.

Edit: I thought you were saying that he hasn't given up NASL and SotG. Sorry.

On July 15 2011 13:54 bennyaus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 13:53 nozh wrote:
i wish incontrol would give up his posting duties along with NASL and SotG to practice more.


That would maybe demonstrate this "passion" that I've heard so much about.


You have to be kidding me? He has been a part of the community for years, had enough passion to wake up, travel all over the US and promote a new league, take time from his own goals to win a championship to cast and do SOTG. Tell me how that isn't passion?
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
nozh
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada93 Posts
July 15 2011 04:55 GMT
#80
*does commercial for some sponsor* "guys. i know i haven't run any tournaments or put any of my own money into this, but TB doesn't deserve your respect because he came from wow." - incontrol, just now.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 61
Nina 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12230
Rain 2158
Artosis 552
White-Ra 188
Dewaltoss 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever698
NeuroSwarm155
League of Legends
Doublelift4261
Counter-Strike
taco 321
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1685
ArmadaUGS524
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1199
WinterStarcraft444
Other Games
summit1g8617
Day[9].tv694
shahzam650
JimRising 588
Maynarde158
ViBE151
C9.Mang0104
PiGStarcraft91
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick923
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream136
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1152
• Day9tv694
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 35m
OSC
11h 35m
Stellar Fest
11h 35m
OSC
22h 35m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.