• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:11
CEST 14:11
KST 21:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8489 users

An NASL Retrospective With EG.iNcontroL - Page 36

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 Next All
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
July 16 2011 23:08 GMT
#701
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 23:19:17
July 16 2011 23:19 GMT
#702
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"


I like this guy and the way he thinks.

I honestly think we should just end the discussion here with this post and all move on with our lives.
Xiphiass
Profile Joined July 2010
Latvia144 Posts
July 16 2011 23:19 GMT
#703
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"

The point here being that opinions are not protected by anything. You have as much right to say your opinion as I have to say my opinion that your opinion sucks. I could say I'm a neo-fascist and I absolutely despise babies, but should I? If you voice your opinion in a public interview that a lot of people might read, you obviously want them to see that. Otherwise, why would you even say that?

This isn't a case of us inventing a brain-reading machine and breaking into someones mind Inception-style to find out what they really think about someone else, this is them publicly stating something for one reason or another. Then insulting everyone who disagrees with him.

An apology isn't something you do to keep your job, it's something you do when you feel you were wrong.
Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
July 16 2011 23:35 GMT
#704
On July 17 2011 08:19 Xiphiass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"

The point here being that opinions are not protected by anything. You have as much right to say your opinion as I have to say my opinion that your opinion sucks. I could say I'm a neo-fascist and I absolutely despise babies, but should I? If you voice your opinion in a public interview that a lot of people might read, you obviously want them to see that. Otherwise, why would you even say that?

This isn't a case of us inventing a brain-reading machine and breaking into someones mind Inception-style to find out what they really think about someone else, this is them publicly stating something for one reason or another. Then insulting everyone who disagrees with him.

An apology isn't something you do to keep your job, it's something you do when you feel you were wrong.


I don't even get the point of your post. You basically agreed and re-iterated everything I said, but in a tone that would suggest you disagree with me. Perhaps my wordy first post was hard to understand, so these are my points:

- Everyone has a right to say what they, that includes both Incontrol AND the people who disagree with Incontrol
- Incontrol could have avoided the entire mess by simply apologizing. Note that I am not saying he has any responsibility to apologize
- Thus, the continued backlash from him not apologizing should be expected.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
July 16 2011 23:43 GMT
#705
On July 17 2011 08:19 Xiphiass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"

The point here being that opinions are not protected by anything. You have as much right to say your opinion as I have to say my opinion that your opinion sucks. I could say I'm a neo-fascist and I absolutely despise babies, but should I? If you voice your opinion in a public interview that a lot of people might read, you obviously want them to see that. Otherwise, why would you even say that?

This isn't a case of us inventing a brain-reading machine and breaking into someones mind Inception-style to find out what they really think about someone else, this is them publicly stating something for one reason or another. Then insulting everyone who disagrees with him.

An apology isn't something you do to keep your job, it's something you do when you feel you were wrong.

Sorry but this makes no sense.
so i can just start insulting everyone and yell crap all i want and hide under "its just my opinion"?
I know its the internet but it simply doesn't work that way, even less when you got PROVEN WRONG.
Xiphiass
Profile Joined July 2010
Latvia144 Posts
July 16 2011 23:48 GMT
#706
On July 17 2011 08:35 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 08:19 Xiphiass wrote:
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"

The point here being that opinions are not protected by anything. You have as much right to say your opinion as I have to say my opinion that your opinion sucks. I could say I'm a neo-fascist and I absolutely despise babies, but should I? If you voice your opinion in a public interview that a lot of people might read, you obviously want them to see that. Otherwise, why would you even say that?

This isn't a case of us inventing a brain-reading machine and breaking into someones mind Inception-style to find out what they really think about someone else, this is them publicly stating something for one reason or another. Then insulting everyone who disagrees with him.

An apology isn't something you do to keep your job, it's something you do when you feel you were wrong.


I don't even get the point of your post. You basically agreed and re-iterated everything I said, but in a tone that would suggest you disagree with me. Perhaps my wordy first post was hard to understand, so these are my points:

- Everyone has a right to say what they, that includes both Incontrol AND the people who disagree with Incontrol
- Incontrol could have avoided the entire mess by simply apologizing. Note that I am not saying he has any responsibility to apologize
- Thus, the continued backlash from him not apologizing should be expected.

I agreed with you. I just happened to quote your post in the process, lol.

On July 17 2011 08:43 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 08:19 Xiphiass wrote:
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"

The point here being that opinions are not protected by anything. You have as much right to say your opinion as I have to say my opinion that your opinion sucks. I could say I'm a neo-fascist and I absolutely despise babies, but should I? If you voice your opinion in a public interview that a lot of people might read, you obviously want them to see that. Otherwise, why would you even say that?

This isn't a case of us inventing a brain-reading machine and breaking into someones mind Inception-style to find out what they really think about someone else, this is them publicly stating something for one reason or another. Then insulting everyone who disagrees with him.

An apology isn't something you do to keep your job, it's something you do when you feel you were wrong.

Sorry but this makes no sense.
so i can just start insulting everyone and yell crap all i want and hide under "its just my opinion"?
I know its the internet but it simply doesn't work that way, even less when you got PROVEN WRONG.

Sorry if we misunderstood each other, too. I was quoting the post, but I didn't disagree with it. What I meant to say was: everyone can express their opinions, but sometimes do you really need to? And if you do, be prepared that some people might disagree with it.
Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?
AzurewinD
Profile Joined November 2010
United States569 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 04:32:19
July 17 2011 04:19 GMT
#707
EDIT: I get it now, forget what I just said. Didn't realize Geoff was referring to SeltzerPlease in his last post. Not Lindsey. Pretty nice verbal landmine though considering this was made in response to someone talking about Lindsey.

On July 17 2011 00:58 iNcontroL wrote:

Call me biased that we hired a professional interview coach and a girl who has been involved/around SC/SC2 since before 99% of you ever came to this community. She is only going to get more involved btw so keep the "inc hired her" shit away. She is doing this on her own merit.



Right? Thats the only girl besides Anna that could possibly fit that description. Certainly not Lindsey.
"...I want more people to be in that state more often, to see things not through the limited and rigid mind or the fearful ego, but through a heart that loves to express and create" - Xiaonan "Glider" Sun
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
July 17 2011 04:29 GMT
#708
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"


My thoughts exactly, excellent post.

Let's end this here, hope iNcontroL learns from this
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
July 17 2011 04:44 GMT
#709
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"



This.

/Thread
Snitches get stiches
Contagious
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1319 Posts
July 17 2011 04:52 GMT
#710
On July 15 2011 16:36 WCX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 16:16 nozh wrote:
guys guys guys hold on let me explain; incontrol does all this jetsetting around the world for sponsors and commercials and coaching For The Love Of The Game. he would do it for free if he had to. people like totalbiscuit... man... how shallow. creating content for and interest in the industry for profit... that is so totally "less awesome" than what he and other e-sports lovers like lindsey sporrer do.

please tell me more about how much you do for the community out of the kindness of your heart and not for money at all.


he's such a kind man, does everything out of the goodness of his heart.

just look at where the guy was a little over a year ago. fast forward to 5:50 where he talks about his job at the time.

+ Show Spoiler +

he was just some schmuck working at a Gamestop at the local mall






and look at where where he is now, flying all over the world doing commercials for sponsors and shit! and purely out of the kindness of his heart!!! totally not for monetary reasons, no sir!


This has to be one of the most stupid posts I have ever seen. Incontrol has been in StarCraft since the beginning.. why are you trying to blame the guy for working at GameStop while he is in school, just so he can earn a little more cash? Sure money helped influence him to move to SC2, because that's where the market went, but if the guy has played the game for 10+ years, I'm thinking he is doing it mostly for the love.
EndOfTime88
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria259 Posts
July 17 2011 05:02 GMT
#711
Can Incontrol speak without inserting his foot into his mouth ever?
He seems like an okay guy, but he continues to make questionable remarks, and then proceeds to argue with people in threads.

I hope he sticks to being a progamer now, he's not too cut out for public relations, because in my opinion he tries too hard, comes off less than genuine, and ends up ruffling too many feathers.

I miss Incontrol pre-NASL : /....
"Time is what we want most,but what we use worst."-William Penn
uzas
Profile Joined October 2010
Croatia52 Posts
July 17 2011 11:39 GMT
#712
On July 17 2011 07:44 Rokk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 07:13 uzas wrote:
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


I understand that you don't understand what I just said. Please reread my post. If he doesn't apologize then he has an issue with TB and thats ok with me. But it isn't ok to esports, its killing it!!! ^^

You might be kidding, but I've seen this come up a few times in this thread alone. People need to stop hiding behind the slogan of "x is hurting esports!" when they have a problem with something. It's a useless phrase that carries pretty much no meaning. If you have a problem with something, talk about the issues at hand.


Well I guess you have been trolled. I am just joking about killing esports. It was supposed to be funny because tasteless jokes with it all the time. I really don't know what are you doing in this thread if you don't know that it is killing esports!! muahahah
uzas
Profile Joined October 2010
Croatia52 Posts
July 17 2011 11:41 GMT
#713
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"


Really nicely put there.
Anyday
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4 Posts
July 17 2011 13:52 GMT
#714
Really good interview. I find it amusing that people are trying to tie factual arguments for or against him when it's an opinion; I think people on here just like to argue for the sake of arguing. In the end incontrol has his opinions -- and I think we should respect them. I think shunning someone for their opinion is only going to force players to act more political and I really don't want to see it go in that direction.

Keep rock'in iNc.
Sc1pio
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States823 Posts
July 17 2011 14:42 GMT
#715
On July 17 2011 22:52 Anyday wrote:
Really good interview. I find it amusing that people are trying to tie factual arguments for or against him when it's an opinion; I think people on here just like to argue for the sake of arguing. In the end incontrol has his opinions -- and I think we should respect them. I think shunning someone for their opinion is only going to force players to act more political and I really don't want to see it go in that direction.

Keep rock'in iNc.


People aren't bashing him for his opinion (that he respects people less for entering the scene for money as opposed to just being hired), he's getting criticism for him saying totalbiscuit came into the starcraft scene for money, which is verifiably false.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's there are few. " -Shunro Suzuki | fortuna fortes adiuvat
teehighsixseven
Profile Joined July 2011
1 Post
July 17 2011 14:53 GMT
#716
Incontrol is a mediocre player and a terrible caster. His opinion is worthless.

(and bashing totalbiscuit for trying to "make money",..... when unlike incontrol he is really passionate about the game)

User was banned for this post.
Cocomiel
Profile Joined June 2011
14 Posts
July 17 2011 15:50 GMT
#717
Like DJWheat said, the whole Sporrer debacle could have been avoided by just giving her some pointer cards. I mean if you are gonna hire someone with no sc experience you need to tell her exactly what to ask.
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
July 18 2011 01:12 GMT
#718
On July 17 2011 20:41 uzas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 08:08 Ocedic wrote:
On July 17 2011 06:43 Hardigan wrote:
On July 17 2011 05:46 uzas wrote:
I am really sad to hear this, bashing fellow casters for no good reason. It really doesn't matter who the caster is, just as long there is stuff to cast and the community grows. The name droping in an interview is really unprofessional for a NASL representative. If he doesn't make a public apology to TB then he really has an issue with him and thats just plain stupid. From what I read there really is an issue. Money is what is needed in this life, and with esport growth theres gonna be much more money. You got to fight for it, not cry like a fucking baby.
You are all killing e sports!!!!!!!!!!! xD

a puplic apology... where are we ? politics? Incontrol doesnt have to do anything. He doesn't work with NASL anymore, so it's just between him and TB. Then again he already said, that it was a mistake to write this part down. He doesn't owe anyone anything and really deservers some major applause for what he has done for the community.

People always focus on the "bad" part and totaly overlooking everything else. Like in this thread: sooooooo many pages about a little topic in this big interview.


Public apologies are only for politics? Fact of the matter is he doesn't have to do anything, but likewise we as fans and viewers can have our own opinions as well, and the general tone of this thread shows clearly that it's negative. So no, he doesn't HAVE to publicly apologize, it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a wise or decent thing to do.

Thing is, he is right that this entire thing was blown way out of proportion, but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry." Instead he got defensive, tried to play semantics and justify what he said, and basically turned it into a debate/argument (then later becomes exasperated at the fact that people are debating/arguing with him.)

Case in point, if you're going to publicly share your opinions, then be prepared when people (in this case quite a few people) disagree with them. It's really as simple as that. I don't know why Incontrol and his defenders are scratching their heads wondering "Why can't I share my opinion with zero backlash and complete acceptance and obedience from the community?!"


Really nicely put there.


I disagree.

On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.


This is hardly defensive or trying to start a debate or argument.

but it could have ended with his first reply by simply saying "I didn't mean it like that, sorry."


That is exactly what that post is, and it could and should have ended there. But now skip forward to the latest pages and there are people saying 'I think he should publicly apologise!', for some mental reason.
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
July 18 2011 01:34 GMT
#719
On July 15 2011 13:34 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 12:41 Burpies wrote:
On July 15 2011 11:59 Kouda wrote:
I honestly take more offense at people coming from other sports just to make money in Starcraft II--someone like TotalBiscuit.


I don't get this, I dont watch TotalBiscuit, but I do remember that he hosted a tourny in which the ad revenue went back into the prize pool for the next tourney. Granted, he's popular with the WoW folks and has a YouTube following, but is there like any evidence to back this? or could someone elaborate for me?

Yeah, I don't understand this comment either. TotalBiscuit has given way more to the StarCraft II community than he has taken from it. He has sponsored showmatches and tournaments out of his own pocket in the past and he plans on continuing this by using the money he is generating from his stream.to sponsor even more events.

Also, the comment after that about Lindsey doing the NASL event because she's "doing what she enjoys" and not because "she's looking to get rich" is equally as strange. It's pretty clear she did the event because she thought she could make a quick buck out of it. Isn't this exactly the type of thing that iNcontroL takes offense to? People coming from a non StarCraft related background and making money out of StarCraft II?

Such weird comments man...


Except Lindsey was hired by the NASL, so not sure how that fits with iNcontrol's offense?


Except Lindsey is a good looking woman.

And yes, that excuses alot in my eyes.
TheSubtleArt
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2527 Posts
July 18 2011 04:12 GMT
#720
Will the Sc2 community ever mature to a point where shitstorms aren't created over hilariously trivial things over and over? lol this is actually worse than the Destiny leaves Complexity thread O_O
Dodge arrows
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV398
Rex85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko343
ProTech128
Rex 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37246
Hyuk 1257
Jaedong 1139
Soma 509
actioN 499
Horang2 383
BeSt 325
Soulkey 320
EffOrt 319
Mini 304
[ Show more ]
Light 240
Zeus 236
Larva 224
910 201
Stork 200
Last 198
Snow 140
ggaemo 115
Rush 113
Pusan 90
ZerO 69
Mind 50
Creator 46
Mong 42
Killer 37
Free 37
Yoon 37
hero 33
Shinee 32
Sharp 29
Bale 25
HiyA 19
Shine 16
sorry 15
Noble 14
yabsab 12
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 2
Icarus 0
Dota 2
Gorgc7418
Dendi623
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1235
markeloff80
kRYSTAL_26
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1050
Other Games
gofns36546
singsing1689
B2W.Neo418
XBOCT348
Pyrionflax274
DeMusliM213
byalli162
Mew2King91
hiko85
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 804
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH345
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1523
Other Games
• WagamamaTV182
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
49m
The PondCast
21h 49m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.