• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:37
CEST 23:37
KST 06:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10024 users

An NASL Retrospective With EG.iNcontroL - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 35 36 37 Next All
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 15 2011 03:48 GMT
#21
Not to take away anything from the rest of the interview but I really don't see why incontrol is bashing totalbiscuit. Does he know something we don't? Has he gleaned into the heart of John Bain and discovered only black selfish greed there? I know TB's a love or hate figure within the community but from what I've seen so far, he does care about the game & scene and does his share of contributions. Is incontrol just frustrated that an outsider like TB came in and found success in SC? Maybe some BW elitist part of him resents successful newcomers? Or maybe he has a personal beef with him? I guess only incontrol knows.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Argolis
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada211 Posts
July 15 2011 03:49 GMT
#22
Seems pretty standard from Geoff. Next he's probably going to accuse us of being trolls and trying to cause drama. His PR spins are good but his personality leaks through once in a while and it leaves these giant holes in the PR image he's trying to project... and frankly it's hurting E-sports.
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
July 15 2011 03:50 GMT
#23
On July 15 2011 12:46 BearChocolate wrote:
The format of the EG site is really poor in my opinion the coloring is weird and the text is small. It's difficult to actually navigate and to read the interview.

That's why I use http://www.readability.com/
It reformat the site and makes the font bigger and use high contrast.
Make the EG site look like this, http://www.readability.com/articles/fehann6n
fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
July 15 2011 03:52 GMT
#24
Pretty dumb of Incontrol to bring up TotalBiscuit like he did. Draws attention away from everything else he said well and makes the conversation instead revolve around some stupid drama instead.
not a hero
Akta
Profile Joined February 2011
447 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 06:41:15
July 15 2011 03:55 GMT
#25
Doesn't seem very genius to bring someone that made herself look stupid and unprofessional and when the idea didn't end up appearing to work, whatever the idea was.
And I don't think people are more negative about it because she is a female, I'm quite sure it's the other way around. It would have been a lot worse if it was a guy or even if she was less attractive looking. I might have gotten the wrong impression or whatever but when I watched Josh's interview with her, well I don't know what to say, embarrassing even as a viewer?

Anyway, thanks for a good interview. The more I read about(and watched) NASL the more it makes me think the owner? tries to fill roles for jobs that are normally done by skilled people with many years of experience. Hope he is an unusually fast learner or gets a hold of some experienced producers.
Ironically I have extremely low expectations on the next season, I don't expect anything to feel "professional" other than the players and casters.
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
July 15 2011 03:56 GMT
#26
"ctrl +=" sign will fix text size to read it, push it as many times as needed.
MC for president
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
July 15 2011 03:57 GMT
#27
I honestly take more offense at people coming from other sports just to make money in Starcraft II--someone like TotalBiscuit.


WTF Incontrol?

Lost my respect for him now.
#1 Terran hater
storm44
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1293 Posts
July 15 2011 03:59 GMT
#28
Don't understand the TB hate either seems like a really dick move. I always thought the hating of TB was fake from SOTG but guess not
fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
July 15 2011 04:03 GMT
#29
You can't fake being this clinically terrible at PR while acting like your the one being wronged.
not a hero
Hrrrrm
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2081 Posts
July 15 2011 04:03 GMT
#30
You really gotta wonder how much TB is on Geoff's mind for him to be brought out of no where and insulted. Defending Lindsey who never heard of SC before she got hired to interview nerds at an event by throwing TB under the bus. Stay Classy...
alot = a lot (TWO WORDS)
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 04:06:54
July 15 2011 04:05 GMT
#31
Spending too much time with IdrA, maybe?
Some things you just have to think about before you say. I appreciate honesty but I also appreciate respect. Personally I try to look at everyone in this scene as a good guy first, and change my opinion as evidence arises (Kelly, TB, Lindsey, whoever). I don't know why so many people are cynical/paranoid about everything.

actually I'm kind of surprised EG didn't just edit it out, it's kind of bad PR
Hollis
Profile Joined January 2011
United States505 Posts
July 15 2011 04:06 GMT
#32
I knew from the very first time I heard him speak Inctrl is a very smart guy, and ever since then I've gained nothing for him but more and more respect. I'm sure NASL season two will be infinitely better than season one - even if it's not they'll be getting my routine viewership.
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 04:08:41
July 15 2011 04:06 GMT
#33
Who cares, he has a bad opinion of TB, sometimes bad blood just sticks between two people or two groups (IdrA and Inc vs TB or EG vs Complexity). Just ignore one line of text and get over it. The rest of the interview is quite good. NASL turned around the last two days well and it was one hell of a final.

On July 15 2011 13:03 Hrrrrm wrote:
You really gotta wonder how much TB is on Geoff's mind for him to be brought out of no where and insulted. Defending Lindsey who never heard of SC before she got hired to interview nerds at an event by throwing TB under the bus. Stay Classy...


I believe that Lindsey is Anna's friend though, so it isn't much of a surprise that he is defending her. I think he made a good point about Lindsey, but probably should of just kept the TB line to himself. Either way, just take it as bad blood and move on.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
July 15 2011 04:07 GMT
#34
Gahhh. I just keep coming back to this thread because it disappoints me so much.

I can already see Geoff's reaction, "Haters gonna hate... TeamLiquid forums are full of trolls now... etc".

I've been around for a while and I have never hated Geoff. I certainly came to this thread thinking, "Cool. Let's see what interesting things Geoff has to say about NASL, he's a smart dude".

Instead I'm wishing I hadn't read it because it vindicates the other side of me that hears Incontrol mentioned and thinks, "Uhoh. It's this guy sticking his foot in his mouth again and scowling at us for telling him to take it out."
not a hero
alexhard
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden317 Posts
July 15 2011 04:07 GMT
#35
How many $1.5k tournaments has incontrol personally funded and casted? Yet he charges insane fees for his coaching. Maybe not the best person to criticize TB for getting into sc2 "for the riches"...
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
July 15 2011 04:10 GMT
#36
So how much money has lindsey taken out of her pocket for showmatches, etc?

Because I know TB has.

The TB hate is so stupid. He obv enjoys SC2 and attempts to make it better and esports as a whole.





And this

On July 15 2011 12:46 BearChocolate wrote:
The format of the EG site is really poor in my opinion the coloring is weird and the text is small. It's difficult to actually navigate and to read the interview.


Otherwise good interview.
Snitches get stiches
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
July 15 2011 04:10 GMT
#37
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
July 15 2011 04:11 GMT
#38
Well that argument can be made, but there’s also the argument that the role being filled there is someone who’s attractive in front of the camera, isn’t necessarily an expert on Starcraft, and she’s there to offer a different perspective as someone who doesn’t come from a Starcraft background.


She's get's a paycheck to look good in front of a camera.

I honestly take more offense at people coming from other sports just to make money in Starcraft II--someone like TotalBiscuit. I take less offense to someone like Lindsey, an actress and a model, getting hired for a gig and she says yes not because she’s looking to get rich but because it’s a good job doing what she enjoys and she’s dedicated to doing it well.


TB get's paid to entertain, he also pumps money into Starcraft more than most and brings a shit ton of new players into the game, including adults who would have never considered it.

TIL EG is the Fox News of Starcraft 2.
Wren
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States745 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 04:18:26
July 15 2011 04:15 GMT
#39
iNcontroL, I really like you and your influence on the starcraft scene. I appreciate your straightforward honesty and enthusiasm, very refreshing. However, I really think you're off base on this.

On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning.


Because she was so passionate about starcraft BEFORE her agent signed her up for a gig?

The fact is that Lindsey is completely, 100% brand new to the starcraft, even esports, community and only started to get a paycheck.
We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more bears!
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
July 15 2011 04:17 GMT
#40
On July 15 2011 13:10 iNcontroL wrote:
tb didn't move to sc2 because he has always had a passion for sc guys.. he did it to make money. Giving money back to the community is awesome.. but it isn't 100% selfless so please don't act like it is.

I was asked if I take offense to Lindsey being hired by an SC2 league.. I pointed out that I don't and I take MORE offense to people moving to the SC community purely to make money. If they do great things while doing that wonderful.. we all benefit. But I prefer those that were here from the beginning. I don't hate TB or anything like that at all.. I just find it less awesome is all.

So what? Why do any of us go to school rather than play SC all day and work at lowes. Money.
MC for president
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 35 36 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 464
ViBE93
Nina 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17735
Soulkey 202
White-Ra 195
Mini 164
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever215
League of Legends
Doublelift3271
Counter-Strike
fl0m1389
C9.Mang0176
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4958
Khaldor1833
Liquid`Hasu1271
Trikslyr43
Other Games
summit1g5527
ArmadaUGS3112
shahzam500
Pyrionflax159
ZombieGrub86
Mew2King64
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• davetesta21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• HerbMon 7
• Azhi_Dahaki0
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1103
• imaqtpie1062
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 23m
OSC
15h 23m
Stellar Fest
15h 23m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.