• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:40
CEST 12:40
KST 19:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7986 users

Day[9] Daily #100 "My Life of Starcraft" Subtitled - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
SunsetSC2
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia148 Posts
February 08 2011 08:35 GMT
#41
Thanks guys! Due to Perth's bushfires, I was at work yesterday for about 12 hours all up, until around 2:30am, so I didn't get a chance to begin my SC2 profile.

Rampager's explanation of what I'm looking for is exactly correct :D I've already had a lot of very helpful people PM me with some lists, which I will collate. I'll begin working on my profile on the weekend.

And again, once the Day9 Daily #100 is complete, I'm quite happy to transcribe any particular dailies. Perhaps the meme-generating ones would be the best ones to work on first (UNIDEN FIGHTIIIING), so that any deaf players can get back into the loop, where they most definitely deserve to be

The more I do, the quicker it will become to transcribe

Thanks again, blown away by the support <3
*pew* *laser shield* || @Sunset_SC2
TL+ Member
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
February 08 2011 09:15 GMT
#42
How much more of the list do you need? i have everything up until 20 minute in, don't want to spend time doing what is already done.
gg wp
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
February 08 2011 09:29 GMT
#43
Once a transcript has been done, I'll gladly do the French version
The legend of Darien lives on
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 09:53:39
February 08 2011 09:47 GMT
#44
Maybe the OP needs to be updated with what ulfsark is doing, so people don't decide to start translating it by themselves only to find out it will be done automatically within a couple of weeks.
Ulfsark
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States958 Posts
February 08 2011 09:51 GMT
#45
On February 08 2011 18:47 Wesso wrote:
Maybe the OP needs to be updated with what ulfsark is doing, so people don't decide to start translating it by themselves only to find out it will be done automatically within the following couple of weeks.


Actually Sunrise has a program that can do it, i forgot to edit my post, so I not typing it out anymore. Though it should be updated with what Sunrise is doing.
gg wp
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
February 08 2011 09:54 GMT
#46
On February 08 2011 18:51 Ulfsark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 18:47 Wesso wrote:
Maybe the OP needs to be updated with what ulfsark is doing, so people don't decide to start translating it by themselves only to find out it will be done automatically within the following couple of weeks.


Actually Sunrise has a program that can do it, i forgot to edit my post, so I not typing it out anymore. Though it should be updated with what Sunrise is doing.


Oops, I meant Sunrise, got distracted I think
Eartz
Profile Joined September 2010
France54 Posts
February 08 2011 10:37 GMT
#47
Hi,

if you need any help about the french translation, please pm me or send me an email at eartznoob[at]gmail[dot]com .

I don't speak a perfect english at all as you can see, but I understand it quite well and I'm proud of my "almost perfect" french.

@OP : great work, I want eSport to be known everywhere in the world. Though I can't make it as a player (lack of skill), I'd like to help in other ways, such as French Day9 translations.

BTW : French casters are ridiculous so a high level cast available for people who don't understand English would be greately appreciated
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
February 08 2011 10:54 GMT
#48
next up: Day9 Daily 100 "My Life Of Starcraft" DVRRIP translated in 50 languages, 6343 seeders on piratebay

get an english transcript up and i'll probably do one in romanian and post it on ro fansites
'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 08 2011 12:52 GMT
#49
So maybe i should edit the OP and write down every language that is being worked on and the current status....
My Life for Aiur
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 13:56:30
February 08 2011 13:56 GMT
#50
OP updated with all the languages, current status, users involved, pieces of text,etc. If something is wrong or you want to update something send me a PM or post in this thread.
My Life for Aiur
Deyster
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Jordan579 Posts
February 08 2011 14:19 GMT
#51
This is a great initiative. If I was fast at typing in Arabic I would have offered translating to Arabic from English transcript.

Keep up the good work!
Watch the minimap.
Niten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States598 Posts
February 08 2011 14:23 GMT
#52
I actually work self-employed as a freelance translator (Japanese->English), and I wouldn't mind volunteering to do a translation into Japanese for Sean & and the community. I haven't done video subtitling in a while, but to get started I'd just need a transcript of his speech (or not, I guess, but it'd be very helpful).
Korra: "Ok, I know that I'm not good at emotions, but that's what Tenzin's gonna teach me, right? He's gonna teach me to be happy and gentle and spiritual, and the rest of that bullsh**t."
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 14:50:30
February 08 2011 14:49 GMT
#53
On February 08 2011 23:19 Deyster wrote:
This is a great initiative. If I was fast at typing in Arabic I would have offered translating to Arabic from English transcript.

Keep up the good work!


You can do the Arabic translation if you want, maybe someone will offer to help you.

On February 08 2011 23:23 Truenappa wrote:
I actually work self-employed as a freelance translator (Japanese->English), and I wouldn't mind volunteering to do a translation into Japanese for Sean & and the community. I haven't done video subtitling in a while, but to get started I'd just need a transcript of his speech (or not, I guess, but it'd be very helpful).


Great! I'll add you in the OP, thanks

PS. you need the english transcript or you can do it without it?
My Life for Aiur
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 08 2011 17:46 GMT
#54
After someone provide the Enlish transcription, if I translate it to Portuguese, how's it going to be timed into the SRT? Because I don't know if would be able to do the timings.

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Breaker 1st Class
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia47 Posts
February 08 2011 17:48 GMT
#55
Any chance to get this in Chinese? I mean, the playerbase in China is massive and with the added influence of Day9 over there, I think SC2 is just going to explode and grow even more
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
February 08 2011 17:51 GMT
#56
On February 09 2011 02:46 Tschis wrote:
After someone provide the Enlish transcription, if I translate it to Portuguese, how's it going to be timed into the SRT? Because I don't know if would be able to do the timings.

//tx


the english transcription will probably be timed already, so you can use those timings
apalemorning
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada509 Posts
February 08 2011 17:55 GMT
#57
hey, can i translate it into pig latin? just kidding, nice to see someone doing this! its quite helpful because as you said, that daily really can make people understand why we love competitive gaming so much, and how important it is.
immortal/roach is pretty good against stalkers
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 08 2011 18:20 GMT
#58
On February 09 2011 02:51 Wesso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 02:46 Tschis wrote:
After someone provide the Enlish transcription, if I translate it to Portuguese, how's it going to be timed into the SRT? Because I don't know if would be able to do the timings.

//tx


the english transcription will probably be timed already, so you can use those timings



Great, I thought the transcription would contain only the English speech.

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Ojahh
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Ireland728 Posts
February 08 2011 20:33 GMT
#59
On February 09 2011 03:20 Tschis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 02:51 Wesso wrote:
On February 09 2011 02:46 Tschis wrote:
After someone provide the Enlish transcription, if I translate it to Portuguese, how's it going to be timed into the SRT? Because I don't know if would be able to do the timings.

//tx


the english transcription will probably be timed already, so you can use those timings



Great, I thought the transcription would contain only the English speech.

//tx


I don't know how the youtube STR is constructed, but if it is any similar to how Video games load subtitles and or text fields in the engine, you can just take that file, leave the commands untouched and replace the English terminology.The only problem might be with the "long ass drawn out" German and Spanish way of speech, to check for overlaps and time differentials, but I am reading up on the subject right now, so I should be able to make adjustments to the final File if it becomes a mess when watching it.
===== Barcraft Münster ===== www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=282905! ////// ♥ Nyovne is the new Manifesto
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 21:01:14
February 08 2011 20:57 GMT
#60
subtitle workshop is the (there are some others ofcourse) tool to use for straight on-video translating and outputing a subtitle (have done it a few times for movies), but that can be too time consuming; it is, however, the only proper way i know of working a reliable transcript from a video/audio file (auto-anything-software, when it comes to words, sucks in my experience). hence why i for one am waiting on a timed transcript of the show prior to translation.

sunrise, could you please pm us when it's done so we can get it, review, then translate. and i guess we can work out centralising the work and getting it to sean afterwards

good luck!

'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs AzuraLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings93
SHIN 44
CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 245
ByuN 214
mouzHeroMarine 63
SHIN 44
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38543
Calm 10071
Rain 2995
soO 841
BeSt 612
FanTaSy 572
Bisu 473
Stork 446
Soulkey 342
Soma 312
[ Show more ]
Rush 239
firebathero 233
Barracks 116
Last 107
Pusan 69
Mind 69
Light 54
Shinee 47
Sexy 47
ToSsGirL 43
Sharp 31
Killer 30
Snow 29
Terrorterran 25
hero 23
Sacsri 22
HiyA 22
Shine 17
yabsab 17
Trap 16
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
zelot 14
Noble 6
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6196
League of Legends
Reynor56
Counter-Strike
byalli539
x6flipin4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
gofns37469
singsing1724
Pyrionflax237
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 68
• Gemini_19 3
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV329
League of Legends
• Jankos3135
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 20m
OSC
12h 20m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.