• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7683 users

Day[9] Daily #100 "My Life of Starcraft" Subtitled - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Husnan
Profile Joined November 2010
France298 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 21:34:01
February 09 2011 21:32 GMT
#81
We started working on the translation this afternoon, but a few things are bothering me, becaue essentially, I'm quite lacking regarding Broodwar culture :p

1) Please help me make sure I spelled those players' names correctly :
(Day9 is talking about his first tournament ever, the WCG 2001 finals, and he mentions these players)

Maynard
Froz
Weer
Wizard
Bluewolf
Requiem
Dream

2) He also mentions the name of the guy who organized WCG 2003, I think he says Joe Moss, but I have no idea who it is or how to spell the name. (I'm guessing he is a radio show host, cuz Sean says "if you listen to Joe Moss, you're the man!")

3) He mentions the fact that Dream, the Zerg player, had a big reputation back then because he used to play on a server where Korean players played, called Game-i ? Does anyone know how to spell "game-i"?

Thanks in advance!

(All of this is between 29 minutes and 42 minutes)
You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 09 2011 23:43 GMT
#82
On February 10 2011 06:32 Husnan wrote:
We started working on the translation this afternoon, but a few things are bothering me, becaue essentially, I'm quite lacking regarding Broodwar culture :p

1) Please help me make sure I spelled those players' names correctly :
(Day9 is talking about his first tournament ever, the WCG 2001 finals, and he mentions these players)

Maynard
Froz
Weer
Wizard
Bluewolf
Requiem
Dream

2) He also mentions the name of the guy who organized WCG 2003, I think he says Joe Moss, but I have no idea who it is or how to spell the name. (I'm guessing he is a radio show host, cuz Sean says "if you listen to Joe Moss, you're the man!")


Checking this link I found only Maynard (GGO_Maynard_us), unless the others have another nicknames.

And at this link you can see Joe Moss being mentioned, so I guess it's the right spelling!

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Niten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States598 Posts
February 10 2011 01:41 GMT
#83
Yeah, transcript of the entire daily#100 would be incredibly helpful. I don't know how helpful timings would be for this kind of project because of the different languages involved. I would imagine that different languages require different amounts of space, which would make the incredible amount of work necessary to time the daily kind of useless, unfortunately.

Also, I don't know how helpful this will be, but I used a program called "Aegisub" when I was doing subtitles. I just needed something quick and dirty to do the job, though. I'm sure there are great programs out there that cost a fuckton of $$.
Korra: "Ok, I know that I'm not good at emotions, but that's what Tenzin's gonna teach me, right? He's gonna teach me to be happy and gentle and spiritual, and the rest of that bullsh**t."
SeF
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil34 Posts
February 10 2011 02:00 GMT
#84
On February 05 2011 23:45 Tschis wrote:
If you get a transcription of the text in English, I will translate it to Portuguese-Brazilian.
:}

//tx


If you need any extra help, just let me know ;D
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 02:05:00
February 10 2011 02:03 GMT
#85
On February 10 2011 06:32 Husnan wrote:
We started working on the translation this afternoon, but a few things are bothering me, becaue essentially, I'm quite lacking regarding Broodwar culture :p

1) Please help me make sure I spelled those players' names correctly :
(Day9 is talking about his first tournament ever, the WCG 2001 finals, and he mentions these players)

Maynard
Froz
Weer
Wizard
Bluewolf
Requiem
Dream

2) He also mentions the name of the guy who organized WCG 2003, I think he says Joe Moss, but I have no idea who it is or how to spell the name. (I'm guessing he is a radio show host, cuz Sean says "if you listen to Joe Moss, you're the man!")

3) He mentions the fact that Dream, the Zerg player, had a big reputation back then because he used to play on a server where Korean players played, called Game-i ? Does anyone know how to spell "game-i"?

Thanks in advance!

(All of this is between 29 minutes and 42 minutes)


from the ones i know they all look right except weer is whear
Also I've always seen Game-i written as gamei but I dunno whats correct.
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
hjkim1304
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)105 Posts
February 10 2011 02:17 GMT
#86
Not to be a troll or anything, but I would really like to have a Korean subtitles too because I'm trying to convince my family to love and support e-sports too but sadly, they don't know english very well Just a suggestion. Thank you so much for this and I support you wholeheartedly.
msilen
Profile Joined February 2011
1 Post
February 10 2011 04:16 GMT
#87
Hi, I want make translation to russian. I've started this at dotsub.com http://dotsub.com/view/6acab63c-f085-4585-935a-b11bff5c0f75 . I'm sure I made mistakes in transcription, so someone can fix its. At that site anyone can contribute to translate the video. I think overall work will go faster by translating daily piece by piece with several translators.
hmsrenown
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1263 Posts
February 10 2011 05:43 GMT
#88
On February 10 2011 06:32 Husnan wrote:
We started working on the translation this afternoon, but a few things are bothering me, becaue essentially, I'm quite lacking regarding Broodwar culture :p

1) Please help me make sure I spelled those players' names correctly :
(Day9 is talking about his first tournament ever, the WCG 2001 finals, and he mentions these players)

Maynard
Froz
Weer
Wizard
Bluewolf
Requiem
Dream

2) He also mentions the name of the guy who organized WCG 2003, I think he says Joe Moss, but I have no idea who it is or how to spell the name. (I'm guessing he is a radio show host, cuz Sean says "if you listen to Joe Moss, you're the man!")

3) He mentions the fact that Dream, the Zerg player, had a big reputation back then because he used to play on a server where Korean players played, called Game-i ? Does anyone know how to spell "game-i"?

Thanks in advance!

(All of this is between 29 minutes and 42 minutes)

It's Fr0z, if I rememebered correctly, aka HerO[pG]
All the other ones are correct to my knowledge
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 10 2011 12:01 GMT
#89
Here, some text done, the last 5 minutes translated to PT-BR.

+ Show Spoiler +
1:45:00 - Se você tem amigos, ou família, isso é absolutamente algo que você deveria fazer. Quero dizer, é por isso que nesses últimos... nesse último ano... Sabe, eu não tive a chance de jogar muito mas eu ainda tenho que resolver isso, e eu só quero fazer o máximo de comentários possível sobre as partidas e compartilhar tudo dos meus 12 anos de Starcraft, meus pensamentos e, sabe, apenas interagir com essa comunidade incrível!

Quero dizer, algumas das coisas que algumas pessoas perguntam, sabe é tipo: "Como você consegue se organizar na escola e no trabalho com todas essas coisas envolvendo Starcraft?" e a resposta é: simplesmente... eu amo tanto o Starcraft... e eu AMO amar tanto o Starcraft. Então eu vou pra escola, me divirto com meus amigos, mas eu não tenho nenhuma vergonha se chegar uma Sexta à noite e eu simplesmente quiser jogar Starcraft. Eu ia para LAN-parties sem parar durante o ensino médio. E agora estou na faculdade, sabe, eu não tenho tanto trabalho pra fazer à noite, e querem saber de uma coisa? Eu vou jogar Starcraft 2. Eu não preciso sair, eu não preciso seguir nenhum tipo de norma social estranha, tipo: "Oh, você está na faculdade e não vai para as festas?" Sabe? Daí eu respondo: "Bem, não nesse fim de semana. Eu quero jogar Starcraft!" E eu acho isso maravilhoso.

E querem saber de uma coisa? Eu vou ser o anfitrião de um evento no fim de semana e vou levar todo mundo pra lá. Vou ser anfitrião de um campeonato OSL na tela principal do auditório, que tem um projetor de 15 polegadas e todo mundo vai aparecer lá e entender por que isso é tão legal.

Então, tipo... eu... eu acho que... Eu acho que eu já passei por quase tudo que uma jogador de Starcraft pode passar. Eu aprendi... há tantas lições que eu aprendi que têm sido tão importantes para mim, por exemplo: perder. Uma derrota não é algo ruim. Perder não é algo para ser desprezado ou evitado, ou algo que você deva chegar para alguém que conhece e dizer: "Não, não, não! Está tudo bem. O árbitro russo não estava de bom humor." Essas derrotas, essas partidas que você não jogou bem... e que perdeu, isso não é você, não é um reflexo seu, aquela partida é completamente externa à você. E se você apenas prestar atenção, tudo que uma derrota é, é uma seta que te aponta para a direção errada.

No pior dos casos, se eu perder uma centena de partidas, eu terei uma centena de diferentes fontes de informação para poder revisar de maneira a me tornar um jogador melhor. Então agora eu tenho um medo tão pequeno de errar, porque quer saber de uma coisa? Se eu estraguei completamente um torneio nas finais de 2005 contra um jogador, porque me engasguei... não tem problema. Eu voltarei no próximo ano e aprenderei com o meu erro, e estarei preparado no futuro.

Tipo, isso me ajudou a perceber, sabe, se eu tiver... Se eu estragar uma tarefa, não é algo muito importante, se eu acabar perdendo um relacionamento, sabe, se acabou por não dar certo... Eu posso lidar com isso muito melhor hoje. Eu sei disso agora, porque você tem que tomar decisões tão rápido no Starcraft, que agora eu tenho muito pouco problema para tomar decisões. E eu percebo a importância de ser capaz de decidir agora e descobrir mais tarde se essa foi a melhor escolha. Muitas vezes eu acho que as pessoas gastam muito tempo pensando sobre vários problemas, elas dizem "Será que eu faço isso, ou será que eu faço aquilo?" e eles têm medo de tomar decisões. Starcraft o deixa orgulhoso por ser um tomador de decisões e faz você amar ser um tomador de decisões, todas essas situações pelas quais você pode passar... são muito mais fáceis se você já tem essa experiência.

E a última coisa que eu gostaria de dizer é que... sabe, você descobre a importância da comunidade. Ninguém no Starcraft se manteve sozinho, jogou sozinho e então chegou e era melhor que todos os outros. Os jogadores jogaram entre si, discutiram entre si, e formaram amizades muito fortes até no exterior. Alguns dos meus melhores amigos moram na Europa, graças ao Starcraft. Esse aspecto da comunidade é muito especial para mim.

Então eu vou terminar com essa pergunta que alguém fez: "O que você quer fazer com Starcraft 2? Você quer se tornar um jogador profissional? Você quer se tornar um comentarista?" Meu sonho de vida é que o E-sports cresça no ocidente. Eu quero que ele seja gigantesco. Então eu realmente adoraria ser o embaixador para o E-sports. Eu quero ser a pessoa que você pode mostrar pra sua mãe, e dizer: "Olhe pra esse cara! Esse cara não é um vagabundo! Ele não virou algo terrivelmente ruim, certo? Ele jogou esse jogo e isso o levou muito longe na vida. E escute como ele descreve esse jogo. Esse grande sentimento sobre o qual ele consegue falar, é isso que eu sinto!" Isso é, sabe, algo que eu penso que é tão importante, apenas conseguir espalhar para tantas pessoas quanto for possível e eu só quero que o amor e a paixão pelos E-sports nunca morra. E isso seria... Seria uma vida bem vivida se eu conseguisse fazer isso.

Então... já se foram quase duas horas! Obrigado a todo mundo que está assistindo ao vivo, e para quem tiver um drink, eu gostaria de fazer um brinde pelos 12 anos, para a minha amiga mais querida, a comunidade de Starcraft. Que esteve comigo nos altos e baixos, todo esse tempo, lembre-se sempre de acreditar em você mesmo e de sonhar alto. Saúde! -1:50:00
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
grimhammer
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden11 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 14:30:13
February 10 2011 14:29 GMT
#90
When the transcript is done I could take care of translating it to swedish.

edit: and yes, I stopped lurking and registered to sign up for this
I'm the science of a fireball, something to inspire y'all
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 10 2011 14:39 GMT
#91
On February 10 2011 23:29 grimhammer wrote:
When the transcript is done I could take care of translating it to swedish.

edit: and yes, I stopped lurking and registered to sign up for this


Thanks! i'll add swedish to the OP.
My Life for Aiur
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 10 2011 23:00 GMT
#92
Hope we can get sunrise's software working soon!

Translating is the easy part, revising the English version and adding the times should be harder

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
XMG GI cup
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany34 Posts
February 10 2011 23:10 GMT
#93
I love that daily and I would like to help translate it into German.

When the English transcript is done, please feel free to PM me and I'll help translate it.

This is a great idea and I am really excited to see how it turns out.
Nevy
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada169 Posts
February 10 2011 23:37 GMT
#94
How is the french transcript translation coming along? Need any help?
Husnan
Profile Joined November 2010
France298 Posts
February 11 2011 00:13 GMT
#95
On February 11 2011 08:37 Nevy wrote:
How is the french transcript translation coming along? Need any help?


We've covered I think around 45 minutes so far, so we still got a long way to go

If you wanna help, you should PM Eartz, he's the one coordinating the whole thing, we're using a shared googledoc to work and we split the video
You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
Nevy
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada169 Posts
February 11 2011 21:25 GMT
#96
Ever thought of dubbing it after the transcripts are done rather than subtitles?
Jombozeus
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
China1014 Posts
February 11 2011 21:40 GMT
#97
On February 12 2011 06:25 Nevy wrote:
Ever thought of dubbing it after the transcripts are done rather than subtitles?


Nononononononononononnononoononononoonononononnonononononononononononnononononononoonononnonononnnoonnnonnonono.

The whole point is to listen to him.
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 14 2011 10:26 GMT
#98
No updates?

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 15 2011 09:03 GMT
#99
On February 14 2011 19:26 Tschis wrote:
No updates?

//tx


Not that i'm aware of :S
My Life for Aiur
Krallin
Profile Joined July 2010
France431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 09:14:58
February 15 2011 09:13 GMT
#100
I can help with the English>French translation if needed, feel free to cast me a PM!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4397
Leta 1864
Shuttle 1496
ZergMaN 56
sorry 54
Shine 41
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
summit1g6523
WinterStarcraft678
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 22
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1340
• Lourlo1130
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 16m
Patches Events
8h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
OSC
16h 16m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.