• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:44
CEST 08:44
KST 15:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7686 users

Day[9] Daily #100 "My Life of Starcraft" Subtitled - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
hmsrenown
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1263 Posts
February 08 2011 21:28 GMT
#61
I'll be willing to translate this into Chinese once Sunrise finishes his work with subtitling. I'm not the best at translation however I'd give it a REAL good try.
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 08 2011 21:32 GMT
#62
On February 09 2011 06:28 hmsrenown wrote:
I'll be willing to translate this into Chinese once Sunrise finishes his work with subtitling. I'm not the best at translation however I'd give it a REAL good try.


Thanks man!, i'll add you to the OP.
My Life for Aiur
Perfi
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Poland349 Posts
February 08 2011 21:43 GMT
#63
I should be able to handle a Polish translation. After all, spreading the word sure is a worthy cause.
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 08 2011 21:47 GMT
#64
On February 09 2011 06:43 Perfi wrote:
I should be able to handle a Polish translation. After all, spreading the word sure is a worthy cause.


Thanks! i'll add you too! it seems we are getting a lot of people involved, thats great.
My Life for Aiur
Ojahh
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Ireland728 Posts
February 08 2011 23:16 GMT
#65
On February 09 2011 06:28 hmsrenown wrote:
I'll be willing to translate this into Chinese once Sunrise finishes his work with subtitling. I'm not the best at translation however I'd give it a REAL good try.


you could probably get some help from the TL translate department for the chinese one.

Oh my god, we can arrange for daylies with korean subtitles, there are lots of good translators for that on TL.
===== Barcraft Münster ===== www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=282905! ////// ♥ Nyovne is the new Manifesto
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 00:36:53
February 09 2011 00:11 GMT
#66
I'm making some corrections on the last five minutes posted on the OP.

Some words were missing, I think it would be great if we have a 100% transcript of what he said, without you know, "hiding" or "eating" some words.

Revised version:

+ Show Spoiler +

If you have any friends or any family that's absolutely something that you should do. I mean that's why in this last few... in this last year... You know, I haven't got the chance to play as much but I still need that fixed, and I just want to do as much commentary on the games and just share everything of 12 years of playing Starcraft, about all my thoughts and everything and, and you know, just interact with this unbelievably kickass community.

I mean, some of the things that, that people were asking is, you know, "How do you deal with juggling school and work and all this stuff with Starcraft?" and the answer is that: I just... love Starcraft so much... and I love that I love Starcraft so much. So I'll go to school, I'll hang out with friends, but I have no shame if there's a Friday night and I just want to hang in and play Starcraft. I went to LAN parties non-stop in highschool. And now in college, you know, I don't have that much work I have to do after tonight, and you know what, I'm gonna play Starcraft 2. I don't need to go out, I don't need to follow any sort of weird social norm, like: "Oh, you're at College, you don't go to parties?" You know? Like: "Well, not this weekend. I wanna play Starcraft!" and I think that's awesome.

And you know what? I'm gonna host an event on the weekend and bring everyone in. I'm gonna host an OSL down on the mainscreen auditorium, that's a 15inch projector and everyone's gonna show up and realise why that's so cool.

So, you know what, I... I think I... I think I've just about hit most of what it's like been a starcraft player. I've learn... There's so many lessons that I've learned that have been so valuable to me, for instance: losing. A loss in not a bad thing. Failure is not something to be scorned or avoided, or something you should reassure someone on and say: "No, no, no! It's okay. The russian judge was just in a bad mood". Those losses, those games that you did not play well... that you lost, that is not you, that is not a reflection of you, that game is completely external to you. And if you just look at it, all that loss is, is an arrow that points you in the wrong direction.

In the worst case scenario, if I lose a hundred games, I have a hundred different sources of information I can review in order to become a better player. So now I have such a small fear of failure, because you know what? If I completely botch a tournament in the 2005 finals against a player, because I choked, no big deal. I'll be back again next year and I will learn from that mistake, and I will be clutch in the future.

You know it's helped me realise, you know like getting... If I screw up an assignment it's not that big a deal, if I end losing up a relationship, you know, it doesn't end up working out... I can deal with it a lot better now. I know that, because you have to make decisions so quickly in Starcraft, I now have very little issue just making decisions. and I realise the importance of being able to decide now and figure out if that's better later. Too often I think people spend all this time waffling on various issues, they say "Should I do A or should I do B?" and they're too scared to make a decision. Starcraft makes you proud to be a decision maker and makes you love being a decision maker, all these situations you can end up in... are so much easier if you have that experience.

And I mean, the last thing I wanna say is that... I mean, you learn the importance of community. No one in Starcraft hold themselves up, played by themselves, and then came back and was better than everyone. Players played with each other, and discussed with each other, and formed really tight friendships overseas. Some of my best friends just live in Europe, thanks to Starcraft. That community aspect is just so dear to me.

So I'll finish with this last question that someone said "What do you wanna do with Starcraft 2? Do you want to become a professional player? Do you want to become a commentator?" My life dream is for eSports to be big in the west. I want it to be huge. So I would so dearly want to be the ambassador to eSports. I wanna be the person who you can show your mom to, and say "Look at this guy! This guy isn't homeless! He didn't turn out horrifically awful, right? He played this game and it has brought him far in life. And listen to how he describes this game. That great feeling that he's able to talk about, that is what I feel. That is, you know, something that I think is so important, just to be able to spread it to as many people as possible and I just want the love and the passion for eSports to just, never die. And, and it would be... It would be a life well spent if I could do that.

So... It's been about two hours! Thank you so much to everyone who tuned in live, and for any of you who have a drink, I'd like to make a toast to 12 years, to my dearest friend, the Starcraft community. It's been with me with ups and downs, through everything, always remember to believe in yourself and dream big. Cheers. - 1:50:00


//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Tippany
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States765 Posts
February 09 2011 00:14 GMT
#67
I can help with some translations into Spanish...I'll send you a PM.
Real action, my dream.
theBullFrog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States515 Posts
February 09 2011 00:30 GMT
#68
No thai love?
thebullfrog
Eartz
Profile Joined September 2010
France54 Posts
February 09 2011 08:01 GMT
#69
I've sent my work on the french translation (5 last minutes of #100) to escruting.

Mr_Tolkien, if you have a gmail adress, please pm it to me : We could use google documents.
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 09 2011 10:56 GMT
#70
On February 09 2011 09:11 Tschis wrote:
I'm making some corrections on the last five minutes posted on the OP.

Some words were missing, I think it would be great if we have a 100% transcript of what he said, without you know, "hiding" or "eating" some words.

Revised version:

+ Show Spoiler +

If you have any friends or any family that's absolutely something that you should do. I mean that's why in this last few... in this last year... You know, I haven't got the chance to play as much but I still need that fixed, and I just want to do as much commentary on the games and just share everything of 12 years of playing Starcraft, about all my thoughts and everything and, and you know, just interact with this unbelievably kickass community.

I mean, some of the things that, that people were asking is, you know, "How do you deal with juggling school and work and all this stuff with Starcraft?" and the answer is that: I just... love Starcraft so much... and I love that I love Starcraft so much. So I'll go to school, I'll hang out with friends, but I have no shame if there's a Friday night and I just want to hang in and play Starcraft. I went to LAN parties non-stop in highschool. And now in college, you know, I don't have that much work I have to do after tonight, and you know what, I'm gonna play Starcraft 2. I don't need to go out, I don't need to follow any sort of weird social norm, like: "Oh, you're at College, you don't go to parties?" You know? Like: "Well, not this weekend. I wanna play Starcraft!" and I think that's awesome.

And you know what? I'm gonna host an event on the weekend and bring everyone in. I'm gonna host an OSL down on the mainscreen auditorium, that's a 15inch projector and everyone's gonna show up and realise why that's so cool.

So, you know what, I... I think I... I think I've just about hit most of what it's like been a starcraft player. I've learn... There's so many lessons that I've learned that have been so valuable to me, for instance: losing. A loss in not a bad thing. Failure is not something to be scorned or avoided, or something you should reassure someone on and say: "No, no, no! It's okay. The russian judge was just in a bad mood". Those losses, those games that you did not play well... that you lost, that is not you, that is not a reflection of you, that game is completely external to you. And if you just look at it, all that loss is, is an arrow that points you in the wrong direction.

In the worst case scenario, if I lose a hundred games, I have a hundred different sources of information I can review in order to become a better player. So now I have such a small fear of failure, because you know what? If I completely botch a tournament in the 2005 finals against a player, because I choked, no big deal. I'll be back again next year and I will learn from that mistake, and I will be clutch in the future.

You know it's helped me realise, you know like getting... If I screw up an assignment it's not that big a deal, if I end losing up a relationship, you know, it doesn't end up working out... I can deal with it a lot better now. I know that, because you have to make decisions so quickly in Starcraft, I now have very little issue just making decisions. and I realise the importance of being able to decide now and figure out if that's better later. Too often I think people spend all this time waffling on various issues, they say "Should I do A or should I do B?" and they're too scared to make a decision. Starcraft makes you proud to be a decision maker and makes you love being a decision maker, all these situations you can end up in... are so much easier if you have that experience.

And I mean, the last thing I wanna say is that... I mean, you learn the importance of community. No one in Starcraft hold themselves up, played by themselves, and then came back and was better than everyone. Players played with each other, and discussed with each other, and formed really tight friendships overseas. Some of my best friends just live in Europe, thanks to Starcraft. That community aspect is just so dear to me.

So I'll finish with this last question that someone said "What do you wanna do with Starcraft 2? Do you want to become a professional player? Do you want to become a commentator?" My life dream is for eSports to be big in the west. I want it to be huge. So I would so dearly want to be the ambassador to eSports. I wanna be the person who you can show your mom to, and say "Look at this guy! This guy isn't homeless! He didn't turn out horrifically awful, right? He played this game and it has brought him far in life. And listen to how he describes this game. That great feeling that he's able to talk about, that is what I feel. That is, you know, something that I think is so important, just to be able to spread it to as many people as possible and I just want the love and the passion for eSports to just, never die. And, and it would be... It would be a life well spent if I could do that.

So... It's been about two hours! Thank you so much to everyone who tuned in live, and for any of you who have a drink, I'd like to make a toast to 12 years, to my dearest friend, the Starcraft community. It's been with me with ups and downs, through everything, always remember to believe in yourself and dream big. Cheers. - 1:50:00


//tx


Ok, i'll update the text. If Rampager (the original poster of that text) has something to say about it we'll have to listen to him xD.

On February 09 2011 17:01 Eartz wrote:
I've sent my work on the french translation (5 last minutes of #100) to escruting.

Mr_Tolkien, if you have a gmail adress, please pm it to me : We could use google documents.


Ok, i'll add this to the OP, thanks!

PS: why do you start translating the last 5 minutes first?
My Life for Aiur
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 11:16:37
February 09 2011 11:14 GMT
#71
I think they wanted to make sure they wouldn't be doing the work someone else was doing, so they started with the final 5, since probably noone would be transcripting that =P

Btw, my updates were most like just adding a couple of "you know" and "I mean", stuff like that, nothing big =P

You can add me to the English part also, I'll try to make revisions on what is already transcripted to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't slip by! Specially because we'll be working with the software that sunrise is working with, so it might let go of a few words xD

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
Husnan
Profile Joined November 2010
France298 Posts
February 09 2011 12:29 GMT
#72
I'll gladly cooperate with any other French "translators", my email is marc.husnan@gmail.com, feel free to add it to OP.

Send me a mail or a PM on TL, and we'll try to split up the work between me, mr.tolkien and Eartz.
You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
Eartz
Profile Joined September 2010
France54 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 12:38:52
February 09 2011 12:37 GMT
#73
@escruting
because it's the only english transcription available, or i've probably missed something :p .

@Husnan
i'll send you an email and share the google document.

EDIT : i'm at work atm so i can't listen to Day9 and translate directly :p
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
February 09 2011 12:38 GMT
#74
Could do it in Dutch. If anyone wants that... Dutchies are usually pretty ok at english, but let me know via PM if theres anyone needing this translated to Dutch
KCCO!
Rampager
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia1007 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-09 13:34:16
February 09 2011 13:32 GMT
#75
Haha, that's fine. Day9 just has some strange moments (it was a 2hour speech, essentially, so this isn't criticism) where the grammar of his sentence and the word choice used (it's a 'I know what he meant to say' thing) makes it seem like I should just transcribe 90% true to form, and the other 10% to keep it coherent and flowing

Good revision nonetheless, I'm waiting for SunriseSEA to maybe let us know how much of the video and it's "unknown" words have been submitted, so I can do alittle more


Edit: Like the poster above said, I did the last 5 minutes to avoid collisions. Just like if I was someone else willing to contribute I'd start in the middle (at the 1 hour mark) to more avoid collisions, etc.
Husnan
Profile Joined November 2010
France298 Posts
February 09 2011 18:29 GMT
#76
On February 08 2011 19:37 Eartz wrote:
BTW : French casters are ridiculous so a high level cast available for people who don't understand English would be greately appreciated


lol, I hadn't seen that part, I second that 250%.

I've done 14 minutes worth of translation so far, took me 2 hours! Thank god we're 3 on the job :D
You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
Malminos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States321 Posts
February 09 2011 18:39 GMT
#77
Friendly reminder to go vote day9 for a shorty. This thing is closer than ever. Day[9] is in front of Adam Montoya, but by 15 votes!!!! Adam is gaining on him; i think Day[9] still needs some help

Vote Here, takes 30 seconds and will help the SC2 community out immensely:
http://shortyawards.com/day9tv
"To dream of because become happiness "
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 09 2011 19:59 GMT
#78
I see you guys are already working on the french subtitles, so i will change the current status to "Working", and i added Husnan to the "french team" xDD

Thanks.
My Life for Aiur
Tschis
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil1511 Posts
February 09 2011 20:09 GMT
#79
I'm also already working at the PT-Brazilian version with the 5 last minutes posted.

Also working on the English version doing revisions

//tx
"A coward is not someone that runs from a battle knowing he will lose. A coward is someone who challenges a weak knowing he will win."
escruting
Profile Joined June 2010
Spain229 Posts
February 09 2011 20:14 GMT
#80
On February 10 2011 05:09 Tschis wrote:
I'm also already working at the PT-Brazilian version with the 5 last minutes posted.

Also working on the English version doing revisions

//tx

updated;)
My Life for Aiur
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4397
Leta 1864
Shuttle 1496
ZergMaN 56
sorry 54
Shine 41
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
summit1g6523
WinterStarcraft678
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick519
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 22
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2217
League of Legends
• Rush1340
• Lourlo1130
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 16m
Patches Events
8h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 16m
OSC
16h 16m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.