• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:42
CEST 10:42
KST 17:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8271 users

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR - Page 63

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 158 Next
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 07:06:29
December 04 2010 07:05 GMT
#1241
ive gone through like 40+ games in match history and nobody's played on plunder isle yet for 1v1 in ptr

wouldnt worry about it being a ladder map. i am worried however blizzard is going to mostly keep the same maps for next ladder season
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
johanngrunt
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Hong Kong1555 Posts
December 04 2010 07:05 GMT
#1242
As a protoss, i'm secretly glad that this is probably the first time in a few months that we've received any buffs to our race. seems throughout the beta Toss got the short end of the stick while Terran got consecutive buffs.

SCV repair was a problem, and i guess blizzard didn't like speed voids, not sure why, making carrier or mothership the only reason to get a fleet bacon perhaps?

fleet bacon ftw!!!
Darkstar_X
Profile Joined May 2010
United States197 Posts
December 04 2010 07:06 GMT
#1243
On December 04 2010 15:59 Mjolnir wrote:
If you suck enough to clump your air units, why the hell do you punish the player smart enough to take advantage of that? How hard is it to split your air into 2 or 3 hotkeys when you know there are Infestors out and about?

Not very.

Stupid change. Utterly stupid change.


It's not possible to not clump units with a short attack range, especially when a phoenix behind another phoenix (natural positioning) can only reach just in front of the other phoenix.
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
December 04 2010 07:06 GMT
#1244
On December 04 2010 16:03 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 15:59 Mjolnir wrote:
On December 04 2010 10:57 travis wrote:
On December 04 2010 10:55 Zelniq wrote:
oh my fucking god

now why would they remove the ability to fungal air. goddamnit


prolly cuz it's too op vs a big clump of air units? -.-


If you suck enough to clump your air units, why the hell do you punish the player smart enough to take advantage of that? How hard is it to split your air into 2 or 3 hotkeys when you know there are Infestors out and about?

Not very.

Stupid change. Utterly stupid change.


that's kind of fair... but vs a very big air army, that's easier said than done i think. like 20 phoenixes even if u spread them out a fungal growth is gonna catch like 6+

I'd say rather then have a limit on numbers effected vs air units. But I mean I guess we'll just have to see how this pans out. Not sure how good test realms will be for this kind of game though, where meta game shifts without any real changes being made.
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
December 04 2010 07:08 GMT
#1245
On December 04 2010 16:03 rbx270j wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 15:42 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
On December 04 2010 15:41 rbx270j wrote:


Infestors are the only caster that don't have a direct attacking function (besides crappy infested terran).


I'm pretty sure HTs can't attack


Archons buddy. I wish I can combine my Infestors to make one.



True, but Archons aren't really Casters in any way, are they?

No, but I still consider them part of the HT ability to transform and start attacking. Making good use of the HT's ability. Corruptors, likewise, can transform and attack. If they couldn't, I'd consider corruptors to be absolutely dumb units.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
andrewwiggin
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia435 Posts
December 04 2010 07:08 GMT
#1246
Zerg have ground superiority (mass speedling lings/roaches early game).

Phoenixes cant pick up all your ground, and cant end a game by damaging your buildings.

Sounds fair to me.
lol.Donkament
Profile Joined June 2010
Malta50 Posts
December 04 2010 07:08 GMT
#1247
On December 04 2010 13:18 GoldenH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 13:05 SwizzY wrote:
what game have you guys been playing.. you keep going along with this myth that phoenix's shut down muta for good...

toss can never keep up with muta production as 1) they cost less, and 2) they attack both air and ground, making them 10x better than phoenix situationally, thus a zerg can get away with massing nothing but muta while protoss can't do mass phoenix.

I don't know if blizz shouldve changed things so severely like removing fungal growth on air units, but the phoenix build time buff is WELL FKIN DUE. Now muta/ling will be a little more bearable.


I disagree. Phoenix beat mutas 2 muta:1 phoenix. You can't do something silly like micro 3 phoenix to beat 12 muta, but they hold up pretty good as long as you keep a constant ratio.

You won't actually be able to have more phoenix, you still have the resource investment, you will just need less Stargates to get them. You will still need more than one and less than three... so what's the point? You won't be able to get a Stargate any earlier, because the VR still does not enough damage to roach/ling. It just means there is a shorter window for Zergs to transition to hydras or Corruptors once Phoenix start coming out.

I am most interested in the Hallucination change. I think it may actually be possible to scout for a lair with hallucination, now. And possibly cloaked banshee, so you can skip the Robo fac. I don't feel that Protoss really will be able to avoid Robo tech, but it's a start to proving that theory.


I play random and no, 13 mutas cant be handle by 3 pheonixyou just hit and run with your mutas for hit pheonix,

why we dont see pheonix right now? because terran have reactor and zerg larva protoss cant have the same effect with chrono, i understand this change by blizzard
many over reaction right here
DreamSailor
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada433 Posts
December 04 2010 07:09 GMT
#1248
On December 04 2010 16:06 Zarahtra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 16:03 travis wrote:
On December 04 2010 15:59 Mjolnir wrote:
On December 04 2010 10:57 travis wrote:
On December 04 2010 10:55 Zelniq wrote:
oh my fucking god

now why would they remove the ability to fungal air. goddamnit


prolly cuz it's too op vs a big clump of air units? -.-


If you suck enough to clump your air units, why the hell do you punish the player smart enough to take advantage of that? How hard is it to split your air into 2 or 3 hotkeys when you know there are Infestors out and about?

Not very.

Stupid change. Utterly stupid change.


that's kind of fair... but vs a very big air army, that's easier said than done i think. like 20 phoenixes even if u spread them out a fungal growth is gonna catch like 6+

I'd say rather then have a limit on numbers effected vs air units. But I mean I guess we'll just have to see how this pans out. Not sure how good test realms will be for this kind of game though, where meta game shifts without any real changes being made.


I do think this would be a good change, only effecting ~5 air units. Of course in small engagements like with Guineapig in GSL, he only had 5 Phoenixes.
Where ever you go, there you are.
Medzo
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States627 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 07:12:02
December 04 2010 07:09 GMT
#1249
=[ So far I really like dont like mashing of Z to create units. I mean I can understand why you might want to get rid holding down to create units but damnnnnn it sucks when youre lategame and you have 5hatch 4queen trying to use 40 larva. The idea of needing more apm is alright I guess but I dont like pressing the same button 30-40 times as fast as I can every time I get into a fight.

Also pheonix seems pretty strong without fungal being around to help. I managed to pull ahead though but mostly because I think I macro'd better than my opponent during his harass. I can only imagine what vikign vs broodlord will be like =[. We shall see though.
Howl67
Profile Joined October 2010
United States148 Posts
December 04 2010 07:10 GMT
#1250
On December 04 2010 16:08 andrewwiggin wrote:
Zerg have ground superiority (mass speedling lings/roaches early game).

Phoenixes cant pick up all your ground, and cant end a game by damaging your buildings.

Sounds fair to me.


They can however kill all of your overlords before you can really do anything about it.
Streltsy
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada98 Posts
December 04 2010 07:11 GMT
#1251
Wowowowow! I don't know about the balance changes since I haven't played 1v1s since summer unfortunately but I am fist-pumping about the hotkey options, they added them all! Even globals! Shit took a while but the hotkey options are everything they should be and above.
ScarletKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States691 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 07:12:42
December 04 2010 07:11 GMT
#1252
I'd once again like to advocate patience on this. This patch has not been out in the test realm for more than a few hours. Lets see how this goes before jumping to conclusions. Theorycrafting is much different than in-game experience. Blizzard has done a good job with balance so far, I don't think they would anything without thoroughly thinking it through. Not while the GSL is going on still.

Let's see where this takes us, and remember, this is a test, not a full patch. If blizzard doesn't like what they see they'll remove it before fully implementing it.

And you have to admit, the rest of this patch apart from potential balance issues is pretty damn spectacular. Kudos Blizzard.
Looks like I picked the wrong week the quit sniffing glue
Martinni
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada169 Posts
December 04 2010 07:12 GMT
#1253
I wouldn't have mind the FG nerf if it would have came with hydra speed, seriously... this is a mess!
this is kinda like the guy that started milking and cows... what the hell was he doing?
Durantula
Profile Joined July 2010
United States108 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 07:16:30
December 04 2010 07:12 GMT
#1254
Just played a PvT, and void rays now melt thors ridiculously fast. I had 9 VRs vs 7 Thors. The only damage dealt to my VRs was 1 in the yellow, while my 9 VRs took out all his thors plus the remaining tanks. Note: none of the VRs were charged!

I'm honestly shocked right now that protoss air just got such huge buffs after this season in the GSL every single protoss showed that air is the way to go.
andrewwiggin
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia435 Posts
December 04 2010 07:13 GMT
#1255

...I think people are way overreacting about the phoenix buff =/


People need to chill out. Once we settle into this patch, a few weeks in people will figure out the timings and new timings and new defenses etc. Thats what patch testing is for. Until then, you just have to scout now for builds other than assuming protoss is always going to 4 gate you.
smileyyy
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1816 Posts
December 04 2010 07:13 GMT
#1256
On December 04 2010 16:09 Medzo wrote:
=[ So far I really like dont like mashing of Z to create units. I mean I can understand why you might want to get rid holding down to create units but damnnnnn it sucks when youre lategame and you have 5hatch 4queen trying to use 40 larva. The idea of needing more apm is alright I guess but I dont like pressing the same button 30-40 times as fast as I can every time I get into a fight.

Also pheonix seems pretty strong without fungal being around to help. I managed to pull ahead though but mostly because I think I macro'd better than my opponent during his harass. I can only imagine what vikign vs broodlord will be like =[. We shall see though.

Well I always pressed the button anyways. I only paid attention to this now :D


I really want new maps though
Fruitseller: I feel like it's a good strategy[6Pool]. I had a lot of strategies, but I thought about it a lot and decided to 6 pool. Other people told me to 6 pool too
DR.Ham
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands621 Posts
December 04 2010 07:13 GMT
#1257
Noob Question, how are you supposed to stop your overlords getting killed by mass or early phoenix now? Should they all be constantly stacked over the hatchery?
sp1XeL
Profile Joined November 2010
14 Posts
December 04 2010 07:14 GMT
#1258
On December 04 2010 16:12 Durantula wrote:
Just played a PvT, and void rays now melt thors ridiculously fast. I had 9 VRs vs 7 Thors. The only damage dealt to my VRs was 1 in the yellow, while my 9 VRs took out all his thors plus the remaining tanks.

I'm honestly shocked right now that protoss air just got such huge buffs after this season in the GSL every single protoss showed that air is the way to go.


NICE! im glad to hear that mech in TvP is even more useless now
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
December 04 2010 07:14 GMT
#1259
I don't think phoenix openings will actually be good because they leave you so open to early roach aggresion. But the mass muta braindead zvp strat will probably finally die with tosses being able to make many more phoenixes in a shorter amount of time.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Dr. ROCKZO
Profile Joined May 2010
New Zealand396 Posts
December 04 2010 07:14 GMT
#1260
I'm fine with almost all of this patch.

But
You can no longer hold down a key to perform multiple copies of the same action. You need to hit D 10 times to make 10 drones.


just annoys me greatly. It makes a Zerg late game so much more irritating than it needs to be. And what beneficial purpose does it serve?
or something
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister651
byalli628
ceh9548
shoxiejesuss539
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
summit1g7372
WinterStarcraft547
Happy347
Sick292
dupreeh243
crisheroes176
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1237
• Stunt438
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 18m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.