• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8782 users

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR - Page 100

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 158 Next
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
December 04 2010 15:39 GMT
#1981
On December 05 2010 00:31 butchji wrote:
In BroodWar the Observatory was required (added additional time till you can get observers) And now they for some reason lowered the costs of observers eventhough you can get them extremely quickly? A terran scan is limited by the time the scan runs, only spots a certain area and costs potential 400 minerals you get from mules.

Maybe someone can enlighten me why this was necessary?

I think it's to make the Protoss go more observers. Everyone is saying observer is best scouting unit etc etc which may be true but it's also very vulnerable. Once an observer is destroyed most P don't make additional observers anymore thus there isn't any scouting ability except of hallucinations (which means researching it and also making sentries whilst waiting for the energy requirement). Just my thought.

On December 05 2010 00:29 Mascherano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 00:19 Piy wrote:
The issue isn't the damage dealt, its that P and T can flick around the map with their air and even if you do have the creep spread to deal with it, not having fungal growth means that there is nothing worrying them. So you have to play very defensive with your hydras as a result. Or go Muta, not that Muta works vs Phoenix without fungal growth.

Hopefully they won't put through the silly change, the rest of the patch is good.


Describes how every T and P feels when Zerg go mutas and they get more than 6.

On to the FG nerf. Before this nerf that hasn't even happened, all zerg say is "Just don't clump up your phoenixes, learn to separate them so that FG isn't as effective.

Well now you guys can learn not to clump up your mutas, and divide them into groups so you can flank/sandwich our phoenixes.

Yea when I read that comment I had the exact thought as you just described. You're describing the exact feeling of a T/P who faces a Zerg going mass muta lol who bashes a P saying micro better or l2play etc. As a P/T player this buff and nerf to FG basically reversed the roles of air of the races at first thought but we don't know what it will really result in. For all we know it might just be add few corruptors instead of muta's and protoss can't do much. I'm still speculating but it's the same as every other Z/T/P saying OMG WE CAN'T DO X WHILE HE CAN DO Y. WE DON'T DESERVER THIS NERF etc.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
Armsved
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark642 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 15:40:05
December 04 2010 15:39 GMT
#1982
On December 05 2010 00:33 ltortoise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 00:31 Armsved wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:29 ltortoise wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:28 Armsved wrote:
As a T player, I honestly dont feel this is going to matter at all in any of my MUs. I dont understand why any terrans would engage in this discussion. It might make some difference in ZvP, but nothing big. The real matter is ZvZ, and any non Z player should just stay the hell away from that dicussion.



You don't think Ravens will now become an effective unit to mass in the lategame against Zerg?

Every time I tried it before I'd suffer huge losses to fungal. Now it looks doable.


I dont know how you will get to lategame with the production to mass that. Its like massing BCs before they got nerfed. Its expensive, you wont get to the lategame with the production to support it and there will be big gaps of timing for the zerg to exploit it.


I'm confused. I'm talking about massing them IN the late game. Not massing them before the late game in preparation for it.

If you're on four bases, adding two starports for Ravens isn't going to create some huge timing for the Zerg to come kill you...


I cant tell you wether it would work or not since im not since I obviously havent tested it, but I dont see it being a total gamebreaker. And corrupter will counter it anyway. Also no matter how you look at it 2 starports pumping out ravens+the energy and HSM upgrade is a pretty big investment.

As I said I dont think it will be a total gamebreaker in anyway, maybe it will help terran out in the lategame which is needed in TvZ. (yeah I know we rely on bio ball and tanksthe entire game, and we are noobs for not transitioning into something we dont have)
YOOO
Perscienter
Profile Joined June 2010
957 Posts
December 04 2010 15:41 GMT
#1983
On December 05 2010 00:31 butchji wrote:
In BroodWar the Observatory was required (added additional time till you can get observers) And now they for some reason lowered the costs of observers eventhough you can get them extremely quickly? A terran scan is limited by the time the scan runs, only spots a certain area and costs potential 400 minerals you get from mules.

Maybe someone can enlighten me why this was necessary?

Banshees and the Terran sniping costy observers.

But I think that they could move burrow back to tier one.


I still can't stress enough how much the fungal growth nerf will hurt the game. Z mirrors and ZvPs will be broken. There is absolutely no way to kill phoenixes without fungal growth. It was the reason, why Protoss players had to stop massing them in the mid game.
ltortoise
Profile Joined August 2010
633 Posts
December 04 2010 15:43 GMT
#1984
On December 05 2010 00:39 Armsved wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 00:33 ltortoise wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:31 Armsved wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:29 ltortoise wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:28 Armsved wrote:
As a T player, I honestly dont feel this is going to matter at all in any of my MUs. I dont understand why any terrans would engage in this discussion. It might make some difference in ZvP, but nothing big. The real matter is ZvZ, and any non Z player should just stay the hell away from that dicussion.



You don't think Ravens will now become an effective unit to mass in the lategame against Zerg?

Every time I tried it before I'd suffer huge losses to fungal. Now it looks doable.


I dont know how you will get to lategame with the production to mass that. Its like massing BCs before they got nerfed. Its expensive, you wont get to the lategame with the production to support it and there will be big gaps of timing for the zerg to exploit it.


I'm confused. I'm talking about massing them IN the late game. Not massing them before the late game in preparation for it.

If you're on four bases, adding two starports for Ravens isn't going to create some huge timing for the Zerg to come kill you...


I cant tell you wether it would work or not since im not since I obviously havent tested it, but I dont see it being a total gamebreaker. And corrupter will counter it anyway. Also no matter how you look at it 2 starports pumping out ravens+the energy and HSM upgrade is a pretty big investment.

As I said I dont think it will be a total gamebreaker in anyway, maybe it will help terran out in the lategame which is needed in TvZ. (yeah I know we rely on bio ball and tanksthe entire game, and we are noobs for not transitioning into something we dont have)


Lol wtf?

I never once said it would be a gamebreaker or anything of the sort. I simply said that now it seems more possible than it was before.

Nothing more.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 15:45:00
December 04 2010 15:44 GMT
#1985
Please stop the stupidity. Just remember if you make a stupid post we're going to ban you.
Administrator
hoovehand
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom542 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 15:51:03
December 04 2010 15:45 GMT
#1986
On December 04 2010 10:56 SWPIGWANG wrote:
no fungal on air units? Spire is now mandatory against like everything....

Phoenix op is the new robo? I guess hallu upgrade speed means twilight is more workable too.....


i think infestors definately discourage clever drop play, nerfing fungal growth will remove one of the skill ceiling caps.

we want to see hydralisks. zerg is broken until we start seeing hydralisk in every game. if you encourage air play from the opposition then hydra are great.
Super_bricklayer
Profile Joined May 2010
France104 Posts
December 04 2010 15:47 GMT
#1987
More than the fungal, something is questioning me more is the holding down hotkeys "issue".

Is it just me or pressing 18 times R feels dumb ?
Perscienter
Profile Joined June 2010
957 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 15:49:04
December 04 2010 15:48 GMT
#1988
Infestors mainly discouraged unclever one-air-unit masses. Mass one-air-unit armies are the stupidest things in the game. That needs to be prohibited.
On December 05 2010 00:47 Super_bricklayer wrote:
More than the fungal, something is questioning me more is the holding down hotkeys "issue".

Is it just me or pressing 18 times R feels dumb ?

It's not just you. The majority would probably agree with you.
Clearout
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1060 Posts
December 04 2010 15:49 GMT
#1989
I'm really happy for the changes overall, they seem to make everything better. Not sure about the fungal change but I put my trust into Blizzard. I love the reduced build time of phoenixes especially. Also the part where zergs can't make 5-6 times the amount of units of a P with half the time and apm is a great change which might make zergs making huge armies during battle in the lategame a bit more difficult. It's fun seeing your apm in the lategame as a zerg going up to 800 because of holding down a key lol.
really?
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
December 04 2010 15:49 GMT
#1990
Stalemate detection? awwwww. would probably hurt spectator-bility as some strats only work out in late late game. Imagine Idra vs Jinro in an epic TvZ where the map is mined out and the game ends up being drawed before the cool stuff happens
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
LBo
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany35 Posts
December 04 2010 15:50 GMT
#1991
On December 05 2010 00:21 Euriti wrote:
All this thread has shown is how the community seems to have taken a nosedive the last 2 months. The amount of posts saying 'X deserves nerf cus they whine' or 'lol X whines l2p noobs' is just staggering. Before you post, try to be just a little bit objective. Resorting to namecalling and generalization is just gonna degrade the discussion in to something akin battle.net forums.


Yeah, I really feel like these threads bring out the worst in people. Despite me being a Zerg player the large qq threads back before the first patches while partly constructive were mostly depressing and detrimental for my own gameplay, the Terran qq thread some weeks ago reached the point where people were saying things like "Banshees are useless" (srsly wtf) and the two large Protoss qq threads gave you the impression that the race is unplayable and people were rushing it with their crappy balancing ideas. Everyone just encourage themselves in their own opinion and states it at fact while simultaneously calling other people Bronze noobs. It's terrible.

I like some of the changes, some I do not agree with, but these are just patch notes for a test server, people need to calm the fuck down. What I do think is that Blizzard's balancing policy right now is somewhat shortsighted. I really think they should leave the game alone for some time. We're seeing a pretty balanced Ro8 in the GSL right now and top players really found new ways to play out their matchups (especially TvZ (the macro version not the SCV all-in version), ZvZ and PvT are evolving amazingly in my eyes) and it's not good if Blizzard listens to all the whiners and messes stuff up every two months.
Mellotron
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States329 Posts
December 04 2010 15:53 GMT
#1992
I really like the changes made to unit sound cues etc. I am glad that they take the time to improve this even though everyone is already sold on the game and arent asking for improvements to be made on forums. It really shows alot of care and pride in making the game as functionally solid as possible.
Starcraft player since 1999
Ulthran.steve
Profile Joined May 2010
Bulgaria14 Posts
December 04 2010 15:54 GMT
#1993
Though FG nerf almost certainly must mean a hydra buff...and a big one at that...maybe back to 90 hp or 5 bonus damage vs light air.Thoughts?
Working as intended.
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
December 04 2010 15:54 GMT
#1994
I wanna suggest something interesting.

Have any of you thought of the fact that the game needs to change at certain points in it's life time?

Albeit not now, perhaps, but I mean, if the games becomes so balanced that you can do every build in your sleep, won't that sorta kill the innovation of new builds in a way?

If you keep changing little things around every now and then, the game will change, and people will discover new builds that can deal some dmg.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I would just be sad to see this game become stale, because no-matter what, there ARE limited builds you can do, to be sucessful. Once you change one little factor, everything else becomes possible in theory and can be tested.
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
December 04 2010 15:55 GMT
#1995
On December 05 2010 00:53 Mellotron wrote:
I really like the changes made to unit sound cues etc. I am glad that they take the time to improve this even though everyone is already sold on the game and arent asking for improvements to be made on forums. It really shows alot of care and pride in making the game as functionally solid as possible.


Can you elaborate on that? What did they change and how ?
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
Snowbear
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)1925 Posts
December 04 2010 15:55 GMT
#1996
On December 05 2010 00:31 butchji wrote:
In BroodWar the Observatory was required (added additional time till you can get observers) And now they for some reason lowered the costs of observers eventhough you can get them extremely quickly? A terran scan is limited by the time the scan runs, only spots a certain area and costs potential 240 minerals you get from mules.

Maybe someone can enlighten me why this was necessary?


It's necessary because of the POSSIBILITY of a cloacked banshee. Protoss players don't like the fact that they have to go robo --> observer first. I mean, imagine terran having to go raven or turret because of possible DT... oh wait...
Wayem
Profile Joined May 2010
France455 Posts
December 04 2010 15:56 GMT
#1997
That is the most fulled of QQ thread I've seen in a long time..

It's entertaining and sad at the same time. I'm litteraly eating nachos while reading you guys ! xD plz QQ even more before trying to play.
"who needs micro when you can have more stuff ?" -day9
mr.reee
Profile Joined November 2010
121 Posts
December 04 2010 15:56 GMT
#1998
Zerg already have a serious unit variety deficiency. Without anti-air fungal growth, it seems they will have no choice but to go hydra or corruptor mid-game. Terrible.

Cheaper observer, much faster pheonix, easier hyrda counter. Corruptors are already the worst zerg unit (worst unit period?).
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 15:57:09
December 04 2010 15:56 GMT
#1999
On December 05 2010 00:32 Amber[LighT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 00:21 Bosu wrote:
Can 2 bunkers still wall a ramp in?


I'm wondering this too. I'm assuming it will take more work to wall in for Terrans at the bottom of ramps with the change now as well, if the bunker question results in a 'no.'

Either way it benefits early game ZvT



I tested it. 2 bunkers can still wall in just as easily.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Ulthran.steve
Profile Joined May 2010
Bulgaria14 Posts
December 04 2010 15:56 GMT
#2000
Did they change the awful zerg sounds?I want my Overmind back!
Working as intended.
Prev 1 98 99 100 101 102 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
NeuroSwarm 76
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 491
Bale 70
League of Legends
Doublelift4785
Other Games
summit1g8886
JimRising 557
ViBE213
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick647
BasetradeTV190
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Light_VIP 10
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1093
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 19m
Patches Events
13h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 19m
OSC
21h 19m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.