• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9383 users

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR - Page 101

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 158 Next
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
December 04 2010 15:57 GMT
#2001
On December 05 2010 00:56 Wayem wrote:
That is the most fulled of QQ thread I've seen in a long time..

It's entertaining and sad at the same time. I'm litteraly eating nachos while reading you guys ! xD plz QQ even more before trying to play.


Every balance patch thread has been like this, and every one in the future will be like this. It's inevitable.
gwombat
Profile Joined November 2010
Singapore40 Posts
December 04 2010 15:58 GMT
#2002
huge infestor nerf, don't think i like that. on the upside PvZ is going to be so awesome, especially since i already favour phoenix openings xD
"Just go f*cking kill him!" - Day[9]
Wayem
Profile Joined May 2010
France455 Posts
December 04 2010 15:59 GMT
#2003
On December 05 2010 00:57 GGQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 00:56 Wayem wrote:
That is the most fulled of QQ thread I've seen in a long time..

It's entertaining and sad at the same time. I'm litteraly eating nachos while reading you guys ! xD plz QQ even more before trying to play.


Every balance patch thread has been like this, and every one in the future will be like this. It's inevitable.


You are right but I feel this one brings really a lot of overreaction and blind theory crafting from all the point of views.
"who needs micro when you can have more stuff ?" -day9
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23443 Posts
December 04 2010 16:00 GMT
#2004
Overreacting and blind theorycrafting is standard. This 12 year old bickering about who's race needs to click more is pissing me off though.
Ulthran.steve
Profile Joined May 2010
Bulgaria14 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 16:04:15
December 04 2010 16:02 GMT
#2005
I would agree to the Fungal not hitting air when they make psi storm/emp not able to hit air too.Mybe even seeker missile...let's just revamp the whole game into an air unit fest where who gets air first wins.Remove Thor air splash too...it does too much potential damage to clumped up air.
Working as intended.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
December 04 2010 16:03 GMT
#2006
On December 05 2010 00:56 Ulthran.steve wrote:
Did they change the awful zerg sounds?I want my Overmind back!

You can change it yourself
Skee
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 16:06:07
December 04 2010 16:04 GMT
#2007
I am VERY interested to see what role void rays play in PvP now. 20% damage increase to massive... Colossus finally beat?
Armsved
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark642 Posts
December 04 2010 16:04 GMT
#2008
On December 05 2010 00:43 ltortoise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 00:39 Armsved wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:33 ltortoise wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:31 Armsved wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:29 ltortoise wrote:
On December 05 2010 00:28 Armsved wrote:
As a T player, I honestly dont feel this is going to matter at all in any of my MUs. I dont understand why any terrans would engage in this discussion. It might make some difference in ZvP, but nothing big. The real matter is ZvZ, and any non Z player should just stay the hell away from that dicussion.



You don't think Ravens will now become an effective unit to mass in the lategame against Zerg?

Every time I tried it before I'd suffer huge losses to fungal. Now it looks doable.


I dont know how you will get to lategame with the production to mass that. Its like massing BCs before they got nerfed. Its expensive, you wont get to the lategame with the production to support it and there will be big gaps of timing for the zerg to exploit it.


I'm confused. I'm talking about massing them IN the late game. Not massing them before the late game in preparation for it.

If you're on four bases, adding two starports for Ravens isn't going to create some huge timing for the Zerg to come kill you...


I cant tell you wether it would work or not since im not since I obviously havent tested it, but I dont see it being a total gamebreaker. And corrupter will counter it anyway. Also no matter how you look at it 2 starports pumping out ravens+the energy and HSM upgrade is a pretty big investment.

As I said I dont think it will be a total gamebreaker in anyway, maybe it will help terran out in the lategame which is needed in TvZ. (yeah I know we rely on bio ball and tanksthe entire game, and we are noobs for not transitioning into something we dont have)


Lol wtf?

I never once said it would be a gamebreaker or anything of the sort. I simply said that now it seems more possible than it was before.

Nothing more.



Ahh fair enough, yeah you might be right about that I just in my first post stated that this patch wont matter at all for terran, a little in ZvP and a fuck ton in ZvZ.
YOOO
DNB
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Finland995 Posts
December 04 2010 16:05 GMT
#2009
On December 05 2010 01:03 Existor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 00:56 Ulthran.steve wrote:
Did they change the awful zerg sounds?I want my Overmind back!

You can change it yourself


not anymore, without violatings blizzard's agreement
Gorguts
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada254 Posts
December 04 2010 16:05 GMT
#2010
The balance changes might not even go live, that's the purpose of a test server after all.
Gecko
Profile Joined August 2010
United States519 Posts
December 04 2010 16:05 GMT
#2011
I never use phoenixes in PvZ because of roach pressure builds but this patch might change my mind! VRs vs massive will be amazing against hive tech too, we got a unit that can potentially deal with ultras and brolords late game. The auto-repair changes are nice too, it sucked to get thor rushed and lose instantly in some situations.
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
December 04 2010 16:05 GMT
#2012
If they remove the pylon wall but don't remove the depot/bunker wall that'd be ridiculous.
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
Ulthran.steve
Profile Joined May 2010
Bulgaria14 Posts
December 04 2010 16:06 GMT
#2013
On December 05 2010 01:04 Skee wrote:
I am VERY VERY VERY VERY interested to see what role void rays play in PvP now. 20% damage increase to massive... Colossus finally beat?

Void Ray- 6 range
Stalker- 6 range
I don't think so...but people are just now realizing how abusive blink can be. It's a great tool vs Colossi.
Void rays will never be as good at countering colossus as corruptors, let alone vikings
Working as intended.
Ulthran.steve
Profile Joined May 2010
Bulgaria14 Posts
December 04 2010 16:07 GMT
#2014
On December 05 2010 01:05 sjschmidt93 wrote:
If they remove the pylon wall but don't remove the depot/bunker wall that'd be ridiculous.

yeah would be pretty unfair
Working as intended.
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
December 04 2010 16:10 GMT
#2015
• ZERG


-- Infestor

Fungal Growth no longer affects air units.


That's just retarded, zerg has no effective anti air now.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 16:17:04
December 04 2010 16:10 GMT
#2016
Compromise Blizzard. Let Fungal effect air units, but only for half duration. I understand where you're coming from Bliz, but this is going too far.

Protoss Stargate builds were already my worst matchup as Zerg : (
Egyptian_Head
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa508 Posts
December 04 2010 16:10 GMT
#2017
A very good patch imo. A few things im not so sure about but it all seems pretty well thought out to me.
Thegilaboy
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2018 Posts
December 04 2010 16:11 GMT
#2018
Auto-repair change is nice, I'm a big fan of that. A shame about FG though, I always liked fungal as it was, and taking away its ability to hit air units and stop both air clumps and pesky drops just feels wrong to me.
VR change is pretty cool. I'm interested to see how much that will impact the late game for P against Z and P especially.
raidmaster
Profile Joined July 2010
474 Posts
December 04 2010 16:11 GMT
#2019
On December 05 2010 01:07 Ulthran.steve wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 01:05 sjschmidt93 wrote:
If they remove the pylon wall but don't remove the depot/bunker wall that'd be ridiculous.

yeah would be pretty unfair


Because pylon is actually small and shouldn't be used for making "walls"? I'm sure that now pylon = supply depot. Bunker =/= supply depo/pylon so walling with bunkers should still be available (and bunker is pretty big).
TheRPGAddict
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1403 Posts
December 04 2010 16:11 GMT
#2020
On December 04 2010 23:28 UisTehSux wrote:
Anyone else notice a performance boost with this patch? I usually average around 60-62 FPS. Now I'm averaging about 70 or so. I'm loving it.
Yes, it seems as though they better optimized the game. I had all my shit on high with my current PC build (upgrading this month) and I was never dropping below 50 no matter how many units. In normal Sc2 I would go down to 40.
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 471
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever454
League of Legends
Doublelift4285
Other Games
summit1g12421
JimRising 446
KnowMe187
Livibee185
ViBE161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick886
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 133
• Adnapsc2 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Scarra869
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 15m
Patches Events
15h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 15m
OSC
23h 15m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.