• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7531 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 55

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 234 Next
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 17 2015 00:13 GMT
#1081
On July 17 2015 03:26 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2015 21:57 FiWiFaKi wrote:
A nice person PM'ed me, and I'll repeat a bit of what I said there.

There is every single reason to worry. I was doing everything right for almost 3 years, and then I got a shoulder injury, simply because I was doing dips a little too low, and going down too low on my OHDP press and incline bench. This injury was extremely demotivating... And could be attributed in part to why I stopped working out in the first place.


In regards to shoulders, this article has been recently making the rounds on reddit: https://www.t-nation.com/training/shoulder-shocker

I know people's opinions of tnation have gone downhill, and I'm going to keep doing the ohp, but it might be worth a read.


Today was shoulder day so I did the shoulder shocker. Great pumps, would try again.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-17 00:56:07
July 17 2015 00:49 GMT
#1082
Thanks @Strongmang, I'll make sure to give you the same advice the next time you get an injury, let me know how you find that constructive feedback. I know you were just baiting a reaction, so there ya go. But anyway, nothing in my life to suggest a testosterone deficiency, so no thanks.

@IgnE, I thought it'd be clear enough that I'm looking for the pros and cons of each exercise, with an option to add a disclaimer, telling me it's not really necessary for me, etc. But what you did just wasn't answer the question I was after. Even if it wasn't properly worded initially, I think it was made clear after responding to a couple people in this thread.

@Najda, thanks for the article. I still do OHDP, but I go down maybe 10-15 degrees below parallel, I find it puts less strain on my shoulders, and I completely removed dips from my workout routines as well. The tone of the article doesn't sound very reputable to me. When someone tells me to do 100 pull-aparts a day for a year, well that's where I'm going to be like "yeah fuck that", if there isn't some science behind it. I dunno, it's just too anecdotal for my preference. I think a person like eshlow has his mind in the right place with regards to working out. I do agree that the shoulder is the most commonly injured part of the body though.

Anyway, I think I'll use this thread to mostly just lurk and find some interesting tidbits of information, or to post statuses. I find the tone of this thread doesn't really suit someone like me.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-17 01:18:03
July 17 2015 01:07 GMT
#1083
I can't read your mind bro. I can only respond to questions as written. My unsolicited opinion is that you are small, think you know everything, and looking to remain small. Don't tell me you are cutting out dips and scared of hurting your shoulders but also say:

When someone tells me to do 100 pull-aparts a day for a year, well that's where I'm going to be like "yeah fuck that", if there isn't some science behind it. I dunno, it's just too anecdotal for my preference.


Here's another anecdote for you. I've been doing pull-aparts the last six months and it's greatly improved how healthy my shoulders feel. I would bet that you can't deliberately contract your lower traps and might not even know where they are or what they do, but you are sitting up on your scientific high horse pondering the differences between a 30 and 45 degree barbell row.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Strongmang
Profile Joined June 2015
18 Posts
July 17 2015 01:21 GMT
#1084
@fiwifaki - Actually that would be some pretty solid advice if some one told me to get my testosterone levels checked.... I had my levels checked and found out I actually had pretty low testosterone lol! The important thing here is to swallow your pride and check your ego and maybe listen to the advice people with experience is giving you. Igne has given some pretty good advice that your choosing not to accept for whatever reason baffles me.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 17 2015 01:22 GMT
#1085
igne should I get weightlifting shoes or these 5 toed uglies?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/feats-of-feet-minimalist-shoes-and-strength-training.html

My heels do come up kinda often on heavy sets but I don't want the raised heel to fuck with my center of gravity like the article says.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 17 2015 01:24 GMT
#1086
I use a flat vibram-soled shoe for everything that's not squatting or oly lifting related and I put on weightlifting shoes whenever I squat or do oly related things.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
July 17 2015 01:24 GMT
#1087
On July 17 2015 10:07 IgnE wrote:
I can't read your mind bro. I can only respond to questions as written. My unsolicited opinion is that you are small, think you know everything, and looking to remain small. Don't tell me you are cutting out dips and scared of hurting your shoulders but also say:

Show nested quote +
When someone tells me to do 100 pull-aparts a day for a year, well that's where I'm going to be like "yeah fuck that", if there isn't some science behind it. I dunno, it's just too anecdotal for my preference.


Here's another anecdote for you. I've been doing pull-aparts the last six months and it's greatly improved how healthy my shoulders feel. I would bet that you can't deliberately contract your lower traps and might not even know where they are or what they do, but you are sitting up on your scientific high horse pondering the differences between a 30 and 45 degree barbell row.


Scott Herman is also "small", Conor McGregor is also "small" that doesn't make it wrong to want to look like them. I took a look at your pics in the 2014 thread, and I don't want to look like that. I'm not saying you look bad, but it's too big, and not toned enough for my liking. I know the term "athletic build" gets a lot of crap, but I cycle a lot, play tennis, squash, ski.... Weighing 240lbs makes that difficult to do. If I can't run 10km easily, I wouldn't want to look like that, and I don't know many people who weigh 240lb that can run 10km like it was a breeze... Anyway, few people with that mentality here, but just trying

Anyway, different goals, and again, you're making assumptions about me, which aren't correct.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-17 01:40:07
July 17 2015 01:26 GMT
#1088
On July 17 2015 03:26 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2015 21:57 FiWiFaKi wrote:
A nice person PM'ed me, and I'll repeat a bit of what I said there.

There is every single reason to worry. I was doing everything right for almost 3 years, and then I got a shoulder injury, simply because I was doing dips a little too low, and going down too low on my OHDP press and incline bench. This injury was extremely demotivating... And could be attributed in part to why I stopped working out in the first place.


In regards to shoulders, this article has been recently making the rounds on reddit: https://www.t-nation.com/training/shoulder-shocker

I know people's opinions of tnation have gone downhill, and I'm going to keep doing the ohp, but it might be worth a read.


I think that article is a bunch of horseshit.

In my experience strong upper delts (from overhead pressing) and shoulder flexibility are key to healthiness. Most Oly lifters injure their wrist, elbows, knees and back, but rarely their shoulders despite brutally abusing them. The OHP is a lot more straining to the back than the shoulders imo, injury wise.

Bench Press with bad form is the number one shoulder destroyer, by a mile. Arching the upperback and pinching the blades together is not "powerlifting" form, it's the only acceptable way.
Benching also leads to overdeveloped front delts and tight shoulders.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 17 2015 01:26 GMT
#1089
I'm 220 right now with better abs than you have.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-17 01:30:51
July 17 2015 01:29 GMT
#1090
On July 17 2015 10:24 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2015 10:07 IgnE wrote:
I can't read your mind bro. I can only respond to questions as written. My unsolicited opinion is that you are small, think you know everything, and looking to remain small. Don't tell me you are cutting out dips and scared of hurting your shoulders but also say:

When someone tells me to do 100 pull-aparts a day for a year, well that's where I'm going to be like "yeah fuck that", if there isn't some science behind it. I dunno, it's just too anecdotal for my preference.


Here's another anecdote for you. I've been doing pull-aparts the last six months and it's greatly improved how healthy my shoulders feel. I would bet that you can't deliberately contract your lower traps and might not even know where they are or what they do, but you are sitting up on your scientific high horse pondering the differences between a 30 and 45 degree barbell row.


Scott Herman is also "small", Conor McGregor is also "small" that doesn't make it wrong to want to look like them. I took a look at your pics in the 2014 thread, and I don't want to look like that. I'm not saying you look bad, but it's too big, and not toned enough for my liking. I know the term "athletic build" gets a lot of crap, but I cycle a lot, play tennis, squash, ski.... Weighing 240lbs makes that difficult to do. If I can't run 10km easily, I wouldn't want to look like that, and I don't know many people who weigh 240lb that can run 10km like it was a breeze... Anyway, few people with that mentality here, but just trying

Anyway, different goals, and again, you're making assumptions about me, which aren't correct.

You're unwittingly making a case for the theory that lower bf and more aerobic intensive sports and activities increase the risk of injury more than resistance training.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-17 01:35:16
July 17 2015 01:32 GMT
#1091
You are unnecessarily getting defensive. I wasn't critiquing you. I'm just saying, if you asked people on the street, 90%+ of them would choose the physique of him, instead of you. I have no doubt in my mind you can lift more, and are more rigid, and prefer your physique over his, etc.

What's wrong with wanting to look like:

http://i.imgur.com/yOg8Q.jpg
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TrHd8pv8bL4/maxresdefault.jpg
http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/mbidas/media/078_zpsb62162c4.jpg.html
http://i.imgur.com/ofsSMuO.jpg
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-17 01:37:57
July 17 2015 01:34 GMT
#1092
On July 17 2015 10:29 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2015 10:24 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On July 17 2015 10:07 IgnE wrote:
I can't read your mind bro. I can only respond to questions as written. My unsolicited opinion is that you are small, think you know everything, and looking to remain small. Don't tell me you are cutting out dips and scared of hurting your shoulders but also say:

When someone tells me to do 100 pull-aparts a day for a year, well that's where I'm going to be like "yeah fuck that", if there isn't some science behind it. I dunno, it's just too anecdotal for my preference.


Here's another anecdote for you. I've been doing pull-aparts the last six months and it's greatly improved how healthy my shoulders feel. I would bet that you can't deliberately contract your lower traps and might not even know where they are or what they do, but you are sitting up on your scientific high horse pondering the differences between a 30 and 45 degree barbell row.


Scott Herman is also "small", Conor McGregor is also "small" that doesn't make it wrong to want to look like them. I took a look at your pics in the 2014 thread, and I don't want to look like that. I'm not saying you look bad, but it's too big, and not toned enough for my liking. I know the term "athletic build" gets a lot of crap, but I cycle a lot, play tennis, squash, ski.... Weighing 240lbs makes that difficult to do. If I can't run 10km easily, I wouldn't want to look like that, and I don't know many people who weigh 240lb that can run 10km like it was a breeze... Anyway, few people with that mentality here, but just trying

Anyway, different goals, and again, you're making assumptions about me, which aren't correct.

You're unwittingly making a case for the theory that lower bf and more aerobic intensive sports and activities increase the risk of injury more than resistance training.


It's where my passion lies. Laying on a bed also has lower risk of injury than weightlifting (okay, in some weird way this might not be true, lets not get into that)... If I'm going to weightlift, I want to reduce my risks. If I'm going to run, I'm going to make sure I have proper gear to minimize risk of injury to my joints, etc.

I'm just shocked that most people here still cannot understand my mentality. Like if you care enough, and go look in the cycling/running thread, and mix that with eshlow mentality, and a hint of what's here... And poof, you have me when it comes to fitness. If someone doesn't want to get huge, doesn't mean they don't know that they are doing... Hell, in most sports people are thinking about how they can lose more weight without losing their strength.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 17 2015 01:36 GMT
#1093
Dude those guys can all lift orders of magnitude more than you can.......by a long shot. You need to reevaluate your expectations or change your approach or disappointment is bound to follow.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 17 2015 01:41 GMT
#1094
Honestly I'm just trying to help you get your head right so that you are still lifting in December. I know you are proud of your recent accomplishments in the gym, but three months is not a long time, and it would not be surprising if 2016 rolls around and you start posting, "well I fell off the wagon last August, but now I'm really ready to do it." Getting strong is a marathon not a sprint.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
July 17 2015 01:43 GMT
#1095
On July 17 2015 10:36 farvacola wrote:
Dude those guys can all lift orders of magnitude more than you can.......by a long shot. You need to reevaluate your expectations or change your approach or disappointment is bound to follow.


Sigh, don't start trolling too farva.

I'm working towards my goals, and not concerned about disappointment. Remember, I've worked out in the past, I know what my body is capable of.

I'm not saying that this is what I'm expecting in a month, but saying that looking something like that might be an end goal for me, and then I'd have more emphasis on mobility, cardio, intensity training, etc. By a lot of peoples standards here, this is considered "small". Idc, this is more of what I'm aiming for.... Not lifting like strongmang, or seeing some 500lb+ deadlifts here, decaf, IgnE, etc.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 17 2015 01:46 GMT
#1096
On July 17 2015 10:24 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2015 10:07 IgnE wrote:
I can't read your mind bro. I can only respond to questions as written. My unsolicited opinion is that you are small, think you know everything, and looking to remain small. Don't tell me you are cutting out dips and scared of hurting your shoulders but also say:

When someone tells me to do 100 pull-aparts a day for a year, well that's where I'm going to be like "yeah fuck that", if there isn't some science behind it. I dunno, it's just too anecdotal for my preference.


Here's another anecdote for you. I've been doing pull-aparts the last six months and it's greatly improved how healthy my shoulders feel. I would bet that you can't deliberately contract your lower traps and might not even know where they are or what they do, but you are sitting up on your scientific high horse pondering the differences between a 30 and 45 degree barbell row.


Scott Herman is also "small", Conor McGregor is also "small" that doesn't make it wrong to want to look like them. I took a look at your pics in the 2014 thread, and I don't want to look like that. I'm not saying you look bad, but it's too big, and not toned enough for my liking. I know the term "athletic build" gets a lot of crap, but I cycle a lot, play tennis, squash, ski.... Weighing 240lbs makes that difficult to do. If I can't run 10km easily, I wouldn't want to look like that, and I don't know many people who weigh 240lb that can run 10km like it was a breeze... Anyway, few people with that mentality here, but just trying

Anyway, different goals, and again, you're making assumptions about me, which aren't correct.

IDK, I run quite rarely now, and 10km isn't any harder for me now than it was 50 (lean) pounds ago when I actually ran three or four times a week. Not as easy as it was when I was on the cross country team - but that's a trade I'd happily make, as the rest of my QoL has improved so much since then it's not even funny. I'm an outlier though.

Anyway, this isn't a one or the other proposition like you're making it. You're not going to get an "athletic build" benching 135 pounds, and the things you're asking questions about really honestly don't matter, in the scheme of things. But I know where you're coming from. I spent years telling myself I could (think, program, analyze, insert word here, whatever you want to call it) my way to the goals I wanted to hit, and it doesn't work that way. 80% of the results come from just pushing yourself hard. The remainder comes from the questions you're asking, but worrying about this shit and then not taking that 80% is doing yourself a disservice.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
July 17 2015 01:49 GMT
#1097
On July 17 2015 10:41 IgnE wrote:
Honestly I'm just trying to help you get your head right so that you are still lifting in December. I know you are proud of your recent accomplishments in the gym, but three months is not a long time, and it would not be surprising if 2016 rolls around and you start posting, "well I fell off the wagon last August, but now I'm really ready to do it." Getting strong is a marathon not a sprint.


Well thank you for the caring attitude I guess.

I fully agree, I know what it's like to lose years of progress lmao. It's tough with university for sure... But if your goal is to keep me motivated, don't you think instead of empowering your pupil with knowledge and confidence is better than telling them that they are shit, they don't even have muscles, they don't even know what any of their muscles do, etc?

Even in the past, I've just felt that people who have been working out for a while, get really stubborn in thinking their way is the best, and really talking down to new people that they know what's best. Just doesn't lead to healthy communication and advice imo.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-17 01:57:13
July 17 2015 01:54 GMT
#1098
On July 17 2015 10:46 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2015 10:24 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On July 17 2015 10:07 IgnE wrote:
I can't read your mind bro. I can only respond to questions as written. My unsolicited opinion is that you are small, think you know everything, and looking to remain small. Don't tell me you are cutting out dips and scared of hurting your shoulders but also say:

When someone tells me to do 100 pull-aparts a day for a year, well that's where I'm going to be like "yeah fuck that", if there isn't some science behind it. I dunno, it's just too anecdotal for my preference.


Here's another anecdote for you. I've been doing pull-aparts the last six months and it's greatly improved how healthy my shoulders feel. I would bet that you can't deliberately contract your lower traps and might not even know where they are or what they do, but you are sitting up on your scientific high horse pondering the differences between a 30 and 45 degree barbell row.


Scott Herman is also "small", Conor McGregor is also "small" that doesn't make it wrong to want to look like them. I took a look at your pics in the 2014 thread, and I don't want to look like that. I'm not saying you look bad, but it's too big, and not toned enough for my liking. I know the term "athletic build" gets a lot of crap, but I cycle a lot, play tennis, squash, ski.... Weighing 240lbs makes that difficult to do. If I can't run 10km easily, I wouldn't want to look like that, and I don't know many people who weigh 240lb that can run 10km like it was a breeze... Anyway, few people with that mentality here, but just trying

Anyway, different goals, and again, you're making assumptions about me, which aren't correct.

IDK, I run quite rarely now, and 10km isn't any harder for me now than it was 50 (lean) pounds ago when I actually ran three or four times a week. Not as easy as it was when I was on the cross country team - but that's a trade I'd happily make, as the rest of my QoL has improved so much since then it's not even funny. I'm an outlier though.

Anyway, this isn't a one or the other proposition like you're making it. You're not going to get an "athletic build" benching 135 pounds, and the things you're asking questions about really honestly don't matter, in the scheme of things. But I know where you're coming from. I spent years telling myself I could (think, program, analyze, insert word here, whatever you want to call it) my way to the goals I wanted to hit, and it doesn't work that way. 80% of the results come from just pushing yourself hard. The remainder comes from the questions you're asking, but worrying about this shit and then not taking that 80% is doing yourself a disservice.


Yep, I agree with you 100%.

And I've been doing my thing for the 3 months, and have been making progress by working hard. If I wasn't doing it, that be a different thing completely (like spending a month deciding whether I should get resistance bands or a gym membership or something stupid), but I'm asked a question, to work on that last 20%, and to feel better about the work out I do.

I didn't come here asking this like this was the most important question I need to make progress, I just threw it in as a side thing in my post, to see what you guys think about the most effective way of doing the lift is, so I do it slightly better, slightly reduce my risk of injury, and understand the work out I am doing better, as that in turn makes me feel better about what I'm doing.

edit: And like I mentioned prior, I did struggle with this exercise in the past as well.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 17 2015 02:05 GMT
#1099
My advice is to get a band and do 100 pull-aparts every morning upon waking.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
July 17 2015 02:18 GMT
#1100
nice one i almost pulled my shoulder getting my resistance bands off the shelf
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.