• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9549 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 47

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 234 Next
Strongmang
Profile Joined June 2015
18 Posts
June 08 2015 13:42 GMT
#921
Events for next show

Viking press 350/400
Farmers walk 350 per hand
Bus pull
Keg carry and load
Car deadlift

Yesterday's bench sesh:


Bench press: 135-10, 225-10, 315-8, 365-3 (no rest pyramid set)
225-50 over 4 mins
135-100 over 4 mins
Poundstone curls: 150, 110
Db rows: 180-20-20-20
Tri pushdowns: red mini band - 15-15-15
(Superset with empty barbell overhead extension)

Tons of volume, was awfully tight the next day.
Added in allergy medication and sleep aid. Sleep is on a whole nother level now :D
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
June 08 2015 14:01 GMT
#922
On June 06 2015 12:56 Ehzera wrote:
Just squatted my old 1rm of 150kg for a fairly easy triple!!


Nice dude! Glad to hear you're doing well!

For the dampening if the rowing machine, between 3-5 is the general consensus that best stimulates water. Going above that is considered unnecessary. I'm assuming you're using a concept 2 if course.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 08 2015 14:14 GMT
#923
On June 06 2015 10:54 IgnE wrote:
Pretty strong bro.

@mordek
You ain't big enough yet. They wouldn't ask will haskell to "control the weight."


Just keep getting beastly till people are too scared to tell you what to do :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 08 2015 14:16 GMT
#924
Last week:

Monday - Worked up to 100kg snatch 130kg clean and jerk
Wednesday - Worked up to 80kg in sn and cj
Thursday - Up to 105kg sn

Some squats mixed in there too. Also managed to do a normal looking 3x5 pull ups, i think my pinched nerves are starting to get back to normal so i'm not super lopsided. About 4 weeks out from competition.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-08 16:47:40
June 08 2015 16:47 GMT
#925
On June 08 2015 22:37 mordek wrote:
Rowed for 3k for the first time this morning. How do you guys decide on your damper setting? I haven't spent enough time to figure out exactly what it means, it seems to be less intuitive than just a resistance setting.

Also planning to get bigger soon, thanks :D Hit my lowest weight in a while last week.


I set it at 6 or 7 because someone told me to do that. Who knows if that's a good setting. I guess I could try 3-5.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 09 2015 01:52 GMT
#926
BP (3 sec pause) 135x3, 142.5x3, 150x3, 157.5x1 (reg pause)
SQ 205x1, 190x3x3



Quarter SQ 250x10x2, Half SQ 205x5x2
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
June 09 2015 09:23 GMT
#927
On June 08 2015 22:37 mordek wrote:
Rowed for 3k for the first time this morning. How do you guys decide on your damper setting? I haven't spent enough time to figure out exactly what it means, it seems to be less intuitive than just a resistance setting.

Also planning to get bigger soon, thanks :D Hit my lowest weight in a while last week.

Go to "more", "Options", "Display drag factor". You should move the damper so that the resistance is approx 115. US heavyweights like to have their dampers all the way up to 135~, but lower back injuries are also much more common. I personally have the damper on 120~. The relationship between the damper & the drag factor depends per machine and changes over time, the only way you will know before your row that you are on the right drag factor is to go through this process. Takes like 20 secs though.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 09 2015 09:35 GMT
#928
Meh, been down with bronchitis for a week now, really sucks. Coughing my lungs out and just walking two flights of stairs leaves me out of breath. I was so excited to get back into lifting after a diet of ungodly amounts of vodka, beer, and barbecue last week. Of course, that might have had something to do with getting sick ...
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 09 2015 11:42 GMT
#929
On June 09 2015 18:23 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2015 22:37 mordek wrote:
Rowed for 3k for the first time this morning. How do you guys decide on your damper setting? I haven't spent enough time to figure out exactly what it means, it seems to be less intuitive than just a resistance setting.

Also planning to get bigger soon, thanks :D Hit my lowest weight in a while last week.

Go to "more", "Options", "Display drag factor". You should move the damper so that the resistance is approx 115. US heavyweights like to have their dampers all the way up to 135~, but lower back injuries are also much more common. I personally have the damper on 120~. The relationship between the damper & the drag factor depends per machine and changes over time, the only way you will know before your row that you are on the right drag factor is to go through this process. Takes like 20 secs though.

Awesome, thanks!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-09 17:06:04
June 09 2015 17:01 GMT
#930
I injured myself like a dumbass last week by playing basketball barefoot, so I had to basically take last week off. Back to lifting this week though. Even though I was basically fine by the end of last week, I had graduation and family stuff to do so I just had no time to lift over the weekend.

Bench Press - 145x8x4
Incline Bench - 110x8x4
Chin-ups - BWx8x4
*Lateral Raise - 25x10x3
*Front Raise - 15x10x3
Dumbbell Curls w/ Fat Gripz - 25x12x3
Barbell Shrugs - 230x12x3
Face-pulls - light band x20x3

*supersetted the two shoulder exercises

Everything felt pretty good today. I think I'm just going to stick with the higher volume on everything and take some time to work on my lower back pain. If it's mostly cleared up in a few weeks I might go back to some lower rep work, but I think I can still build enough strength with sets of 8 so it's not too big of a deal.
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
June 09 2015 20:04 GMT
#931
As someone who does almost everything barefoot I am interested in how you got injured. Please elaborate.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 09 2015 21:40 GMT
#932
He could have been stepped on / landed on by someone wearing shoes. Stubbed his toe on pavement. Kicked the basketball pole. It's a mystery until mtl returns

It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
June 09 2015 23:35 GMT
#933
On June 09 2015 18:23 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2015 22:37 mordek wrote:
Rowed for 3k for the first time this morning. How do you guys decide on your damper setting? I haven't spent enough time to figure out exactly what it means, it seems to be less intuitive than just a resistance setting.

Also planning to get bigger soon, thanks :D Hit my lowest weight in a while last week.

Go to "more", "Options", "Display drag factor". You should move the damper so that the resistance is approx 115. US heavyweights like to have their dampers all the way up to 135~, but lower back injuries are also much more common. I personally have the damper on 120~. The relationship between the damper & the drag factor depends per machine and changes over time, the only way you will know before your row that you are on the right drag factor is to go through this process. Takes like 20 secs though.


Dude this is awesome thanks. Set the damper to 125 today and rowed 2k in 6:48.8.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 10 2015 02:05 GMT
#934
The actual injury isn't very interesting. I had some minor scrapes/cuts on my foot, but the major issue was a gigantic blood blister on my foot. It's starting to shrink, but it was pretty massive when I first got it. I couldn't really walk on my foot for one day because my foot was pretty sensitive and I didn't want the blood blister to burst, and I figured that since most lifting requires me to be on my feet it would probably be best just to wait a little bit.

Sorry for the anticlimactic story. I probably could've pushed it if I really wanted to, but given that I had to walk for graduation I just didn't feel like risking anything.
Strongmang
Profile Joined June 2015
18 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-10 03:08:41
June 10 2015 02:35 GMT
#935
Squats up to: 615-3
Down set to fatigue legs: 325-20
5 second pause squats: 425-5
Front squats paused to 16" box: 385-5-5-5
Hanging leg raises 3 sets to failure
Leg curls: 125-15-15-15
Strongmang
Profile Joined June 2015
18 Posts
June 10 2015 03:03 GMT
#936


My 4 year old climbing da rope
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
June 10 2015 03:11 GMT
#937
On June 10 2015 11:35 Strongmang wrote:
Squats up to: 615-3
Down set to fatigue legs: 325-20
5 second pause squats: 425-5
Front squats paused to 16" box: 385-5-5-5
Hanging leg raises 3 sets to failure
Leg curls: 125-15-15-15
https://youtu.be/uhsnoRjhPqc


How do you do leg curls?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Strongmang
Profile Joined June 2015
18 Posts
June 10 2015 03:18 GMT
#938
Laying leg curls
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 10 2015 12:04 GMT
#939
On June 10 2015 11:05 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
The actual injury isn't very interesting. I had some minor scrapes/cuts on my foot, but the major issue was a gigantic blood blister on my foot. It's starting to shrink, but it was pretty massive when I first got it. I couldn't really walk on my foot for one day because my foot was pretty sensitive and I didn't want the blood blister to burst, and I figured that since most lifting requires me to be on my feet it would probably be best just to wait a little bit.

Sorry for the anticlimactic story. I probably could've pushed it if I really wanted to, but given that I had to walk for graduation I just didn't feel like risking anything.

Ha nice. I walked three days after ACL reconstruction, you probably would have made it
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
June 11 2015 09:15 GMT
#940
On June 10 2015 08:35 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2015 18:23 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On June 08 2015 22:37 mordek wrote:
Rowed for 3k for the first time this morning. How do you guys decide on your damper setting? I haven't spent enough time to figure out exactly what it means, it seems to be less intuitive than just a resistance setting.

Also planning to get bigger soon, thanks :D Hit my lowest weight in a while last week.

Go to "more", "Options", "Display drag factor". You should move the damper so that the resistance is approx 115. US heavyweights like to have their dampers all the way up to 135~, but lower back injuries are also much more common. I personally have the damper on 120~. The relationship between the damper & the drag factor depends per machine and changes over time, the only way you will know before your row that you are on the right drag factor is to go through this process. Takes like 20 secs though.


Dude this is awesome thanks. Set the damper to 125 today and rowed 2k in 6:48.8.

Glad it helps! 125 sounds right for someone your size. A 2k is quite long, and a higher drag factor really doesn't necessarily lead to lower times. Protip: if you are doing 100m sprints or something silly, then you should aim for a higher drag factor (150 or so). I don't know why on earth you 2k so often though, they are zero fun haha.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.