• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 204

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 234 Next
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-23 00:43:54
March 23 2018 00:39 GMT
#4061
mordek, unfortunately no. I was traveling for work a lot and didn't have time. I did start training again a few weeks since I'm not traveling anymore.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 23 2018 03:46 GMT
#4062
Welcome back Dimsum!
Official Entusman #21
Pulimuli1
Profile Joined August 2017
33 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-25 12:18:45
March 25 2018 09:03 GMT
#4063

https://m.imgur.com/a/SsgMa

Down to 69kg which is about where i need to be.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-25 19:17:53
March 25 2018 19:17 GMT
#4064
On March 16 2018 14:48 L_Master wrote:
On the downside, I have no idea what I just did to myself. Hit some golf balls two days ago for the first time in a while and sort of bothered what either seemed to be the left erector or lat.

Then yesterday I noticed at one point walking a little bit of pain right in the center of my chest about the breastbone/sternum level, but also seemingly centered somewhere dead center of the back around or just below the shoulder blades. Only noticed it subtely yesterday, and it didn't bother me cycling or doing some light lifts of OHP, incline, dips and some other assistance.

Then today it blew up. Coughed walking back from work and it was a solid pain at both times in the center of my chest and in the center of my back. A bit of a crushing sense to it, almost like what you'd imagine from heart trouble or angina, but I've been screened recently, don't have any reasons to be suspicious there, felt fine aerobically, and also had reproducible pain and relief depending on motion. This gradually decreased over about 20' from a pretty painful, perhaps 6-7/10 down to a dull ache that I only noticed in certain movements.

Then later tonight I wasn't thinking about it and pulled hard on the skewer of the bike to take the wheel off and set it off again, worse than the first time. This time, though it feels very close to centered, it has a subtle right side component to it and only hurts with right side based activity.

Can't seem to palpate anything to reproduce the pain, and I also have no clue if it's coming from my back or chest...which is slightly annoying. I can get some discomfort thrusting my neck forward, exhaling (at base of exhale) forcefully, and on fly like motions or pushing my hands hard against each other.

Supposed to deadlift and do back work tomorrow...think I'm still going to go, but just start with the bar and try to avoid tweaking this at all, as I have no idea what movements I can and cannot do.

Hope this is better. Sounds like a sprained intercostal to me (the muscles between the ribs that expand when you try to take a really deep breath) but it could also be a number of other (more or less serious) things. Did you ever get it checked out? Did it get better in the week since you posted?

On March 20 2018 12:04 sung_moon wrote:
Speaking of deadlifts, been on 5/3/1 for about 2 months now, with the goal of eventually, reaching 1k total in the 3 main powerlifts. While I feel very confident in my Bench/Squat form, I can't help but feel that maybe my Deadlift still has a ton of work form-wise.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BghnF4mHyNP/?taken-by=alexloeung

Feel free to critique or massacre my form. Let me know if its ok, bad, or I'm on a 1-way ticket to Snap City. I usually workout alone (except the day this footage was taken), and so, I don't have much in other's opinion/evaluation of my DL form.

Thanks guys.

Followed you.

You're sitting down into the movement too much to start. Notice how when you start pulling, the first thing that happens is your hips rise, THEN they extend to break the bar off the ground? Start with them higher so you can get properly tight and you'll be stronger and you'll strain your lower back less. I'm not noticing any rounding that's going to do you any damage - you're barely even rounding the thoracic spine really, just letting your shoulders come forward which is perfectly fine and a good way to make the ROM shorter, it just makes your lockout a bit harder. Make sure you keep the lats tight though (usual cue is "bend the bar" or to pretend someone is trying to poke you in the arm pit and "cover it" with your upper arm). Also possibly something that I'm overly sensitive to since it just made a hell of a difference in my own deadlift recently, but try to sit back more to get your shins more vertical. THIS VIDEO explains the process and the reasons for it quite well (and the rest of JP cauchi's deadlift videos are pretty neat too.) A bit of that will be resolved when you start with your hips higher, but extending at the ankles is also something to take a look at. Finally, take your time in between reps, possibly even fully reset your form in between. Your first rep on each set (especially the second and third sets) look much better than the following reps.

On March 21 2018 22:47 VHbb wrote:
Hi guys - I need your advice

what do you suggest eating for breakfast when you train during the day?

some notes on myself:

- I cannot have a very large breakfast: I don't mean too many calories, but too much stuff.. I hate eating in the morning, and the idea of stuffing myself with a large volume of food is not very appealing

- I go to the gym in the morning twice a week, and I play rugby twice a week (gym on Mon / Wed; rugby on Tue / Thursday)

- I usually have a very light lunch, I don't like eating at work (I bring my own, but if I eat a big lunch I don't work well in the afternoon)

- my breakfast is usually either (a) 2 eggs or (b) some yogurt with oatmeal, and a coffee always


any advice? I realized I'm feeling quite weak after the gym, and I don't really recover too much during the day..
so perhaps I could add something that gives me more energy in the morning.. what do you think?

thanks!

Start small when you're bumping up your food intake. Turn two eggs into three. Give that a while then turn three into four, then add a cup of milk or something, etc. Same concept applies to lunch. There was a time when my current breakfast would have been my calorie intake for most of the day. Now when I eat it, I'm still hungry afterward.

Get some easy carbs in before the gym (add a couple slices of toast, maybe with jam on top, or a banana or something) to your current breakfast for more energy DURING the workout, but also be sure to get some food or a recovery drink in you afterward to replace 1) fluid 2) carbohydrates 3) sodium and 4) to provide protein for muscle repair. I like to do milk and a protein bar after my workout but that's just personal preference.
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-27 14:19:04
March 27 2018 14:18 GMT
#4065
thanks phyre, that's good advice about the breakfast -- I'm trying to do as suggested and this couple of days is feeling actually better.. for now I just combined my two typical breakfast together and I have 2 eggs + some yogurt with oatmeal and a banana (+coffee).. it's enough to resist until lunch
and when I have rugby training in the evening I get a good snack mid afternoon (again like yogurt + banana.. this still feels a little light, probably I should add some carbs, but it's harder since I'm usually at work)

p.s. played my first match this weekend, man my stamina is shit.. i was dying at the end
My life for Aiur !
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
March 27 2018 18:15 GMT
#4066
Yea Phyre, it hasn't really bothered me since then.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
March 27 2018 18:52 GMT
#4067
Should I ever try a max pull if I'm not doing any sort of competition? How do you work up to that? Do you just do singles and increase the weight gradually?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
March 27 2018 19:09 GMT
#4068
On March 28 2018 03:52 Jerubaal wrote:
Should I ever try a max pull if I'm not doing any sort of competition? How do you work up to that? Do you just do singles and increase the weight gradually?


My inclination is that is sorta depends what you want out of it. From a fitness standpoint, is doing a max single/testing 1RM likely to make you much stronger? Probably not.

The value lies either in the personal satisfaction of going for true PRs, some possible training value from setting specific targets based off an actual max, and potentially in finding out where weak points in your lift and technique are.

It is fun too. The way I worked up to it was just moving from sets of 5 to some triples, then some doubles, then onto competition day with an opener that I could double/triple, move up to bit more on number 2, and then go for the PR on number 3.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-27 20:26:58
March 27 2018 20:26 GMT
#4069
On March 26 2018 04:17 phyre112 wrote:
You're sitting down into the movement too much to start. Notice how when you start pulling, the first thing that happens is your hips rise, THEN they extend to break the bar off the ground? Start with them higher so you can get properly tight and you'll be stronger and you'll strain your lower back less. I'm not noticing any rounding that's going to do you any damage - you're barely even rounding the thoracic spine really, just letting your shoulders come forward which is perfectly fine and a good way to make the ROM shorter, it just makes your lockout a bit harder. Make sure you keep the lats tight though (usual cue is "bend the bar" or to pretend someone is trying to poke you in the arm pit and "cover it" with your upper arm). Also possibly something that I'm overly sensitive to since it just made a hell of a difference in my own deadlift recently, but try to sit back more to get your shins more vertical. THIS VIDEO explains the process and the reasons for it quite well (and the rest of JP cauchi's deadlift videos are pretty neat too.) A bit of that will be resolved when you start with your hips higher, but extending at the ankles is also something to take a look at. Finally, take your time in between reps, possibly even fully reset your form in between. Your first rep on each set (especially the second and third sets) look much better than the following reps.

Thanks bro, I appreciate all the tips I've gotten from everyone!

Forever Young
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 27 2018 21:53 GMT
#4070
On March 28 2018 03:52 Jerubaal wrote:
Should I ever try a max pull if I'm not doing any sort of competition? How do you work up to that? Do you just do singles and increase the weight gradually?


I mean there's not really a good reason to.

Except IT'S FUCKING AWESOME. Going primal and ripping heavy ass weight off the ground is extremely satisfying.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
March 28 2018 02:22 GMT
#4071
is eshlow still around? I saw he got married on fb? I just started reading his Overcoming Gravity book. About 5 years late.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-28 02:29:59
March 28 2018 02:29 GMT
#4072
On March 27 2018 23:18 VHbb wrote:
thanks phyre, that's good advice about the breakfast -- I'm trying to do as suggested and this couple of days is feeling actually better.. for now I just combined my two typical breakfast together and I have 2 eggs + some yogurt with oatmeal and a banana (+coffee).. it's enough to resist until lunch
and when I have rugby training in the evening I get a good snack mid afternoon (again like yogurt + banana.. this still feels a little light, probably I should add some carbs, but it's harder since I'm usually at work)

p.s. played my first match this weekend, man my stamina is shit.. i was dying at the end

I find the better my cardio is the harder I push out of the gate and I wind up feeling exactly the same in the 80th minute anyway. Scrums are hard.
Pulimuli1
Profile Joined August 2017
33 Posts
March 28 2018 09:24 GMT
#4073
On March 28 2018 11:22 AoN.DimSum wrote:
is eshlow still around? I saw he got married on fb? I just started reading his Overcoming Gravity book. About 5 years late.


Havent read it yet ☹️ planning on tho
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
March 28 2018 13:42 GMT
#4074
Is he planning a follow-up called Overcoming the Strong Force?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
March 28 2018 13:51 GMT
#4075
Overcoming gravity has been writen by a dude chilling on TL ?!

I read it didn't even know that
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
March 28 2018 14:05 GMT
#4076
On March 28 2018 11:29 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2018 23:18 VHbb wrote:
thanks phyre, that's good advice about the breakfast -- I'm trying to do as suggested and this couple of days is feeling actually better.. for now I just combined my two typical breakfast together and I have 2 eggs + some yogurt with oatmeal and a banana (+coffee).. it's enough to resist until lunch
and when I have rugby training in the evening I get a good snack mid afternoon (again like yogurt + banana.. this still feels a little light, probably I should add some carbs, but it's harder since I'm usually at work)

p.s. played my first match this weekend, man my stamina is shit.. i was dying at the end

I find the better my cardio is the harder I push out of the gate and I wind up feeling exactly the same in the 80th minute anyway. Scrums are hard.


Scrums are hard indeed
for a 75kg flanker like me, either I am very fast and I can be present in several rucks, and go to cover outside quickly -- or otherwise I wouldn't play much eheheh
My life for Aiur !
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 28 2018 15:23 GMT
#4077
On March 28 2018 22:51 Philozovic wrote:
Overcoming gravity has been writen by a dude chilling on TL ?!

I read it didn't even know that

Eshlow was the originator of the original thread iirc. I ended up reselling my copy of Overcoming Gravity. It was a good read though, I just ended up not pursuing the bodyweight as much and it seemed to have decent resale numbers
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 28 2018 16:08 GMT
#4078
On March 28 2018 11:22 AoN.DimSum wrote:
is eshlow still around? I saw he got married on fb? I just started reading his Overcoming Gravity book. About 5 years late.


I'm not cool enough to be friends with eshlow on fb
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 28 2018 16:09 GMT
#4079
On March 28 2018 11:29 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2018 23:18 VHbb wrote:
thanks phyre, that's good advice about the breakfast -- I'm trying to do as suggested and this couple of days is feeling actually better.. for now I just combined my two typical breakfast together and I have 2 eggs + some yogurt with oatmeal and a banana (+coffee).. it's enough to resist until lunch
and when I have rugby training in the evening I get a good snack mid afternoon (again like yogurt + banana.. this still feels a little light, probably I should add some carbs, but it's harder since I'm usually at work)

p.s. played my first match this weekend, man my stamina is shit.. i was dying at the end

I find the better my cardio is the harder I push out of the gate and I wind up feeling exactly the same in the 80th minute anyway. Scrums are hard.


If you make it to the end of an 80 minute game of rugby and you're not completely exhausted you probably did something wrong. Especially as flanker.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 28 2018 22:07 GMT
#4080
energies was aswell or he was early on
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Prev 1 202 203 204 205 206 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.