• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6046 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 86

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 173 Next
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 11 2014 00:43 GMT
#1701
On June 11 2014 07:10 farvacola wrote:
I never wanna be wherever it is you are; I can't imagine paying 80 bucks a month for a gym.


But everyone makes more money in those areas so they can afford it. Right? Isn't that how it works?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 11 2014 00:53 GMT
#1702
Power Snatch 70kgx1 (PR), 62.5x3(PR), 60kgx3x2
(lol my first pull)



BS 160kgx3x5 (high bar)

tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
June 11 2014 01:23 GMT
#1703
CrossFit is expensive because you're paying for a personal trainer, not just equipment rental. Also, lots of weight.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
June 11 2014 01:40 GMT
#1704
Crossfit is $300 a month in Tokyo

Thx
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
June 11 2014 01:50 GMT
#1705
Today doing 175 bench for the first time, I was reminded of the Bro science episode where he says, "Before I bench, I have to write a letter to my family in case something happens." I really need to find someone to spot me >_< Hard being the only white guy in a Korean gym sometimes...
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 11 2014 03:34 GMT
#1706
Lols the crossfits here range from 200-300/month or 20-30/for one session. between the couple weightlifting clubs and being good at weightlifting though I pay around 100/month total for the 3-4 gyms I go to.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
June 11 2014 12:18 GMT
#1707
Crunch gyms and crossfit gyms in Manhattan have so many hotties walking around you need an extra towel, srs. Btw today is picture upload day guys. I'll upload mine later this afternoon.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 11 2014 13:57 GMT
#1708
On June 11 2014 21:18 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Crunch gyms and crossfit gyms in Manhattan have so many hotties walking around you need an extra towel, srs. Btw today is picture upload day guys. I'll upload mine later this afternoon.


You live in Manhattan?!

Why did we never meet. the fuck..
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
June 11 2014 14:09 GMT
#1709
I'm a runner, so my goals come down to more muscle, focus on core/quads (so I lift 2x or so a week in the offseason) and improved speed.

My core distance is the half marathon (21.1km/13.1 miles), though I have fun with the 10-miler/15k distances too, but I have also done 2 full marathons.

I'd like to get a sub-1:30 half, at the moment I cannot break 1:38. Probably going to work on more hill training.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
June 11 2014 14:11 GMT
#1710
And Crossfit rates where I live (London) aren't much better, which is why I avoid it.

Copied and pasted from Crossfit London:

Per session options
■Single session pass £15 (valid for one month)
■5 session carnet £65 (valid for up to three months)
■10 session carnet £110 (valid for up to six months)
■20 session carnet £190 (valid for up to nine months)
■50 session carnet £425 (valid for up to twelve months)

Monthly membership options
■Up to 3/4x sessions/week £105 – 13 sessions to be used within the month
■Up to 5/6x sessions/week £145 – 20 sessions to be used within the month

Personal training options
■Beginner’s PT package (five sessions) £220 – introductory offer
■Single CrossFit personal training session £60
■5 CrossFit personal training sessions £270
■10 CrossFit personal training sessions £480
■Shared CrossFit personal training session (2 people) £80
■Shared CrossFit personal training session (3 people) £90
■Athlete initial assessment (for new clients with some prior experience) £40
■Single Gymnastics personal training session £60
■5 Gymnastics personal training sessions £270
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-11 14:36:48
June 11 2014 14:33 GMT
#1711
weight goal achieved: 75kg

and i dont look near the way i thought... damn u bf%

now what T_T... keep lifting heavy?
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 11 2014 14:40 GMT
#1712
On June 11 2014 23:09 Half the Sky wrote:
I'm a runner, so my goals come down to more muscle, focus on core/quads (so I lift 2x or so a week in the offseason) and improved speed.

My core distance is the half marathon (21.1km/13.1 miles), though I have fun with the 10-miler/15k distances too, but I have also done 2 full marathons.

I'd like to get a sub-1:30 half, at the moment I cannot break 1:38. Probably going to work on more hill training.


When does your season start? If you're not already doing them, some squats/deadlifts and building up your leg strength could really help your running.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
June 11 2014 14:45 GMT
#1713
I paid $150 for unlimited classes at my crossfit gym, which is one of the best in the area. Prices go way up in the cities (rent is expensive for the gym itself) and way out in the sticks where there's no competition (basically all of Australia).
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-11 16:55:33
June 11 2014 16:49 GMT
#1714
Hi guys, I am presently trying to engineer this kind of figure (tall, slim-ish, apparent abs) for myself from a 180 CM, 80KG figure. This would mostly involve cutting fat.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


How should I go about achieving this goal (what should I eat, cut from my diet, etc.)? How many times to the gym should I go each week and what is my focus when i go?

P.S. I would like to try and produce a more visible 6 pack than this guy, but only slightly more visible.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 11 2014 17:12 GMT
#1715
On June 12 2014 01:49 BreAKerTV wrote:
Hi guys, I am presently trying to engineer this kind of figure (tall, slim-ish, apparent abs) for myself from a 180 CM, 80KG figure. This would mostly involve cutting fat.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


How should I go about achieving this goal (what should I eat, cut from my diet, etc.)? How many times to the gym should I go each week and what is my focus when i go?

P.S. I would like to try and produce a more visible 6 pack than this guy, but only slightly more visible.


Spoiler includes pretty generic beginner advice, for cutting a bit, which is pretty much what you seem to want.
+ Show Spoiler +

Do a full body lifting routine three times a week. Focus on linear progression, and regularly adding weight to compound lifts. Something simple like

A:
3 sets of 5 squats
3 sets of 5 Bent over Barbell Rows
3 sets of 5 Bench Press

B:
5 sets of 3 Front Squats
1 set of 5 deadlifts
3 sets of 5 overhead presses

Just alternate, A then B, and you can't go wrong with doing as many chinups as possible if you've got energy left over at the end of the workout.

Shouldn't need cardio, but you can do it if you like cardio or want to be in good cardiovascular shape.

diet wise start counting calories. Count everything you eat for the next week, then the following week drop 500 calories from that. Stay at that -500 number for two weeks and see if you lose weight. If you do, keep at it. If you don't drop a further 500. When your weight loss stalls out, drop a further 250. Repeat until desired body achieved.


@Celltech I'll take a progress pic when I get home tonight and upload it then.

Also agree with funkie, wtf, since when did you live in manhattan? I should be going through there 2-3 times this summer. Lets get a lift in.

IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 11 2014 18:28 GMT
#1716
On June 12 2014 01:49 BreAKerTV wrote:
Hi guys, I am presently trying to engineer this kind of figure (tall, slim-ish, apparent abs) for myself from a 180 CM, 80KG figure. This would mostly involve cutting fat.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


How should I go about achieving this goal (what should I eat, cut from my diet, etc.)? How many times to the gym should I go each week and what is my focus when i go?

P.S. I would like to try and produce a more visible 6 pack than this guy, but only slightly more visible.


Why didn't you just post Brad Pitt from Fight Club?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 11 2014 18:32 GMT
#1717
It looks like he is aiming to have less muscle and be skinnier than Tyler Durden.

Recommending anything to you BreAKerTV is kind of dependent how you look right now compared to your goal. At 180 CM, 80KG you will mostly just need to eat less I guess.
Most people here will tell you though that 80+ is a healthy weight for your height and you shouldn't really be looking at losing more.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 11 2014 18:44 GMT
#1718
On June 12 2014 01:49 BreAKerTV wrote:
Hi guys, I am presently trying to engineer this kind of figure (tall, slim-ish, apparent abs) for myself from a 180 CM, 80KG figure. This would mostly involve cutting fat.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


How should I go about achieving this goal (what should I eat, cut from my diet, etc.)? How many times to the gym should I go each week and what is my focus when i go?

P.S. I would like to try and produce a more visible 6 pack than this guy, but only slightly more visible.


Is this what looks good in taiwan? At 180cm I'd shoot for 80-90kg just need more muscle and less fat. Follow above advice and read the info in the OP.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 11 2014 18:52 GMT
#1719
The only problem I have is I have pizza probably 4 times a month.. and when I eat pizza, its mot just 2 slices. Its almost a whole box... I have an addiction I workout 5 days a week. Consistently. I weigh 180. 5'11. I just have to stop eating pizza..
我是冠军
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 11 2014 19:01 GMT
#1720
On June 12 2014 03:52 Adrian_mx wrote:
The only problem I have is I have pizza probably 4 times a month.. and when I eat pizza, its mot just 2 slices. Its almost a whole box... I have an addiction I workout 5 days a week. Consistently. I weigh 180. 5'11. I just have to stop eating pizza..


4 times a month is roughly once a week. Once a week isn't going to kill you if you're otherwise being good. IDK about you, but I can personally eat most of a large pizza and not be too over my daily calorie reqs. Its just that, along with a whey protein shake in water it's the only thing I'll eat that day.

Just remember, It's the big picture like "I hit all my workout goals and ate within 1k of my goal calories for the week" not about the little things like "I ate pizza today" that get you 80% of the way to where you want to be.
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 46m
Patches Events
10h 46m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.